• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMephistoX

The Lamonster said:
Her alt is a lot better than her main.

Eh I actually don't like the alt either at least not on the P1 color: her hair is too straw like. Her main is the outfit that has kind of grown on me. Overall, Sonya's MKvsDCU outfit is probably my favorite outside of UMK3.

DRE notworksafe said:
My guess is that Kostume DLC will be free and Skarlett/Kenshi will be $5-7 each.

Or free with the purchase of either character? Sorry to give them ideas but it would kind of make sense if it's not a single package of DLC ie. Sausage Pack with Kenshi , Ladies Night Pack with Scarlett.

notworksafe

robut said:
I don't think they'll be free due to them having a fatality attached to them. Looks like it's quite a process to make one http://www.giantbomb.com/the-method-and-madness-behind-a-mortal-kombat-fatality/17-4156/
The fatalities have already been made and released as pre-order bonuses though.

MrMephistoX said:
Eh I actually don't like the alt either at least not on the P1 color: her hair is too straw like. Her main is the outfit that has kind of grown on me. Overall, Sonya's MKvsDCU outfit is probably my favorite outside of UMK3.
Her MKSM outfit is my fav:
xm9q2.jpg

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MrMephistoX said:
I just hope she gets either her MK3 outfit or her MKvDC attire as DLC although I have to admit her current outfit doesn't really bother me anymore.
I also want Sub-Zero's MK3 outfit, without the mask. Plus, Robo-Smoke, Human Cyrax, Human Sektor, (they're both human in Story mode anyways), and I'll be happy.

the chris

twinturbo2 said:
I also want Sub-Zero's MK3 outfit, without the mask. Plus, Robo-Smoke, Human Cyrax, Human Sektor, (they're both human in Story mode anyways), and I'll be happy.
Human Sektor and Human Cyrax are in the game already as alternate outfits.

Blueblur1

corrosivefrost said:
I wish they'd fix the klassic /alt costumes to not fuck up when you do a fatality...

I've not seen Scorpion's klassic when he does the split decision fatality... but when you use his alt, the sword magically transforms into the sword from the normal costume. :(
I haven't seen the fatalities performed with those costumes (I've been only playing offline and in quick spurts) so I'm not familiar with the issue. But I *AM* familiar with the shitty Classic Reptile acid spitting attack animation. It's badly animated and I hate it even more because I thought I would avoid seeing ridiculous reptilian Reptile when using the classic costume.

All this Sonya talk made me put some time into her tonight practicing and online. I really like her fighting style. She's kind of like Liu Kang except a little more quicker and agile but less damaging... and god damn does she do little damage but she's good at carrying through long combos. Really fond of the Jump, D+4, 1, 1, 4, D, F, 3, >>, 1, 1, B, F, 2 combo I've been using, definitely BnB though the timing is so tight it's really hard sometimes to get that last shot in online, in-fact it's kind of hard to even get that first cartwheel in. Not a big fan of her kiss though, it's so slow and I can't seem to combo it off anything... definitely the weakest incapacitate IMO.

I think I might stick with her as my Second for a while though, Cyrax maining with Liu Kang love thrown in every so often. I'm REALLY been trying to mix Nightwolf into the action but unless I'm fighting a newbie I'm scared to bring him out. The BnB I try to work in is so fucking slow and I end up relying more on my charge attack and axe swing nonsense.

Also, fucking Stryker, I was getting bored and played him a couple matches without practice. I don't know shit about his combos but he's pretty beast at being cheap. Standing back throwing grenades, shooting his gun, and then rolling when in melee. This poor Reptile and Sub-Zero I fought couldn't get near me, he might be promoted into Nightwolf's place for me.

Rattles

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
why does my score get reset or give me loses when i didnt get any??
Stats are all over the show and need a patch to be fixed, Some reason my 2 disconects reset. Also they count quiting on the character select sceen as a loss... I knew they did for ranked match but just today it started warning me in lobby matches.

y2dvd

Tried MK online for the first time last night. I like the lobby and King of the Hill. Now they just need to fix the speed. It's hard to adapt since this game requires you to dedicate your next inputs.

You know... I totally forgot about the netcode issues yesterday. I challenged and fought about 10 people, most of which I did lots of rematches with, and only one of them was laggy in the slightest. I luckily beat him and just quit out of the match - otherwise, I was really lucky and everything was pretty damn smooth.

What's with people challenging me that have maxed out stats though (1000/1000 and 1000 disconnects)? I thought someone mentioned it in this thread before but I can't find it. Is that a crappy bug or a glitch they're abusing?

bumpkin

corkscrewblow said:
The retro costumes should be a free apology for PS3 players not being able to redeem their bonus content.
Fixed.

No, really. I think this would be a classy move on NRS' part.

LosDaddie

Banned
Well, I'm happy about the DLC being available to all. I'm definitely going to buy it, except for Skarlet since I'd never use her.

Now I just need the game to go on sale to pick up a copy. :)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
y2dvd said:
That's why I say Sub is easier to pick up. On paper, he has less tools so it's simpler to use but I agree he's harder to master. Kinda like the chess analogy. Easy to pick up, hard to master. He has an easier time hit confirming a combo. 2,2,4. If it hits, slide. If it doesn't, ice clone. Sub can arguably play a safer game thanks to ice clone. It's a hell of a lot safer than Scorpion's blocked spear or teleport.

All of Sub's normals are a million time slower than Scorpions. That alone makes him more difficult to use for the new player.

NeonZ

Blueblur1 said:
It's badly animated and I hate it even more because I thought I would avoid seeing ridiculous reptilian Reptile when using the classic costume.

Classic Reptile always had a Reptilian face while using that attack though.

Having some problems with the Scorpion combos that rely on the teleports. I think it's because I can't hit the jumping kick right - do I need to get that hit early as possible then input for teleport or what?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Houston3000 said:
What's with people challenging me that have maxed out stats though (1000/1000 and 1000 disconnects)? I thought someone mentioned it in this thread before but I can't find it. Is that a crappy bug or a glitch they're abusing?

It has to be a glitch. I saw that within the first few days of the game having been released.

simtmb

MarshMellow96 said:
Having some problems with the Scorpion combos that rely on the teleports. I think it's because I can't hit the jumping kick right - do I need to get that hit early as possible then input for teleport or what?

Usually the problem people have is cancelling into the teleport quick enough. You don't need to hit the jump kick quickly, just have to cancel into the teleport right after. So you basically want to kind of 2 in 1 your inputs; do jumpkick with BK and immediately input the teleport as soon as you input the jumpkick. Doing this should land you the teleport combos 100% of the time.

Thanks for the help, but I still can't get it. I've been watching videos of people using teleports in their combos - they seem to get their opponents to go so high before the teleport! This is just with neutral punch and back - triangle too. Whenever I try I hit them and they don't go any higher..

NeonZ said:
Classic Reptile always had a Reptilian face while using that attack though.
I think he's talking about how badly animated and matched the retro outfitted version of the spit looks. I've seen it, and it's pretty dumb.

fernoca

bumpkin said:
Fixed.

Nah. Aside they already giving extra incentives to PS3 owners (3D, Kratos, extra stage), the PSN downtime was not their fault..and they already opened online to everyone without a pass until the Store's back. So WB already did the best they could.

Anyway, Skarlett trailer this monday, she will be playable at E3..which means that she probably won't be released till after E3 (in June).

Hex

Banned
bumpkin said:
Fixed.

It is not NRS fault.
They already went above and beyond by covering the online until we can put our codes in.

Houston3000 said:

I think that's the result of someone challenging you before the room has refreshed their stats(Be it upon initial entry or whatever).

bumpkin

Hex said:
It is not NRS fault.
They already went above and beyond by covering the online until we can put our codes in.
I know. I didn't mean it in the sense that it was their fault. I was just thinking aloud after hearing how perturbed my co-worker who got the Kollector's Edition was about the DLC announcement.

Houston3000 said:
I believe it's a bug that occurs when a person challenges you before the room fully loads.

sleepykyo

So much for not charging for stuff on the disc, unless the costumes are technically full downloads.

Also, any note on the netcode patch? Thought that the patch and dlc characters were supposed to be the end of the month.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Will gladly pay $5 for Jade. And for Reptile too, since I abhor his original costume.

I knew it wouldn't be free. I think you guys were kidding yourselves. I sold my Reptile code for $90, so I have no issue with this price point.

sleepykyo said:
So much for not charging for stuff on the disc, unless the costumes are technically full downloads.

Don't really see how that's possible, considering that you can fight the Klassic characters in hidden battles, as well as in the Challenge Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom