• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

GrayFoxPL said:
Hopefully that doesn't mean a new wave of free advertisement dlc/patch.

Reebooks for Johnny Cage, Black Belt headband for Liu Kang, Colgate toothpaste for Baraka.
Oh and look the cyborgs now have built in Ipods!

I am for it if it subsidises free shit like characters, patches and costumes. Ad-support the shit out of it.

GrayFoxPL

Was fooling around with Noob. Cooler then ever, but they kinda dropped the ball in his gameplay design. Now it doesn't surprise me why people online are spamming shadows with him from end of the screen and upward shadow for jump ins. I hate spamming, but it's kinda encouraged for him. I mean look at AI, it doesn't even have any pattern programed to get around it.

It would better if they implemented shadow from MKT where he runs and throws opponent for juggles. Delete the instant recovery and there you have it. Much more interesting gameplay.

bumpkin

Struct09 said:
From the official MK Twitter:

"Looking for Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac, Jade, Kitana, and Mileena in their old school attire? Consider this two weeks notice."

:D
I've already got Scorp, Subby and Ermac, but having Reptile and the female ninjas' costumes will be sweet! :D

The Lamonster said:
I'm just hoping the klassic costumes are free.

:lol

Nice dream. Here's hoping you're right. ;)
Odds are, looking at the DR2 preorder bonuses, they'll be $2-3 each, maybe more for Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Scorpion since they have fatalities with them.
Full pack (Jade, Kitana, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac) will probably run $10-$15.

MrMephistoX

corrosivefrost said:
:lol

Nice dream. Here's hoping you're right. ;)
Odds are, looking at the DR2 preorder bonuses, they'll be $2-3 each, maybe more for Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Scorpion since they have fatalities with them.
Full pack (Jade, Kitana, Mileena, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac) will probably run $10-$15.

Not getting my hopes up but it would be awesome if NRS added classic fatalities for Jade, Kitana, Mileena and Ermac to justify the expense if they aren't free. UMK3 Mileena fatalities and Kiss of Death for Kitana please!

I'm not sure what they could do for Jade since she pretty much has dramatically improved UMK3 fatalities anyway. Telekinetic slam for Ermac might be interesting though.

NEO0MJ

Shadowlink said:
Maybe! How much are they going for? Might as well sell it since they're releasing all the classic costume DLC.

You should get at least 30$ for Reptile, maybe even 60 if you're real lucky. better do it quick before word of the DLC pack spreads.

NEO0MJ

Rattles said:
I want to sell my Reptile code to but Im scared my code won't work for an amrican that might buy it..

It won't work, even if they can download it. They have to have a pal version of the game for the code to work(I think?).

fernoca

Mindman said:
Any ETA on the lag fix patch?
Aside "before the end of the month along with some DLC" nothing else. :p

NEO0MJ said:
It won't work, even if they can download it. They have to have a pal version of the game for the code to work(I think?).
Guess it depends on the system. On Xbox 360, you can use content from UK with US copies (I did so with a PAL code to unlock alt costumes in Enslaved...with an NTSC copy on a NTSC-360).

But on PS3, at least in the games I've tried (like Burnout, Lumines) content from other Stores (HK, PAL) didn't worked with NTSC games.

Rattles

NEO0MJ said:
Yea i heard that on trmk aswell but kept hope for some American dollors :(

NEO0MJ

fernoca said:
But on PS3, at least in the games I've tried (like Burnout, Lumines) content fro mother Stores (HK, PAL) didn't worked with NTSC games.

That's what I based my statement on. I have a pal Batman AA and when I downloaded the Joker map from my american account it wouldn't work.

Shadowlink said:
I doubt I'll make much for my code since it's for the PS3. Hopefully I'm wrong though! :)

As long as you plan to buy the DLC pack then what's the point of holding on to it?

Shadowlink said:
True, but wouldn't I have to still pay ebay fees if it didn't sell?

Edit: Holy Shit! Already got 2 bids.

Not really.

You could have done buy it now with best offer and asked for $50 or something. Then if someone came along a week from now and said "sure, how about $35", you'd sell if so inclined, then pay fees. :)

corrosivefrost said:
Not really.

You could have done buy it now with best offer and asked for $50 or something. Then if someone came along a week from now and said "sure, how about $35", you'd sell if so inclined, then pay fees. :)
I already have 7 watchers. There will be a Mortal Kombat tournament to see who wins my code. :)

MrMephistoX

Shadowlink said:
I already have 7 watchers. There will be a Mortal Kombat tournament to see who wins my code. :)

I actually sold an extra scorpion code I had the other day: somehow got two via email. Actually made $30 off the deal and each day that PSN is down makes me want to sell the other code.

MrMephistoX said:
I actually sold an extra scorpion code I had the other day: somehow got two via email. Actually made $30 off the deal and each day that PSN is down makes me want to sell the other code.
Are you thinking of getting the Classic Costume pack?

Khezu

During the PDP stream there was an interview with boon, and he said there would be free DLC along with skarlet, so I could see the retros being free since there basically unlock codes anyway.

I'm more interested in seeing if we get smoke and noobs alts, or the MK2 female outfits that the demo build had, or if skarlet and the eventual rain DLC will come with retro costumes as well.
Then there are the MK3 robot alts that were leaked a few weeks ago, I could see them charging for those since there not on the disk. I hope they also come with a purple one for smoke, since I am against having robot smoke be a brand new character for DLC.

Also really want them to make cyber reptile alt useable outside of the challenge tower, no reason not to, maybe even make some of those one shot characters selectable in versus.

MrMephistoX

Shadowlink said:
Are you thinking of getting the Classic Costume pack?

I probably will since I play Sub Zero more than Scorpion online and seriously hate Kitana's current outfit. Already have Ermac, Reptile and Jade though so I hope it's not a pack if it ends up being a paid download.

Frankfurt

Banned
Khezu said:
During the PDP stream there was an interview with boon, and he said there would be free DLC along with skarlet, so I could see the retros being free since there basically unlock codes anyway.

I'm more interested in seeing if we get smoke and noobs alts, or the MK2 female outfits that the demo build had, or if skarlet and the eventual rain DLC will come with retro costumes as well.
Then there are the MK3 robot alts that were leaked a few weeks ago, I could see them charging for those since there not on the disk. I hope they also come with a purple one for smoke, since I am against having robot smoke be a brand new character for DLC.

Also really want them to make cyber reptile alt useable outside of the challenge tower, no reason not to, maybe even make some of those one shot characters selectable in versus.

Considering Skarlett being on the background ended up being a pretty-far-into-development character, it's possible that Old Cyrax (which is in the Sindel background from waist up, moving), may also be on the disc.

I want MK3 ninjas.

scorpion-w.gif

reptile-r.gif

subzero-mk3-stance.gif

Actually, just have this for Sub-Zero.

Frankfurt

Banned
Slamtastic said:
I want MK3 ninjas.

scorpion-w.gif

reptile-r.gif

subzero-mk3-stance.gif

Actually, just have this for Sub-Zero.

Scorp and Rep, sure. Sub? Ew. But from MK3, Sonya should be at the top of the list.

And it still bugs me how they changed some classic stances. Sub-Zero's MK9 stance is too aggressive. I miss his old, MK1, 2, laid back stance. Noob's stance vaaaguely resembles it, but not close enough.

MrMephistoX said:

Do that shit, man. Just cop the skin in the pack in 2 weeks. Your profits will pay for it, MK Trilogy, and Skarlett. :)

ToyBroker

Banned
I've been fairing pretty well online. Like 65-8...until I went up against my buddy's Kung Lao. I feel like quitting the game. Out of 6 matches I won once. His shit was unstoppable...Kung Lao....sigh.

His spin = sucky :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom