• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DasRaven said:
Yes, they are.

My notes:
Glad to hear Rain confirmed, expecting Cyber-Reptile and a Cyber Sub-zero alt in the Kenshi compatibility pack.
I thought the Cyrax/Sektor costume leaks from youtube were off a developer/partnernet version of the Skarlet DLC.

DasRaven

giancarlo123x said:
The third character reminds me of the Director in tower mode. lol

Director with Stuntman and RuuTuu alt costumes and a full moveset would be all kinds of cool.
Actually, that reminds me, we also have the full-black Noob & classic smoke ninja alts that could be unlocked as well.

notworksafe

Seraphis Cain said:
Is it just me, or does the last DLC character teased there seem like it could be a "joke" character? I know it's just a shadow, but something about it seems off.
Joke character? No, they already announced Rain.

notworksafe

As far as who the last character is, I'm guessing it's probably Shinnok. I'd prefer Havik, Li Mei, or Hotaru but I think all of them have been deconfirmed by Boon.

For costumes if we're getting two for each of the remaining three characters, I'd like Sonya + Kano, Cyber Smoke + Cyber Reptile, and Stryker + Kabal.

clockpunk

I'm desperate for Frost to see release as a DLC character... she seems like an ideal platform, with Sub Zero being... developed... as he is. Faster, with the Ice Puddle move, and another that might cause an opponent to be unable to move (but still strike/defend in one direction for a limited period of time), and any number of ice attacks that Sub Zero wasn't granted during this iteration. That would make me a happy gamer.

Stilllllll waiting to hear that we're getting Cyborg Smoke. And with his MK3 costume.

Also, I'd bet that future DLC "Compatability Packs" are gonna give us classic Smoke and Noob. Let's hope so, anyway.

I'm assuming the other character will be Fujin.

Because we've already heard the game announcer say his name in the leaked DLC vids (With the MK3 classics).

edit: damn you

fernoca

akilshohen said:
Haven't they already animated Frost fighting? Isn't she in one of the background fighting?
Character-models in the background are not as fully developed as the rest. The Frost fighting in Th Pit (background) is just a skin, for random characters that appear there.

Struct09

Boon pretty much confirmed that we won't be seeing Fujin

http://twitter.com/noobde/status/67240465090613248
@noobde said:
RT @KabalandStryker @noobde I really hope Fujin gets a really good fatilty in mk9 Noobde: Fujin is not in MK9.

http://twitter.com/Kaiser499/status/67240749737050115
@Kaiser499 said:
@noobde Fujin was found on the MK disc, his name even gets announced by the announcer.

http://twitter.com/noobde/status/67241748056903680
@noobde said:
RT @Kaiser499 @noobde Fujin in MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRrzi5ndp1o Noobde: Come back in a year and tell me Fujin is in the game.

fernoca

Klassic Cyrax and Sektor:

2oMnb.jpg

Courtesy of TRMK.

fernoca

The Lamonster said:
^ Is that new MK9 art or from a previous game?
New one, from next week's "free-preview pack".

EDIT: Updated the DLC section, again.. :p because of the recent news.

4Yl4S.png

New content will be added after release. From new kombatants, to new ways to kill (or die).

Out Now:
Klassic Kostume Pack
Price: $4.99 (PSN) / 400 Microsoft Points (XLM)
Kontent: Classic costumes that were once exclusive for preorders, etc. for Scorpion*, Sub-Zero*, Reptile*, Ermac, Kitana, Mileena and Jade.

*: Includes a retro fatality
(See 'What to buy' section for more information and artwork.)

Koming Soon:
New Playable Kharacter: Skarlet
Release: June 21, 2011
Kontent: Character model, biography, arcade ladder ending, X-ray move, special moves, 2 Fatalities, 1 Babality, retro costumes for Cyrax and Sektor*

*Retro costumes will also be free with the "preview pack". This preview pack is required to play online in order to see other players using Skarlet.

vp0Hg.png
Tu5L9.png

Skarlet: Shao Kahn Enforcer
Shao Kahn has many warriors under his command, but his trust lies solely in the fighters of his own creation. Warrior blood gathered from countless battlefields, fused with sorcery, produced his most effective enforcer yet: Skarlet.

An expert tracker, she preys on those deemed enemies of the empire. During kombat, Skarlet gains strength from her opponent's blood, absorbing it through her skin. Shao Kahn has a new mission for this formidable kombatant: discover Quan Chi's true intentions and kill him if he plots betrayal of the emperor.

LsVxs.png

New Playable Kharacter: Kenshi
Release: July 2011
Kontent: Character model, biography, arcade ladder ending, X-ray move, special moves, 2 Fatalities, 1 Babality

New Playable Kharacter: Rain
Release: July 2011
Kontent: Character model, biography, arcade ladder ending, X-ray move, special moves, 2 Fatalities, 1 Babality

New Playable Kharacter: ???
Release: August 2011
Kontent: Character model, biography, arcade ladder ending, X-ray move, special moves, 2 Fatalities, 1 Babality​

fernoca

Well, as usual Twitter ends been a relatively good source for news and updates.

Basically they're working on a fix for the latest patch on the PS3, and it seems that the problem is tied to anything related to DLC (i.e having/selecting the retro costumes, and Kratos -which uses a DLC slot-).

No confirmation if that's the reason as to why it hasn't been released on Xbox Live and a few PSN-regions haven't gotten the patch yet; but at least it's something. :p

Xevren

No idea if it's just me, but I've been playing online for the past few hours and I have had 0 desyncs or disconnects. Had some rage quitters, but that's not the game's fault.

Xevren

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN THE CHAT! Games were working perfectly fine tonight.

We had an all time high tonight, 2 people in the chat. Woo. Hopefully we can get more people in so we can get some bigger lobbies going.

BigFwoosh

Xevren said:
WE NEED MORE PEOPLE IN THE CHAT! Games were working perfectly fine tonight.

We had an all time high tonight, 2 people in the chat. Woo. Hopefully we can get more people in so we can get some bigger lobbies going.
I need to get in on this chat. Can I get an invite? PSN: BigFwoosh

Xevren

BigFwoosh said:
I need to get in on this chat. Can I get an invite? PSN: BigFwoosh

I'll send friend/chat invites here in a minute.

I'll send a chat invite once you accept the friend request, have to be on my list to get an invite.

Wow, kinda pissed I just came back to this game tonight only to see all the dlc and extra characters coming and yet they still haven't fixed the fucking lag. I wish they'd fix the lag, I really love this game.

alstein

Xevren said:
No idea if it's just me, but I've been playing online for the past few hours and I have had 0 desyncs or disconnects. Had some rage quitters, but that's not the game's fault.

I had 1 out of 8 matches tonight. I think the problems are sorting themselves out.

Not playing or practicing this game for 4-5 weeks really made me suck at it

dat rain! awesome to hear he is finally official.

Nice mk3 robots too but I am more of a person who grew up with mk 1 and 2 so to me it's just a nice extra compared to the awesomesauce klassic costumes, props to neverrealm for giving them away for free instead of like 240 msp or something.

Anyone know if the 360 patch hit today?

OH YEAH bitches just booted up my game on 360 and i'm prompted to a 3mb patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom