• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

bathala said:
if it is avatar for 360 that's pretty lame

Agreed, they should give us the option for both. I know its just avatars, but the Mortal Kombat ones look pretty cool.

It seems like a way to get us to buy MK Gear for our avatars. I don't like shopping for new clothes for myself let alone my virtual self. :(

Well, I preordered the Kollector's Edition.....sort of

It doesn't look like Best Buy will have neither that edition nor the tourney edition in stores on Tuesday, so I did the next best thing: Preorder it and have shipped to my home on next Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. Just hope UPS will at least be reliable

strideramc

lazybones18 said:
Well, I preordered the Kollector's Edition.....sort of

It doesn't look like Best Buy will have neither that edition nor the tourney edition in stores on Tuesday, so I did the next best thing: Preorder it and have shipped to my home on next Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll see how it goes. Just hope UPS will at least be reliable

Did you order it from Amazon with release date shipping? If you did, you should be fine.

Kome on MK. Get over here!

PS: Thanks, Fern, for the better Reptile pic. It now looks clean against my swamp background.

edit: not a swamp anymore.

I'm so excited to see reptile's alt, because he's one of my mains, and I'm not a fan of his new look. But I'm trying to avoid any additional footage from what I've already seen already until the 19th...Taking forever!

SpacLock

Boon's being bombarded by 360 owners on Twitter. I mean, it is pretty fucking lame how badly 360 owners have been getting screwed. I just don't understand why they'd ignore such a large part of the industry.

SpacLock said:
Boon's being bombarded by 360 owners on Twitter. I mean, it is pretty fucking lame how badly 360 owners have been getting screwed. I just don't understand why they'd ignore such a large part of the industry.

To be honest I think the only fucked up thing is them implying the 360 version will get extra content if it doesn't. That's a big if though given the team seem to be going all out for their audience this time around.

Darklord

Banned
SpacLock said:

How are they getting screwed? Aside from one character.

NewLib

Banned
SpacLock said:

I think the fact that the 360 isnt getting an exclusive character lies more at the feet of Microsoft. They asked Microsoft first and they said no.

SpacLock said:

I believe Microsoft is the only one to blame in this instance, though. Apparently Netherealm approached Microsoft first to offer them exclusive content and they turned it down. Then they approached Sony and they were given access to Kratos. So, it was Microsoft that screwed 360 owners, not Boon.

SpacLock said:

Oh boo fucking hoo. PS3 owners have been repeatedly kicked in the balls by just about everyone this generation with all the 360 people either getting stuff exclusive or way early. I think you can live with the PS3 actually getting something early/exclusive for once.

It's just one fucking exclusive character anyways. Who honestly gives a shit?

(I am a 360 owner.)

fernoca

Boon shouldn't be the one being bombarded by 360 owners.
Everything should be directed to WB Games and Microsoft, more than Netherrealm; since is not like Boon, or Hector, etc. woke up one day and decided "you know, let's put Kratos on the PS3 version and "nothing" on the 360 version".

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
AnEternalEnigma said:
Oh boo fucking hoo. PS3 owners have been repeatedly kicked in the balls by just about everyone this generation with all the 360 people either getting stuff exclusive or way early. I think you can live with the PS3 actually getting something early/exclusive for once.

It's just one fucking exclusive character anyways. Who honestly gives a shit?

(I am a 360 owner.)

I do.

But I agree that Netherrealm shouldn't really be bombarded with complaints. WB Games should for riding Sony's dick. They did it with Batman: Arkham Asylum and they're doing it again for MK9. Not only is it the exclusive character, but the early demo and the Jade costume in the MK Movie Blurays.

Said it in L.A.Noire thread, will say it here:

Hilarious how the times have changed. Bitter PS3 fanboys are now bitter 360 fanboys.

There are already SOOO many characters in MK9, I bet one extra exclusive character will change anything except make fanboys bitter.

Frankfurt

Banned
I do like my avatar, but avatar gear is BS compared to an extra playable character. They could have 10 extra backgrounds, one character still trumps it all (dozens to hundreds of hours of extra gameplay right there).

People like to praise this game for all the content, right? One character is more content than the whole challenge tower. And to the people saying the MK characters are he only ones that matter... You clearly don't play a game for the gameplay if you say that. I don't even like Kratos, but I would loe to have the chance to play him.

He's an extra character in what may be the best MK engine ever. Just like Nicole was an extra DOA character (not Halo) in DOA4, Kratos is an extra playable MK character!

If you don't get that, I'm sorry.

NewLib said:
I think the fact that the 360 isnt getting an exclusive character lies more at the feet of Microsoft. They asked Microsoft first and they said no.

Nope! A gaffer went to an event with a MK booth (PAX?) and asked two of the MK producers about that. They said they did NOT go to MS first. I think it was the "Boon hints at 360 character" thread.

G-Fex

SpacLock said:

I feel blessed, I don't like Kratos nor do I want to fight his character.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Frankfurt said:
Nope! A gaffer went to an event with a MK booth (PAX?) and asked two of the MK producers about that. They said they did NOT go to MS first. I think it was the "Boon hints at 360 character" thread.

Yeah, I thought it was bullshit too. Like I said, WB Games is pretty much a Sony fanboy in game publisher form.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
shagg_187 said:
Said it in L.A.Noire thread, will say it here:

Hilarious how the times have changed. Bitter PS3 fanboys are now bitter 360 fanboys.

There are already SOOO many characters in MK9, I bet one extra exclusive character will change anything except make fanboys bitter.

Lack of demo is much more annoying then the exclusive character to me. I already have it on ps3 but would like to try the 360 controller.

Frankfurt said:
I do like my avatar, but avatar gear is BS compared to an extra playable character. They could have 10 extra backgrounds, one character still trumps it all (dozens to hundreds of hours of extra gameplay right there).
There is DLC which 360 is rumores to get for free. Also, Kratos cannot be hundred hours of extra gameplay lol!

Tokubetsu

I was there for Armageddon, Deadly Alliance and Deception day one, I'll be there day one for this. Demo or no demo. Exclusive character or no. I need to see blood and gore and spinal columns.

Any news on when Machinima is going to throw up the recorded live stream? I am unable to watch the justin.tv versions due to extreme chop.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
shagg_187 said:
There is DLC which 360 is rumores to get for free. Also, Kratos cannot be hundred hours of extra gameplay lol!

If it's true, then all is forgiven. If it's not, then I'll still loathe WB Games. I own a PS3, I just prefer the 360 and all of my fighting game friends are on the 360.

GrayFoxPL

Shit, PS3 owners get screwed all the time and it's normal, it happens once to 360 and it's the end of the fucking world.

People must realize how many ps3 gamers don't give a fuck about Kratos in MK. Hey I'd take Meat over him anytime. I like gow, but I don't need that crossover.

What I'm worried is ps3 version online because of gamespy. 360 owners should be happy as their online experience is usually more solid.

fernoca said:
Boon shouldn't be the one being bombarded by 360 owners.
Everything should be directed to WB Games and Microsoft, more than Netherrealm; since is not like Boon, or Hector, etc. woke up one day and decided "you know, let's put Kratos on the PS3 version and "nothing" on the 360 version".

MS at was probably: "Mortal Kombat LoL this isn't the 90-ies anymore!" and then they're like: "Please Boon let us suck your dick!" and he's like: "You're not worthy of my pearly juice!

Now, I am not a PS3 owner...but I do agree PS3 multiplatform games usually get the short end of the stick, but....

PS3:

1 Exclusive Character
1 Exclusive arena with an exclusive stage fatality
3D Stereoscopic visuals
Full access to a demo weeks before launch
Jade DLC in the blu-rays of the MK movies

360:

I'm cool with PS3 owners getting an exclusive character...because that was mainly Microsoft's fault, but combine that with everything else? Seems liiiiiittttle more than unfair.

FINALBOSS

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Shit, PS3 owners get screwed all the time and it's normal, it happens once to 360 and it's the end of the fucking world.

People must realize how many ps3 gamers don't give a fuck about Kratos in MK. Hey I'd take Meat over him anytime. I like gow, but I don't need that crossover.

What I'm worried is ps3 version online because of gamespy. 360 owners should be happy as their online experience is usually more solid.

MS at was probably: "Mortal Kombat LoL this isn't the 90-ies anymore!" and then they're like: "Please Boon let us suck your dick!" and he's like: "You're not worthy of my pearly juice!

I'd trade Kratos for Super Meat Boy on PSN, or Limbo.

Frankfurt

Banned
shagg_187 said:

Hector said on twitter the free DLC thing is BS.

And why not? I've been playing Ryu in SF2 since 1992. Still use him in SSf2hdr on Live.

Criminal Upper said:
Now, I am not a PS3 owner...but I do agree PS3 multiplatform games usually get the short end of the stick, but....

PS3:

1 Exclusive Character
3D Stereoscopic visuals

360:

I'm cool with PS3 owners getting an exclusive character...because that was mainly Microsoft's fault, but combine that with everything else? Seems liiiiiittttle more than unfair.

It's not like there are a bunch of games with 360 demos but not PS3 demos or 360 exclusive games or DLC or timed exclusives or anything.

Oh wait...

As a PS3 only owner and a GOW fan, I can still say that Kratos' inclusion means nothing to me. I'd actually prefer he weren't in it but no biggie. Guess it ensures a larger fanbase from non-kombat fans...

KAL2006

Banned
FallingEdge said:
Won't matter cause console exclusive characters aren't tourney viable anyway!

We all win.

Lucky I don't play in tourneys, I just play online and I am sure Kratos is playable in online ranked matches.

DR2K

Banned
Criminal Upper said:

PS3:

1 Exclusive Character
3D Stereoscopic visuals

360:

-As far as Kratos goes, Boon already mentioned that they went to Microsoft with a similar proposal and got rejected.
-3D visuals are not supported on 360. Blame Microsoft.
-You have to pay for the movies to get that Jade content. It's not free, lol It'll be available at much more reasonable price as DLC for both consoles later.

They should gimp the PS3 version because of your entitlement issues? If it angers/confuses you so much than buy a PS3, it's not difficult.

S1kkZ said:
it wasnt.
I actually feel that the "BS" comments were false. Why else would NRS and CliffyB refer to the missed oppurtunity as "too late"? Something happened in the planning process to make a deal go bad. Even if MS hesitated slightly allowing Sony to $natch an exclusive deal still means MS is at fault.

SpacLock said:
It's not about Kratos. It's more about not having a demo and lack of information. I really figured I'd be able to try the game out by now.
Lack of what information? So you don't have a demo. Ok. Big deal. You have everything else except for a character who only appears on Sony's platform in the first place. This sense of entitlement to priveleged content 360 owners seem to have is ridiculous.

DR2K said:
-As far as Kratos goes, Boon already mentioned that they went to Microsoft with a similar proposal and got rejected.
-3D visuals are not supported on 360. Blame Microsoft.
-You have to pay for the movies to get that Jade content. It's not free, lol It'll be available at much more reasonable price as DLC for both consoles later.

They should gimp the PS3 version because of your entitlement issues? If it angers/confuses you so much than buy a PS3, it's not difficult.

Calm down.

I already AGREED that the PS3 versions of multplatform games usually get shafted, I'm just getting a bit annoyed that feature after feature gets piled onto one version, while a much larger user base keeps getting repeatedly lied to about things. Especially for such an anticipated game as MK.

We all want the game pretty badly.

If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't be shouting victory and laughing at the people getting screwed about it. But I guess I'm not as classy as some other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom