• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

By the way, where's flark?
After release haven't seen him around that much.

Anyone knows if Netherrealm got 3DS kits (finally) and a possible port for the 3DS?? :p

Xater

ToyBroker said:
Not only that, but there are hacked youtube videos out there already showing Skarlett and such.

So far all the DLC character seem to appear in the backgrounds of the game.

So I guess we can expect Skarlet, Fujin, Frost and Kenshi.

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:

Anyone knows if Netherrealm got 3DS kits (finally) and a possible port for the 3DS?? :p

They would need to build new assets of everything. Lower poly models, lower textures, backgrounds. Everything. Sounds like an outsource job.

Wonder what Avalanche Software is doing right now. They did the mk's for consoles for Midway.

mjc said:
Anyone have tips for challenge 275? It seems like I should just spam the hoist and uppercut.

Goro is more of a sucker for the Jump+2, uppercut combo exploit than Shao Kahn... you can mix that in if you like... I had good success with it until I had the shock of a single life bar with no health bonus on opponent down... then I dropped my jaw and controller and got waxed on the 3rd one. That's what I get for thinking "hey, I can practice my ermac combo!"

Sindel in her alt is pretty nice... she definitely has a better face than a lot of the cast.

Xater

fernoca said:

It's not really something to port easily. There is no official port of UE3 for the 3DS. I think Ubisoft got it to run somehow but I doubt it would deliver the performance you want from the game. This would mean they would have to build it from the ground up and I seriously doubt that. NGP version seems way more likely to me.

Interfectum

fernoca said:

Screw 3DS. I'd rather see a version on NGP. :)

fernoca

Well, yeah NGP version is a no brainer considering they having kits for quite some time. Just wondering if 3DS was in the plans, but forgot about that bit about the Unreal Engine. :p

GrayFoxPL

Houston3000 said:
Even the original Mortal Kombat wasn't 8-bit

It was on the game boy, game gear and the master system.

Lost Fragment said:

Oh man that brings back memories of obsessively playing super mortal kombat 3 turbo or something like that, wishing I could afford a 16bit machine.

You know what was awesome? If you did a special move that went forward as a last hit in the battle it went slow motion and you could hear the hit after hit cumulate. I remember trying to do the best and that was with Cage's shadow kick(that had no shadows) in the corner. It was 18 hits if I remember right. Good old poor days.

Hex

Banned
I can not beat Shao Khan in story mode.
Just pure SNK levels of super cheese going on and every time I have a pattern he goes into berserker mode and gets pissed off.

R2D4

Banned
Hex said:
Just pure SNK levels of super cheese going on and every time I have a pattern he goes into berserker mode and gets pissed off.

Teleport. Uppercut. He gets easier the more you have to retry. And all that other stuff already mentioned a million times.

Neuromancer said:
I'm not even going to look up screenshots. Those must look pretty gnarly.
mortal_kombat_ii_image_YuBTyBf0chm5RbN.jpg

The game boy version really wasn't bad.

GrayFoxPL

Hex said:

Nowhere near SNK bosses. With Shao Kahn is one rule - don't fight him head on. Jump over and do him from the back. He takes it like a bitch.

fernoca

Yep, on Game Boy:
MKI: Looked nice, but was slow and censored (no endings, no pit fatality, no Goro)

MKII: Looked nice, was fast and had stage fatalities..ehr..ity. (Only 2 stages, no endings, no Kintaro)

MK3: Looked badly compressed, but had versus pics, endings combos, and was even faster than MKII (no Motaro and only 9 characters)

MK4: Was a complete disaster. It had blood (only GB MK with blood)...looked horrible and fatalities were movies, which were so compressed you couldn't see anything.

Overall best one was MKII.

Raxus

I am nearly done with everyone in arcade ladder. Down to the last row of 4 (not counting the 2 secrets and sheeva who I have already cleared). Cyber sub zero is a beast for scrubs.

How do I use my alternate costumes?

Buttchin

fernoca said:
Yep, on Game Boy:
MKI: Looked nice, but was slow and censored (no endings, no pit fatality, no Goro)

MKII: Looked nice, was fast and had stage fatalities..ehr..ity. (Only 2 stages, no endings, no Kintaro)

MK3: Looked badly compressed, but had versus pics, endings combos, and was even faster than MKII (no Motaro and only 9 characters)

MK4: Was a complete disaster. It had blood (only GB MK with blood)...looked horrible and fatalities were movies, which were so compressed you couldn't see anything.

Overall best one was MKII.

will agree with that. ONly other thing needed mentioning is that MK2 only had 8 of the 12 characters

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
fernoca said:

Ha, this made me look it up, I didn't think the fatalites could be that bad, but if anything they are worse than you make it sound!

fernoca

Hilbert said:
Ha, this made me look it up, I didn't think the fatalites could be that bad, but if anything they are worse than you make it sound!
Yeah. And the added colors on a Game Boy color made it look even worse. To think I even preordered it. :(

Raxus

Irish said:
Just remember, you have to go to the Nekropolis and select the character to finish the unlocking process.
I got the achievement I just couldn't figure out how to switch the costumes.

Raxus

corrosivefrost said:
I wish I had something else to spend these koins on... I suppose I could just buy my way out of the challenge tower.
If you want the achievement you need to beat every challenge. Sorry.

Frankfurt

Banned
Tried to flawless Shang. He kept taking 1-5% in some way. By the 12th try or so, he magically becomes hard (first time ever) and fucking DESTROYS me. I'm talking "you can't do shit son, just watch and weep" mind-reading + combos and juggles. So I can't retry for the flawless anymore. So I figure i'll go for Cyber Sub's ending. As I fight him after the loss, he just sits there and takes it.

Flawless victory.

Son of a bitch! And to top it off, when I finish the game, the endings has no sound. I go to the Nekropolis to see it with audio, and... No audio. Again.

Raxus said:

I'm sure, but I could use the koins to unlock all the challenges first so I can complete them in any order? It's all I have left that costs koins... i have over 200k... it's driving me nuts! :(

GrayFoxPL

Guys, your one favorite x-ray and one thing you dislike?

Mine:

Quan The Man Chi X-Ray. The movement ant twist of the arms is just too hilarious. Twist, snap!

The bad: The Krypt is just cumbersome and slow to use. Old simple grid was much better and notation meant something.

Raxus

Frankfurt said:
Tried to flawless Shang. He kept taking 1-5% in some way. By the 12th try or so, he magically becomes hard (first time ever) and fucking DESTROYS me. I'm talking "you can't do shit son, just watch and weep" mind-reading + combos and juggles. So I can't retry for the flawless anymore. So I figure i'll go for Cyber Sub's ending. As I fight him after the loss, he just sits there and takes it.

Flawless victory.

Son of a bitch! And to top it off, when I finish the game, the endings has no sound. I go to the Nekropolis to see it with audio, and... No audio. Again.
I got the same thing. I have no idea wtf happened there. Oh well, shit ending anyway.
For an easy Flawless on Shang just pick Sheeva, when the fight starts you must throw him asap. If you do he lays on the ground and you can stomp him until the cows come home. As long as you fatality everything (including Shang) you should get the classic Jade fight.

Frankfurt

Banned
Oh, and Cyber Sub's fatalities are the shittiest fatalities i've ever seen. Worse than Kabal's old ones, even. Granted, i barely touched the post-UMK3 games, but...

What were they thinking, having Sub-Zero sit on people's dicks and throw tiny shurikens?

I hadn't minded turning Sub, my favorite character into a cyborg, but those are some lame fatalities.

Irish

GrayFoxPL said:
The bad: The Krypt is just cumbersome and slow to use. Old simple grid was much better and notation meant something.

Agreed. and the content contained within is pretty disappointing.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Raxus said:

I know you mean the beat the tower achivement, but there's still another achivement for getting the reward, which you unlock even with buying out the tower.

Papercuts said:
I know you mean the beat the tower achivement, but there's still another achivement for getting the reward, which you unlock even with buying out the tower.

Would also allow me to complete the test your might/sight/strike cheeses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom