• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toki1776 said:
My issue was that it didn't even show up tn the move list after it was found in the krypt, so I was unable to preform it in a match.

Same.
I don't think you can look up the kombat kodes or anything after they're unlocked either, unless they're in the gallery in the nekropolis... but still, they didn't show up after I unlocked em in the krypt... they only added to the move list in the pause menu once I executed them (looked up online).

Alternate costumes didn't unlock until I viewed the character in the nekropolis either.

fernoca

From what I've seen...

To see the fatalities bought in the Move List, after buying them on the Krypt you have to perform them on the Fatality Training. It will show an "unlocked" thing after you perform it (again).

In any case, you can perform any fatality, without unlocking it on the Krypt. As long as you do the commands right (and in the right place). It will appear listed after you perform it, during any match.

PS3 version though, don;t know if the problems are in the 360 version.

EDIT:
Yep, finishing Tag Ladder is a nice way to save time and unlock all endings..and the achievement/trophy.

notworksafe

See my issue is not being able to see fatalities on the move list if you are player 2 in versus mode. :/

This is after unlocking in Krypt and doing them in training. Xbox and PS3 version.

Linconan

Got the game!!!!!!!
Love it!!!!!!
Best MK Ever!
Now,
i know some of you are probably thinking,.. "big deal" :(

But, it is,lol
I'm an Aussie. hahaha

Neuromancer said:
Holy shit I was in the Krypt taking my sweet time and a demon popped out in front of the camera. It was pretty startling.

Yeah, I had that guy pop up a few times.
Thought I could press something to trigger additional secret unlockables when that happened. :p

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
corrosivefrost said:
Same.
I don't think you can look up the kombat kodes or anything after they're unlocked either, unless they're in the gallery in the nekropolis... but still, they didn't show up after I unlocked em in the krypt... they only added to the move list in the pause menu once I executed them (looked up online).

Alternate costumes didn't unlock until I viewed the character in the nekropolis either.

They are in the gallery in Nekropolis.

Chavelo

Sup, GAF.

Guess what?

I just cleared the Krypt.

Also, guess what again?

NOT A SINGLE DEMON POPPED OUT ON ME.

tumblr_lcvm44HNUE1qarrxao1_500.gif

Chavelo said:
Sup, GAF.

Guess what?

I just cleared the Krypt.

Also, guess what again?

NOT A SINGLE DEMON POPPED OUT ON ME.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/demotivational-posters-like-a-boss.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

And did you get the 4 extra hidden krypts?

G_Berry

Banned
Linconan said:
Got the game!!!!!!!
Love it!!!!!!
Best MK Ever!
Now,
i know some of you are probably thinking,.. "big deal" :(

But, it is,lol
I'm an Aussie. hahaha

Mine will be here Friday!

Got a friend travelling in the US to pick up a couple of copies and stash them in his carry on!

He's back, and so are my copies wewt!!!!! Just gotta wait for the delivery :(

Linconan

G_Berry said:
Mine will be here Friday!

Got a friend travelling in the US to pick up a couple of copies and stash them in his carry on!

He's back, and so are my copies wewt!!!!! Just gotta wait for the delivery :(
Nice ;)

I'll never need another Fighting game now,..
unless of course it's another MK :)
Boon has done the fans proud, in my books.
Well done.

ps. I used to hate Jonny Cage with a passion but Story mode is changing that.
I'm digging him,lol
LOVE the Aussie joke with Johhn Cage and Kano.lol

Tesseract

Banned
shagg_187 said:
A new Krypt opens up in Nekropolis in the gallery's portal.

since you're clueless about it...

tumblr_lcvm44HNUE1qarrxao1_500.gif

not so fast! his clearing the majority of it sans demon photobomb is commendable. i've been hit a ridiculous number of times, and they've all scared the poop out of me.

currently at 10% krypt unlocked. i think i'm starting to acquire a taste for closet scares.

Fantasmo

Is it really that hard to create human-like opponents? I've repeated one particular challenge tower battle over 30 times, and the CPU reacts with huge combos everytime I pull a move. Whether its a simple whiffed punch or somewhat timed counterattack, I get nailed with a millisecond reacted huge combo.

I know it's called the challenge tower, but it's more like a luck tower. Anytime the CPU is bumped up in difficulty, I basically have to cross my fingers that it won't react the way it usually does.

Not only that, but a lot of the tougher challenges end up with me getting destroyed if I use human tactics, but I just might pull out a victory if I do a jumping punch followed by an uppercut, twenty times.

I'm not just frustrated with Netherrealms with this post -- every fighting game since SF2 has had some sort of AI issue to some degree and I'm shocked that literally none of the greats have addressed it.

Maybe I'm just saying this because PSN has been down since the day after release, but I'm seriously frustrated. This might just be my last fighting game.

Chavelo

fernoca said:

:3

Ontopic: Damn it, can't wait to test out the game's online connection... I know people say it's bad... But I haven't tried it once. :-( (first two days of the game being out were consumed by Portal 2)

FINALBOSS

Banned
junkster said:
Is it really that hard to create human-like opponents? I've repeated one particular challenge tower battle over 30 times, and the CPU reacts with huge combos everytime I pull a move. Whether its a simple whiffed punch or somewhat timed counterattack, I get nailed with a millisecond reacted huge combo.

I know it's called the challenge tower, but it's more like a luck tower. Anytime the CPU is bumped up in difficulty, I basically have to cross my fingers that it won't react the way it usually does.

Not only that, but a lot of the tougher challenges end up with me getting destroyed if I use human tactics, but I just might pull out a victory if I do a jumping punch followed by an uppercut, twenty times.

I'm not just mad at Netherrealms with this post -- every fighting game since the SF2 has had these issues to some degree and I'm shocked that none of the greats have addressed it.

Maybe I'm just saying this because PSN has been down since the day after release, but I'm seriously frustrated. This might just be my last fighting game.

Can some up the answer in one word:

VERY

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
junkster said:

To be fair, that's pretty core to the old-school Mortal Kombat feeling they're trying to evoke.

junkster said:

I'm not just mad at Netherrealms with this post -- every fighting game since SF2 has had some sort of AI issue to some degree and I'm shocked that literally none of the greats have addressed it.

Seems like you're against exploiting your opponent. If you want to like fighting games you have to get used to that mindset.

Fantasmo

FINALBOSS said:
Can some up the answer in one word:

VERY

Can respond with three words: TONE IT DOWN

infinityBCRT said:
Seems like you're against exploiting your opponent. If you want to like fighting games you have to get used to that mindset.

Two things. One, that's not even true. My best solution for winning against the AI at this stage is to jump punch and uppercut until I win. That's ridiculous! However since I have to, I will. But when that doesn't work, and strategy doesn't reward me, but luck does, it's extremely frustrating.

Example: I'm using Raiden to fight Noob who has 3 damage boosts, unlimited bar, health increase, and armor. Everytime I attack I get nailed with a shadow attack followed by a combo. I can't even count how many times I've teleported or done a very deep "safe" move, crossup, or whatever, and been countered when a normal human couldn't have even dreamed of doing it. Once, twice, okay! But every time? Now it's work and not even fun or normal!

fernoca

Upcoming Legacy's episode will center around Johnny Cage and some of the guys from Netherrealm apparently had cameo roles. XD

Toki1776

corrosivefrost said:
Same.

Good to know. Thanks!

fernoca

Yeah, you can see Kombat Kodes and Fatalities in Nekropolis, at the gallery.

By the way, regarding Legacy.
Try to watch the episode the moment it's posted. Last week's episode was flagged by a good amount of users and forced to be taken out and re-uploaded without "the violence". (like Kano's eye being punched out of his face and the posterior surgery).

Ilive1up

Yeah, it mentions that you have to enter the nekropolis to use the alt costumes. Weird how they did it like that, but it's not big deal.

Fantasmo

corrosivefrost said:
holy shit, i can't even get 1 flawless on shang tsung on easy with rounds at 30 seconds, let alone 2. :3

Just exploit them! It's soooooo easy (not really, it's gonna take a week and has nothing to do with skill). .00000000000001 reaction time, get used to it bud! Exploit!

:/ :p

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
junkster said:

I'm not just frustrated with Netherrealms with this post -- every fighting game since SF2 has had some sort of AI issue to some degree and I'm shocked that literally none of the greats have addressed it.

You can break combos and I've personally found that if you look for weaknesses you'll eventually find one. Repeatedly banging your head against the wall will break it eventually, but yeah, it will leave you frustrated. There are ways to beat each challenge. If there aren't "how-to's" on the web for each challenge in the tower yet I am sure there will be one in the near future!

I disagree with you very much so that it's just about luck because that hasn't been my experience.

junkster said:
Just exploit them! It's soooooo easy (not really, it's gonna take a week and has nothing to do with skill). .00000000000001 reaction time, get used to it bud! Exploit!

:/ :p

Oh, I was. Tried Sheeva with the u.d ground stomp for most of it. Hell, I got all the way to Kintaro on expert... which was a huge ripoff. He should've lost, cheating bastard.

But Shang Tsung on beginner? That bitch uppercuts me out of the air or some other bullshit. Change to Stryker to spam gun? He changes to someone with projectiles and trades. Ugh. Might have to try the Scorpion method, I guess. :|

fernoca

Yeah. Uncensored episode will be posted April 29. (Thank the people people that flagged the previous episode for that :p )

Great episode! and awesome cliffhanger with
Shang Tsung!

fernoca said:
Yeah, you can see Kombat Kodes and Fatalities in Nekropolis, at the gallery.

By the way, regarding Legacy.
Try to watch the episode the moment it's posted. Last week's episode was flagged by a good amount of users and forced to be taken out and re-uploaded without "the violence". (like Kano's eye being punched out of his face and the posterior surgery).
Teh fuck? Its Mortal Kombat. ugh

Also I quoted and asked you something 2 or 3 pages back

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Weird seeing all the posts of people who can't see the second fatality in the pause menu after unlocking them in the Krypt, I unlocked all of them and see them fine without having to do them first. I'm on PS3 if it matters.

fernoca

SixStringPsycho said:
Teh fuck? Its Mortal Kombat. ugh

Also I quoted and asked you something 2 or 3 pages back
Hmm..checks..

:O!
SixStringPsycho said:
Perateeee alguien de PR hizo un mega thread de mk? T amoooo!

Bayamon en la casa. A q t dedicas fernoca? Im an animator and modeller
Jajaja
No me lo digas, que me lo creo. :p

I'm an unemployed graphic designer; though it's my degree I usually do it as a hobby. Work usually on anything; retail, customers, cleaning...but no luck finding a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom