• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

MThanded said:
Sonya and Kang right now.

Kabal and Striker here. I don't even know if Striker is good, but the pistol shot is too awesome to not do a few times a day.

Kabal was my man in MK3, so I figured I'd try to bring him back. Made it through the ladder with him. Spammed Goro and Big Homie with <-<- X spinning razor things. Dat projectile trip. ti.jpg

Fantasmo

Challenge Tower complete. Now the only offline trophies left are 2 of the hidden battles, Ladder Master, Mastery of all fighters (impossible), and Luck Be a Lady. PSN really needs to come back online.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
kamspy said:
Kabal and Striker here. I don't even know if Striker is good, but the pistol shot is too awesome to not do a few times a day.

Kabal was my man in MK3, so I figured I'd try to bring him back. Made it through the ladder with him. Spammed Goro and Big Homie with <-<- X spinning razor things. Dat projectile trip. ti.jpg
Kabal is really good. There was some good high level play with him on some stream last week.

Rattles

MThanded said:
PSN is back up?

Quit trolling me.

Also kampsy you were in the psn thread with me earlier today... Remember you were telling me if my house gets robbed its my fault not the robber's.
Sorry :(

kamspy

CcrooK said:
I'm very excited to see tourny players playing this. I hope MK9 gets a good turn out at EVO this year.

Me too. I'm not a pro and barely follow pro fighting games, but it only took a few matches to find out that this is a game that could be played competitively at a high level. The game feels really good and there's a ton of stuff that would make for dramatic fights. The bone crushers are gonna cause a lot of gasping and yelling.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
MThanded said:
Kabal is really good. There was some good high level play with him on some stream last week.

He seems pretty good but I'm having trouble doing that much damage with him. Maybe I'm just too used to UMK3 Kabal and his 45% combos.

fernoca

kamspy

Lost Fragment said:
He seems pretty good but I'm having trouble doing that much damage with him. Maybe I'm just too used to UMK3 Kabal and his 45% combos.

He's not the Kabal he was in that regard, but you can play a good harass game with him and get that 3 piece hook combo in for 15% at will.

Tokubetsu

GhostRidah said:
Did not know you get meter from Toasty, the more you know.

If only it happened more often. I've been playing the game almost non stop since it came out and I've only seen toasty guy four times.

KiNeSiS

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
Anyone who wants to know what an MK vs SF game could look like artistically should check out this:

http://www.pseudo-pod.com/temp/Guile/guile.htm

Thats art by an Epic Games character artist. I never really could see a visual style for the theoretical MK vs SF game that would work until I saw this.

Holy shit!
WB & Capcom need to put this guy to work!

Despite Ono's hating attempts I feel my dream game of MK Vs Street Fighter is closer than ever to reality.
I wished for this game since I was a kid, i bought every EGM at the bodega below my grandmothers apartment growing up.
I really ate up that concept & drooled at the prospect of my 2 favorite games having a crossover. This was before any capcom cross over existed. Centimeters feel like inches for this vision come to pass.

magazine-electronic-gaming-monthly-street-fighter-vs-mortal-kombat-v6-9-of-12-1993_9-page-1.jpg

egm_69.jpg

If Sony doesn't mind Kratos getting eviscerated then capcom should get off of their high horse & allow their characters to be dismembered as well.
At least all for the sake of money. I would love to see the type of fatalities the SF crew would have. It would also be cool if each side kept their unique control schemes.
Evo would be nuts for that game!

I think Ono just feels threatened for now, He should embrace MK as a rival rather than just a competitor. It's good that anyone from Capcom mentions MK at all because for a while the IP didn't take up any mind share at big blue....

malfcn

How do you block Scorpions flames from far away..low? And christ does it have priority..it pulled me out of a winning x-ray.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
malfcn said:
How do you block Scorpions flames from far away..low? And christ does it have priority..it pulled me out of a winning x-ray.

Flames are unblockable you need to jump.

KiNeSiS said:
Holy shit!
WB & Capcom need to put this guy to work!

Despite Ono's hating attempts I feel my dream game of MK Vs Street Fighter is closer than ever to reality.

I think Ono just feels threatened for now, He should embrace MK as a rival rather than just a competitor. It's good that anyone from Capcom mentions MK at all because for a while the IP didn't take up any mind share at big blue....

Where are you getting this Ono hate from? That sensationalist site quoting him and framing it as something bigger than it really was?

sleepykyo

KiNeSiS said:

I don't know. It is kind of refreshing to see some companies avoid cheap~ overextending their brand. They already have SF x Tekken going out and Namco has Tekken x SF in the works.

Not to mention SF left the blood and vomit with SF2 series, and everyone knows how well the tamer MK v. DC went over.

KiNeSiS

Banned
sleepykyo said:
I don't know. It is kind of refreshing to see some companies avoid cheap~ overextending their brand. They already have SF x Tekken going out and Namco has Tekken x SF in the works.

Not to mention SF left the blood and vomit with SF2 series, and everyone knows how well the tamer MK v. DC went over.

@ Sleepykyo
I wouldn't want the crossover without gore intact.
Yes!! It was so classic when you would go for a body-blow in SF2 and your opponent would blow chunks. I hope MK crushes SF sales just so Capcom may consider implementing it once again. If felt visceral & I loved the bloodied up portraits. SF3 & SSF4 are great games regardless.
They don't need these things and just restricted to a MK vs SF it would be fine by me.
I am hyped for SF X Tekken & Tekken X SF.
Still one can't help but see that SF vs MK would be a better fit.
Sure Capcom would be spreading itself thin with all these vs games, but tell that to their corporate accountants after the spreadsheet profit margin would roll in.....
MK vs SF would undeniably sell gang-buster bonkers!

@ DryEyeRelief
Ono is a genius, Still it was ignorant of him to mention fireballs in Street Fighter are strategic while projectiles in MK are just there to look cool.

They are both there to chip away a life-bar & both games are strategic in their own ways.

He didn't really diss Mortal Kombat per se, He didn't really respect it either.
Although it isn't his job to give props to competitors.

I believe these comments were pre-release I'd like to see if his opinion changed if he has played MK & how he is enjoying it.

malfcn

Tips to win online? My moves are hitting and not doing anything..like X-Ray hits them while not blocking and it bounces off. It isn't a parry.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think a T-rated MK game could work now. In the past, the games were so mediocre that they had to rely on fatalities to be decent. MK9 is a good enough fighting game that it could get away with a T rating though I'd prefer they be free to do what they want.

Just do the same thing as Tekken vs SF

Give me SF vs MK made by Capcom. Given their own choice of the MK roster. T rated
Give me MK vs SF made by Netherrealm. Given their own choice of the SF roster. M rated with fatalities for both sides.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
sleepykyo said:

They could always do what they are doing with Tekken and what they did with SNK and have each side make their own version. So MK vs. SF by Netherrealm could be full on gory whereas SF vs. MK can be full of animu nonsense.

zoner said:
Give me SF vs MK made by Capcom. Given their own choice of the MK roster. T rated
Give me MK vs SF made by Netherrealm. Given their own choice of the SF roster. M rated with fatalities for both sides.

Do you really want 2 games of Shotos vs Ninja's? LOL.

I think 2 SF vs MK games would be the best implementation of the vs series idea. SNK screwed up their vs game, and I don't think Tekken vs SF will do as well as the Capcom version.

Bleepey said:
Any info on its sales?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428522&nojs=1

MK was #2 & #3 in the UK. Portal 2 was #1 & #4.

The PS3 version of MK was #1 for a while on amazon.com. Dropped a little. Also noticed that both versions are $10 off right now. Its an interesting strategy if WB is behind cutting the price (assuming its also been cut other places as well in that case)-- they could make the April NPDs look a lot more impressive if they are getting a second round of sales now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone buy the actual physical disc for Inspired by The Warriors? I'm curious if there's any bonus content with it, or if I'll just buy it off Amazon digitally

dk_

Sorry, if this has been answered before:

Here in Germany you can't activate the MP pass with your local account. So if I use an alternative account (Austria, UK, etc.), can I play with my German one? (360/PS3) Do you activate only accounts or the whole console?

orion434

Finally got the "Ladder Master" Achievement and it felt great to get it, but still feel a little guilty of the cheeze. For some reason Shao Kahn was caught in a loop. Forward Jump, uppercut... then back jump, kick and he'd always meet my foot. After that he would taunt... and I'd repeat. I got a Flawless Victory on Expert Shao Kahn...

Struct09

rayner said:
Finally got the "Ladder Master" Achievement and it felt great to get it, but still feel a little guilty of the cheeze. For some reason Shao Kahn was caught in a loop. Forward Jump, uppercut... then back jump, kick and he'd always meet my foot. After that he would taunt... and I'd repeat. I got a Flawless Victory on Expert Shao Kahn...

Which character did you use? And did you have to cheese all the other fighters too?

Xater

MThanded said:
Damn that lui kang combo/loop is too easy. Got damn. I thought valle was godlike for that combo. Its too got damn easy lol

3 buttons ->dash-> 3 buttons-> dash-> 3 buttons-> dash-> 3 buttons-> dash

If it's really that easy and can be abused I have no doubt they will patch it.

Chairhome

gutter_trash said:
fuck Cyrax sucks! I hate use characters that I don't like in Challenge and Story mode

jesus
Really? I love Cyrax. I actually don't think there are any bad characters in this game, seems pretty balanced.

Xater

Nemesis556 said:
So I guess that this means LADY IN RED is officially Skarlet?

http://twitter.com/#!/MK_Skarlet

The Scarlet model is on the disc. She is absolutely confirmed as DLC at this point. There is a video where you can see her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom