• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fernoca said:
No "big patches" per se, but "hot-fixes".
There has been a few "hot-fixes". You noticed them when you're at the title screen and press start, a message saying about "checking online for updates"..that's when it downloads the fixes. The team implements this to allow them to fix/nerf characters and other attributes without the need of actual patch, which require a certification process. Since this fixes don't affect the actual game, just lowers numbers/attributes there's not risk of damaging the console. Not many games do it.

An actual patch with updates to a few aspects including netcode is expected sometime in June (originally for late in May, but guess it was delayed).

The latest fix was on May 20, details were posted in this and the online thread.

Happy to hear about them toning down Kung Lao. And if I'm reading it right, Kitana needs to be toned down immediately. She does way too much damage.

Hopefully the fix the KOTH Respect point loss. It's weird to have about 1200 points, then leave the room and turn off the console only to come back days later and play KOTH to find out I now have 200 points.

sleepykyo

TommyManberg said:
Happy to hear about them toning down Kung Lao. And if I'm reading it right, Kitana needs to be toned down immediately. She does way too much damage.

For what's its worth her general combo damage went by 3 points. And taken from someone's earlier post.

• Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.

Shakala

Dark Octave said:
Just played my first online match. Destroyed someone online and he quit just after I was starting my fatality, causing the game to boot me.

If this is how it's going to be, why even bother.
Because it feels good to know you made someone mad by being better than them

Dark Octave said:
Just played my first online match. Destroyed someone online and he quit just after I was starting my fatality, causing the game to boot me.

If this is how it's going to be, why even bother.
You still get the win, don't you?

When you go to quit a match it'll tell you it's gonna count for a loss...

sleepykyo said:
Good question. Even without it, he still has some interesting things. Being able to insert either a mid (the command overhead) or a low (the ground projectile) into a series. Fast projectiles. That command dash.
It's not the block stun loop I fear to lose, it's what makes it possible that I do. From what I understand, it's his f3, 2 combo canceled into his run which is then immediately cancelled which puts him back into neutral fighting stance instantaneously which allows him to do f3, 2 again.

Basically, I really don't want him to lose his ability to cancel his f3, 2 combo into his run and I'd rather they didn't nerf the run cancel in any way. But at the same time I really want his block stun loop to be fix. A conundrum.

Finally got the game and WOW you guys weren't kidding about the netcode. Played about 10 player matches and every single one of them was horribly laggy. As in can't move for the first 3 seconds of the match laggy. Last game I played with such horrible online play was Gears 2.

Hector was just on the UFGT stream. Skisonic asked him about the Freddy/Jason DLC rumours and Hector just smiled and took the headset off and left! lol.

Showed off the game today to my brother and a buddy... the online portion. No lag whatsoever! Was impressed. Only when asked about lag did I realize how smooth it ran. Even last night, all but one match was smooth.

clockpunk

I really can't wait for Skarlet, but I do hope Boon and his team are serious about adding more fatalities, and characters - there is a whole slew I would love to see (especially Frost). I'll happy purchase anything, given how much fun MK9 has turned out to be.

*BUT*, the trouble with DLC characters, is that they cannot be worked into the story, and the way things panned out, gives the devs great possibilities to introduce a load of new characters/give old not-so-favourites a second chance - which would also be awesome.

I just want more MK...

SMZC

I wish they gave Shang Tsung more fatalities via DLC. He's my main, and I can't say I'm too fond of the two he has. He so needs his MK2 fatalities back (soul steal and Kintaro transformation). It would be awesome if he could actually transform into both Goro and Kintaro and perform any of their fatalities, that way we could do bosses fatalities without breaking the game's balance by making bosses playable. Also, if they didn't want to bother implementing Motaro into an actual boss, the least they could have done was make Shang transform into him to make a fatality. It wouldn't be any harder to do than Liu Kang's dragon fatality, and it would give Motaro more of a presence in this game (in a way) without going through the trouble of implementing him into the fighting engine. I mean, hell, they already had him modeled and all, so how hard could it have been?

fernoca said:
No "big patches" per se, but "hot-fixes".

There has been a few "hot-fixes". You noticed them when you're at the title screen and press start, a message saying about "checking online for updates"..that's when it downloads the fixes. The team implements this to allow them to fix/nerf characters and other attributes without the need of actual patch, which require a certification process. Since this fixes don't affect the actual game, just lowers numbers/attributes there's not risk of damaging the console. Not many games do it.

clever stuff.

MrMephistoX

clockpunk said:
I really can't wait for Skarlet, but I do hope Boon and his team are serious about adding more fatalities, and characters - there is a whole slew I would love to see (especially Frost). I'll happy purchase anything, given how much fun MK9 has turned out to be.

*BUT*, the trouble with DLC characters, is that they cannot be worked into the story, and the way things panned out, gives the devs great possibilities to introduce a load of new characters/give old not-so-favourites a second chance - which would also be awesome.

I just want more MK...
I'd say just tack on an arcade motion comic ending for DLC like Kratos and call it a day with regard to story. Frost is the only other character I care about making the DLC roster: I'd much rather see some classic fatalities and outfits for characters like Sonya who don't already have them.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Bad_Boy said:
fuck shao khan. seriously, fuck him and his shoulders, and green spears.

The only thing bullshit about him now that I have had practice against him is his hammer throw when he does it again and again after you are hit stunned. You are helpless.

She looks rather good to play as, I don't touch the girls right now because i'm not a fan of their moves or skimpy looks.

Since her model is on the disc I wonder if players can VS her without downloading anything.

fernoca

Diablohead said:
She looks rather good to play as, I don't touch the girls right now because i'm not a fan of their moves or skimpy looks.

Since her model is on the disc I wonder if players can VS her without downloading anything.
There's only partial data of her on the disc. There are many move-sets, artworks, animations, voices, etc. that are not ...which might be in the download/patch. But we'll see, it will be fun if the first DLC character somehow ended being a 100kb unlock key. :p

Khezu

Grecco said:
Anyone have an easy layout for buttons on a non modified TE stick? i dont have a combat pannel

Tag 1 2
BLK 3 4

That's what I use, you can swap out tag for throw if you don't like pushing 1+3.

There's only partial data of her on the disc. There are many move-sets, artworks, animations, voices, etc. that are not ...which might be in the download/patch. but we'll see, it will be fun if the first DLC character somehow ended being a 100kb unlock key. :p

I would assume you would DL the character in the patch so you can see it even if you don't buy it, then the DL for actually purchasing it would just be a key.

How did Blaze blue handle there DLC characters?

sleepykyo

Half naked redhead that throws daggers on the ground and in the air? Day one.

Assuming 8 or less, online is drastically improved, and she has a something along the lines of Kung Lao's spin or Cage's ex nutcracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom