• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

rasberryjam said:
Since everyone is talking about costume codes...

I've got a Klassic Kitana code for the 360 if anyone is interested in trading.

I only have a Jade PS3 code. =( But would really want that.

Thanks guys, got that achievement and 6000 koins to boot (I had it set to 3 rounds to win.) Pretty easy once you know what to look for.

Arde5643

Houston3000 said:
Yeah, I usually don't run the X-Ray naked but - that being said I don't do his X-Ray too often since with the AI it seems my strategy works well enough :-/. Maybe go up to Very Hard or just wait for PSN to come back up.

So after the X-Ray can you transition them into a 2,1,3 and keep them up in the air for a Bicycle Kick or 3,3,4? Sounds like that would be insane damage... if a little hard to pull of in real life. I assume the player would build up a Breaker at some point during that combo to though.
Some players usually switch to bicycle kicks (b,b,f+4) in their juggles to avoid getting Breaker'd.

So say after the 2nd loop of 2,1,3, if you notice the opponent has 2 meters or more, you do b+3,1,bicycle kick or just straight up bicycle kicks.

Course, if you're not playing competitively, no really need to learn this since most of us are scrubs. :p

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Kabal is badass in this game. Love his moves and his voice.

"That guy is Shao Khan, Emperor of Outworld."

"Meh, I can take him."

Freaking awesome and fun as hell to play too.

simtmb

Just received this game. Its gdlk. LOVE IT!

Sucks so bad that its banned here in AUS, but at least i have some local friends to play it with xD

Unicorn said:
except when you notice he has ponytails.

Fucking ponytails.

Even his alt has ponytails.

That makes him more bad ass. He's so fuckin' badass he can wear pigtails. :lol

--

gdlk = godlike for people who hate vowels.

simtmb

corrosivefrost said:
That makes him more bad ass. He's so fuckin' badass he can wear pigtails. :lol

--

gdlk = godlike for people who hate vowels.

D:

I love my vowels.

Fine, the game is awesome and I'm loving it.

Pleasantly surprised with the story mode so far and the amount of content. I usually disregard anything other than vs/online/practice in fighters but not for this as the the other modes don't seem like a complete afterthought.

ant1532

Banned
I downloaded a save file from gamefaqs and i don't know how to put it on my ps3 so that the game recognizes the file.

I put it on a usb then inserted it into my ps3 then I copied the file but it didn't register... I'm kinda lost

Edgeward

ant1532 said:
I downloaded a save file from gamefaqs and i don't know how to put it on my ps3 so that the game recognizes the file.

I put it on a usb then inserted it into my ps3 then I copied the file but it didn't register... I'm kinda lost

You need to make a folder so that the ps3 can locate it

PS3->SAVEDATA->Folder->actual save file

The folder containing the file should be something like BMJS0006526263. Hopefully when you extract the file the gfaqs it's already done as so.

fernoca

ant1532 said:

File need to be saved on multiple folders:

PS3 > SAVEDATA > BLUS30522MK9PSET

Inside 'BLUS30522MK9PSET' all the data of the save file (file, pic, icon, etc.)will be inside.

Keep in mind that for copied save-files, you can't earn trophies; neither saves your progress.

ant1532 said:

I think you have to create a folder called "PS3" then within there create another folder called "SAVEDATA" (all caps) then put the folder (with its original name) that had the save data into the "SAVEDATA" folder.

led4lyfe

If I purchase the Tournament Edition from Bestbuy.com or Amazon.com I still get Reptile/Sub Zero costume as well as the Ermac one right?

fernoca

led4lyfe said:
If I purchase the Tournament Edition from Bestbuy.com or Amazon.com I still get Reptile/Sub Zero costume as well as the Ermac one right?
Ermac costume, yep.
Reptile was only for preorders of Amazon. (code was sent on an email)
Sub-Zero only came in regular editions of Best Buy. (code was on a card inside)

led4lyfe said:

Probably not. Amazon I'd say no for sure. While Ermac was with the TE, Reptile and Sub Zero were both pre-order bonuses. Maybe with Best Buy, if you went B&M you could get someone to give you extra codes if they still had some... my local GS used to do that if you bought soon after release and they had extra pre-order bonuses laying around.

fernoca

Yep, US, Canada and Europe handled preorders in a different ways. Like Gamestop gave away cards with the Scorpion-code, while US the code was in the receipt.

Amazon US only sent the codes for Reptile on emails while Amazon UK sent an email with 3 costumes. Best Buy only put Sub-zero on regular editions of the game.

Europe, in general gave 3 costumes per store.

Aske

led4lyfe said:

The promo is long over now because it was pre-order only. But theoretically, yes to Reptile from Amazon, and no to Sub-Zero from BestBuy. Reptile was a code e-mailed to every pre-order customer no matter which edition they bought, but Sub-Zero was on a card sealed inside a limited number of copies of the standard edition to be sold at Best Buy. BB didn't get a special version of the TE, and didn't supply any codes separately, unlike Gamestop and Amazon.

So there was no way to get Sub-Zero with a TE copy of the game, unless you bought a separate standard edition copy at launch. There may be some floating around, but it's likely that they're all sold out. Reptile is impossible to get from Amazon because the promotion has finished, and is likely sold out at Canadian Futureshop stores at this point too, where he was available in the same way as Sub-Zero: standard edition only.

led4lyfe

Ah alright. I was at walmart last week and noticed how Mileena and Ermac costumes were both in the Kollectors Edition and was hoping BB or Amazon would do the same with Reptile and Sub-Zero for the TE. Guess not.

RedStep

Aske said:
The promo is long over now because it was pre-order only. But theoretically, yes to Reptile from Amazon, and no to Sub-Zero from BestBuy. Reptile was a code e-mailed to every pre-order customer no matter which edition they bought, but Sub-Zero was on a card sealed inside a limited number of copies of the standard edition to be sold at Best Buy. BB didn't get a special version of the TE, and didn't supply any codes separately, unlike Gamestop and Amazon.

So there was no way to get Sub-Zero with a TE copy of the game, unless you bought a separate standard edition copy at launch. There may be some floating around, but it's likely that they're all sold out. Reptile is impossible to get from Amazon because the promotion has finished, and is likely sold out at Canadian Futureshop stores at this point too, where he was available in the same way as Sub-Zero: standard edition only.

Close; the TE that I ordered from BB did in fact have the Sub-Zero card inside. No sticker on the outside like the standard had, though.

fernoca said:
Yep, US, Canada and Europe handled preorders in a different ways. Like Gamestop gave away cards with the Scorpion-code, while US the code was in the receipt.

Amazon US only sent the codes for Reptile on emails while Amazon UK sent an email with 3 costumes. Best Buy only put Sub-zero on regular editions of the game.

Europe, in general gave 3 costumes per store.

Actually, the US Best Buy TE I received had the Ermac, Sub-Zero, MK themes, and avatar cards inside. So I got the classic fatality and costume for Sub-Zero as well as the classic Ermac skin.

fernoca

RedStep said:
Close; the TE that I ordered from BB did in fact have the Sub-Zero card inside. No sticker on the outside like the standard had, though.
djblackice said:
Actually, the US Best Buy TE I received had the Ermac, Sub-Zero, MK themes, and avatar cards inside. So I got the classic fatality and costume for Sub-Zero as well as the classic Ermac skin.
Seems you both were lucky, or they changed them after complaints. :p
Many that preordered the Kollector and the Tournament Edition at Best Buy (at least in the US) didn't get a code; since the website explicitly said that codes were only inside the standard editions.

Apparently during launch week, a flyer (the weekly shopper, though the shopper here made no mention of it) went out saying that every edition included them, but people that got them had no code inside. Some even went back to the store and ask if they could exchange the game inside for a regular copy with a code, but no luck.

EDIT:
Yep, just checked at the Best Buy forums and seems that not every copy from preorders came with the code. The avatars come in both kollector and tournament editions, no matter were you preorder. While the rep in there said all copies were supposed to include one, he wasn't sure at first.

Customer service reps on the phone seem to say that those versions weren't supposed to include a code. So when you call them, they'll just say that it wans't advertised. So you need to contact the reps from the forum to get a code.

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Can you find out the stage fatalities and the hidden finishing move without looking them up? I've completed all of the krypt.

fernoca

Nedjoe said:
Can you find out the stage fatalities and the hidden finishing move without looking them up? I've completed all of the krypt.
Yep, online, guides, etc. As far as inputs go, the Krypt only has the second fatality and the Kombat Kodes. Stage Fatalities, etc. are obtained/unlocked in the list by performing the move directly.

KevinCow

Banned
Oh, the clusterfuck that is store-exclusive preorder DLC. On top of being an inherently terrible idea, they can't even do it right.

Xevren said:
More into saying the same 5-10 phrases a billion times over. OMG EXPOOOOOOSED!11 SALTY!11

GET HYPE

Phew, completed the Challenge tower tonight. That last fight was a doozy, but still not as hard as some of the stupid tilting world ones or the goddamned noob/smoke fights.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Nemesis556 said:
Oh my fucking god.

I completed Challenge Tower. So satisfying. Nothing skipped.

The reward though, it's nowhere near as awesome as Boon claimed. Unless he's assuming we're all 12 now. >_>

Ehhhhhhh! I saw the video when Boon claimed that and it was solely that that pretty much sold me on the game. Wasn't amped before that. Little disappointed now.

fernoca

Gen X said:
Ehhhhhhh! I saw the video when Boon claimed that and it was solely that that pretty much sold me on the game. Wasn't amped before that. Little disappointed now.
Well, the reward is nice, nothing amazing or awesome, but lets face it; what's he supposed to say? "Don't worry the reward is not that awesome, so don't mind finishing the 300 challenges"... ? :p

Same way he said Kratos is the best character, has the best fatalities, etc..

It may be true or false depending on who you ask, but he can't undersell a product neither its contents.

fernoca said:
Well, the reward is nice, nothing amazing or awesome, but lets face it; what's he supposed to say? "Don't worry the reward is not that awesome, so don't mind finishing the 300 challenges"... ? :p

Same way he said Kratos is the best character, has the best fatalities, etc..

It may be true or false depending on who you ask, but he can't undersell a product neither its contents.
LOl I cant imagine a Developer saying: This is the latest installment of our game. Its shorter than the first 2 and we removed MP. But if you want to know how it ends, I suggest you buy it. If not buy the first 2. Oh almost forgot, no DLC.

EVAH!

fernoca

SixStringPsycho said:
Worst episode of Legacy ever! That animatic intro was like watching a 7 minute ladder ending! Is it going downhill for now? I hope not
:p
The intro lasts 40 seconds and the combined animation-bits of the entire episode lasts around 1 minute.

Booooo... :p

SixStringPsycho said:
LOl I cant imagine a Developer saying: This is the latest installment of our game. Its shorter than the first 2 and we removed MP. But if you want to know how it ends, I suggest you buy it. If not buy the first 2. Oh almost forgot, no DLC.

EVAH!
Exactly. They were talking about the Challenge Tower so he had to create hype around it, otherwise people were not even going to touch it. Granted, not many will after learning the reward..but hey, at least there are 2 trophies/achievements (3 for the entire tower) for it! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom