• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankfurt

Banned
robot said:
Questions probably been answered a million times, but are you able to do a characters second fatality even if it hasn't been unlocked in the crypt yet? I can't seem to pull off Jades second, but am able to do stage fatalities and her babality.

Yes, you can do everything without unlocking it (besides the classic fatalities, that is).

Nice avatar, by the way.

sleepykyo

Someone mentioned that you're supposed to eat the string, but it seemed like trying to jumping up didn't work. Hindsight and what not, but it still seemed like milking that bomb trap was Joe's best shot.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
bomb trap is cheap. i dunno if u can escape it or not but it would have to be char specific if anything. u cant jump

Bumped into Ed Boon today. I was able to take a moment of his time to chat him up and he signed my copy of Mortal Kombat (the silver sharpie is hard to read in the photo). The man is a class act.
ThQ4S.jpg

U Jelly?

Hex

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
Bumped into Ed Boon today. I was able to take a moment of his time to chat him up and he signed my copy of Mortal Kombat (the silver sharpie is hard to read in the photo). The man is a class act.
ThQ4S.jpg

U Jelly?

Hell yes I Jelly.
Good stuff!

Carnby

a Master Ninja said:

U Jelly?

Ironically he wrote "finish him" on the T-Rated game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Skel said:
Teleport and Uppercut anytime he taunts or throws his hammer.
Best strat to win in my opinion.
Not for a scrub player it isn't. If you screw up the execution you'll end up eating an X-Ray or another one of his cheapass combos.

a Master Ninja said:
"Hey Mike
FINISH HIM!!
Ed Boon"

He asked me what to write, I shrugged, so he went with an old standby. I thanked him and suggested he make a sequel to Shaolin Monks.

So you randomly bumped into him and so happend to have both your copies of mortal kombat on you? Im confused.

ithorien

Outtrigger888 said:
So you randomly bumped into him and so happend to have both your copies of mortal kombat on you? Im confused.

You don't carry all your MK games with you at all times? I thought everyone did.

Outtrigger888 said:
I got the copy of MKvsDCU signed a while back. Today I randomly saw Mr. Boon at a store that sold games, talked to him a bit, asked him if he would sign a copy of the game, ripped the shrink wrap off a copy sitting on the shelf, then bought said copy.

Neki

a Master Ninja said:
I got the copy of MKvsDCU signed a while back. Today I randomly saw Mr. Boon at a store that sold games, ripped the shrink wrap off a copy of the game, had him sign it, then bought said copy.
I like the way you operate. Get it signed first, buy later.

a Master Ninja said:
I got the copy of MKvsDCU signed a while back. Today I randomly saw Mr. Boon at a store that sold games, talked to him a bit, asked him if he would sign a copy of the game, ripped the shrink wrap off a copy sitting on the shelf, then bought said copy.

Story still doesnt add up most stores dont have shrink wrapped copies on the shelf.... anyway congrats on stalk....running into ed

Outtrigger888 said:
Story still doesnt add up most stores dont have shrink wrapped copies on the shelf.... anyway congrats on stalk....running into ed
A kind sales associate found me a sharpie and took the plastic security case off when I told him I wanted to get the autograph from the "creator of Mortal Kombat".

I have to imagine that Ed Boon doesn't get recognized that much outside of stuff like E3, and he seemed like a genuinely nice man.

OMG! Holy shit just beat Challenge #269 with 3 Shao Kahns. Just kept spamming him with far away shots. And jumped his hammer and Blocked his spear until I finished each of them the same way. Took me a couple of tries though. Funny thing that happened and wished I had a camera recording, is that on the second Shao Kahn I spammed him continuously without letting him do anything and stopped for a second and taunted: "You suck!" I laughed so fucking hard, it felt like he was talking to me and was pissed.

So is there a resource that anyone knows of to help locate local MK tournaments? I used to use allisbrawl to find Smash Bros tourneys, and I was hoping that the was something similar set up for this.

Malice215

HeresSomeWeapons said:
So is there a resource that anyone knows of to help locate local MK tournaments? I used to use allisbrawl to find Smash Bros tourneys, and I was hoping that the was something similar set up for this.

Go here. http://testyourmight.com/forum/

Vids of today's tournament should be up around 2am here since the connection at the venue got throttled. http://www.youtube.com/jaxelrod

And Blaze who was the white kid who tried to commentate and who's swagga level is at -1 was cool. I can't wait to go back to watch the video.

HeresSomeWeapons said:

The regional forums at SRK? Most SSFIV and MvC3 tournaments also run MK.

JABEE

I've been playing this game this weekend and I'd just like to say that it is really good. The story mode is really nicely put together.

JazzmanZ

I played this game at a friend of mines house and its been a really long time since i've played a Mortal kombat game (in fact I think the last time I played one was during the SEGA genisis days!) I really like how the fatalities in this game are handeled and are grusome, althrough it doesn't have that same feeling I did with the first one.

My favourite one is when the foe gets shrunk and stepped on. :p

Althrough I'm a bit saddened I didn't see any Babyallities or Animalities this time around.

So what's the deal with the boss characters? They just take some of the hits without responding so it seems really random whether my attacks will actually effect them or not. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to fight someone who shrugs off my attacks and immediately counters ~75% of the time.

Wow, FUCK CHALLENGE #160

Haven't skipped a challenge yet, but that is just one BS challenge

And the one after it looks to be just a bigger pain just cause of who I have to fight

lazybones18 said:
Wow, FUCK CHALLENGE #160

Haven't skipped a challenge yet, but that is just one BS challenge

And the one after it looks to be just a bigger pain just cause of who I have to fight
Is that the one where you have to
do the enhanced bicycle kick
?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I believe the bosses have super armor (Capcom style) on their attacks. So if they're executing an attack when you hit them, they'll flash and push through your attack even though they take damage.

The bosses are basically suckers for being baited - baited into suffering a juggle from the rear, baited into taunting, allowing you to just jump in and do whatever.

Aselith

a Master Ninja said:
ThQ4S.jpg

U Jelly?

It's about time for another "free to a good home" giveaway, isn't it?

KevinCow

Banned
lazybones18 said:
Yeah, I gotta start learning to do enhanced moves sometimes :/

Enhanced moves just seem so expensive for what they do. They do like 5% more damage at best, and a lot of them are extremely situational. They rarely seem worth a third of your X-Ray.

KevinCow said:
Enhanced moves just seem so expensive for what they do. They do like 5% more damage at best, and a lot of them are extremely situational. They rarely seem worth a third of your X-Ray.
Sometimes they have other beneficial effects though. Smokes enhanced invisibility makes him truly invisible, and his enhanced smokebomb has a bigger hitbox so it's easier to use in combos.

scoobs

KevinCow said:
thats really it, they are very situational but sometimes they are the key to getting yourself out of a hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom