• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Khezu said:
I would assume you would DL the character in the patch so you can see it even if you don't buy it, then the DL for actually purchasing it would just be a key.

How did Blaze blue handle there DLC characters?
Yeah, that's how it's usually handled. I was just saying that that the full-character (based on the hacks out there) is not in the disc, but that it would be fun if out of nowhere it was...just to see the reactions. :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That one noise Skarlet made in the video sounds like Nelson from the Simpsons.

Also, another character with a teleport? Really? We certainly need more of those.

zoner said:
That one noise Skarlet made in the video sounds like Nelson from the Simpsons.

Also, another character with a teleport? Really? We certainly need more of those.

It's part of MK. It's like complaining that a character in SF got an vertical anti air special move.

fernoca

Gamestop dropped the price of all versions:

-Regular Edition: $49.99 (from $59.99)
-Kollector's Edition: $79.99 (from $99.99)
-Tournament Edition: $119.99 (from $149.99)

They (and a few other stores) already had deals with similar or lower offers, but unlike those; this are permanent..at least on Gamestop. Maybe other stores will follow shortly.

With the announcement of DLC starting this month with the Retro Pack next week, followed with Skarlet before the end of this month; wouldn't surprise me if it's an actual and official price drop.

fernoca

MoonsaultSlayer said:
gpt smupmr eoyj yjr [d4 brtdopm o jsbr sm rt,sv vpfr gpt upi og upi vsm frvpfr yjod

w = q
e = w
r = e

*whoops, corrected the key*
Got it, too bad I already have it! XD ..nice one. ;)

fernoca said:
Got it, too bad I already have it! XD ..nice one. ;)
Phew. Thought I needed to start adding correct letters in bold or give up on it. Turns out, someone on my friends list is a huge fan of the subject in question and I thought about just giving it to him.

fernoca

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Phew. Thought I needed to start adding correct letters in bold or give up on it. Turns out, someone on my friends list is a huge fan of the subject in question and I thought about just giving it to him.
Hehehe...if anything just a wait a few minutes and if noone replies with the answer, post the answer..and give it your friend. :p

MoonsaultSlayer said:
gpt smupmr eoyj yjr [d4 brtdopm o jsbr sm rt,sv vpfr gpt upi og upi vsm frvpfr yjod

w = q
e = w
r = e

*whoops, corrected the key*

For anyone with the PS3 Version I have an Ermac code for you if can decode this.

...but you should give it to your friend as I realized I got this from my TE edition along with Sub Zero code.

DryEyeRelief got it and sent a PM (that was lucky enough to catch my eye).

for anyone with the ps3 version i have an ermac code for you if you can decode this

Irish

MoonsaultSlayer said:
DryEyeRelief got it and sent a PM (that was lucky enough to catch my eye).

for anyone with the ps3 version i have an ermac code for you if you can decode this

I slid the letters the wrong way because I read the key backwards and I was like "This makes no damn sense!"

ithorien

MoonsaultSlayer said:
LMAO

Okay, friend is leaning towards purchasing the retro pack. Anyone NOT getting the pack.. at least right away?

I am not sure if I'll be getting it... Then again, dat value.

MrMephistoX

Anyone having difficulty redeeming codes now that PSN is back? I haven't touched my code and just got a message that it had expired when I tried to enter it on PSN.

MrMephistoX said:
Anyone having difficulty redeeming codes now that PSN is back? I haven't touched my code and just got a message that it had expired when I tried to enter it on PSN.
people had the same error for dirt 3 codes, it's where psn is packed full of busy busy, keep trying.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
MrMephistoX said:

same here, tried to enter a code for reptile on ps3 and i get the same message... which sucks

ithorien

The store is an absolute mess. Took me 5-10 tries per demo to download two demos, and I tried a full game trial about 15 times before it disappeared from the store.

At this point, I'd rather it be down than not work.

ithorien

MrMephistoX said:
Hate to say it but that actually makes me feel better. I need to pick up the L.A. Noire pass too.

No, as much as it sucks I definitely agree, because it's just proof that it's all completely out of whack. But at the same time, what the hell.

fernoca

clockpunk said:
Hey chaps, have I missed the date for Skarlett being released, or is it still TBA?
TBA "before the end of June". An official date/announcement is expected next week at E3.

Anyway, friend arrived with the Prima-cards!
Seems the mail-guy tried to shoe-horn the envelope and folded it in half too..but still nice quality and a freebie. At least the cards were covered with a plastic.

eTDla.jpg

Khezu

@LullabyForChaos @noobde Cybernetic Reptile would be sweet! ~ Duckmaster Noobde: Really? OK then!

YES, might as well make all the challenger tower stuff usable, even playable zombies that have no attacks, and those other two bit characters as random alts for other characters, like director can be a white jax with no robot arms.

ithorien

fernoca said:
TBA "before the end of June". An official date/announcement is expected next week at E3.

Anyway, friend arrived with the Prima-cards!
Seems the mail-guy tried to shoe-horn the envelope and folded it in half too..but still nice quality and a freebie. At least the cards were covered with a plastic.

eTDla.jpg

Wow. I would punch that mailman in the mouth.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Hey guys, were streaming from Valley Stream in Nassau right now. Spooky is not streaming it, but some testyourmight guys are here. REO (top 3 at powerup is here, as well as me, Dark Rob, etc. Def worth a watch, if not just for REO alone, his Quan Chi is crazy

http://www.justin.tv/kombatnetwork/#/w/1286225216

They do this event every thursday so make sure to follow them on JTV!
EDIT: It's tournament time now. Reo and Dark Rob are already in grand finals. I lost to the same people I lost to powerup.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Reo vs Dark Rob winners finals on the stream now. If theres any match that you will want to watch its this one.

Khezu

If they ever do make a PC version of this game, they should really consider making a public test server to test patch changes, like how MMO's and some other PC games that patch heavily do, that way they don't randomly buff kanos upball and then decide its too powerful and nerf it two weeks later.

Can't wait for the next patch though, jax is getting some nice buffs, his dash punch is getting super armor, and he will be able to cancel his ground pounds.

Also REO's quan chi was really good, but was kinda hoping to see him use cyber sub some more, no one seems to care much about him.

Nice match sabin, but ya, REO is kinda very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom