• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm so if you go offline and launch MK9 you get the launch day combo values, play the game online and you get the current hot patch values.

For compo reasons neverrealm need to work out a better system for updates, I am all for tweaks and updates but they need to stick especially in a fighting game, real game patch needs to have these included for people who practice away from the net.

ithorien

Squall ASF said:
I wonder how that jpg would look? Probably a guy face palming, a guy pointing and laughing, Mr. Trollface, and Mr. ForeverAlone all sitting at their own monitor with a visual 'connection' going from their terminal to the center of the pic where you'd have a big NeoGAF logo. Wow, I put way too much thought into that.

Gerard Butler in 300 with Gaf shopped into it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Diablohead said:
Hm so if you go offline and launch MK9 you get the launch day combo values, play the game online and you get the current hot patch values.

For compo reasons neverrealm need to work out a better system for updates, I am all for tweaks and updates but they need to stick especially in a fighting game, real game patch needs to have these included for people who practice away from the net.

Agreed.

Maybe a cumulative update included in the inevitable title update when the DLC characters go live?

Diablohead said:

Weird. I haven't even played online yet. Is it just damage tuned or new properties and frames and such?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Diablohead said:

yikes

That's how i'm seeing it anyway, too lazy to check since my 360s is on wireless.

As for what gets changed, seems like damage output only, no frame data changes unless I can't tell I only practice with Ermac :p

Diablohead said:

Yeah, this could be problematic for tournaments.

GrayFoxPL

Diablohead said:

I think it means you need to be connected online not play online.

From Software did similar revisions in Armored Core 4, but you could choose the revision you wanted to Use.

Qatar

Just finished the story mode after replaying the final fight about 30 times till I got to win it. I was so furious and almost broke my controller for that damn Shao Kahn

Qatar said:
Just finished the story mode after replaying the final fight about 30 times till I got to win it. I was so furious and almost broke my controller for that damn Shao Kahn
I like hard bosses but when they have immune frames and shit like that reflective glow on attacks I feel so robbed, terrible way to make a boss hard.

Tesseract

Banned
the whole 'checking online for new features' thing is probably an incremental stopgap before the inevitable cumulative update.

or it better be. and they really need to ditch the 4mb title update crap. it's 2011.

Beth Cyra

Ilive1up said:
Any tips on beating Shao Kahn in story mode?
Spam Ranged attacks or a quick for hit combo on him to knock him out of Super Armor.

Depending on the fight you can pretty much perfect him if you just spam fire balls.

As for doing it in a way that doesn't feel cheap. I don't know, I personally think putting that much/many Super Armor, Special Attacks, Life and Anti Air on one character is retarded.

Tesseract

Banned
why would you want to honorably fight a cheap-ass bastard who was built to annoy and terrorize with every move, set, and counter. fuck shao khan, he gets nothing but fireball spams from me.

Ilive1up

ahahaha

i just got a double flawless victory on shao kahn.

awesome. just was always as far on the opposite side of him, and waited for him to taunt. he taunts so much. so easy, actually.

Absoludacrous said:
Ones right now are. Last night they were ok

They got better at the end. God I suck at this game, oh well it's a nice pace of change from shooters that I've been playing since goldeneye. Actually having something to aim for and learning something new is better than repeatedly destroying people in shooters.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Everyone join NEOGAFBELIEVE on XBL for HAWT MK AXXXION.

Diablohead said:

Only for 360 supposedly. A bug apparently. Hopefully it gets fixed.

DryEyeRelief said:
No record function in training mode is worse than no spectator mode in marvel 3. I'm surprised no one is making a big deal about it.

Yeah it's pretty dumb. Like why would you not include that shit?

Lost Fragment said:
Everyone join NEOGAFBELIEVE on XBL for HAWT MK AXXXION.
Will play if you don't mind me not talking at midnight here, should be some good lag delay too playing oversea wooo yeah whore smoke all night! :p

Eiji

Ilive1up said:

pxEqa.gif

"You Suck!"

Diablohead said:

wow, this game going horribly in tournament settings.

As mentioned, more testing need to be done.

For the hotfixes, 360 needs to be online.
PS3 can download these "patches" and they will still be avaliable offline.

At least, that is how it is understood atm.

notworksafe

DryEyeRelief said:
Because of all of those players and tournament organizers who are 360-only owners.
Oh right. The hardcore tourney players that don't take their single console online ever. I forgot about them. :p

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
FallingEdge said:
As mentioned, more testing need to be done.

For the hotfixes, 360 needs to be online.
PS3 can download these "patches" and they will still be avaliable offline.

At least, that is how it is understood atm.

With PSN down has the PS3 version actually updated at all to test that yet? Or does it connect to NRS servers independent of PSN?

KaYotiX

Banned
Ilive1up said:

Options---> story difficulty----> Beginner

Thats what i did and i am glad :) Dont get me wrong, i like tough games but CHEAP bosses esopecially in fighting games just makes me mad.

Sinatar said:
With PSN down has the PS3 version actually updated at all to test that yet? Or does it connect to NRS servers independent of PSN?

http://shoryuken.com/f345/concerns-stealth-updates-271933/#post10567983

I can't check the recent damage change to Smoke due to the PSN being down, but I do know for a fact that the PS3 version has a save file specifically dedicated to downloaded updates from the server. Before the game launched, I was able to do a Sindel combo. They stealth removed the ability to cancel her Back Kick into special moves, effectively killing that combo and, according to Tom Brady, her infinite combo. It doesn't matter if you're online or offline, you can't cancel out of the kick anymore. If you delete the save file from the PS3, you can once again cancel it.

I would assume that if tourneys use the PS3 version, they could copy their download file from home and put it on a flash drive and copy it to whatever PS3's are being used for the tourney.

I myself thought that was fixed from the Day 1 patch but I could be wrong. I asked for confirmation just to be sure.

Ilive1up said:

Get far away from him. If he taunts, lighting bolts or torpedo him. If he sends a javelin your way, duck and when he sends an hammer, teleport to him followed by an uppercut. Also, if he gets you near a corner, jump and torpedo away.

Shao Khan is kind of fun once you start viewing him as a puzzle and stop caring about fighting him "fairly".

Also, probably been said already, but they could've downsized some of the female characters tits a bit...they all look like they have the same double-E's.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Teleport

is

Necessary.
Yeah this, just beat him a few minutes ago. No way that gets done without teleport cheese.

BTW, am I a bad person for howling like a loon whenever I trigger
Quan Chi's
primary Fatality? Over the top? Yes. Funny as hell? Absolutely. Wow guys, that is seriously messed up.

TreIII

bishoptl said:
Yeah this, just beat him a few minutes ago. No way that gets done without teleport cheese.

Quan Chi's
primary Fatality? Over the top? Yes. Funny as hell? Absolutely. Wow guys, that is seriously messed up.

But it's still so awesome. His best Fatal from MK4, and they brought it back in STYLE!

notworksafe

bishoptl said:
Quan Chi's
Hell no you aren't! He got the best fatality and the best X-Ray!

fernoca

Forgot to mention, and probably someone else did already; that the custom soundtrack feature of the PS3 demo; is not available in the final retail version. So, nope..you can't listen to Lady Gaga's Born this Way while playing; sorry guys.

ohhthegore said:
Is it on sale?
Yes and no.
The game's on sale for a few days for $49.99 and there's a $10 discount coupon (on their magazine) that can also be applied to it. All copies include a card/code for Classic Kitana.

bishoptl said:
Quan Chi's
Wow...This reminds me that I haven't seen his Fatalities, BRB! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom