• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
Yep. Stage Fatalities and Babalities are not in the Krypt.
The only way to unlock them in the moves-list is to either be really lucky and do them without knowing the actual command, or just look for them online. :p

Stage fatalities are in the krypt, no babalities though.

ToyBroker

Banned
warpaint said:
picked this up today. only played around with smoke so abit he seems a good one to spent time with to learn move's

Ya he's not bad.

He's heavily "timing" based...so good luck using him online.

Since I'm playing the PS3 version I haven't been able to play online, but can anyone comment as to how hard the Outstanding! trophy is to get?

derFeef said:
Are those commentators on the stream for real? cancer jokes?
Always hit or miss with commentators on MK, not enough of them know enough about it like street fighter 4 so they end up talking about other things.

Beardz

Draft said:
OMG.

How do you beat Shao Khan in story mode?

Wait for the hammer throw, teleport, combo or uppercut.

If he is near to you, wait for the shoulder charge, block, jump behind him air kick.

Repeat until hi is dead.

fernoca

GrayFoxPL said:
I only remember unlocking the secondary fatalities and alt costumes, aside kombat codes, art and music..don't remember unlocking inputs for stage fatalities.

The Krypt-FAQs I've checked made no mention of them neither, might have to check the game later.

Crewnh said:
Just curious but does anyone know where Ed Boon said the Mortal Kombat movie theme was too cheesy for this game?
Well, keep in mind that the movie theme was not from the movies, but from a soundtrack inspired by the game; then used in the movies. Don't know if there are copyrights and stuff that don't let them use it.

And the only thing I remember him saying was that they used it for the game, but it didn't fit. Same thing the ones making the third movie back then said, and that they were working on a newer version. Don't know if he actually said "cheesy". :p

Frankfurt

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:

Stage fatalities are not in the Krypt. I'm over 100% in the Krypt (all areas at 100%, plus 4 hidden chests found), i got the 100% achivement, and my stage fatalities are still "locked". They're not there.

fernoca

Guess Draft is fighting the first Shao Kahn.. :p

EDIT:
And yep, just checked in the game and Stage Fatalities are not in the Krypt/Nekropolis.

SuperBonk said:
Liu Kang can beat Shao Kahn by just spamming low fireball the whole time.

I think every fighter with a fast projectile can beat Shao Kahn by spamming it. I flawless'd Shao Kahn with Stryker by using his gunshot move.

Brannon

I've beaten him by doing Liu Kang's bicycle kick every time he laughs, and ducking his spear. That boss is designed to be cheesed.

SuperBonk

Ninja Scooter said:
I think every fighter with a fast projectile can beat Shao Kahn by spamming it. I flawless'd Shao Kahn with Stryker by using his gunshot move.
Pretty much. That's how I got past the "Beat 3 Shao Kahn's with Stryker" challenge. Raiden's projectile is way too slow though.

Majmun

GuessWho said:
can I just say that I love this game. I really really do. That is all.

Yes. Best fighting game this gen. IMO.

The characters are so fun. Especially Noob and Ermac.

BurningNad

Second said:
The characters are so fun. Especially Noob and Ermac.

Agreed. NRS did an amazing job at making pretty much all of the characters just plain cool compared to some older iterations, if not badass.

BurningNad said:
Agreed. NRS did an amazing job at making pretty much all of the characters just plain cool compared to some older iterations, if not badass.

if compared to anything post UMK3, that's not saying much. but yeah I agree

After about a week and 1500 profanities shouted out later, I finished all of the challenge tower. I never thought I would finish it, as I usually have little patience for shit like this. But for some reason I kept coming back to it. Feels good, but hot damn what a unsatisfying "reward" for all that shit you have to do. Is this Boon and co.'s idea of a troll?

Granted I liked the how random and different the challenges were laid out, but at least throw in something besides one character's alt costume (and lame one at that.) If they threw in the MK3 "Mall-Cop" Stryker costume, I'd be all set.

Hasenfeffer said:
After about a week and 1500 profanities shouted out later, I finished all of the challenge tower. I never thought I would finish it, as I usually have little patience for shit like this. But for some reason I kept coming back to it. Feels good, but hot damn what a unsatisfying "reward" for all that shit you have to do. Is this Boon and co.'s idea of a troll?

Granted I liked the how random and different the challenges were laid out, but at least throw in something besides one character's alt costume (and lame one at that.) If they threw in the MK3 "Mall-Cop" Stryker costume, I'd be all set.
Been wanting Stryker's burrito outfit for a while. I'm semi missing his Uzis

Oook. F this game... shit.

I know it's easy to everyone else. But damn, I'm a newb at MK and they force me to fight Scorpion and Quan chi with a character I never played... ugh fuck those guys. I can barely kill cheap mofo ass scorpion by myself. Let alone two guys and do it twice. I think I'm done with the story mode now.

ezekial45

Banned
Darknessbear said:

I know it's easy to everyone else. But damn, I'm a newb at MK and they force me to fight Scorpion and Quan chi with a character I never played... ugh fuck those guys. I can barely kill cheap mofo ass scorpion by myself. Let alone two guys and do it twice. I think I'm done with the story mode now.

Yeah, it was pretty tough. You just have to keep at it. The Bicycle Kick and flying kick are very effective.

Irish

Darknessbear said:

Always remember to block in the 2v1 fights.

I know it sounds like a:

protip.jpg

but it really helps and a lot of people, myself included, forget to do it because the 1v1s are so damn easy.

ezekial45 said:
Yeah, it was pretty tough. You just have to keep at it. The Bicycle Kick and flying kick are very effective.
Irish said:
Always remember to block in the 2v1 fights.

I know it sounds like a:

but it really helps and a lot of people, myself included, forget to do it because the 1v1s are so damn easy.
Alright. It's just nerve wracking blocking when you are fighting two guys. Does the AI grab often? They sure seem to love blocking every damn move I do.

Darknessbear said:
Alright. It's just nerve wracking blocking when you are fighting two guys. Does the AI grab often? They sure seem to love blocking every damn move I do.

Whenever you see them blocking a lot while up close, just throw their ass (unless facing against the bosses.) Definitely good at chipping away at their life bar.

fernoca

Darknessbear said:

Well, it was the first time also to everyone else, so just relax and enjoy..and keep trying. Try to learn the character, play around with him/her.

If you still have problems with that fight, go to practice or Ladder and play with the character.

There are more difficult fights, if you find some exploit/spam/cheap way to defeat them; then go for it. Just have fun. ;)

big_z

got the game tonight and man the 360 controller is fucking me up. stupid squishy d-pad, doing a breaker 3 times in the tutorial was a nightmare. are those silver 360 pads with the twisty dpads any good?

Draft said:
OMG.

How do you beat Shao Khan in story mode?

jump over him, punching on the way down and then do an uppercut. do this over and over.
you can spam projectiles from a distance but some times he's a dick with the hammer. however when he's not he'll just stand there taking hits or blocking which gives you time to build specialty meter.

LordAlu

big_z said:
are those silver 360 pads with the twisty dpads any good? .
They're better but they're still not brilliant. I have one and was still having trouble with some of the challenge tower, such as the waves of zombies coming at you. I couldn't get the moves required out reliably even with it. Switched over to my trusty SFIV pad and had no problem whatsoever.

Carnby

I was told this game had 8 stage fatalities.

I was disappointed to learn that The Pit (Day) and The Pit (Night) are considered as different stage fatalities. Oi.

I was browsing in the Extras menu and saw a video for scorpions fatality. The one they showed is new for me and isnt in the final game. Would love to see it become a DLC Fatality for him. Also saw an animation he did when he fell to the ground. But never seen that too in the game.

I was disappointed to learn that The Pit (Day) and The Pit (Night) are considered as different stage fatalities. Oi.
The pit has 2 fatalities? Didnt knew that. thought they were the same. Also where did you heard there were 8 fatalities? It has more than 8, but if you meant per Character, then wow.

fernoca

jaekwon15 said:

??? :p
Stages is one thing, stage fatalities is another. There are 24 (+Kratos') stages, not counting day/night variants. You can perform a stage fatality on The Pit (Night), which sends them to The Pit Bottom. You can't perform a stage fatality in the Bottom,.

There are only 6 stages fatalities (9 if you count the 3 you can do on Kratos' stage):

1. The Deadpool: Sends the opponent to the acid-bath.
2. The Living Forest: Sends the opponent to a tree that eats half of the opponent.
3. Netherrealm: Grabs the opponent and puts his/her face on lava.
4. The Pit: Sends the opponent to the bottom-spikes.
5. The Street: Throws the opponent to an upcoming car, which blows the head of him/her
6. The Subway: Smashes the opponent's face into a passing train then throws him/her to the opposite passing train.

EDIT: mixed things. Yep, you can perform stage-fatality during day, still counted in the "6 stage-fatalities".

KevinCow

Banned
SixStringPsycho said:
The pit has 2 fatalities? Didnt knew that. thought they were the same. Also where did you heard there were 8 fatalities? It has more than 8, but if you meant per Character, then wow.

Uh. Reread his post. I think you completely misinterpreted everything he said.

fernoca said:
??? :p
Stages is one thing, stage fatalities is another. There are 24 (+Kratos') stages, not counting day/night variants. You can perform a stage fatality on The Pit (Night), which sends them to The Pit Bottom. You can't perform a stage fatality in the Bottom, neither in the day variant (which the OT doesn't mention, so guess I'll fix that; but still...)

There are only 6 stages fatalities (9 if you count the 3 you can do on Kratos' stage):

1. The Deadpool: Sends the opponent to the acid-bath.
2. The Living Forest: Sends the opponent to a tree that eats half of the opponent.
3. Netherrealm: Grabs the opponent and puts his/her face on lava.
4. The Pit: Sends the opponent to the bottom-spikes.
5. The Street: Throws the opponent to an upcoming car, which blows the head of him/her
6. The Subway: Smashes the opponent's face into a passing train then throws him/her to the opposite passing train.

Someone told him there were 8 stage fatalities. The person who told him that counted The Pit (Night) and The Pit (Day) as separate fatalities, increasing the count by 1. He was disappointed when he realized that there were not 8 stage fatalities like he was told, but 7.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. I'm half asleep and thought the way he said it was perfectly clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom