• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squall ASF said:
Anyone? I'd at least appreciate an answer to the Liu Kang throw question. Much obliged!

You can tell which version of a throw you did by which side of you the opponent ends up on.
Some animations are exactly the same, but you still end up switching sides if you hold back and throw.

zoner said:
Hahaa Hotaru and GRRL Raiden aren't shitty but Rain is? You're funny.
I think theres a chance Hotaru will be DLC simply because hes in the intro.

But honestly I like the way the game is. I'd rather have them work on balancing, fixing online features and maybe other things (adding button config to pause menu, adding chapter select/theatre mode to story mode, tag-mode story DLC). Save new characters for the next game.

notworksafe

zoner said:
Hahaa Hotaru and GRRL Raiden aren't shitty but Rain is? You're funny.
Yeah, a Prince joke that didn't end up being a character with any interesting moves or a cool fighting style wasn't too impressive to me.

infinityBCRT said:
I think theres a chance Hotaru will be DLC simply because hes in the intro.

But honestly I like the way the game is. I'd rather have them work on balancing, fixing online features and maybe other things (adding button config to pause menu, adding chapter select/theatre mode to story mode, tag-mode story DLC). Save new characters for the next game.
Agreed. Especially since they did MK1-3 in this one they need to save MK4-7 characters for the next one since the lineup obviously isn't as strong (without a bunch new characters and/or major tweaks to the old ones).

Minamu

Hmm, how do I unlock my alternate fatalities/stage fatalities and
babalities
? Is the Krypt the only way unless I accidentally stumble upon them? Feels like a stupid question :S

Also, I'm stuck on the tower. 70~ something. Gotta out damage Jade as Kitana. How the hell? :( I beat the game by spamming specials. I'm no good at linking combos :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
notworksafe said:
Yeah, a Prince joke that didn't end up being a character with any interesting moves or a cool fighting style wasn't too impressive to me.
A control sphere isn't interesting?

GuessWho

Barrage said:
Episode 3 of Legacy was really, REALLY good.

But for shit's sake, you can say FUCK on Youtube. In fact, that's all I hear on Youtube!
holy shit you weren't kidding, episode 3 is REALLY good.

kaskade

Does that twisty dpad xbox controller work well with this game? I don't have the controller but If it's a lot better than the regular dpad I'll pick one up whenever I get the game.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I sent an email to prima games about my disappointment in the errors for the collectors edition cards. I just got a response from them.

prima games said:
Dear Mike, we are listening and we want to make this right. In an effort to make amends, we will be reprinting and shipping (free of charge) a full set of corrected character quick reference cards to any dissatisfied customers. The cards will be complete with all moves, Fatalities and Babalities, and free to anyone who bought the Official Guide or the Kollector’s Edition Guide. To receive your copy of the cards, please send your name, address, and e-mail to feedback@primagames.com. Please be patient with us as we print and ship the new cards.

So if u bought the guide, hit em up!

Trin3785 said:
I sent an email to prima games about my disappointment in the errors for the collectors edition cards. I just got a response from them.

Yeah they posted this yesterday on their blog. Good for them.

corrosivefrost said:
You can tell which version of a throw you did by which side of you the opponent ends up on.
Some animations are exactly the same, but you still end up switching sides if you hold back and throw.

I'm not sure if I'm more happy or mad about this. Happy that Liu has to be the character I'm missing but mad because I tried over and over since he kept throwing to the same side. He alway seems to do it backwards but I've hit throw without touching back on the dpad so I don't get why he never throws forward. The animation I'm seeing is him running up them bicycle kick style to kick back, does he do a different animation for forward throw? He always seems to turn.

kaskade said:
Does that twisty dpad xbox controller work well with this game? I don't have the controller but If it's a lot better than the regular dpad I'll pick one up whenever I get the game.

YES. At first I thought I was just trying to convince myself to justify my purchase but then I played with my roommates regular controller and it sucks balls compared to the transformable d-pad controller. So much easier to execute moves and fatalities. It was especially evident when spamming attacks against Shao Kahn in story mode.

Trin3785 said:

Do you have to send a proof of purchase or anything?

kaskade said:
I have it, I think it's pretty good. Haven't gone back to try it on a regular one for comparison's sake though.

twinturbo2 said:
Why are the post MK3 characters coming to shit up the game? Quan Chi I can understand because of his backstory, and Kenshi for the same reasons, but come on, save those for the sequel!

1) they have to stay competitive with what other fighting games are doing and those games are offering extra characters as dlc.

2). It's just for fun. It won't impact the story mode or canon at all.

SuperBonk

Just beat all 300 tower challenges. End Game is so easy to cheese with Scorpion's teleport. Only had trouble with a few challenges, including the one where you have to hit Kitana 30 times or so. Sounds easy enough but I swear she's set to God difficulty or something.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
looks like we psn gonna be down for quite a while. Netcode should be fixed by the time i can finally play online again.

I usually buy all my multiplats on 360. I dun goofed on this one. I'd like to play online.

Any DLC request list not including Rain is full of fail. You can have whatever characters you want as long as he's in. I'm not sure why anyone wants Robo Smoke though...that's rather redundant and the only reason
Cyber Sub-Zero
gets away with it, is because we've never seen him like this before.

Big One

Banned
Squall ASF said:
Any DLC request list not including Rain is full of fail. You can have whatever characters you want as long as he's in. I'm not sure why anyone wants Robo Smoke though...that's rather redundant and the only reason
Cyber Sub-Zero
gets away with it, is because we've never seen him like this before.
Well Cyber Smoke does different stuff from the normal Smoke, but he doesn't really have an original moveset in the original games to be fair. Having him launch a claw from his chest to bring you over to him would be pretty neat to see and see how NRS could get creative with it.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
A glimpse at some of the hate mail I've received online... I love you too Xbox Live.

e7HtX.jpg

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
G-Fex said:
wait what'd you do and who'd you play as?

Scorpion, Ermac and Liu Kang.

I do different things with each character. Zone with Ermac, rushdown with Scorpion and Liu Kang.

Big One said:
Well Cyber Smoke does different stuff from the normal Smoke, but he doesn't really have an original moveset in the original games to be fair. Having him launch a claw from his chest to bring you over to him would be pretty neat to see and see how NRS could get creative with it.

I was actually going to say that's another reason he'd be pointless, just a scorpion clone. I didn't mention it because I think in the last two games (not counting vs DC) he had more original moves. I sympathize with NRS though because it's kind of tough to come up with a bunch of moves for 'smoke'. Easier with elementals. The hook would be just like Scorpion's spear, is that a big draw?

SuperBonk

Squall ASF said:
I was actually going to say that's another reason he'd be pointless, just a scorpion clone. I didn't mention it because I think in the last two games (not counting vs DC) he had more original moves. I sympathize with NRS though because it's kind of tough to come up with a bunch of moves for 'smoke'. Easier with elementals. The hook would be just like Scorpion's spear, is that a big draw?
To be fair, human Smoke before this game was literally a Scorpion clone, except faster and better combos. I think Netherrealm can give robo Smoke a fairly unique moveset based on what they did with human Smoke in MK9.

Not to mention that Smoke already had a pretty unique moveset in Deception/Armageddon for the few that remember those games.

G-Fex

Cerrius said:
Scorpion, Ermac and Liu Kang.

I do different things with each character. Zone with Ermac, rushdown with Scorpion and Liu Kang.

I salute you sir. I wish I at least got hate mail.

I get beaten after 1 or 2 matches then they quit after they get bored. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom