• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
This is one of my favorite games to watch others fight. When is the next big name tournament that will have this? I want to see pros get scrappy in this game soon. :)

So, can you use anyone you want for Mission Tower? or does it make you use specific characters for specific missions? I'm assuming mostly the latter with occassion missions where you can choose.

notworksafe

Squall ASF said:
So, can you use anyone you want for Mission Tower? or does it make you use specific characters for specific missions? I'm assuming mostly the latter with occassion missions where you can choose.
This. Many missions have set characters, the harder ones let you choose someone.

Glass Joe

Squall ASF said:

Up through the first 100 missions at least, they make you be a certain character. I'm assuming that will continue along all 300.

notworksafe said:
This. Many missions have set characters, the harder ones let you choose someone.
Cool, thanks. That will at least allow me to try Smoke on difficult A.I. situations. Might as well learn how to cheese with him since getting the achievement for beating Expert without continuing will probably be a bitch. Haven't tried expert so not sure how hard it really is, can get through normal without losing really easily. Up till Shao Kahn at least...

G-Fex

I think it'd be awesome to fight Reptile in his classic costume but with the very first moveset of sub-zero's iceballs and scorpions spear.

G-Fex

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Anyone else unable to pull off
cyber sub's
x-ray? It doesn't work...

Oh.. in the air, got it

For a while I thought my controls didn't work, lol how stupid of me.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Shingin-Leveluplive said:
We don't stream it then i'll most likely try to record games that don't get that much coverage at wnf. So there hopefully be a steady stream of content thats not mvc3.

Nice. Appreciate all the work you folks put in.

Arg, I can't remember the name but I'm guessing I just have to learn the combo smasher? I just finished the tutorial and I still have a hard time breaking out of a combo. I'm using a regular 360 controller as I don't want to buy a fight stick for another system at the moment. Hoping I can get it down better because I don't think I could pull it off in an actual match.

zlatko

Banned
Figured I'd ask here as well as the Buy/Sell/Trade thread:

If anyone is selling a used copy of the game for Xbox 360 please PM me. No online pass necessary.

zlatko

Banned
Diablohead said:
Which setup is that? Ermac has like 20 BnB :p

20? More like 3 or 4, 2 of which are longer amounts of things before you launch them so you can try to make it relatively safe.

I'll upload a video of the ones I go for in fights, and even in lag situations where I drop them, you'll still be over 30% usually.

sixghost

Is there anything worth unlocking in the Krypt besides the alts and 2nd fatalities? I can't find a guide that lists anything but those.

The krypt is a bit dumb, you can earn costumes by beating ladder with said character and you can preform any fatality if you know the input, so unless you love concept art and music the krypt is a waste.

GuardianE said:
Jeez, I can't even find a Ranked match. The online needs to be patched... yesterday.
Ranked for me is the worst thing you can do, laggy all the time, paired up with people oversea who whore smoke or noob spam, you are best to enter a lobby in your region and find someone to play vs matches with.

Triz

Took my PS3 copy and exchanged at gamestop due to the Psn outage. Finally can play online...in laggy ass rooms :(. Xbox version seems much darker for some reason. Still happy I have a product I can actually use :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Diablohead said:
Ranked for me is the worst thing you can do, laggy all the time, paired up with people oversea who whore smoke or noob spam, you are best to enter a lobby in your region and find someone to play vs matches with.

I'm trying to go for Achievements, though. Why aren't teleports punishable online... ugh?

Weenerz said:
So is the strategy guide trash? I want to find a good source for the combos, but I have heard people dismissing the guide.
the guide is terrible and doesn't give you anything advanced at all, avoid!!!

Best thing to do is try to make your own combos or read them up somewhere online, as for where I don't really know I teach myself combos for fun :p

zlatko

Banned
GuardianE said:
I'm trying to go for Achievements, though. Why aren't teleports punishable online... ugh?

Crouch block, crouch kick, crouch uppercut beats them out clean even in online scenario. Or if your character has a teleport too then just teleport same time to fuck with them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
zlatko said:
Crouch block, crouch kick, crouch uppercut beats them out clean even in online scenario. Or if your character has a teleport too then just teleport same time to fuck with them.

I know what punishes teleports offline. Online is laggy. Uppercut whiffs because my character moves in slomo.

zlatko

Banned
GuardianE said:
I know what punishes teleports offline. Online is laggy. Uppercut whiffs because my character moves in slomo.

Teleports in laggy matches gave me the least trouble. I was praying for smokes to just random teleport so I could punish them. Then again I play Ermac so I was teleporting around to be a dick too. :p

As for the BnBs I promised in video format here's a few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8YCyjpuS7E&feature=channel_video_title

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
zlatko said:
Teleports in laggy matches gave me the least trouble. I was praying for smokes to just random teleport so I could punish them. Then again I play Ermac so I was teleporting around to be a dick too. :p

Well, all I'm saying is that teleports are the EASIEST thing to punish, and the easiest punish to a teleport should be an uppercut. When it whiffs, something is seriously wrong.

Frankfurt

Banned
G-Fex said:
I think it'd be awesome to fight Reptile in his classic costume but with the very first moveset of sub-zero's iceballs and scorpions spear.

Am I missing an in-joke, or you don't know yet...?

Let's just say you'll be very happy. Secret fight, etc.

G-Fex

Frankfurt said:
Am I missing an in-joke, or you don't know yet...?

Let's just say you'll be very happy. Secret fight, etc.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Really?

Fuck I suck at unlocking those things so I'll probably just watch it from youtube :(

Blueblur1

Is it me or is the volume for this game really low? I set the volume settings to high in the Options and I still have to set my TV's volume level twice as high as I would with every other game I own.

grendelrt

Ugh seriously if I reviewed this game I would drop its score 2 points just because of the Shao Khan fights. Final fight of story mode (guessing) and I just gave up. Its embarrassing how a developer in this day and age can put something so cheap and stupid in a game. I like to win my fights by skill, not trying to find some stupid cheap method to exploit the fight just to win. Totally just sucked all the fun out of the game I was having. Takes half damage, unblockable moves, randomly gets a shield so he can pot shot you, spams attacks at an inhuman rate, etc. Seriously Netherealm learn code some real fighting AI...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
grendelrt said:
Ugh seriously if I reviewed this game I would drop its score 2 points just because of the Shao Khan fights. Final fight of story mode (guessing) and I just gave up. Its embarrassing how a developer in this day and age can put something so cheap and stupid in a game. I like to win my fights by skill, not trying to find some stupid cheap method to exploit the fight just to win. Totally just sucked all the fun out of the game I was having. Takes half damage, unblockable moves, randomly gets a shield so he can pot shot you, spams attacks at an inhuman rate, etc. Seriously Netherealm learn code some real fighting AI...

It's a puzzle. He has a very defined very easy pattern that once you learn it you can easily score a double flawless on him. He's the end boss of the game, it's supposed to be tricky. You don't play any other game and expect to beat a boss by just flailing away so don't expect that here either.

fernoca

grendelrt said:
Guess you'll fit at IGN well. They deducted points to the score because the Story Mode was difficult. Plus, you can change the difficulty to Beginner (or Easy) if you're having such a hard time, the default is Medium. :p

Not to mention that it was done like that on purpose. Shao Kahn on Ladder Mode is much easier (and less cheap).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom