• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakala

Rattles said:
Nice avatar :)
Thanks! :)

GrayFoxPL said:
Nah Scorpion isn't cheap. I'm actually surprised that Scorpion and Sub are balanced, not broken and not God tier considering Scorp is Boon's favorite character.
So go for it.
Btw what do you think about his alt outfit? Looks kind of modern for me.

Shame we probably don't get Fujin soon. I'd like him more then any DLC character announced. Base him of MK4 please NeatherRealm Studios!
I'm not really fond of his alternate myself. I usually stick to his main or MK1 outfit.

scorpion's alt > scorpions normal
classic is probably better than both, though I don't know about the classic since I can't select it...
my only irritation with the alt is that the swords magically change to normal costume's swords during fatality. probably happens with classic too. :( another oops like reptiles acid spit in his classic costume, it seems.

Irish

I'm not a big fan of Scorpion's alt myself. It just seems extremely plain. Not simple, which is a way of designing things that I like, but just plain.

Shakala

One cool thing I noticed about Noob (which I'm sure others have) is that when he uses his one of his shadow clone attacks, his shadow on the ground disappears

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shakala said:
One cool thing I noticed about Noob (which I'm sure others have) is that when he uses his one of his shadow clone attacks, his shadow on the ground disappears
I love little details like this in games.

Quan Chi is so fucking out of place in this game. Why did they feel the need to include him?

Does Ed Boon have that much of a hard-on for him? He's the only character post-MKIII that's in the game.

Why?

Irish

CartridgeBlower said:
Quan Chi is so fucking out of place in this game. Why did they feel the need to include him?

Does Ed Boon have that much of a hard-on for him? He's the only character post-MKIII that's in the game.

Why?

Really? I think he fits in quite nicely. He's also one of my favorite characters. Trust me, I used to hate the guy, so this is a pretty is surprise to myself as well.

CartridgeBlower said:

Why?
Because he's awesome.

Nemesis_

CartridgeBlower said:

Why?

I think because narratively speaking he fits in quite well to the events, having had a lot to do with Sub Zero before the first game and being pretty much the guy responsible for Scorpion.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Slamtastic said:
It's Mortal Kombat, dude.

Seriously I have never seen so many things jumping into and popping out of holes in space-time in my life as I have seen in MK. Chell would get motion sick watching an MK game.

Quan Chi bends dimensions to his will and summons a vortex JUST TO TURN THE FUCK AROUND.

These people were born with wormholes up their bums.

fernoca

The thing's that even in the original games/cannon Quan Chi was always there.
Granted it was retconned after his introduction in Mythologies/MK4 (he being in Netherrealm with Scorpion, he helping Shang Tsung with the plans to resurrect Sindel, he killing Scorpion's family and putting the blame on Sub-Zero), but seeing he has ties to most of the characters, it was expected for him to introduce him in this game.

The only "big change" introduced in this game was he competing in the tournament, but I saw that as him trying to pass as an "ordinary fighter and feign alliances to hide his true intentions".

Kaijima said:
Seriously I have never seen so many things jumping into and popping out of holes in space-time in my life as I have seen in MK. Chell would get motion sick watching an MK game.

Quan Chi bends dimensions to his will and summons a vortex JUST TO TURN THE FUCK AROUND.

Hahaha XD

fernoca

Yeah, all the characters that have teleports in this game, had them in the original ones.

Liu Kang was the only one I though was going to have a teleport now, but turned out he just uses it in between rounds, when he's too close to the other player; so is not an actual move.

And many do because many started as pallette-swapped ninjas, sharing moves from Scorpion.

Shakala said:
I always fail to see details like that. Thanks for pointing it out, now I can go and appreciate it.
Another cool detail is when you play a tag match and you knock out the first opponent, they will fall off the screen in different ways depending on the stage. On The Pit they fall down screaming, they actually fall into the Deadpool, and get knocked away by a car on the Street.

Shin_Kojima said:
I always fail to see details like that. Thanks for pointing it out, now I can go and appreciate it.
Another cool detail is when you play a tag match and you knock out the first opponent, they will fall off the screen in different ways depending on the stage. On The Pit they fall down screaming, they actually fall into the Deadpool, and get knocked away by a car on the Street.
While doing a fatality on The Pit, limbs and such will actually fall off the sides as opposed to splattering on the ground like they normally would in other levels.

Nemesis_

I've seen two of the hidden combatants.
Reptile and Smoke

But I cannot for the life of me pull off the requirements to see
Jade
which is really pissing me off. =(

Nedjoe

Neo Member
Nemesis556 said:
Reptile and Smoke

Jade

I've heard some people have had luck spamming sheevas stomp jump on the easiest difficulty. I managed to do it with an easy Liu Kang combo. Whenever he morphed into someone with a good wake up attack I would just backdash and jump.

GG's today btw :)

Nemesis556 said:
Reptile and Smoke

Jade

I've faced
Noob Saibot
in the church a couple of times.... but jesus christ he's fuckin hard.

Darklord

Banned
Is there anyway for 2 people on the same console to join a king of the hill game? It seems to be greyed out but I don't get why...

Took about two hours total but I finally beat Shao Kahn in story. What a cheap little man. Started off with just wailing on him like I would a normal fight and then switched to teleports and uppercuts. Finally beat him when I remembered I had a lightning bolt I could send his way when he stands up.

I know there's always that final boss who's extremely tough but I really enjoyed the story mode up until this part. I would replay it sooner if it wasn't for the Kahn fights I think. Still, even with the cheese this is one of the best stories I've seen in a game in a while. This and Portal 2 has fulfilled my fun SP for a long time.

eshwaaz

Kaijima said:

This actually made me laugh out loud - hilarious.

GrayFoxPL

Kaijima said:

Haha, best mk post ever! Quan's da Man!

I did my first set of babalities today. So awesome. Cage omg.

Babalities > Fatalities

Also interesting - cpu can play Baraka quite good.

BurningNad

It's been said plenty of times but I have to repeat it (now that I'm able to), this OP is awesome. Good job.

I'm nearly finished with the challenge tower... up to 255ish or so. Need to get some endings then all single player kontent will be complete. And then the wait for PSN to come up shall commence.

Chairhome

GrayFoxPL said:
Haha, best mk post ever! Quan's da Man!

I did my first set of babalities today. So awesome. Cage omg.

Babalities > Fatalities

Also interesting - cpu can play Baraka quite good.
Yeah, whoever had the awesome idea of kind of combining friendships and babalities should be commended.

GrayFoxPL

GillianSeed79 said:
So are stage fatalaties unlocked in the krypt? And how do you select a character's alt after ulocking them and going to the necropolis?

The notations are unlocked in the crypt. You can do them blind. Alt outfit is start on character select then costume 2.

Frankfurt

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
The notations are unlocked in the crypt. You can do them blind. Alt outfit is start on character select then costume 2.

Stage fatalities are not all in the Krypt. I have the 100% achievement for the Krypt, even got the 4 secret chests after the achievement, and I still have loads of locked stage fatality commands.

I don't even recall seeing any stage fatality in the Krypt, in fact.

fernoca

Yep. Stage Fatalities and Babalities are not in the Krypt.
The only way to unlock them in the moves-list is to either be really lucky and do them without knowing the actual command, or just look for them online. :p

SapientWolf said:
I love little details like this in games.

Another one I thought was cool. If you reflect Noob's clone as Nightwolf he runs off into the background of the level, like you scared him off or something. Many lulz were had the first time I saw that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom