• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuri

Banned
I'm a bit confused here, let me get this straight -- King of the Hill mode will have a lobby with a giant 'virtual' screen that will show the fight as it happens, but this is ps3 only?

S1kkZ

MrMephistoX said:
It's okay you have exclusive COD map packs, Dead Rising Case Zero, Case West, timed Fallout DLC and numerous other MS financed DCL exclusives to tide you over ;)
not the same. the ms stuff is not free, you have to pay for it. with mk you get more content on one plattform for free.

fernoca

The Lamonster said:
I was hoping they'd include ALL classic costumes from MK1-3 as alts. Too bad we can't see Kano in his white uniform or Cage in his simplistic shorts/no tattoo.
Probably later. If the game's a success, they might as well make good money on the DLC.

shuri said:
I'm a bit confused here, let me get this straight -- King of the Hill mode will have a lobby with a giant 'virtual' screen that will show the fight as it happens, but this is ps3 only?
Yes about the screen, nope about the PS3-only. Is a mode in both consoles.
Imagine it as waiting inline in the arcades. You watch others fighting as you wait for your turn, then everyone sees how bad you play.

Lothars

S1kkZ said:
not the same. the ms stuff is not free, you have to pay for it. with mk you get more content on one plattform for free.

It's absolutely the same, there's nothing wrong with the PS3 getting kratos and content free.

shuri said:

Nope its on both. But you'll get miniaturized versions of MK fighters in the PS3 version and on Xbox 360 you can use your own Avatars and you also get costume pieces of MK fighters that you can apply onto your Avatar.

Also you can hit a button to go into full screen mode

LQX

MrMephistoX said:
It's okay you have exclusive COD map packs, Dead Rising Case Zero, Case West, timed Fallout DLC and numerous other MS financed DCL exclusives to tide you over ;)
How does all that crap from other games tide of MK fans looking forward to a game releasing next week?

Can't wait to have some GAF KOTH lobbies :)

I should probably think about getting a microphone for voice chat on my PS3. Any suggestions?

BuzzJive said:
Just so I've got this straight - the PS3 version has an exclusive character, free online play and better Avatars in King of the Hill (perhaps debatable, but...) - not to mention a demo. The 360 version gets - avatar costumes?

With the 360 as my only option right now, I can't help but feel a little shafted.

360 gets Xbox Live. That is all that really matters. Kratos isn't important to me. I 'm not going to main him, and don't want to play a billion of them online when that matchup isn't going to matter for tournaments. The avatar thing is totally preference. I'm getting the 360 version, and I'll get it for PS3 when it drops in price.

Aesthet1c

The Lamonster said:

I should probably think about getting a microphone for voice chat on my PS3. Any suggestions?
I prefer the official headset to any other third party ones I have tried.

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
360 gets Xbox Live. That is all that really matters. Kratos isn't important to me. I 'm not going to main him, and don't want to play a billion of them online when that matchup isn't going to matter for tournaments. The avatar thing is totally preference. I'm getting the 360 version, and I'll get it for PS3 when it drops in price.
Party Chat/Cross game chat will probably work real well with King of the Hill mode.

FINALBOSS

Banned
The Lamonster said:
I was hoping they'd include ALL classic costumes from MK1-3 as alts. Too bad we can't see Kano in his white uniform or Cage in his simplistic shorts/no tattoo.

Same. I like my Xbox Avatar guy, but still going with the PS3 version.

I never understood why people give a shit/care about their little Avatars...they are 100% meaningless.

Not knocking you at all, just don't get it.

The Lamonster said:

I use the official bluetooth one, but PS3 isn't really fussy about mics. My friend uses his USB mic from the 360 version of Rock Band, lol.

MrMephistoX

LQX said:
How does all that crap from other games tide of MK fans looking forward to a game releasing next week?

My comment was tongue in cheek but the point was 360 fans really have no room to complain given the fact that this is the only notable PS3 exclusive feature on a third party title in recent memory. 3rd party exclusives of any kind are horrible regardless.

Lingitiz

The only thing that really matters is what platform your friends are on. The small content differences are not totally game changing.

KaYotiX

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
I never understood why people give a shit/care about their little Avatars...they are 100% meaningless.

Not knocking you at all, just don't get it.
Same reason why ppl care about trophies/GS.

_dementia said:
I use the official bluetooth one, but PS3 isn't really fussy about mics. My friend uses his USB mic from the 360 version of Rock Band, lol.
Wait, it will take any USB mic?? That means I can use one of my PC mics that I use in Vent. Nice.

Lingitiz said:
The only thing that really matters is what platform your friends are on. The small content differences are not totally game changing.
Which may result in me downgrading from the KE to the regular edition so I can get a copy on both platforms since I know people who will have it on either. =/

BuzzJive

MrMephistoX said:

I'm not trying to turn this in to a console battle. I'm just a little bummed that my most anticipated game in quite some time now has a better version out there that just isn't a feasible option for me right now.

It doesn't really make me feel any better that other people feel this same experience at times :-(

The Lamonster said:
Wait, it will take any USB mic?? That means I can use one of my PC mics that I use in Vent. Nice.
Yeah, it will probably work. Once you plug it in just be sure to go to Settings on the XMB > Accessory Settings > Audio Device Settings and enable it.

Unicorn

infinityBCRT said:
Which may result in me downgrading from the KE to the regular edition so I can get a copy on both platforms since I know people who will have it on either. =/
And I know people who will have it on neither.

None of my friends are hyped anymore. :c

Hopefully the netcode is playable.

MrMephistoX

BuzzJive said:
I'm not trying to turn this in to a console battle. I'm just a little bummed that my most anticipated game in quite some time now has a better version out there that just isn't a feasible option for me right now.

It doesn't really make me feel any better that other people feel this same experience at times :-(

I hear you wasn't trying to start a flamewar. The moral of the story is that exclusive 3rd party content needs to either die in a fire or be even handed. I'm sure there will be something for 360 fans as DLC later on.

fernoca

Well...take 2!! :p

WMhlP.png

REGARDING THE ONLINE KOMMUNITY THREAD
While the online thread is create and posted in the upcoming days...

Here's the spreadsheet to add your PSN/Live usernames (quote this post to copy/paste the link, let's see how things work out. Remember to copy-paste only the adress):

Just select a box write the information on the respective area, colors, etc. leave them to me.
And also remember to File > Save after you're finished. ;)

So if a "troll" decides to have fun, we'll know for sure the troll is from here or got the link here. in that case, I'l proceed to put it as a regular post in the, upcoming thread.

Added the ones that PMed already, so if you're reading it, check the link t osee if the information is correct and add anything else missing.

Aske

fernoca said:
And really like Kano's alt. Is a mixture of his Deadly Alliance and DC Universe look. :)
I mean, they didn't put Johnny Cage in a lycra (MKI pants) or a speedo like I asked on Twitter... so that'll do. I mean, girls usually get less clothes as games go by (in general); while guys get more clothes and armors??... :p

I'm liking the alts too. From what I can see they all look great, and if that one is indeed Sub-Zero's alt, it means that the game supports switching between the brothers without the need for the retro costume! Joy!!!

Chavelo

GrayFoxPL said:
I hate mics online. Just adding more lag. Spectators too.

They should have a lobby for people where they don't see the fight but are able to see the lifebars changing... no real difference between the two. :D

G-Fex

SO many questions I want answered.

Why did Mileena work so hard on that Teddy?

Will Scorpion accept her teddy?

How will she deal with rejection?

fernoca

G-Fex said:
SO many questions I want answered.

Why did Mileena work so hard on that Teddy?

Will Scorpion accept her teddy?

How will she deal with rejection?
1. Because she loves Scorpion
2. Nope, he hates teddies!!
3. FIGHT!!

TreIII

The Lamonster said:

Same here. I probably will only do KOTH mode with either my fellow GAFfers, TYMers and a few of my close friends. MvC3 has only done more to remind me that trying to fight against anons is too much trouble, indeed.

fernoca said:

Okay guys (and the 2-3 girls that post around here :p)...
To avoid the first posts of the online thread, being just people posting their IDs, send me a private message if you want your gamertag/PSN ID at the main post of the online-thread.

Make sure to include:
1. The console (360 or PS3, or both)
2. The gamertag/PSN ID
3. If you have a headset
Where do I find my PSN ID in the XMB? I don't think I've ever played online multiplayer in my 4 years of PS3 ownership haha

BuzzJive said:
Just so I've got this straight - the PS3 version has an exclusive character, free online play and better Avatars in King of the Hill (perhaps debatable, but...) - not to mention a demo. The 360 version gets - avatar costumes?

With the 360 as my only option right now, I can't help but feel a little shafted.

That is exactly how I felt 3 years ago. Then I purchased a PlayStation 3.

Now I will never be shafted again.

Kurod

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Where do I find my PSN ID in the XMB? I don't think I've ever played online multiplayer in my 4 years of PS3 ownership haha

It should be the first name right above your friends list.

fernoca

shagg_187 said:
Fernoca, instead of PM: make a google spreadsheet that accepts this.
Will look into that. I haven't started the thread (fully) yet, so I 'm doing research around to try to make things as simple as possible.

NO MORE PMs FOR NOW.

EDIT:
OMG! Google appears in spanish and I don't understand it...even when it's my native language!!! :mad:

Struct09

I'm getting both versions, but I foresee the 360 version becoming the one I play the most. As much as I love the God of War series and Kratos, I like the idea of being able to have a version of this game that is only Mortal Kombat characters.

fernoca

Okay, went with shagg's suggestion.
Going to post the spreadsheet link in a few minutes; when I finish adding the ones that PM'ed me (is my first time using it :p)

Chairhome

fernoca said:
Okay, went with shagg's suggestion.
Going to post the spreadsheet link in a few minutes; when I finish adding the ones that PM'ed me (is my first time using it :p)
Someone mentioned that its too easy for a troll to go in there and just mess up the spreadsheet. Would it be a good idea to password protect then do that trick where we have to quote your post to see the password?

Frankfurt

Banned
KaYotiX said:
Same reason why ppl care about trophies/GS.

Uh... Not really?

I don't care about achievements but I like my avatar. Some animations are pretty hilarious - the guys who make the game-specific animations clearly have a lot of love for gaming. The little Game Room references to Atari and Intelivision, with tiny, 3D, pixelated sprites running around with their 2-frame animations, spinning around or shooting at your avatar while he goes "what the hell"... That is the kind of stuff that made me love videogames in the first place.

fernoca

Well...take 2!! :p

WMhlP.png

While the online thread is create and posted in the upcoming days...

Here's the spreadsheet to add your PSN/Live usernames (quote this post to copy/paste the link, let's see how things work out. Remember to copy-paste only the adress):

Just select a box write the information on the respective area, colors, etc. leave them to me.
And also remember to File > Save after you're finished. ;)

So if a "troll" decides to have fun, we'll know for sure the troll is from here or got the link here. in that case, I'l proceed to put it as a regular post in the, upcoming thread.

Added the ones that PMed already, so if you're reading it, check the link t osee if the information is correct and add anything else missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom