• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Khezu said:
If they ever do make a PC version of this game, they should really consider making a public test server to test patch changes, like how MMO's and some other PC games that patch heavily do, that way they don't randomly buff kanos upball and then decide its too powerful and nerf it two weeks later.

Can't wait for the next patch though, jax is getting some nice buffs, his dash punch is getting super armor, and he will be able to cancel his ground pounds.

Also REO's quan chi was really good, but was kinda hoping to see him use cyber sub some more, no one seems to care much about him.

Nice match sabin, but ya, REO is kinda very good.
Holy shit batman! that punch is already rather good and he is getting armour with it? shit got real.

Cancel ground pound is good to hear, been caught out with them so many times due to the slow animations.

fernoca

Keikoku said:
So, has online been fixed yet ?
Patch is expected later this month...apparently. Was expected late May. :p

BMX Bandit said:
Sorry if it has been asked 1000 times but:
Is it possible to play co-op arcade mode via xbox live/online ?
thanks
Nope. Online allows for 2 players/multiplayer on one console, but to play tag-team against people online.

Arcade/ladder/tag ladder is local-only.

By the way..
Retro Pack is out next week, and the new avatars-clothing were released a few days ago on Xbox Live.

sleepykyo

Khezu said:
jax is getting some nice buffs, his dash punch is getting super armor, .

I really hope that is typo, you mean his ex dash punch is getting super armor.

edit: Presentation for this stream is a little different from what I expected.
edit2: Who's the guy with the Final Round t-shirt on stream?

Anyone interested in my spare jade and mileena klassic codes? since the retro pack hits next week I have no need for my preorder codes, one each if two people ask (360 codes)

Also does anyone want my scorpion 360 avatar costume? i'd redeem it myself but I think it looks terrible, the head looks good but the body on an avatar looks like scorpion went on a diet and lost his muscle.

Khezu said:
Yes typo, EX only, the EX version is also getting increased range, and won't be duckable.
sogood.gif

Glad to hear normal is not getting armour, that would be ludicrous.

LordK

Diablohead said:
Anyone interested in my spare jade and mileena klassic codes? since the retro pack hits next week I have no need for my preorder codes, one each if two people ask (360 codes)

Could I have the Jade one?

Thanks!

So I've been playing the story mode for then past week and really dig it. Today I decide to jump online since the whole of PSN has been restored... and MK online doesn't work?

WTF?

Myomoto

Baller said:
So I've been playing the story mode for then past week and really dig it. Today I decide to jump online since the whole of PSN has been restored... and MK online doesn't work?

WTF?

Have you registered your online pass?

There is one thing I really love about this game is that you think you know all combo strings you can do with your main, leave the game for a week, come back and invent 3 more lol, the way you can chain moves together is what makes MK good in my eyes, I thought that I knew most of ermacs but I guess not.

Not that they do more damage, but they are fun and look really unique.

sleepykyo

Baller said:
And how am I supposed to do that? There is no menu option to enter my Kombat Pass.

Go to store, redeem code button in the upper right, key in code. At least that is how I bypassed being unable to access account management.

How do you guys do 2v2 online from the same console (360 version)? friend cant choose his character or even play, hes signed into live.

fernoca

Teknoman said:
The Kombat Chat has been empty every day so far ; ;
Yep and with the game having a separate text-chat; in general it was easier for many to just jump into a GAF lobby and talk/fight...than send random friend requests, then wait for invites to chat.

But overall nice. Reception was way better and higher than expected, for both threads.

Maybe the netcode-patch will bring some new life overall...if it actually fixes the issues many had.

Beardz

Everybody keep saying how bad the netcode is, as for me about 90% of my matches are "lag free"... I dont use matchmaking tho.

Olivero

I haven't raged because of a game in a long time. Final battle in story mode caused me to sacrifice a controller. Cheapest fucking battle ever.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Spirit of Jazz said:
Why is your flash kick so fast and so safe Johnny? :(

I saw a video on Machinima's youtube channel that shows how you can easily punish someone for that. Look it up.

Olivero said:
I haven't raged because of a game in a long time. Final battle in story mode caused me to sacrifice a controller. Cheapest fucking battle ever.

There are several ways to beat him (I played on Normal, if that even has an impact). I got him figured out within 10 tries. Just keep your distance and make sure to avoid the hammer throw, then punish him because he has a couple of frames of vulnerability after that.

I am going to admit that last night I was getting annoyed by scorpion winning in KOTH online so I chose him myself for one round and got the opponent stuck in his spear infinite, after that I went back to subby and ermac like normal.

Beardz said:
Everybody keep saying how bad the netcode is, as for me about 90% of my matches are "lag free"... I dont use matchmaking tho.
it hugely relates to were you live and where your opponent is too, I can play my cousin who lives 50miles away like it's an offline match, but most others have some obvious delays or combos and moves will randomly drop because my input is too fast for the netcode to handle.

It might be a little better in the US I don't know.

notworksafe

GhostRidah said:
How do you guys do 2v2 online from the same console (360 version)? friend cant choose his character or even play, hes signed into live.
Just go to 2 Player, then Xbox Live. Your only option in ranked play should be Tag. Your friend won't even need to be signed in to play.

big_z

Thunderbear said:
There are several ways to beat him (I played on Normal, if that even has an impact). I got him figured out within 10 tries. Just keep your distance and make sure to avoid the hammer throw, then punish him because he has a couple of frames of vulnerability after that.

you can also just spam projectiles while jumping the spear and ducking the hammer. if he taunts them move in for a jump punch + upper cut combo thing or use your x-ray.

Played some SSFIV straight after MK9 online and wow the difference, I swear if the upcoming patch doesn't fix the online issues i'm just going to give up with that game unless I play it at home local with a friend, tonight I dropped so many moves or the game just didn't do as I ask like crouching for instance, I pressed down as I was standing up after a hit to crouch and he just stands there like a lemon, annoying shit :/ I lost more then I should just because I input faster then the online code can manage, what sort of shit is that!

SF is superior online and I love it, just a shame I suck with everyone apart from balrog :p

Please have a good netcode patch, neverrealm, please!

Khezu

Patch notes for tuesday, at least some of them, there may or may not be more, this is just what brady knows of.

1. KL spin will ahve 6 more recovery frames on block
2. KL hat loop removed
3. kabal block infinite removed
4. sonya block infinite removed
5. various bugs fixed
6. wake up moves punishing certain characters after a ground breaker removed
7. stryker xray punsihed on hit fixed
8. advantage on cyrax command throw lessoned
9. cyrax command throw break changed from 2 frame windown to 10 frame window
11. sindel able to scream after 21 now and able t juggle with b3~scream
12. smoke bomb otg removed
13. cyber sub bomb has a smaller buffer window
14. jax ex dash punch goes farther and has armor.
15. jax has a gp fake
16. quan chi sky drop adv lessoned
17. quan chi reset after trance removed
18. quan chi skeletal boost after trance trade removed
19. quan chi can now move after trance
20. raiden no longer has adv after b312 and 334 are blocked. he is now at -1

Tweaks coming a few hours after the patch:

1. sonya cannot link military stance after d4
2. sonya dive kick inf removed
3. kabal cannot link dash after d4
4. KL infinite removed
5. kano up ball is now more disadv on block
6. more various bugs fixed

http://testyourmight.com/forum/content.php?1167-Hot-Fix-Part-2-Patch-Notes-for-Tuesday

Also improved netplay.

Hopefully the actual patch notes posted at the MK site go more in depth this time around.

Hm so they removed quan's reset but not scorps unless they list that under other fixes, i'm sure they will do something about it.

I have never been hit by a smoke otg so that doesn't matter much to me right now, jax buff is good, never knew raiden had advantage after some combos :eek:

Khezu

Ya the two strings that had advantage were his launching strings, its one of the reasons raiden is so good, he could keep people locked down easily, it gave him ridiculous pressure. Its actually a pretty big nerf to raiden, but even with out it, hes still amazing.

Anyone find it amazing that we are talking about this kind of stuff on a MK game? lol I never really played the 3d titles last gen so it's hard to wrap my head around otg and blockstuns while I think of the original MK 1 and 2 :lol

Also learned today that you can blind pick online if you want too, someone did it to me so I might do it in the future so no one can counter-pick, should have been a default thing online tbh.

sleepykyo

Khezu said:
Patch notes for tuesday, at least some of them, there may or may not be more, this is just what brady knows of.

1. KL spin will ahve 6 more recovery frames on block
20. raiden no longer has adv after b312 and 334 are blocked. he is now at -1
5. kano up ball is now more disadv on block

Hopefully the actual patch notes posted at the MK site go more in depth this time around.

Yes to all 3. Some of the other stuff, you can understand how it gets in. Plenty of games have some infinite that makes it through the crack. But natural launchers that give advantage on block? Or a jab dp that does 30% damage? That's pretty out there.

edit: Wonder what Kung Lao's new b&b combos are going to be after that nerf?

Khezu

Even with the nerfs to raiden and KL, I would still say there both better then cage.
He is a really good character, but he has a few really hard matchups, namely kitana and sub-zero, SZ in particular is brutal for cage.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if one of the unmentioned changes is a slight nerf to his flip kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom