• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make sense if that is characters, they said they wanted to get out dlc early may if im not mistaken. I hope so, really want to play Kenshi and Skarlett.

fernoca

Nemesis556 said:
Sometimes I really wonder if people will ever realise it wasn't CENSORED EVERYWHERE.

It's still a shit fatality either way.
Keep in mind that even the versions that were not censored, it wasn't like the one that is on the game. Just the shot and the character fell to the ground...no exploding head, no tongue moving around.. :p

And yep, that Toys R Us thing was really weird...even more with PSN down. :(

EDIT:
PSN is back? or so the other thread says! :O!!!
Not up..booo.. :(

Damn, loving this game. Picked it up Friday after work, started playing around 11PM when I got home and only stopped 5 hours later because my finger was hurting pushing the D-pad buttons so long. Played again tonight to advance through the story some more,
I'm a couple fights in with Jax in the Netherealm, just beat the shit out of Johnny Cage.
Absolutely adore the story mode, it's corny and awesome.

I feel like I'm overwhelmed with the amount of characters, I have no idea who to focus learning. I always end up just getting pretty descent with someone in story mode before they switch out, it's funny because every time they switch characters I feel really gimped the first fight until I figure out a couple of good techniques. I hated Scorpion before I got used to abusing his teleport, chain grapple, and super easy punch combos, then Liu Kang before I figured out his scissor kick and how to properly time combos into fireballs. So, yeah, I'm really terrible at Mortal Kombat games in general - haven't played one since MK2 on Genesis and back then I couldn't even beat Arcade mode.

Really not sure who I'm going to play as my "main", who I'm going to focus on. Any suggestions? Anyone to outright avoid before I go crazy mastering a horribly gimped character?

wowzors

Wow, anyone know what time Powerup 2011 Day 3 starts for Mortal Kombat? Watching some of these guys is pretty incredible (Reo,Tom Brady in particular).

I just got this game, played a bit of story mode, wow the story mode is great. this is how any fighting game trying to tell story should be from now on.

I want Tekken game with this kind of story mode.

Nemesis_

Albino_Samurai said:
Any chance of getting more stage fatality's as DLC?
Friendships? Animalities?

I'm not sure if they're just unlocks (the klassic ones) but I am sure there's the behind the scenes infrastructure to do so. I mean technically they're adding in fatalities for Skarlet and Kenshi when they eventually hit. I don't see why not really.

Aselith

SapientWolf said:
The one where he turns into a clown and splits the opponents wig with a revolver? The cop out happened when they censored it in MK v DC.

Yeah, I'm really happy they brought it back for this. It's really the best fatality ever. lol at people calling it lazy in the youtube comments for this video (link to the fatality for the curious):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL8uXaA8wVU. With the huge amount of content done for this game and the amount of fatalities, it's preposterous to call reusing an extremely awesome one lazy. It's pretty clear that they just really liked the fatality and wanted to add it to their new game by whatever means.

Nemesis_

Aselith said:
Yeah, I'm really happy they brought it back for this. It's really the best fatality ever. lol at people calling it lazy in the youtube comments for this video (link to the fatality for the curious):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL8uXaA8wVU. With the huge amount of content done for this game and the amount of fatalities, it's preposterous to call reusing an extremely awesome one lazy. It's pretty clear that they just really liked the fatality and wanted to add it to their new game by whatever means.

Well it's not like they didn't like it and put it in, is it? =/

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really get how they are going to add all this DLC stuff (fatalities, characters, etc) with online mode and the patch limitations of the 360.

For example, lets say that there is DLC fatalties and you buy them. You go online and try to perform one on someone who didn't get the DLC. Will it not let you do it? Same goes for the DLC characters. Will you not be able to fight against people with that character if they didn't get the DLC too?

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
Aselith said:

I love they included Joker's fatality in this one. It's easily the best finishing move from MKvsDC.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Callibretto said:
I just got this game, played a bit of story mode, wow the story mode is great. this is how any fighting game trying to tell story should be from now on.

I want Tekken game with this kind of story mode.

Tell me about it this was the type of fighting game story I was expecting from MvC3 that failed to deliver on that part

SlickVic

Painraze said:
I don't really get how they are going to add all this DLC stuff (fatalities, characters, etc) with online mode and the patch limitations of the 360.

For example, lets say that there is DLC fatalties and you buy them. You go online and try to perform one on someone who didn't get the DLC. Will it not let you do it? Same goes for the DLC characters. Will you not be able to fight against people with that character if they didn't get the DLC too?

My guess is they'd have everyone download a patch when you go online with all the data for the new fatalities. If you want to use those fatalities/characters, you'd essentially just be buying an unlock key to access that new content for yourself. I'm pretty sure that's how it works in most MP games that introduce things like new characters/skins, so it doesn't segregate the community.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Painraze said:

they can see them they just won't be allowed to use them

Is there something special about Quan Chi's enhanced Trance move? It makes a weird ticking noise that the normal one doesn't.

Also is there anywhere online that lists the moves and tells you all their attributes/what they do? I checked testyourmight and shoryuken.com but they were both incomplete and didn't have Quan Chi's moveset yet.

Khezu

MK twitter account says scarlet is not coming this Tuesday, and they will announce when there ready.

Shame, really interested in kenshi.

Nemesis_

Painraze said:

BlazBlue Continuum Shift would not let the user play the game online unless they download the latest "update pack" which would include revisions to characters as well as any future DLC.

So anyone who plays online HAS to have the content on their console (whether they have access to it or not is determined by whether they buy it or not) and then anyone who DOESN'T have the update piece of DLC doesn't actually get through to online.

Duress

Now that thought about it some more, I think that it doesn't fit with the Shang Tsung's character then the fatality itself.

Nemesis_

Second said:
This game is basically a MK Trilogy remake. I love it. I miss Rain, though.

DLC. BELIEVE!

I can't imagine Rain not appearing as DLC at some point, along with Tanya. They might be the second pack, I'd imagine.

Frankfurt

Banned
Hope they wait more for DLC. One new DLC per month would be great.

And I don't really want to see this kind of Story Mode in other fighters. As much as I love KOF and DOA, I want this to stay unique to MK.

Anyway, just finished Ladder with Mileena. First time I saw Kintaro's winpose, too. Noticed that Mileena says "was it good for you" sometimes. Or at least, I only heard it two times, since she says it under her breath. Also noticed animations for winposes aren't canned. Since I'm always oogling at the female characters, I noticed one of her breasts bounce a LOT more when her arm brushed over it, at least DOAX2 levels. Didn't look like a glitch, as it animated along with the arm animation.

Endings seem to greatly vary in quality of art. Must've been drawn and animated by multiple people. Sonya's was the most consistent so far, while Sub-zero's was all over the place, even had some flash-looking shadow in there.

Music isn't bad, but aside from 2 or 3 tunes (subway, for example), I still feel it's too subdued and restrained.

Fought Secret Noob without even trying. Saw Reptile fall without fatality prompt, Mileena walk back in a new animation, then the secret fight warning. Great surprise, I figured all would have very specific ways like double flawless + fatality. Only noticed Rain wasn't in the background when the warning showed up.

Sblargh

Banned
Frankfurt said:
Hope they wait more for DLC. One new DLC per month would be great.

And I don't really want to see this kind of Story Mode in other fighters. As much as I love KOF and DOA, I want this to stay unique to MK.

Anyway, just finished Ladder with Mileena. First time I saw Kintaro's winpose, too. Noticed that Mileena says "was it good for you" sometimes. Or at least, I only heard it two times, since she says it under her breath. Also noticed animations for winposes aren't canned. Since I'm always oogling at the female characters, I noticed one of her breasts bounce a LOT more when her arm brushed over it, at least DOAX2 levels. Didn't look like a glitch, as it animated along with the arm animation.

Endings seem to greatly vary in quality of art. Must've been drawn and animated by multiple people. Sonya's was the most consistent so far, while Sub-zero's was all over the place, even had some flash-looking shadow in there.

Music isn't bad, but aside from 2 or 3 tunes (subway, for example), I still feel it's too subdued and restrained.

Fought Secret Noob without even trying. Saw Reptile fall without fatality prompt, Mileena walk back in a new animation, then the secret fight warning. Great surprise, I figured all would have very specific ways like double flawless + fatality. Only noticed Rain wasn't in the background when the warning showed up.

I would love some kind of story mode becoming standard. How cool would be a MvC3 story mode, starting with classic super-hero misunderstanding leading to the Ryu (Chun Li/ Viper?) vs Wolverine (Phoenix / X-23?) fight, passing through the scenarios of the openings, showing Deapool vs Dante, Spiderman/Spencer team up, the avengers just fighting shit.
Oh, the dream. Because, really, Story Mode is just a really long pre-determined ladder with cutscenes in between. It adds so much, why not become standard? (aside from we living in a world with finite resources)

Frankfurt

Banned
Companies like Namco, ArcS and Capcom can't write a decent story even if their lives depended on it. SNK used to be able to handle a good story, but it's been a while. Leave the stinkers away from this kind of Story Mode. Specially after the shitfests that were the last Tekken and SC.

Anyway...

So the game does have alternate winposes outside of fatalities and so on. Finished two matches with Sindel where I didn't do a fatality, and both started with her turning her back in the same way. In one she flew afterwards, in the other she stayed with her back turned.

Revenant

Just picked it up at Toys R' Us for $30 and I'm absolutely pumped.

first cutscene of story mode is awesome.

If anyone is interested in the Kitana code, I'm looking for a Reptile code (PS3)

Frankfurt

Banned
I guess the reason Kitana looks so ugly is because they tried to give her some of the Angelina Jolie features Sindel has, except the mix made her fugly as hell. Doesn't explain why Sonya looks fugly too, though.

Frankfurt said:
I guess the reason Kitana looks so ugly is because they tried to give her some of the Angelina Jolie features Sindel has, except the mix made her fugly as hell. Doesn't explain why Sonya looks fugly too, though.

Unreal engine.

Frankfurt said:
Companies like Namco, ArcS and Capcom can't write a decent story even if their lives depended on it. SNK used to be able to handle a good story, but it's been a while. Leave the stinkers away from this kind of Story Mode. Specially after the shitfests that were the last Tekken and SC.

Anyway...

So the game does have alternate winposes outside of fatalities and so on. Finished two matches with Sindel where I didn't do a fatality, and both started with her turning her back in the same way. In one she flew afterwards, in the other she stayed with her back turned.
Hmm good question. I only ever noticed characters doing the same win animation every time.

Hey, I've got a Kitana Klassic costume code. Not sure if anyone would be willing to exchange it with a Mileena code or something of equal value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom