• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LM4sure

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Wow, so i read that if you have CFW you can actually download a single txt file and that will unlock all classic kostumes..

illegal or not, pretty crazy. Didn't even require a hack like with MvC3..

let me know when you try it so I can do it if it works

I have two questions guys:

1. Is Liu Kang's forward and backward throw exactly the same? I'm trying to get the grapple achievement and after completing ladder with everyone and doing the throws, somehow I didn't get it so I'm going back through with each character and I noticed Liu Kang's looks the same so maybe I'm messing something up on his? Tried it over and over.

2. Does it include all the hidden chests in krypt on the map totals? It shows I have 51/50 or something like that for one of the areas but I completed another section and it's just 121/121. I've grabbed all four hidden chests so it's not a matter of me not having obatained it already...

Xater

infinityBCRT said:
They originally planned to do something with it but ended up not doing anything.

I think it's for the better. I would hate to have a stance thing in there to modify moves in some way. It complicates things in a way that's not really necessary.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Diablohead said:
why? it's not hurting the game at all, it's just an extra.
I'd prefer it not be there and give us an extra button to remap. That way I can have two middle buttons set to block on my SF4 TE stick. ;P

Kimosabae

Banned
Xater said:
I think it's for the better. I would hate to have a stance thing in there to modify moves in some way. It complicates things in a way that's not really necessary.

Pretty much one of the most myopic opinions regarding anything I've seen.

Deadstar

Right now I'm fighting
Shao Kahn
with
Raiden

Any strategies to beat him? I'm getting worked and I'm playing on normal difficulty.

Deadstar said:
Right now I'm fighting
Shao Kahn
with
Raiden

Any strategies to beat him? I'm getting worked and I'm playing on normal difficulty.

If you want a real easy battle, lose three matches in a row real quick, this will make him start taunting far more often. At this point, pretty much everytime you get far away from him, he'll taunt and sometimes even when close. Anyway, the strat is to just teleport and uppercut over and over. You can safely do this when he's taunting, or you can wait until he starts an attack and teleport while he's mid swing/throw for an easy uppercut. ALWAYS teleport away after one attempt, otherwise you risk getting whacked if he pulls that flashing yellow impervious BS. He's really easy with this strategy. You don't even have to lose 3 times if you have fast reflexes and learn when to teleport but if you struggle, the extra taunting will make it cake.

Anyone have answers for the questions I asked at the top of the page?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ilive1up said:
Challenge 101 is annoying.
They wear different color shirts. black shirts jump and yellow shirts dont. You turn the controller 45 degrees to the right so the buttons line up like this. Mentally it makes it a lot easier.

o tri == highleft|highright
x sq == lowleft|lowright

GrayFoxPL

The Lamonster said:
Never cared about Tanya or Mavado, but the rest sound great.

Mavado looks interesting. I always thought he looked like one of the guys spiked on mk1 stage. His moves are trash though.

Tanya fucking sucks. Boon could've made something better in honor of her sister, unless he really hates her. What would be better then make a drag queen and name him after his sister?

Blackvette94 said:
What is the purpose of the reverse stance??

I don't get it :/

Some moves put fighters in a reverse stance, which development wanted a way to quickly revert to normal stance. They added a stance button and since it wasn't hurting anything, left it in when they did the final build of the game.

Stance button handles any concerns from people who can't handle seeing the back of their character instead of the front of their character. At least NRS handled it right. MvC3 has Spencer's magically changing bionic aaarrrrrmmmm! :lol

Chairhome

Someone asked Boon on twitter if Stryker's x-ray is an auto-fail on kenshi. "Good point!"

I wonder if they'll change anything for Kenshi.

Chairhome said:
Someone asked Boon on twitter if Stryker's x-ray is an auto-fail on kenshi. "Good point!"

Are there any other unique animations? I know Mileena doesn't eat Kratos' face after performing her Fatality. Any others?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
_dementia said:
Are there any other unique animations? I know Mileena doesn't eat Kratos' face after performing her Fatality. Any others?

Mileena stabs with her sai if it's already embedded in her opponent during her lunge.

R2D4

Banned
Deadstar said:
Right now I'm fighting
Shao Kahn
with
Raiden

Teleport - uppercut - teleport - uppercut - teleport - uppercut - etc.

djkimothy

Deadstar said:
Right now I'm fighting
Shao Kahn
with
Raiden

Tone down the difficulty to beginner. Worked for me. Doe nothing but taunt.

kl

DryEyeRelief said:
Havik > Mavado

Plus, Havik
is actually in one of the character's endings
so they could play off that for his story.

Kinda funny because this chick I know has been bitching that Movado isn't in this game. I asked if this is because she plays DJ to his polygons considering his moves sucked.

Sblargh

Banned
Also, you can cheat on challenge 101.
Wait an enemy appear and pause. Think about what button to press, unpause and press it.
Yeah, I know. :(

GrayFoxPL

Chairhome said:

Sonya's and Kira's powder kiss didn't work for Kenshi. Doesn't kratos have Himera head move that blinds opponent?

GhostBlade

Neo Member
I have an extra Jade costume if anyone wants to trade. I have both versions so console is not a problem. I already have Scorpion and Ermac so neither of those are needed. PM if interested.

djkimothy said:
Tone down the difficulty to beginner. Worked for me. Doe nothing but taunt.

kl

Wow, I did not know that you could do that, thought it was stuck at medium.
To beat Khan really isn't that hard. It's all about teleporting behind him when he is doing his weapon throws, and keeping the distance when he gets a bit too close. After going behind him, I just did the torpedo move to hurt him along with keeping the distance... rinse and repeat. Beware if he chucks his hammer instead of the spear though, with that you may want to delay your torpedo a tad bit after teleporting behind him because sometimes the bounce of the hammer off of the opposite wall hurts you after your torpedo move finishes. This strategy may take a few tries to get the timing right, but overall he wasn't that frustrating after you got used to avoiding his weapons even on medium.

Squall ASF said:
I have two questions guys:

1. Is Liu Kang's forward and backward throw exactly the same? I'm trying to get the grapple achievement and after completing ladder with everyone and doing the throws, somehow I didn't get it so I'm going back through with each character and I noticed Liu Kang's looks the same so maybe I'm messing something up on his? Tried it over and over.

2. Does it include all the hidden chests in krypt on the map totals? It shows I have 51/50 or something like that for one of the areas but I completed another section and it's just 121/121. I've grabbed all four hidden chests so it's not a matter of me not having obatained it already...

Anyone? I'd at least appreciate an answer to the Liu Kang throw question. Much obliged!

God, I'm dying to play this game, but I told myself I'd wait until someone bought my copy of Portal 2. I don't think I can wait any longer.

Big One

Banned
I think those DLC characters are just meant to be guesses by the author of that post. Mavado would be pretty off since his model isn't even in the game in the first place. My guess is that we're gonna get: Bo Rai Cho, Frost, Tanya, Shujinko, Rain, Shinnok, Fujin, Havik, Cyber Smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom