• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rattles

I would love a stage set in the Blood Marsh. Knee deep in dirty stinking water, Rotting corpses floating around :s I would even take one set on a old rotten boardwalk over the water like in the concept art.

Edit: Maybe a new waste land too, Not a big fan of the one we got.

genjiZERO

lazybones18 said:
It's official, YOU SUCK!
I kid, Shao Khan is one cheap ass mofo

it suck because the entire Story Mode is completely doable. It nice because it takes you though a range of different players letting you get used to them. But then you are stuck fighting a boss with invincibility moves with slow ass Raiden...

Also, am I the only person who thinks Kitana probably is a dude?

fernoca

genjiZERO said:
Well, not the only one in this thread at least. :p
I liked her, but then again..I "play for the other team"...so, guess I have no tastes when it comes to women..or something. XD

And I want that Scorpion bobblehead!!! :O!

genjiZERO said:
it suck because the entire Story Mode is completely doable. It nice because it takes you though a range of different players letting you get used to them. But then you are stuck fighting a boss with invincibility moves with slow ass Raiden...

I think Raiden is a lousy fighter tbqh. I kept spamming the X/Y buttons to pull a 3-5 hit ***** that barely did damage

lazybones18 said:
I think Raiden is a lousy fighter tbqh. I kept spamming the X/Y buttons to pull a 3-5 hit ***** that barely did damage
He is great in versus but against the AI in single player he was annoying to use, I guess when the computer can block a move instantly no matter what some fighters are better then others offline.

fernoca

Kifimbo said:
Might be old, but in a new interview with a Montreal news website, the president of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Martin Tremblay, said the sales of Mortal Kombat were higher than expected. He promised record sales. He also added that the profits from Mortal Kombat are already higher than the $33 million they paid for Midway.

Source (in French): http://ruefrontenac.com/affaires/180-techno/37399-martin-tremblay-warner-jeux-video
Yep. I think NPD-day is tomorrow, so some numbers might be posted; doubt that it will be #1 but at least Top 5. The game has been holding its own in PAL charts too.

Rattles

Kifimbo said:
Might be old, but in a new interview with a Montreal news website, the president of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, Martin Tremblay, said the sales of Mortal Kombat were higher than expected. He promised record sales. He also added that the profits from Mortal Kombat are already higher than the $33 million they paid for Midway.

Source (in French): http://ruefrontenac.com/affaires/180-techno/37399-martin-tremblay-warner-jeux-video
Awesome news. Great for Neather realm and Warner Brothers. Wb are on a roll lately, Glad to see them do well in the videogame business.

Frankfurt

Banned
What were the top fighters this gen, again? 4 million SFIV, 3 million SCIV, 2.5 million MKvsDC?

I hope by the time all is said and done, MK sells 4-4.5 just to spite Capcom.

sleepykyo

Kifimbo said:

Wow. Congrats to both NRS and WB.

ezekial45

Banned
Kifimbo said:

Wow, I'm very happy to hear to hear this. I can't wait to see where they take it next.

jackdoe

genjiZERO said:

If it becomes too frustrating, switch difficulty to beginner for the fight. It actually doesn't change the fact that he can kill you in a couple of hits, but it does make his AI go into borderline retarded patterns: he taunts for the whole match. It's the last fight in the story, no reason to keep on trying over and over again for hours.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
fernoca said:
Yep. I think NPD-day is tomorrow, so some numbers might be posted; doubt that it will be #1 but at least Top 5. The game has been holding its own in PAL charts too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come in at number 1. The only other significant release in April was Portal 2 which I imagine will see the majority of it's sales on PC.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Online has gone beyond the realm of ridiculousness for me. If I'm not sitting there just waiting to FIND a match in Player, or attempting to challenge someone in a lobby only for nothing to happen, I'm playing against people who do nothing but either jump forward constantly (and then eat uppercuts) or spam teleports and fail.

I can beat 99% of the people I play by just zoning them. Of those 99%, a good majority of the players will rage quit. The disconnect numbers are hilarious. One guy had 79 DISCONNECTS listed on his win/loss record. WTF, lol.

tlE6El.jpg

Where are all the good players at? I'd like to learn this game, but playing idiots online isn't leading anywhere. Are a lot of people just sticking to offline because of the current state online versus is in?

Arde5643

Lyte Edge said:
Are a lot of people just sticking to offline because of the current state online versus is in?
just to remind you, that's a rhetorical question.

Otherwise, most people just stick to private matches.

Rattles

Lyte Edge said:
The disconnect numbers are hilarious. One guy had 79 DISCONNECTS listed on his win/loss record. WTF, lol.
In the Gootecks & Mike Ross video theres a dude with 1000 wins 1000 losses and 1000 disconnects lol

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Lyte Edge said:
Online has gone beyond the realm of ridiculousness for me. If I'm not sitting there just waiting to FIND a match in Player, or attempting to challenge someone in a lobby only for nothing to happen, I'm playing against people who do nothing but either jump forward constantly (and then eat uppercuts) or spam teleports and fail.

I can beat 99% of the people I play by just zoning them. Of those 99%, a good majority of the players will rage quit. The disconnect numbers are hilarious. One guy had 79 DISCONNECTS listed on his win/loss record. WTF, lol.

tlE6El.jpg

Where are all the good players at? I'd like to learn this game, but playing idiots online isn't leading anywhere. Are a lot of people just sticking to offline because of the current state online versus is in?

I haven't run into a single rage quitter in ranked matches yet.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Lyte Edge said:

tlE6El.jpg

This morning I did ranked random and the first guy I got disconnected the instant I landed a standing jab punch.

First hit of the match.

I don't know if it's trolling or not, but I saw one guy bragging on another forum that he literally sits with his router next to him on the coffee table and pushes the "reset" button every time he just plain doesn't like something about the other player. Their gamertag, the character they picked, and whether or not it seems like the match will be "lame" in the first ten seconds.

"It's my time. I ain't gonna waste it on bitches. They can't do nothing about it."

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sinatar said:
I haven't run into a single rage quitter in ranked matches yet.

I haven't even tried ranked yet because of how things have been searching for player matches. Maybe it's worth the (long) wait, but it's not like there's a shortage of other fighting games to play online.

Rattles said:
In the Gootecks & Mike Ross video theres a dude with 1000 wins 1000 losses and 1000 disconnects lol

Yeah, I've come across several people with those stats. It's probably a glitch.

Arde5643 said:
just to remind you, that's a rhetorical question.

Otherwise, most people just stick to private matches.

LOL.

Kaijima said:
This morning I did ranked random and the first guy I got disconnected the instant I landed a standing jab punch.

First hit of the match.

Wow, that's really, really bad if the other player actually raged because of that.

I don't know if it's trolling or not, but I saw one guy bragging on another forum that he literally sits with his router next to him on the coffee table and pushes the "reset" button every time he just plain doesn't like something about the other player. Their gamertag, the character they picked, and whether or not it seems like the match will be "lame" in the first ten seconds.

Was this on a Mortal Kombat forum? I've found that this game really brings out the idiot casual button-smashers like no other fighting game can.

Dacon

Banned
Raxus said:
Man, it is hard to do some of Sub-Zero's juggles. I can't imagine doing them online.

Some of them are pretty crazy. Zero is such a fucking beast in this game. He's the only character I can consistently get 8-9 hit combos with on the fly.

Lingitiz

Don't know if its just me, but online seems to be improving a bit on 360. Lag hasn't been as bad as usual. Anyone else noticing this?

Edit: Also is there any way to disable the analog stick? Im using the dpad but occasionally the analog will stick to one side.

Raxus

Dacon said:
Some of them are pretty crazy. Zero is such a fucking beast in this game. He's the only character I can consistently get 8-9 hit combos with on the fly.
Now I am practicing with him I am beginning to appreciate him more. He takes getting used to but he has some great medium distance attacks at his disposal which can lead to a freeze.

simtmb

I'm finding Sub-Zero to be one of the funnest characters I've used in this game, and yep, he's a beast.

Though i'm trying Kung Lao currently, i don't particularly want to join the Kung train, but man, he's the most fitting character for me, and quite fun to use at that. Might alt him.

scoobs

simtmb said:
I'm finding Sub-Zero to be one of the funnest characters I've used in this game, and yep, he's a beast.

Though i'm trying Kung Lao currently, i don't particularly want to join the Kung train, but man, he's the most fitting character for me, and quite fun to use at that. Might alt him.
sub is an absolute beast i really control the matches against my buddies and they cant move unless they have teleports, which i can punish (except for raiden's broken ass). I just nailed down his 10 hit combo (triangle, triangle, freezeball, jump straight up, triangle, walk forward very slightly, back square, triangle , triangle square triangle , ice slide) that ive been struggling to pull off for weeks... feels so good! I always wondered what the proper move was when you had them frozen in the air, and now i know 10 hits for 32%! :)

I'd like to add that its pretty cute of NR to make it so if you're clearing whooping shao kahns ass he will completely stop taunting you and never give u a chance to attack him. Awesome stuff

W Hudson

Lingitiz said:
Don't know if its just me, but online seems to be improving a bit on 360. Lag hasn't been as bad as usual. Anyone else noticing this?

Yeah I would say that the online has been a little bit better for me. I still have been getting a lot of desyncs and very long waits in matchmaking though. I love this game now I can't wait until the online is improved. One weird thing for me is that in 90% of the games that I use Reptile I get a desync, with everybody else it is far less frequent.

MoFuzz

Kifimbo said:
BOMBA

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I think people saying the netcode is really bad are kind of blowing it out of proportion. It's not the best but totally playable. I feel its just as good if not better than mvc3s, even tho thats not saying much..

trying to find a match on the other hand is a pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom