• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Not to mention that the DLC could even be priced at $1 (80 MSPoints) and people would complain anyway because it still costs something, and because of the way the console marketplace works, they'll need to add points/money to spend that $1 and they'll have money left after buying it.

Lets face it, the complaints in general are targeted at anything that has a price. As other developers has done, they could release things for free for months/years and the moment they charge for something, anything..it's seen as outrageous.

Xevren said:
Sent out invites to those who asked to get in the chat. If anyone else wants in just send me a friend request so I can invite you, I'll be back on later.

psn id is Xevren11
What's the name of the chat, info, etc....to add it to the online-thread? Since I'm no longer on PS3, is good to see soemone giving some life to the online side of this game. :)

Khezu

sf2fanatic said:
Does any one know if there will be Wednesday Night fights tonight? I usually get home from work and I'll check it out for a while..Thx

I think WNF is done for awhile, they just had there season finally and revelations.
Not sure when it comes back.

Xevren

fernoca said:
Not to mention that the DLC could even be priced at $1 (80 MSPoints) and people would complain anyway because it still costs something, and because of the way the console marketplace works, they'll need to add points/money to spend that $1 and they'll have money left after buying it.

Lets face it, the complaints in general are targeted at anything that has a price. As other developers has done, they could release things for free for months/years and the moment they charge for something, anything..it's seen as outrageous.

What's the name of the chat, info, etc....to add it to the online-thread? Since I'm no longer on PS3, is good to see soemone giving some life to the online side of this game. :)

It's the chat you started. I've just been trying to get some people in it.

ToyBroker said:
So it's pretty much confirmed the patch turned the online to ass on PS3?

It can be, the past couple days has been pretty good though. Very little lag and very few desyncs. When you can connect to people it's great, but sometimes issues do popup.

MrMephistoX

fernoca said:
Good news everyone...I think.. :p

Skarlet and the other 3 upcoming DLC characters will be priced at: $4.99 (400 MSPoints) each.

Way better tthan the $7-$10 I was expecting, since the retro pack costs $5 too.

Adding the price to the main post now.

EDIT:
Europe/UK will be getting Skarlet and the retro-pack on June 22.
Pretty reasonable assuming each of them come with costume packs like this one.

KombatNetwork

Neo Member
Hey everyone... new to NeoGAF, but not to fighting games or MK.

Name is Phil, or in the MK Community 9.95

I'm a moderator over on testyourmight.com, classicmk.com, and ultimatemk.com as well as the owner of KombatNetwork.com(which includes all three previously mentioned sites).

Anyway, the KombatNetwork stream will be up again tonight from about 8pm EST to about midnight, maybe a little later.

www.justin.tv/kombatnetwork

you can read more about it at: http://tinyurl.com/3vq99yf

Tonight we're going to have some seriously fierce competition. Here's tonight potential lineup:

Chris G - CEO MK9 CHAMPION
TS Sabin(if he can make it)
Riu48(if he can make it)
REO
Dark Rob
Scoot MaGee
Spencer(aka Classy Sasquatch)
Red Saleen
Louie Moo
BustaUppa
D.Barrett
Hitoshura

Working on trying to get SweetJohnnyCage and LI Joe tonight as well. Stay tuned... more news on tonight's players throughout the day.

Fantasmo

Good games last night guys, feel free to add me if you want PSN Str8upawesome. Btw whoever was Reptile vs my SubZero, I was sweating near the end of the match lol

Khezu

malfcn said:
Is Smoke OTG out? Because I just booted today and it's still there.

It's supposed to be, the new ps3 only patch is the one that removed it.
Though, you can still OTG with the EX smoke bomb, it just knocks them back and doesn't juggle them anymore, but it does 10% unscaled damage, so if you want to waste a meter you can add 10% to any of your combos.

At least this is what I have read, I have an xbox so I can't test any of it yet.

JRPereira

Regarding disconnects, particularly in KOTH, you may want to try clearing any port forwarding/etc. in your router. I had some stuff from a while back that was set up for borderlands, minecraft, bnet, etc. which I no-longer use - after clearing it my connection issues have pretty much cleared up.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Khezu said:
It's supposed to be, the new ps3 only patch is the one that removed it.
Though, you can still OTG with the EX smoke bomb, it just knocks them back and doesn't juggle them anymore, but it does 10% unscaled damage, so if you want to waste a meter you can add 10% to any of your combos.

At least this is what I have read, I have an xbox so I can't test any of it yet.

where did you read that? id like to know what else can do unscaled damages!

Khezu

Trin3785 said:
where did you read that? id like to know what else can do unscaled damages!

Think it was on paulo's twitter, one of the designer dudes.

Nice stream TYM guy, do you guys not have any mics for commentary?

Struct09

Season pass for XBL announced:

http://www.trmk.org/news/22474/mortal_kombat_season_pass_for_xbox_360_announced.html

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are excited to announce the Mortal Kombat Season Pass which will offer Mortal Kombat fans an added incentive to buy all four new Add-on warriors at one time for a reduced price instead of when purchasing them individually. The first Mortal Kombat downloadable warrior, Skarlet, will be available for download starting June 21st and will be followed by Kenshi, Rain, and an unannounced new entrant to the Mortal Kombat tournament! Each warrior will come with a full move set, a ladder arcade story ending and two fatalities.

Available for purchase starting June 21st, the Mortal Kombat Season Pass will allow users to buy all four downloadable warriors as a package for 1200 Microsoft points. Each individual warrior can be purchased when they release for 400 Microsoft points. Each warrior will become unlocked for download as they become available throughout the summer.

Further, in order to allow for seamless online play with the new downloadable warriors, free compatibility packs will be required to download with the release of each new warrior. As an added incentive, each compatibility pack will come with two FREE klassic skins – the first of which are being released with Skarlet will be Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 inspired Cyrax and Sektor. Gamers who purchase the Mortal Kombat Season Pass (or individual Add-on content) will automatically get the free klassic skins when they download each warrior. Those who do not purchase the Mortal Kombat Season Pass or the Add-ons, will be able to download the compatibility packs for free and have access to the klassic skins as well.

Please note: The Mortal Kombat Season Pass is only available for purchase on Microsoft’s Xbox LIVE. PlayStation users will also have full access to the individual DLC warriors (for $4.99), the compatibility packs, and the FREE klassic skins.

fernoca

Yep, was about to post that. XD
In other words, Xbox 360 owners that buy the Season Pass will get a free character/download....in the long run. :p

It also confirms that each download/compatibility pack will include 2 retro skins:
As an added incentive, each compatibility pack will come with two FREE klassic skins – the first of which are being released with Skarlet will be Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 inspired Cyrax and Sektor.​

Khezu

The first Mortal Kombat downloadable warrior, Skarlet, will be available for download starting June 21st and will be followed by Kenshi, Rain, and an unannounced new entrant to the Mortal Kombat tournament!

Interesting.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NetherRealm Studios are excited to announce the Mortal Kombat Season Pass which will offer Mortal Kombat fans an added incentive to buy all four new Add-on warriors at one time for a reduced price instead of when purchasing them individually. The first Mortal Kombat downloadable warrior, Skarlet, will be available for download starting June 21st and will be followed by Kenshi, Rain, and an unannounced new entrant to the Mortal Kombat tournament! Each warrior will come with a full move set, a ladder arcade story ending and two fatalities.

Available for purchase starting June 21st, the Mortal Kombat Season Pass will allow users to buy all four downloadable warriors as a package for 1200 Microsoft points. Each individual warrior can be purchased when they release for 400 Microsoft points. Each warrior will become unlocked for download as they become available throughout the summer.
Guess they mean two unannounced new entrants...

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot about Skarlet. I promise I know how to count.

NeonZ

It is kind of a waste that Smoke doesn't seem to be getting his own classic cyber ninja outfit. If Ermac, Smoke and Noob could get MK1 outfits (although only Ermac's is selectable), I don't see why Smoke couldn't get a classic Cyber one. We know nothing about any extra outfits, right? Right now we're missing MK1 Smoke & Noob, but that's it, so everything else will need to be new.

Ribbon

What happened to your ps3 fernoca? I was wondering why the person who started the thread hadn't been on psn to play mortal kombat for a few weeks

fernoca

Ribbon said:
What happened to your ps3 fernoca? I was wondering why the person who started the thread hadn't been on psn to play mortal kombat for a few weeks
Auto-turned itself off....forever! :p (then got it to turn on, but wasn't displaying any image at least Sony was nice enough to deactivate all the PS3s linked to my account through an email, this is actually the 3rd one I lose) Didn't and don't have the money to fix it, so sold it along with the games, etc. And got aa nice amount of credit to buy stuff in the meantime. :p

I'll be getting the 360 version..soon. Apparently today (got it for $25-new). So, yay! to restarting the story mode and beat over 250 challenges again!..and unlock everything all over again. XD

SomeDude said:
Is Mortal Kombat popular in europe? Was it ever?
Well, the recent game sold great apparently better than recent Capcom-fighters; but that aside there are no more details.

NeonZ said:
It is kind of a waste that Smoke doesn't seem to be getting his own classic cyber ninja outfit. If Ermac, Smoke and Noob could get MK1 outfits (although only Ermac's is selectable), I don't see why Smoke couldn't get a classic Cyber one. We know nothing about any extra outfits, right? Right now we're missing MK1 Smoke & Noob, but that's it, so everything else will need to be new.
Robot Smoke needs to be his own dlc character based on his mk3 moves, not just a costume. Hopefully he will still come later on since he was my favorite in the old games.

Deadstar

Anyone know if they'll be announcing a season pass for ps3? I'd rather pay once and get a discount. Oh well, either way, I'll buy everything they put out. The game nights I have with three other friends are too much fun.

Struct09

Deadstar said:
Anyone know if they'll be announcing a season pass for ps3? I'd rather pay once and get a discount. Oh well, either way, I'll buy everything they put out. The game nights I have with three other friends are too much fun.

The press release makes it sound like there will be no season pass for the PS3. If there was going to be one, you would expect it to be available when Skarlet goes up.

notworksafe

DasRaven said:
The season pass seems to be the 360's "Kratos bonus.". A "free" character for those who buy the season pass.
Except their "free" character can be used in tournaments. :(

Might get the DLC for 360 and PS3 now. I was planning on get it for PS3 only before.

GrayFoxPL

So why can I play online when I haven't entered my online code yet?

Played many hours online, I hope the new patch won't fuck it up for me. Online works for me fine. Only thing that doesn't work is Sektor. Combos just don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom