• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
scoobs said:
Tombrady is dirty with sub. It looks like too much work to get good with sub but i'm intrigued

Sub Zero is a beast. He has 6-hit combos that take off a third of your health. Add in X-ray moves and it gets close to 50. And none of those combos are particularly hard to pull off.

Never really followed the MK tourney scene, but I'm a lifelong MK fan. Why does everyone have to call Tom Brady by his full name!? It keeps making me think the Patriot's QB is playing and it's annoying! :p

Edit: It could just be his tag but it's a strange and annoying one to use.

Is the Brawl Pad for that WWE game the same exact thing as the SS4 fight pad? I'm here at Gamestop considering buying it if that's the case. Thanks!

fernoca

BlueSummers said:
Never really followed the MK tourney scene, but I'm a lifelong MK fan. Why does everyone have to call Tom Brady by his full name!? It keeps making me think the Patriot's QB is playing and it's annoying! :p
It's the same Tom Brady. ;)

fmMsI.jpg

scoobs

Johnny's x-ray sucks its so hard to pull off and if you're playing anyone that knows the character they'll never fall for it. Luckily johnnys fucking amazing otherwise to make up for it

REO is absolutely destroying Floe's Ermac with Cyber Sub-Zero.

And Floe comes back in the second match and barely beats REO after adapting to Cyber Sub. Looks like he has a good handle on it now.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Shao Kahn, you a real bitch.

I'm thinking about switching to a controller for this game. Every stick layout feels awkward to me.

Irish

scoobs said:
Johnny's x-ray sucks its so hard to pull off and if you're playing anyone that knows the character they'll never fall for it. Luckily johnnys fucking amazing otherwise to make up for it

It frees up the bar so you can pull off more EX moves and Breakers with him.

scoobs

Its super fun to watch, i wish i could pull off some of these combos and have the state of mind to react like these guys do. I'm still pretty new so I mess up my combos when the pressure is on just about every single time

scoobs said:
Its super fun to watch, i wish i could pull off some of these combos and have the state of mind to react like these guys do. I'm still pretty new so I mess up my combos when the pressure is on just about every single time
I think half of it is just muscle memory. I'm slowly getting better with Cage, if only because I can stop thinking too much and worry more about landing combos than actually putting them in. Granted, I'm not very good, but I can see some progress.

Tokubetsu

One of the best talents/skills to have when it comes to fighting games I think is the ability to adapt and change your game up on the fly if things aren't working out.

h3ro

Just ordered my copy off of Amazon. :D

I enjoyed the demo and watching tourney play today settled it for me. The game looks fun and like a nice change of pace from Marvel and Super.

Looking forward to playing.

Also:
bAnXg.jpg

scoobs

infinityBCRT said:
wow, they've got 10k viewers right now for MK.
MK is exciting to alota people cuz its new and lets be honest... the gameplay is just fun as hell to watch and play.

derFeef

scoobs said:
Same, love his sub zero.

Xater

Oh man that grand final was fucking great. MK is actually really fun to watch. I love the game in pretty much every regard.

LordK

Yuripaw said:
I don't quite understand all this "Kitana is ugly" talk. I think she looks pretty friggin hot in this game tbh.

I think they're talking about her
man face for her alt.

Gowans

Finished and loved the story mode.

Best fighter of this gen. Tho I had to resort to major cheapness for the last boss.

MoxManiac

Gowans007 said:

Best fighter of this gen. Tho I had to resort to major cheapness for the last boss.

With jax i just shot projectiles over and over and when the boss got closer i jump backed and threw more shit haha

I hate fighting game bosses so i'll do what it takes to get them over with using the least amount of effort.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Gowans007 said:

i lamed like the whole game after realizing spamming projectiles makes for free wins lol

luffeN

Does anyone have the MK dragon, either a black and white version or the new one from MK9 in 6 MP quality? Google didn't have anything :(

Holy shit this game is packed with content. I just got a trophy for "Half Way There"
right after the first fight as Kitana
. Could of sworn there wasn't that much more.

Love this game so much and I'm not even a huge fighting game fan in general.

.GqueB.

Banned
Houston3000 said:
Holy shit this game is packed with content. I just got a trophy for "Half Way There"
right after the first fight as Kitana
. Could of sworn there wasn't that much more.

Love this game so much and I'm not even a huge fighting game fan in general.
Yea I just hit that too and was genuinely surprised. Im stuck on a fight a little after that though. I cant use Lui Kang for shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom