• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpbaa

Lost Fragment said:
You fuck off with the stupid "guy doesn't like how completely skanky the women in this game look? Must be gay!" shit, fool.

Was just trying to figure out what was wrong with his brother (not that being gay is wrong or something). Be in all seriousness, to lose interest in a game when you see a pair or tits, that ain't normal. And having stupid double standards for a game like this, is just retarded. It's like asking what's up with the half naked chicks in the new Duke Nukem game.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Pimpbaa said:
Was just trying to figure out what was wrong with his brother (not that being gay is wrong or something). Be in all seriousness, to lose interest in a game when you see a pair or tits, that ain't normal. And having stupid double standards for a game like this, is just retarded. It's like asking what's up with the half naked chicks in the new Duke Nukem game.

Not everyone has the same idea of what's sexy and what's not, and to some people there's a difference between "sexy" and "skanky," and IMHO, almost all of the female outfits in this game are skanky looking. Skanky doesn't do much for me really. It just looks bad. And while the concept and story of the game is ridiculous by nature, having a woman running around in clothing that's only barely functional constantly broke my suspension of disbelief.

It's not a huge deal, but no, I don't like it.

Pimpbaa

Lost Fragment said:
Not everyone has the same idea of what's sexy and what's not, and to some people there's a difference between "sexy" and "skanky," and IMHO, almost all of the female outfits in this game are skanky looking. Skanky doesn't do much for me really. It just looks bad. And while the concept and story of the game is ridiculous by nature, having a woman running around in clothing that's only barely functional constantly broke my suspension of disbelief.

Out of all the things in this game, THAT broke your suspension of disbelief?! Not the impossibly grotesque fatalities or people being able to fuction after an x-ray attack but the amount of clothing on the women?

XiaNaphryz said:
I didn't realize there was anything other than Toasty! dude that would fall under this category, unless there's stage stuff I'm not noticing.

The cemetery has leaves and stuff that blow by in the wind, I think. I know the subway does -- random papers and such.
The street stage has cars that go by in front of you.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
fernoca said:
Some of the DOA girls are actual underage girls too. :p
wtf.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Pimpbaa said:
Out of all the things in this game, THAT broke your suspension of disbelief?! Not the impossibly grotesque fatalities or people being able to fuction after an x-ray attack but the amount of clothing on the women?

In story mode? Uh, yes? And that's only one of several reasons why I don't like most of the female outfits in this game. It's not like I have to like every ridiculous thing in the game because there are lots of things in the game that are ridiculous in different ways.

sleepykyo

Sonya's fatality doesn't make sense. Leg scissoring someone in half makes sense in MK, but her fatality makes it look like her legs grew arms (or hooks or magnets) and pulled the person in half instead.

edit: Voting for Soul Calibur females.

fernoca

MThanded said:
http://plinkplunk.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/wtf.gif
Just saying. :p
Kazumi and Ayane are supposed to be 17 years old; even when they don't look like the average 17 years old japanese girl.

Then again, that hasn't stopped them in other games. Like Xiaoyu (Tekken) and Sakura (Street Fighter) being high school girls, small boobs, but hey! gotta show those panties!! :p

Just saying, that it seems that when it comes to character design in fighting games, specially female characters..it never makes sense; and it's sometimes fall into either "wtf" or "creepy".. :p

Pimpbaa

fernoca said:
Just saying. :p
Kazumi and Ayane are supposed to be 17 years old; even when they don't look like the average 17 years old japanese girl.

Then again, that hasn't stopped them in other games. Like Xiaoyu (Tekken) and Sakura (Street Fighter) being high school girls, small boobs, but hey! gotta show those panties!! :p

Just saying, that it seems that when it comes to character design in fighting games, specially female characters..it never makes sense; and it's sometimes fall into either "wtf" or "creepy".. :p

What's really creepy is that the underaged girls in games like you mentioned get less flak than any scantily clad women in games.

sleepykyo

fernoca said:

Panties? She has biker shorts on. (Default) Tekken female outfits are probably the least ridiculous out of the bunch.

fernoca

sleepykyo said:
Panties? She has biker shorts on. (Default) Tekken female outfits are probably the least ridiculous out of the bunch.
Default yeah, school uniform I remember some..same with her "panda-like outfit".
Though I think that by that time she was out of high-school already. :p

But yeah, enough about panties!

More blood, gore and violence!!

G-Fex

So who has the most ridiculous "Yelling gibberish" move in the mortal kombat games?

It seems to top in the 3 with.

1.Raiden
2. Liu Kang
3. Sonya MK3 (her bicycle kick yell)

fernoca

Kinyou said:
No!!

I think it's bloody time to discuss if Sonya's waistcoat can actually be fully ripped off!
Hahaha...not possible. :p
A friend of mine spend a good time beating the crap out of her, and a few other female characters. XD

Lost Fragment said:
Not everyone has the same idea of what's sexy and what's not, and to some people there's a difference between "sexy" and "skanky," and IMHO, almost all of the female outfits in this game are skanky looking. Skanky doesn't do much for me really. It just looks bad. And while the concept and story of the game is ridiculous by nature, having a woman running around in clothing that's only barely functional constantly breaks suspension of disbelief.

It's funny because skanky has it's place, too. Mileena works with the skanky look. Sheeva's 2nd costume should be her primary. I can even roll with Jade, I suppose. But Sonya? Kintana? Sindel? C'mon, son. It just doesn't fit their characters, IMO. Their primaries should be more respectable and they can still have the slutty stuff tossed in.

G-Fex said:
So who has the most ridiculous "Yelling gibberish" move in the mortal kombat games?

It seems to top in the 3 with.

1.Raiden
2. Liu Kang
3. Sonya MK3 (her bicycle kick yell)
Kung Lao always has some good lines, including "NOWYAGOTTALICKIT!"

Toki1776

Has anyone had an issue with fatalities and endings not showing up after they have been unlocked?
I was just playing a bit over at a friends house. We spent some koins in the krypt, unlocked Jax's second fatality, then did a tag ladder. I was Jax, as first player; won the first match and went to check the command for the fatality... and it wasn't there. We went through the rest of the ladder and watched Jax's ending, then went to the Necropolis. Jax's ending wasn't there. Went through again, with Johnny Cage, and the same thing happened.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Master Thespian said:
Kintana? Sindel?
Noone from Outworld really seem to wear a lot of clothing, so they're at least consistent. Sindel's brainwashed anyway, and Kitana would do whatever Shao Kahn tells her anyway until post-MK2 plot-wise.

I don't like the current announcer he sounds the same as the guy from deadly alliance. I like the announcer from the 2D games he sounded so icy this guy just sounds too "extreme"

Toki1776 said:
Has anyone had an issue with fatalities and endings not showing up after they have been unlocked?
I was just playing a bit over at a friends house. We spent some koins in the krypt, unlocked Jax's second fatality, then did a tag ladder. I was Jax, as first player; won the first match and went to check the command for the fatality... and it wasn't there. We went through the rest of the ladder and watched Jax's ending, then went to the Necropolis. Jax's ending wasn't there. Went through again, with Johnny Cage, and the same thing happened.
Yes, they don't always stay unlocked. And some characters don't have "view ending" available in the Nekropolis after I beat ladder with them.

Anticitizen One said:
I don't like the current announcer he sounds the same as the guy from deadly alliance. I like the announcer from the 2D games he sounded so icy this guy just sounds too "extreme"

Didn't the guy Midway got to do the old announcer/Shao Kahn die or something?

W Hudson

Wow super frustrating night. Started off trying to play private matches with a friend of mine, we got 1 full game in out of a dozen, with the rest being desynchronizations. Messed around in training mode for a bit, then tried out some ranked and player matches. Probably got in 20 games, was only able to play until the end in 2 of them. So somewhere around 90% of my games tonight got desynched. I love the game so far, I can only imagine how much more once these issues (hopefully) have been addressed.

Maining Reptile and Kung Lao right now, started practicing Smoke tonight.

The Lamonster said:
Yes, they don't always stay unlocked. And some characters don't have "view ending" available in the Nekropolis after I beat ladder with them.

All my endings are consistent after beating ladder. Everyone showed up after tag too (the second character). All counted for beat ladder with everyone achievement (basically unlock all character endings).

As far as extra fatalities go, I had none of them "unlock" until I actually performed them in a match. Afterwards, they were permanently unlocked. All of this on PS3.

--

I thought it was neat that, at least in Shao Kahn's throne room, you get the old school commentary with laughs and comments during the match.

Toki1776

The Lamonster said:

Hmmm... Then is there any way to unlock them again? Or do they just kind of appear and disappear?

Edit:
corrosivefrost said:
As far as extra fatalities go, I had none of them "unlock" until I actually performed them in a match. Afterwards, they were permanently unlocked. All of this on PS3.

My issue was that it didn't even show up tn the move list after it was found in the krypt, so I was unable to preform it in a match.

XiaNaphryz said:
Noone from Outworld really seem to wear a lot of clothing, so they're at least consistent. Sindel's brainwashed anyway, and Kitana would do whatever Shao Kahn tells her anyway until post-MK2 plot-wise.
Fair point.

Minamu

Just beat story mode :D SK probably took like 15 tries even though I had seen some techniques here :S Damn @ Sindel :O
I can definitely understand why fatalities aren't allowed in story mode from a technical perspective but it also made the ending so much more impactful I suppose :)
Good stuff.

Time to do the last 250 challenges and arcade ladders then!

boiled goose

good with gravy
the only female outfit i really dislike is sonya's main.
it doesnt make any sense at all. slutty and ridiculous. her second outfit is of course sexy, but it makes some sense. i can at least imagine someone wearing that.

mileena is perfect being super skanky.

sindel is fine as well.

kitana and jade could be slightly less ridiculous, but who knows what outworld ladies like to wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom