• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Wait...what's this..?

Oh Em Gee! Playing Kratos...and against a Scorp with a DLC costume! I must be a god (of war)!

Taken less than 5 minutes ago, online, on a patched game.

Once the 360 patch hits i'll waste my late evenings online again using klassic costumes, will be good (hopefully)

Any more feedback on the ps3 online patch, how is the netcode now that it's been out over a day?

Susurrus

Slamtastic said:
Usually if Kratos doesn't show up, the game desyncs at the loading screen, and if he shows up the match works.

Incorrect. Most of my games don't work very long, but the very few that do have been irrelevant of Kratos/DLC costumes loading.

miklonus

I just tried downloading the 1.02, and it keeps restarting my system every time I try to download it. Any one else have this problem?

icqpimp said:
I just tried downloading the 1.02, and it keeps restarting my system every time I try to download it. Any one else have this problem?

It happened to me when I was using my Australian account, worked fine for me after I switched over to my US one. Also, you could try staying at the confirmation screen for a while (when they show you that version 1.02 is available) before hitting X to start your download.*

*I use this method when Home updates aren't acting like they should. May not work but it doesn't hurt to try, i guess.

icqpimp said:
Yes. Here's how I resolved it. First, go to Settings in the XMB and make sure your PS3 firmware is up to date. Then, try to boot MK. When it gives you the update message, press circle to cancel. You should be able to play the game now, just not online yet. Select Online in the main menu, and then you'll get that update message again, but this time it will actually work!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Jubs said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FihZ-ui4hI - Reptile does it around the 7 second mark, right after he runs in on the other side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOn-zcRpa4M#t=00m36s - Here, Kung Lao does it right after he launches the guy in the air. He dashes in underneath, and does what looks like a hopping overhead smash.

I play as reptile and that is the start for my biggest damage BNB. Id just go into practice mode and keep practicing doing that move and punch. Which character were you trying to use that with? Either way it just takes practice to find the timing thats right for the character your playing and the character your fighting. I also know that you have to watch the amount of hits you do before you try that "jump" punch as some moves make them not launch the opponent back into the air.

So I hooked up with a fellow on a ranked match today who had a record of almost 3000 wins. How is that even possible? Not that I doubt his record, but the fact that he could actually connect to that many matches. Are certain regions better equipped for connecting or something? I've pretty much exclusively played ranked in regard to the online portion, and have only managed to get about 160 games going, and that's since the game was released.

djkimothy

TommyManberg said:
Well your first hand is lying because you can't select Kratos. I tried and you can't.

Lol. You can. Considering I played as classic reptile and the guy posted below you played kratos. So try again?

Xevren

corkscrewblow said:
Sigh...

Waiting for another patch till this game becomes playable online

A patch to patch the patch that was supposed to fix online. Hopefully we don't need a patch for that patch also.

Finished the tower and decided to go online...what a disaster! Horrible lag even on an awesome connection. Then you get players with insane skills levels going into the beginner rooms. Unless the patch makes major improvements, I think this one is gonna be dead not long from now...

Funny thing is I don't remember MK vs DC being this bad.

So basically what what we can gather is that there is no logic or consistency in regards to the random glitches that now happen in online modes after the patch that was supposed to fix it.

(In addition to the worsened matchmaking, as noted earlier)

BigFwoosh

Slamtastic said:
So basically what what we can gather is that there is no logic or consistency in regards to the random glitches that now happen in online modes after the patch that was supposed to fix it.

(In addition to the worsened matchmaking, as noted earlier)
Well, when we were playing earlier the disconnects would only happen when I lost. For real, if I lost a match in KotH, the next people would get disconnected and then I'd be up again. The netcode clearly prefers weaker players.

TommyManberg said:
Alright in my fourth online match I could pick Kratos but the match right after against a different person I couldn't. What could cause that?
I think having two Kratoses in the game confuses it.

fernoca

See, he's a good guy! :p

But the biggest thing to note from this whole interview would most definitely have to be Ono answering the question: "Will Street Fighter X Tekken have a story mode?" To which he replied something along the lines of: "Yes, but it won't be a full fledged story mode like Mortal Kombat had." He goes on to say: "They (Mortal Kombat) really knocked that out of the park, and we're really jealous." And to finish the question Ono-san stated that they were going to use Mortal Kombat's story mode for "future reference."

Anyway...
Xbox 360 patch is coming this week according to Boon's twitter. No mention of the problems in the PS3-patch.

Bleepey

fernoca said:
See, he's a good guy! :p

Anyway...
Xbox 360 patch is coming this week according to Boon's twitter. No mention of the problems in the PS3-patch.

Now just to talk him into MKVSSF. I think NRS should do MK VS SNK. It would help NRS get a name in Asia and help SNK get a name in the West. Oh and it would print money.

Kweh

Oh, the supposed patch that improves the lag is out on the PS3 already? I was playing it last night and didn't get prompted.

The new trailer below says "download now," but the Skarlet downloadable content will really hit the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on June 21, 2011. The trailer goes on to tease three additional characters -- Kenshi, Rain and a fighter to be named later.

Each character will be released individually this summer. Warner Bros. Interactive told IGN that a "compatibility pack" will accompany each release so that players who do not purchase the DLC will still be able to see online opponents using the DLC. These packs will be free and come with two skins (the first pack contains Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3-inspired Cyrax and Sektor).

mortal-kombat-20110613115816522.jpg

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh3z69pEZH4

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1176088p1.html

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it just me, or does the last DLC character teased there seem like it could be a "joke" character? I know it's just a shadow, but something about it seems off.

Seraphis Cain said:
Is it just me, or does the last DLC character teased there seem like it could be a "joke" character? I know it's just a shadow, but something about it seems off.

It's possible that they're just using a dummy silhouette in order to not give away the third character.

Khezu

_dementia said:
Aren't classic Sektor and Cyrax outfits already on the disc? I assume it's just the unlock in the pack.

Not sure, retro cyrax does appear in the desert, but he looks slightly different and a lot less textured then the mk3 outfits that the one dude pulled of the dev xbl marketplace.

Anyway, 4th character is probably shinnok, also rain looks more ninjaish then his armageddon outfit.

DasRaven

_dementia said:
Aren't classic Sektor and Cyrax outfits already on the disc? I assume it's just the unlock in the pack.

Yes, they are.

My notes:
Glad to hear Rain confirmed, expecting Cyber-Reptile and a Cyber Sub-zero alt in the Kenshi compatibility pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom