• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
Yea, patch is up on PS3. Going to see if the game is actually playable now.

edit: Ermac can no longer combo 2, 2 into BnB anymore? lolNRS

Xevren

When I actually get into a match it performs flawlessly, the problem is getting to said point. Getting so many desync's and disconnects.

sleepykyo

corkscrewblow said:
I've had 3 desynchs in not even 10 minutes. NRS is on the verge of being Dan tier.

Yay, so 1.02 PS3 is finally upgraded to 1.01(?) 360? Meaning 1.03 will finally be decent assuming 1.02 360 is decent?

vocab

corkscrewblow said:
Still can't find a ranked match either. I really wanna like this game but they're making it impossible.

Ya, I hear ya. The game barely functions the way it is supposed to. If the net code is worse, I probably won't even play online anymore.

edit: TYM says it's just a hotfix patch, and not the actual net code patch. Actually I don't even think they know what is in it.

Khezu

vocab said:
Ya, I hear ya. The game barely functions the way it is supposed to. If the net code is worse, I probably won't even play online anymore.

edit: TYM says it's just a hotfix patch, and not the actual net code patch. Actually I don't even think they know what is in it.

Patch notes should be up on there official site sometime soon, like the last hotfix.

I got my friend with his ps3 to test the netcode, but he only did like two matches because he kinda out right hates this game, but he did say the input delay seemed a lot better.

Xevren

I gave up for now, but I had no lag at all in any of the games I played. Couldn't connect to any friends, and had massive issues just connecting to people in general. Before the patch I could at least connect to people, if that gets dealt with I'll be happy. Was able to do all my offline combo's with ease in all of my matches.

fernoca

There hasn't been any confirmation about this patch been "the netcode patch". The only mention was apparently from Tom Brady through the Test your Might Forums...and it was a quick note/edit they added at the bottom of a list of hot-fixes (which are done separate from patches).

At the same time, if it is "the netcode patch" it's quite relevant, that until everyone playing the game online has the same patch, many won't notice any difference. So that could explain the desyncs and some not seeing any improvements.

We'll see.
I'll be getting the Xbox 360 version in a few days, so I'll be back to MK!!..and have to re-do everything again (story, all ladders, challenges, etc.).. :(

Mileena

Banned
vocab said:

It was a 31 or 30 MB download when I started the game so it's more a patch than the previous "patches". The games I did play seemed improved at least a little, especially in KotH. The problem here is the desynchronizing, which used to never happen.

fernoca said:
At the same time, if it is "the netcode patch" it's quite relevant, that until everyone playing the game online has the same patch, many won't notice any difference. So that could explain the desyncs and some not seeing any improvements.
Well me and Xevren both have the patch and he couldn't even connect to my room after his initial desynch.

fernoca

corkscrewblow said:
Well me and Xevren both have the patch and he couldn't even connect to my room after his initial desynch.
Maybe there are other things involved, I mean the patch just went out..so as I said, we'll see. At the moment we don't even know if it's the actual patch; though everything points to "yes". Maybe there will be a patch, for the patch..which is quite normal this days too. :p

Any word on Xbox 360 owners if it was handled as regular 5MB patch or as a bigger one (like Black Ops which was 15MB)?

fernoca

Seems the patch it's indeed the netcode patch, but as "some wished"; it went live first on PSN but not in every region/timezone and is not live yet on Xbox 360.

During E3, Boon talked about the patch been certified on PSN, but still waiting on 360.

A hotfix (to fix a few characters) is expected later as the posted-patch notes said.

djkimothy

Slamtastic said:
Got a bunch of people saying it in chat, and I personally don't get the cursor when I move over CSZ.

Well iplayed against 2 kratos and mk1 ermacs, scorpions and subs. I don't know what the chatty people are saying.

Net code is improved for sure..

I think most of the connecting/desync/random glitch problems might be due to not everyone having the patch yet.

Just had a good match.

(Well, netcode was good. I got blown up)

djkimothy

Slamtastic said:
I think most of the connecting/desync/random glitch problems might be due to not everyone having the patch yet.

Just had a good match.

(Well, netcode was good. I got blown up)

I think so too. Combination of people patched and not patched. Maybe they should have restarted the servers to force the patch? Idk

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
djkimothy said:
I think so too. Combination of people patched and not patched. Maybe they should have restarted the servers to force the patch? Idk

That's actually what I THOUGHT happened earlier today when I couldn't connect to the servers. But I restarted and no patch.

C'mon NRS, if even I can deduce that it's a good idea to reboot the servers when the patch hits...

Khezu

They seem to be giving out armor to a lot of abilities, mostly the movement ones, like cages shadow kick, jades glow kick, jax's dash punch, better armor on strykers thingy.
Also gave all of sheevas command grabs armor, so that should help her a bit.

Oh also nightwolfs charge, I do not agree with that one, but w/e.

Yes EX versions, of course.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Khezu said:
They seem to be giving out armor to a lot of abilities, mostly the movement ones, like cages shadow kick, jades glow kick, jax's dash punch, better armor on strykers thingy.

Just the EX versions, right?

sleepykyo

Khezu said:

Yes EX versions, of course.

Nice, the movement ones needed something extra. Well, you're probably right about Nightwolf's since it already got increased functionality (the extra ram).

Okay, I'd like to apologize for getting mad earlier.

Having several great matches now.

Assuming it gets to where it consistently connects and stays connected, the experience in match is good.

Khezu

Looks like liu's bike kick, and reptiles acid hand also got some armor love. It looks like there trying to indirectly make breakers less awesome by buffing EX attacks, which I kinda agree with, have to really see how it turns out.

Also some say less negative edge? Never really bugged me, but uh nice I guess.

sleepykyo

GhostRidah said:
Keep posting those netcode impressions guys, really hope its even slightly better than before.
Thanks to some insomnia just spent 3 hours. Desyncs are more common and it's moved from awful to mediocre . So it isn't a drastic improvement but it is one.

The only thing I can't get to work in MK9 is the overhead thing. Like JUMP and Front Punch so that he gets smacked down and up again. The so called jump punch, I guess.

It only works very rarely, and sometimes my character jumps up so slow.

Can someone help? What is the key?

Yeah more impressions on the online lag where possible please, hopefully it will stop dropped combos online due to pressing buttons too quickly for the network to remember.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, getting LOTS of desynchs and dropped connections, but when the connection doesn't drop, the connection quality is great.

Two steps forward, one step back, I guess.

sleepykyo

eravulgaris said:
The only thing I can't get to work in MK9 is the overhead thing. Like JUMP and Front Punch so that he gets smacked down and up again. The so called jump punch, I guess.

It only works very rarely, and sometimes my character jumps up so slow.

Can someone help? What is the key?

Has to be a neutral jump to get the bounce. Also it can't be done as a relaunch, but can used as a bound.

eg. Kung Lao: b+3,3 spin jump punch knocks down
1,1,2 spin jump punch bounces

edit: It doesn't have to be left punch, maybe sliding across the punch buttons will help.

BurningNad

I played for about 45 minutes today and didn't have a single laggy match. One match has some delay on the character select screen but once the match started it was fine. Matchmaking is also much faster.

Something worked, but it sucks that it's not better for everybody.

Edit: No drops or anything, well one match the other guy did, but I'm thinking it's cause I was about to do a fatality. :p

Xevren

With the online being decent (assuming you can actually connect anyway) maybe we can actually start using the PSN chat to get some matches in.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I was getting the "cannot synchronize" message pre-patch when rematching. Was hoping this would be fixed with the patch, but now it happens when playing a first match. Player match searching and the overall quality of matches seems better now, but unfortunately there's a host of other issues instead.

I want to play this game, but if they can't get their act together and fix the online, it's getting sold off-- although I am speaking specifically about the PS3 version. I have the game on 360 and have not been getting the synchronization errors.

But the DLC is coming. I don't want to give them more money when they can't even get the online working decently enough after several hotfixes and a patch.

sleepykyo

Lyte Edge said:
I was getting the "cannot synchronize" message pre-patch when rematching. Was hoping this would be fixed with the patch, but now it happens when playing a first match. Player match searching and the overall quality of matches seems better now, but unfortunately there's a host of other issues instead.

I want to play this game, but if they can't get their act together and fix the online, it's getting sold off-- although I am speaking specifically about the PS3 version. I have the game on 360 and have not been getting the synchronization errors.

But the DLC is coming. I don't want to give them more money when they can't even get the online working decently enough after several hotfixes and a patch.

Just sell off the PS3 version and buy the 360 dlc then? It was pretty much a given at this point in time the PS3 version of games are going to be of questionable polish.

fernoca

Lyte Edge said:
To be fair, this is the first update they do to the online-aspects of the game. The "several hotfixes" are only for character balancing. So give some more time, at least on the PS3 version..or if you don't have problems with the 360 version then buy the DLC for that version. :p

By the way, did the 360 finally got the patch? Haven't received my game yet, so can't check.
Seems that with E3 and the weekend most sites/people are away, so there's no actual place with info regarding the patch and latest hotfix, aside what was posted over a week ago. So haven't added the "patch note" to the online thread because of that. :p

sleepykyo said:
Has to be a neutral jump to get the bounce. Also it can't be done as a relaunch, but can used as a bound.

eg. Kung Lao: b+3,3 spin jump punch knocks down
1,1,2 spin jump punch bounces

edit: It doesn't have to be left punch, maybe sliding across the punch buttons will help.

What do you mean with a neutral jump?

Khezu

Neutral jump, just jump straight up, if you jump in a direction other then just straight up, the punch doesn't launch, so no jump in punch to launch.

Jubs

I'm new to MK and I need a little assistance. How do you do the short-hop overhead smash in this game? I'm watching a few combo vids, and every once in a while they'll throw in that short-hop smash in there to bounce them off the ground. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It's not a full jump, but it's like a shorter version of it. They barely jump off the ground when they do it.

Xevren

Jubs said:
I'm new to MK and I need a little assistance. How do you do the short-hop overhead smash in this game? I'm watching a few combo vids, and every once in a while they'll throw in that short-hop smash in there to bounce them off the ground. Anyone know what I'm talking about? It's not a full jump, but it's like a shorter version of it. They barely jump off the ground when they do it.

Sounds like a character specific normal, if you link to said vid and what time it happens it would help.

Jubs

MrMephistoX

Slamtastic said:
So after the patch, the DLC costumes don't work online and you can't select Kratos.
I know first hand this IS true for me unfortunately. Hopefully the patched gets a hotfix soon because it's unplayable for me now whereas I could connect pre-patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom