• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Papercuts said:
I know you mean the beat the tower achivement, but there's still another achivement for getting the reward, which you unlock even with buying out the tower.
It was more of an FYI so people remember what challenges to go back on. Frankly, you have nothing to spend your cash on after you got 100% on the krypt. You can use the coins to skip alot of annoying challenges instead.

Got the achievements for beating Arcade on Expert without using a continue and the one from Test Your Luck. I think the only single player achievement I'm missing is Jade's which I'm not looking forward to. Tried it once a week back and Shang would just get me with the lamest hit every time. I'm going to try out the Shiva Forward throw thing but it doesn't work consistently so it probably will be a waste of time. Might be able to get it just spamming the tele-stomp. So long as he doesn't more into someone with a vertical teleport...

Can't wait to finish this so I can at last start training with one character to get really good.

Fox Mulder

oh my fucking god..

I was having trouble with challenge 101 in the tower, where you use baraka and mileena and the four face buttons for attacks. So I fucking kept failing because of mileena's aerial attack timing, and eventually notice
only the black shirts jump
. GODDAMNIT! So fucking obvious...and evil.

I have to ask again. Did anyone email Prima about the replacement cards and did they get some kind of confirmation email? I didn't yet and I'm wondering if it's because I didn't include my email address IN the email. Hopefully that doesn't matter...

fernoca

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I have to ask again. Did anyone email Prima about the replacement cards and did they get some kind of confirmation email? I didn't yet and I'm wondering if it's because I didn't include my email address IN the email. Hopefully that doesn't matter...
A friend emailed them, and he says he never got any confirmation. Their blog still hasn't updated since that post, so guess the cards are not ready yet.

The post says:
Please be patient with us as we print and ship the new cards. You can request them now, and we will notify you as soon as we have a definite delivery date.
So it seems they'll notify people when they have them ready.

Did anyone see the post over at SRK with the videos of Cyrax/Sektor MK3 costumes and Fujin as possible DLC? Didn't see it posted in the last few pages, not sure if I missed it.

Weenerz

Banned
Yea, it was posted. I can't wait for some DLC characters for this game, the developers earned my money with how good this game is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
bkfount said:
oh my fucking god..

I was having trouble with challenge 101 in the tower, where you use baraka and mileena and the four face buttons for attacks. So I fucking kept failing because of mileena's aerial attack timing, and eventually notice
only the black shirts jump
. GODDAMNIT! So fucking obvious...and evil.

That one pissed me off, haha.
I thought one of them had no arms or something, and that was the one that always jumped...been awhile.
You start so close together and don't have enough time to get a pattern down before you die, I retried it atleast 15 times before I noticed that, and it was annoying having to rewatch mileena and baraka do all 4 attacks each time.

fernoca

Rattles said:
can you not practise babality's in the fatality trainer?
Nope.
Probably because you need to do something (i.e. not block) to be able to perform it, and are not listed anywhere in the game, until you perform them during a match.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Gootecks said:
If you wanna play me and mike in mk9 we made a room called crosscountertv. On xbl gogogo
Join the Crosscounter MK room!

Weenerz

Banned
fernoca said:
Nope.
Probably because you need to do something (i.e. not block) to be able to perform it, and are not listed anywhere in the game, until you perform them during a match.

Are you sure you can't block to be able to perform them? I block every round I am in and I can do them.

Rattles

Weenerz said:
Are you sure you can't block to be able to perform them? I block every round I am in and I can do them.
Maybe it's grab. Sometimes it won't let me do them so i just keep my fingers off the triggers.

fernoca

Weenerz said:
Let's see...starting the game now. :p

(Kitana in Ladder)

Block:
1. Blocked both rounds and worked.

Grab:
2. Grabbed on Round 1, but no Round 2 and worked.
3. Grabbed on both rounds and worked.

Hmmm..still testing...

4. Did X-Rays, Enhanced and counters on fourth match...and worked.
5. Same...
6. Lost 1st Round on purpose other 2 rounds doing everything..and worked.
7. Same as #5
8. Same as #7

Graffgor said:
That screamer made me shit a brick.

heard the footsteps, never saw him.

3 goros down. up to 286 now. bought my way through the rest just to get the unlocks/trophies and still have over 170k in koins. :lol

Squall ASF said:
Got the achievements for beating Arcade on Expert without using a continue and the one from Test Your Luck. I think the only single player achievement I'm missing is Jade's which I'm not looking forward to. Tried it once a week back and Shang would just get me with the lamest hit every time. I'm going to try out the Shiva Forward throw thing but it doesn't work consistently so it probably will be a waste of time. Might be able to get it just spamming the tele-stomp. So long as he doesn't more into someone with a vertical teleport...

Can't wait to finish this so I can at last start training with one character to get really good.

Who did you use for the expert ladder no continues?
I have that and the 300 challenge single player trophies left. :(
I can get to Shao Kahn using the Sheeva throw > stomp trick, but Shao Kahn always beasts on me. Open to suggestions for my second -- I've tried Smoke and Scorpion and gotten close, but not gotten it yet.

As for Shang Tsung, you could try the Sheeva trick, but you need to be on a higher difficulty (in my experience) to get the glitch to occur.
When I did it, I was using smoke and accidentally picked scorpion on the rematch... the best thing I can say is keep your distance, duck his fireball, spear, combo, stay ducking, spear, combo, repeat.

First time I loaded the Krypt he never appeared for 15 minutes, quit out and went back in, about 1 second after I started moving he appeared, all that time I was ready for him to shock me but not 1 second in! lol

TheHakku said:
Tag ladder could help out. It works.

Also, there's no screamer warning like footsteps.

I could hear footsteps all around me at points, but I always exited the crypt before anything ever popped up.

--

I've been doing Tag ladder on expert and it doesn't help. Shao Kahn still murders me. Who is the easiest person to cheese the hell out of him with? I'm half thinking Stryker, after taking out 3 Shao Kahns using the gunshot move.

Nome

Just do what I do and turn off the sound when you go to the Krypt. It's actually quite comical when it pops up without sound.

Degen

Vormund said:
The very first time I went to the krypt I got the screamer.
i pretty much scanned the whole perimeter just looking at the different zones on my first "visit." i managed to look at the last area for about ten seconds and BAM

the next day, it took about 45 seconds lol

fernoca

Awesome!
Pacquiao-Mosley is sponsored by Mortal Kombat! (?) XD

rWTBk.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Degen said:
i pretty much scanned the whole perimeter just looking at the different zones on my first "visit." i managed to look at the last area for about ten seconds and BAM

the next day, it took about 45 seconds lol
I managed to unlock everything and didn't see it once

Saw some of the DLC videos. Spoiler tagging just incase!

Classic Cyrax is so bad ass! Glad they decided to add more classic costumes. What is the point of that DLC character with the weird ass winning pose? Other than that, what are they also including for DLC?

fernoca

Shadowlink said:
Saw some of the DLC videos. Spoiler tagging just incase!

Classic Cyrax is so bad ass! Glad they decided to add more classic costumes. What is the point of that DLC character with the weird ass winning pose? Other than that, what are they also including for DLC?
Nothing to tell at the moment.
Everything points to the leaked video being a hack of the Xbox 360 version, not actual DLC that was leaked. For all we know it's redundant data that they left on the disc either on purpose or because they forgot about it. Like Skarlett; she's there, but incomplete.

The only thing they've said about DLC is that Kenshi and Skarlett will be in the first wave of DLC.

fernoca said:
Nothing to tell at the moment.
Everything points to the leaked video being a hack of the Xbox 360 version, not actual DLC that was leaked. For all we know it's redundant data that they left on the disc either on purpose or because they forgot about it. Like Skarlett; she's there, but incomplete.

The only thing they've said about DLC is that Kenshi and Skarlett will be in the first wave of DLC.
Oh! Hopefully
classic Cyrax is real.
I'd be using that
costume
to kick some online ass any day! :D

fernoca

Shadowlink said:
Oh! Hopefully
classic Cyrax is real.
I'd be using that
costume
to kick some online ass any day! :D
Yeah it was awesome and looked nice, so let's (wait and) see. The original leaked files hinted at other retro-costumes for the ninja-ladies.

Hope everything's sorted on the PSN soon.

mjc

Alright...I'm on challenge 300. Should I just let myself lose 10-15 times so my health bar regens after each fight?

fernoca said:
Yeah it was awesome and looked nice, so let's (wait and) see. The original leaked files hinted at other retro-costumes for the ninja-ladies.

Hope everything's sorted on the PSN soon.
Same! Still haven't redeemed my classic reptile costume. :(

Carnby

fernoca said:
:p

Yep, also lost on purpose 1 round, and so on. Still all Babalities.

In MK2, in order to perform a Babality, you could not use a punch button. Maybe that's the stipulation.

Shakala

So I originally planned to use Scorpion as my main character (because he's obviously badass) until I looked at his *****s. I was disappointed at how easy they looked compared to others and can't help but feel like he's cheap :(
Still love him though

EDIT: Apparently, combos with a k is filtered?

jaekwon15 said:
In MK2, in order to perform a Babality, you could not use a punch button. Maybe that's the stipulation.

Doubt it. I'm an abuser of jump+2, uppercut. 95 percent of my arcade runs on beginner dealt with all challengers (save Shao Kahn) this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom