• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gillFTR said:
ugh man I am so torn between which version to get I got my fightstick for ps3 and psn is down,but my friends are on 360. I also really dont like using a fightstick that much though.
Wouldn't you rather use a fightstick than the shitty 360 d-pad? Although playing with friends is a big plus...

corkscrewblow said:
So no word on when the klassic kostumes are gonna be on PSN(lol) and XBL? I will so pay up to $5 for that dat Ermac
no word yet

"I didn't type that they weren't any. But it isn't nearly the same as MVC3 where everything is cancelable. Also going by exceptional cases, it still wouldn't apply as SC2 Ivy allows to input half the motion for SS, attack, sidestep, complete the motion for Summon Suffering or add one input wait a split second for the stance change, which allows for the Calamity Symphony."

I'm not sure what the SC2 Ivy bit has to do with anything? And who cares if it's not nearly the same as MVC3? It's a different game with different mechanics. It's like this concept is beyond so many people.

At any rate, the point I was making was that there are definitely easily hitconfirmable strings in MK9. I haven't gone through the entire cast, but out of the handful I've tried, they all have at least a single, very easily hitconfirmable string.

ptown

I haven't got to mess with everybody yet, but I've messed with Sonya and Smoke the most.

Sonya: 2,1, military stance. Allows many follow-up options after including just dashing in from military stance and doing 2,1, military stance again! It's really good.
Smoke: jump kick, air throw, smoke bomb. Gives Smoke the ability to combo off the easier jump-in attack.

I'm thinking of learning Mileena next as well. I'm working on getting her air sais down pretty low to the ground. Plus she's got some interesting normal attacks, overheads, command low attack.

You guys are missing out if all you're doing is playing some boss in single player mode... in a fighting game.

ptown said:
You guys are missing out if all you're doing is playing some boss in single player mode... in a fighting game.

Who the hell is doing that? Just because people get stuck there doesn't mean they want to...

ptown

You just need to learn a few mechanics and you'll have all the tools you need to beat him.

He's not too bad really.

gillFTR

corkscrewblow said:
Always choose this. ALWAYS.

Well atleast the ones who are playing MK, yah going with 360. Also forgot to mention im a trophy whore(who knows maybe those reset after psn went down).

gillFTR

The Lamonster said:
Wouldn't you rather use a fightstick than the shitty 360 d-pad? Although playing with friends is a big plus...

Yah I hate the 360 dpad,but what I found is I liked the dualshock a lot more than my fightstick for some reason.

The Lamonster said:

no word yet

I've been playing with the 360 joystick. Kind of thinking about picking one of those SFIV fightpads that came out awhile ago though as I don't want a fightstick for the 360.

NIN90

The Lamonster said:
That's ridiculous. So I guess the 360 version shows connection bars while the PS3 version does not?

It does in the lobby. I don't think it does in matchmaking.

VGChampion said:
I've been playing with the 360 joystick. Kind of thinking about picking one of those SFIV fightpads that came out awhile ago though as I don't want a fightstick for the 360.

I'm using one of those with MK9. Works great.

notworksafe

ptown said:
Sonya: 2,1, military stance. Allows many follow-up options after including just dashing in from military stance and doing 2,1, military stance again! It's really good.
God yes. I've gotten so many people to rage from 2,1, military to charge, dash, military to charge, etc.

It's glorious!

ptown

notworksafe said:
God yes. I've gotten so many people to rage from 2,1, military to charge, dash, military to charge, etc.

It's glorious!

*Brofist*

I like to get cute and put in either a military stance b+4 (sweep), or military stance 1+3 (overhead tackle) every once in a while.

KiNeSiS

Banned
The only flaws in this game are the following imo

Do the acid bath stage fatality to jax his metallic arms melt into bone, he should no longer have any arm bone at all. WTF?!? If the females have half breast tissue as one titty fully sizzles off which is massive attention to detail, how then could their artists not realize, "Wait a second here, Jax has no arms!"

Raiden a supposed "Thunder God" takes damage from Strykers Tazer EL OH EL!

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
KiNeSiS said:

Do the acid bath stage fatality to jax his metallic arms melt into bone, he should no longer have any arm bone at all. WTF?!? If the females have half breast tissue as one titty fully sizzles off which is massive attention to detail, how then could their artists not realize wait a second here jax has no arms!

Wut lol

notworksafe

KiNeSiS said:

Do the acid bath stage fatality to jax his metallic arms melt into bone, he should no longer have any arm bone at all. WTF?!? If the females have half breast tissue as one titty fully sizzles off which is massive attention to detail, "how then could their artists not realize wait a second here, Jax has no arms!"

I read this in my head as Shao Khan's voice and it was way more awesome.

KiNeSiS said:

Do the acid bath stage fatality to jax his metallic arms melt into bone, he should no longer have any arm bone at all. WTF?!?
Yeah one of the characters does an burn related fatality and the same thing happens with Jax. It's pretty goofy looking. (May be Smoke, how he makes peoples skin melt off, and you see Jax's arm muscle.)

Carnby

The Lamonster said:
WOW @ the Sub-Zero ending. That one is by far my favorite so far.

I really hope it is a teaser for the next Shaolin Monks game.

Well the ending did say both "Fire and Ice" (the planed title for Shaolin Monks 2) and "Deadly Alliance," which is of course the name of MK5. So I would have to agree that it is possibly a teaser.

KiNeSiS said:

Do the acid bath stage fatality to jax his metallic arms melt into bone, he should no longer have any arm bone at all. WTF?!? If the females have half breast tissue as one titty fully sizzles off which is massive attention to detail, how then could their artists not realize, "Wait a second here, Jax has no arms!"

I read it in my head with a lisp because I'm really bored and yes, it was really fucking awesome.

KiNeSiS

Banned
The Lamonster said:
I read it in my head with a lisp because I'm really bored and yes, it was really fucking awesome.

Shao Kahn Internal Voice Reading >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lisp Internal Voice Reading

That is unless the lisp in question was the voice of the Impregnable Mike Tyson!

notworksafe said:
Truth. Shao Khan talking about sizzling titties is where it's at.
notworksafe

JH8TA.jpg

(An avatar quote also seemed appropriate, since I heard that sentence in Shaq's voice.)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
jaekwon15 said:
Well the ending did say both "Fire and Ice" (the planed title for Shaolin Monks 2) and "Deadly Alliance," which is of course the name of MK5. So I would have to agree that it is possibly a teaser.

If you have seen Kitana's ending,
she forms an alliance with jade and mileena to prevent evil from doin the same old shit. Possibly a coop game with the ladies? LOL

Nezzhil

I have a problem with the Krypt:
In the Deadlands zone, I opened the mausoleum located in the middle and I haven't received any prize, but my brother (in another account) has unlocked "Dead Pool Victim Concepts" from the same mausoleum.
Help?

Neki

KiNeSiS said:

More like use Kung Lao's fatality to cut Kung Lao in half. The now half Kung Lao's hat has been cut perfectly down the middle, and is still somehow on the dead Kung Lao's head.

FINALBOSS

Banned
valentine71 said:
Isn't the whole guide is a fucking joke anyway?

Oh god yes. It's hilarious.

I honestly don't mind all the screenshots everywhere...it's just they purposefully left out damage information and such.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
FINALBOSS said:
Oh god yes. It's hilarious.

I honestly don't mind all the screenshots everywhere...it's just they purposefully left out damage information and such.

Agreed, while the moves being printed wrong is also unforgivable for a book company, them leaving that info out makes me feel stupid for spending money on it... At least we get some reprinted cards for our troubles.....

Is there any word on a 360 demo? I havent been following this closely enough but I loved Mortal Kombat and if this is anywhere near as good as the classics I would buy it.

bobs99 ... said:
Is there any word on a 360 demo? I havent been following this closely enough but I loved Mortal Kombat and if this is anywhere near as good as the classics I would buy it.

Hey Bobs, been a bit since I've posted in Haroz. Anyway, there is still no 360 demo but based off your comment, I'd say it should be a safe plunge. This game is awesome and absolutely loaded with kontent. The amount of characters and stages are astounding and the stages make me so nostalgic! It's awesome seeing them with updated graphics :) I think any fan of the old games will love the new Story mode and there is also the arcade ladders with seperate endings as well. If you like Soul Caliber's missions, this game has a mission tower too. The only real mark against it at the moment is that many report the online play is laggy. I personally haven't tried it as there is just so much single player stuff to do. Tag vs. with friends was very very fun. I think I found my game for when four people want to play multiplier and we can't decide on what.

Protip: The official transformable d-pad controller works MUCH better than the standard 360 controller.

MThanded said:
It is sort of ridiculous that the netcode is bad and for you to play online after buying a used copy you have to pay ten dollars.

If you are going to make people pay to play online your netcode better be worth it.
/rant
What? Buying used you have to pay to play MP?

Arde5643

Playing Liu Kang online is quite terrible since his combos that lead to b+3,1,2 outside of starting with it is really hard to time with the crappy lag.

Real easy to do offline, but online, the lag really kills Kang's combos unless you want to do the lesser combos.

Luckily, Sub Zero's combos seems easy to do both online or offline.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
bdizzle said:
What? Buying used you have to pay to play MP?

they have an online pass you get when you purchase the game new.
youll have to buy it if you buy the game used and it was redeemed.

malfcn

How do you d/c without a loss? I just made some dude 300+ wins rage quit but it said session was over and no win for me.

Apparently the dude said he quit the match that I won..and he got the W. What the heck?

The Lamonster said:
That's ridiculous. So I guess the 360 version shows connection bars while the PS3 version does not?
IN a lobby you see 4 green dots, press A/X on someone and wait a few seconds to see if the meter drops to 3,2 or 1 aka ping check, in ranked you get throw in with any random willy and same with regular matches.

AKA ALWAYS go into a room and find someone with a good ping, but even then you can still get enough lag to drop combos and button inputs, yes, you can drop moves if you do them as quick as you do offline like there is no button input buffer.... lol.

Online in MK is a joke, but it can still be fun against someone with a good ping, just not perfect.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Diablohead said:
IN a lobby you see 4 green dots, press A/X on someone and wait a few seconds to see if the meter drops to 3,2 or 1 aka ping check, in ranked you get throw in with any random willy and same with regular matches.

AKA ALWAYS go into a room and find someone with a good ping, but even then you can still get enough lag to drop combos and button inputs, yes, you can drop moves if you do them as quick as you do offline like there is no button input buffer.... lol.

Online in MK is a joke, but it can still be fun against someone with a good ping, just not perfect.
I remember spooky stream
desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch , desynch ,

sleepykyo

Teknopathetic said:
It's a different game with different mechanics. It's like this concept is beyond so many people.

And I'm simply stating I found MK more restrictive and used SC2 and MVC3 to illustrate it. A couple of hit confirmable strings isn't going to change my opinion that much. Obviously you don't find it as restrictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom