• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to juggle with cage online is like trying to wipe your ass with no hands.

hm I noticed this the other day but talk about broken hotfixes offline made me realise it again today.

Ermacs f4 double kick reports 3% and 5% but totals to 7% in the combo value, the combo one is the correct one right?

This rumor been posted?
Bitbag
So the MK news and rumors keep flooding into my inbox. This one comes from a UK connection close to the project. Apparently, Warner Bros. is going all out with the DLC in the form of some very high profile IP’s. The rumor is that they will be bringing Freddy and Jason to the MK franchise this Halloween. There’s obviously no official details and this is JUST a rumor, but if it comes true, MK is living up to the title of best fighting game of the year. We will keep digging to find out whether this info is real or not.

Aske

ARXIN said:
This rumor been posted?
Bitbag

I love Freddy and Jason, but keep that shit out of my MK. It cheapens the rest if the game. I can deal with Kratos, but I wouldn't want more guests from other franchises.

Is Legacy posted anywhere but YT? I've watched the first episode, but I DLed the second because I want to save the rest up and watch the series in one go. This new censorship thing is maddening. Will I have to look up episode 3 somewhere other than YT when the uncensored version comes out?

Decided to main Styker which makes me happy since usually my fave characters don't end up being my mains in fighters due to comfort levels >_<

Now I need to choose a secondary for Tag matches... Nightwolf is looking most likely right now.

mujun

I love this game but, man, fuck the arcade ladder mode. I really want to play through the ladder with each character once but the frustration of fighting Kintaro and to a lesser extent Shang Tsung are really killing it for me. Even on beginner level they are a pain in the ass. FFS if someone chooses beginner make it easy.

zoner said:
What do you mean by f44?

I've been doing sytsem overload into a back kick into a telepot uppercut which nets me a good 27%/37% if I can land an uppercut at the end

It's one of his dial-a-combos. ->+BK, BK...
Try this for visual help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmriQMWM2Nw&feature=player_embedded#t=562s

That's about where he's talking about "kick combos" which include f4, 4, I believe.
He also goes on to demo the Sektor combo in full that's being mentioned and more.

mujun said:
I love this game but, man, fuck the arcade ladder mode. I really want to play through the ladder with each character once but the frustration of fighting Kintaro and to a lesser extent Shang Tsung are really killing it for me. Even on beginner level they are a pain in the ass. FFS if someone chooses beginner make it easy.

Abuse foward jump+bp, uppercut. 2 hit combo that does about 11% damage. If using a teleport character, you can abuse that as well. Some characters have easy dial-a-combos that you can abuse more than an uppercut after j.bp (or j.2 depending on chosen notation and button layout). Sub-Zero is an excellent example here... j.2, 2, 2, 2 does 4 hits and something like 17% damage on normal opponents, plus the final hit pushes the opponent away so you can jump in again on wake up.

orion434

Playing through The Tower, one of the most annoying ones to complete is Baraka + Milena back-to-back. You have a split-second to remember which button to use for jumping vs non-jumping. So I cheated... I would pause the game as soon as an enemy appeared and then unpaused and made the correct choice. I'm actually enjoying climbing The Tower ;)

Interfectum

mujun said:

really? with kintaro just jump punch combo his ass over and over and use a character that has a teleport move over and over. he's easy as hell dude.

Aske said:
I love Freddy and Jason, but keep that shit out of my MK. It cheapens the rest if the game. I can deal with Kratos, but I wouldn't want more guests from other franchises.

Is Legacy posted anywhere but YT? I've watched the first episode, but I DLed the second because I want to save the rest up and watch the series in one go. This new censorship thing is maddening. Will I have to look up episode 3 somewhere other than YT when the uncensored version comes out?
I think the uncensored version will show up this Friday on Machinima's Youtube channel.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Any word on if the classic costumes will be available as DLC? I'm assuming so, since there's no way of getting Retro Jade for the 360 right now. :( I thought I remember Boon tweeting that the Retro Jade would be available for the 360 at some point.

Mr_eX

I'm really liking Sektor, he's a juggle machine. I'm not sure who to make my secondary character though, I've been playing around with Raiden, Smoke and Kung Lao. I'm leaning towards Raiden right now.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
rayner said:
Playing through The Tower, one of the most annoying ones to complete is Baraka + Milena back-to-back. You have a split-second to remember which button to use for jumping vs non-jumping. So I cheated... I would pause the game as soon as an enemy appeared and then unpaused and made the correct choice. I'm actually enjoying climbing The Tower ;)
If you turn the controller a certain way you can match the button orientation to the actual actions and sides. This helped me. I got through it after 3 tries.

Glass Joe

MThanded said:
If you turn the controller a certain way you can match the button orientation to the actual actions and sides. This helped me. I got through it after 3 tries.

Challenge 101... I failed that a few times and turned the game off. Haven't gotten back to it. Not only is it learning the buttons, but it's learning which enemies are gonna jump and which one's aren't. Wasn't liking that challenge.

Chairhome

Interfectum said:
really? with kintaro just jump punch combo his ass over and over and use a character that has a teleport move over and over. he's easy as hell dude.
Yeah, the Shokan are really easy with this tactic. I haven't had any problems beating them at all after figuring this out.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Glass Joe said:
Challenge 101... I failed that a few times and turned the game off. Haven't gotten back to it. Not only is it learning the buttons, but it's learning which enemies are gonna jump and which one's aren't. Wasn't liking that challenge.
They wear different color shirts. black shirts jump and yellow shirts dont. You turn the controller 45 degrees to the right so the buttons line up like this. Mentally it makes it a lot easier.

o tri == highleft|highright
x sq == lowleft|lowright

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Glass Joe said:

I have skipped all the challenges like these so far, they just seem more annoying than fun!

Chairhome

Regarding the Freddy/Jason characters: aren't those New Line Cinema properties? And this game is WB games? Oops, was just about to say that I didn't see this happening unless there was some sort of licensing, but I forgot that NLC was absorbed by WB, so that gives the rumor a little more believability.

derFeef

I want to get better with juggles, dammit, I screw it up everytime. I just blame the shitty 360 d-pad :p Best combos come out with Stryker, Sub Zero and Smoke for me. Any jugglecombo happy character I may learn more easily with?

I can't even play Sub-Zero anymore. Everything he does is like molasses.

However, I'm becoming a bigger fan of Reptile every time I play him. I have been struggling with who I should use for my main but it just might be the man in green (literally...klassic or bust).

The Lamonster said:

However, I'm becoming a bigger fan of Reptile every time I play him. I have been struggling with who I should use for my main but it just might be the man in green (literally...klassic or bust).
I use to think mk9 reptile was slow like sub-zero but damn he can move! his dash and slide all help, his acid balls help zone, I just hate how he looks lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Heh: GiantBomb Mortal Kombat Scrub League Tournament 2011

Chairhome said:
Regarding the Freddy/Jason characters: aren't those New Line Cinema properties? And this game is WB games? Oops, was just about to say that I didn't see this happening unless there was some sort of licensing, but I forgot that NLC was absorbed by WB, so that gives the rumor a little more believability.
NLC is part of the Warner Bros studio now, and was owned by Time Warner long before.

bumpkin

The Lamonster said:
I can't even play Sub-Zero anymore. Everything he does is like molasses..
It really messed me up that they switched his freeze move to a kick button and that you basically can't juggle with his slide trip anymore; at least not the way you used to be able to.

Chairhome

bumpkin said:
It really messed me up that they switched his freeze move to a kick button and that you basically can't juggle with his slide trip anymore; at least not the way you used to be able to.
but on the regular layout, the button is where its supposed to be for freeze (where Low Punch used to be). I love that. But yeah, can't catch them with a slide after an uppercut anymore :-(

grendelrt

The Lamonster said:

I was playing him last night and thought he was slow as crap. His ice also seems to disspaint to quick now. I hit a cpu char with ice and jumped to kick him and he thawed before I could even do that. I have always been more Scorpion than Sub Zero, but man I feel like they screwed him up.

Diablohead said:
I use to think mk9 reptile was slow like sub-zero but damn he can move! his dash and slide all help, his acid balls help zone, I just hate how he looks lol.
I would easily decide to main him if he had a teleport move. I fucking love teleports. hahaha

W Hudson

derFeef said:
I want to get better with juggles, dammit, I screw it up everytime. I just blame the shitty 360 d-pad :p Best combos come out with Stryker, Sub Zero and Smoke for me. Any jugglecombo happy character I may learn more easily with?

I think Reptile has a fairly easy juggle combo that can go for around 11 hits. The string is FP, BP, BP, Slow Force Ball, FK, BP, Fast Force Ball, FK, BP, FP, Slide. That's the main one I use. You can mix and match with him, his force balls are great to juggle with.

Chorazin

Getting my copy in the mail today, pretty excited! I haven't played an MK game since UMK3 so this is gonna be a real treat. It'll flash me back to when I played MK1 in the arcades and saw my first Fatality....

.la1n

I'll take freddy and jason. Freddy Vs. Jason was a guilty pleasure movie of mine...now I can recreate it. Mortal Kombat is crazy anyway. Nobody is forcing you to play as them.

Aske

_dementia said:
I think the uncensored version will show up this Friday on Machinima's Youtube channel.

Glad to hear it, but in that case why release a censored version first if YT doesn't mind hosting it uncensored?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Aske said:
Glad to hear it, but in that case why release a censored version first if YT doesn't mind hosting it uncensored?

They released an uncensored version to YT first, but a bunch of people flagged it for "graphic violence" or whatever and got it pulled down. Pretty shitty, really.

Aske

Seraphis Cain said:
They released an uncensored version to YT first, but a bunch of people flagged it for "graphic violence" or whatever and got it pulled down. Pretty shitty, really.

Sure, but what does this new approach change? The complainers don't stop the uncensored version from being released, and the fans have to wait or watch a gimped version of the episode. Who is the censored episode for, and why not release the uncensored version at the same time?

Nemesis_

This is a huge fucking RUMOUR but apparently the DLC schedule was leaked to a "source".

I know, it sounds suss, but apparently these will be the DLC.

MAY - DLC Pack 01 (Skarlet + Kenshi) [Previously confirmed, but not for a May release]
JUNE - DLC Pack 02 (Frost + Tanya) [Unlocked by completing Challenge 300]
JULY - Costume Pack 01 (Klassic Ninja Costume Packs) [Previously retailer exclusive]
AUGUST - DLC Pack 03 (Mavado + Rain) [Previously hinted at by Boon]

These seem somewhat credible because Boon and his team have talked about them specifically in some interviews. Tanya in particular seems likely since Boon's family ties to the character seem to make her a personal favourite of his.

But yeah, I don't know how true this is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Down for all those characters save for Mavado. Ugh, what a terrible character.

I'm a bit unsure about Frost, too. We already have two Sub-Zeros. How many more ice related moves can they really come up with?

Nemesis556 said:
MAY - DLC Pack 01 (Skarlet + Kenshi) [Previously confirmed, but not for a May release]
JUNE - DLC Pack 02 (Frost + Tanya) [Unlocked by completing Challenge 300]
JULY - Costume Pack 01 (Klassic Ninja Costume Packs) [Previously retailer exclusive]
AUGUST - DLC Pack 03 (Mavado + Rain) [Previously hinted at by Boon]

Seems plausible.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Why are the post MK3 characters coming to shit up the game? Quan Chi I can understand because of his backstory, and Kenshi for the same reasons, but come on, save those for the sequel!

derFeef

W Hudson said:
I think Reptile has a fairly easy juggle combo that can go for around 11 hits. The string is FP, BP, BP, Slow Force Ball, FK, BP, Fast Force Ball, FK, BP, FP, Slide. That's the main one I use. You can mix and match with him, his force balls are great to juggle with.
Thanks, I will try Reptile out a bit more. I am actually liking the lizard design, but the Klassic Kostumes are all sweet as well.

Nemesis_

GuardianE said:
Source? Like, your source, not "the source"? :p
I was scared to post because there were scans, but then I realised there was an ORIGINAL source even further down the track. =P

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/mortal-kombat/104189-upcoming-dlc-releases.html

Member joined in April 2011. It seems somewhat plausible.

It's possible, you know. Boon did say that Challenge 300's reward would be something really cool or something. Frost/Tanya would be so cool. I don't think the final reward is anywhere near as amazing as he said it would be =/

Never cared about Tanya or Mavado, but the rest sound great.

Nemesis556 said:
It's possible, you know. Boon did say that Challenge 300's reward would be something really cool or something. Frost/Tanya would be so cool. I don't think the final reward is anywhere near as amazing as he said it would be =/
It would have been amazing if there were no bandages...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom