• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyx

Thought it would be time for MK again last night, so I booted up my 360 version, tried to find a ranked online game, but again no succes.

I guess the online patch for 360 is not available yet ?

Such a shame that a game like this MK has such terrible netcode...

Khezu

So I guess the xbox patch is up?

I can't test it because my friend is borrowing my game for awhile.
Also official kenshi concept.
kenshi_concept.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
post-patch impressions:

7 ranked games attempted, 7 desyncs. is it too late to ask for a classic costume pack refund?

what a bunch of crap. :(

fernoca said:
The bundle was announced the next day he posted that. ;p
Though at the moment, the bundle is Xbox 360 exclusive.
Trying to still play the waiting game. I think I will bite on the pass though, maybe after I see whats in pack 2. The week of E3 it was so hard to not be a fighting game DLC whore, Klassic pack, Shadow Battle 9 and SSFIVAE.
I'm a beast with Sindel, I probably need more practice. This is also the first fighting game where I will give the edge to the PS3 because of the controller.

notworksafe

So there's going to be a pretty big tourney here this weekend and I'm making/running the MK bracket as well as playing. Now I hear that Jwong is going to be coming...should I match myself against him? I'll most likely get blown up, but I feel like I can't pass up this opportunity. :p

Chavelo

notworksafe said:
So there's going to be a pretty big tourney here this weekend and I'm making/running the MK bracket as well as playing. Now I hear that Jwong is going to be coming...should I match myself against him? I'll most likely get blown up, but I feel like I can't pass up this opportunity. :p

YELLOW CARD!

notworksafe: "Well, well, well... LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE HERE! It's me against Justin Wong. Wow, what luck, eh?"

Is it the Comic Expo tourney down at ABQ? Damn, if it was two weeks from now, I would totally hit it up. Not even far (I live in Denver, CO) D: Got some family down (mom, sisters). DAMN IT. /cries

notworksafe

FallingEdge said:
New Mexico tourney?

Go for it. Should be fun!
Yessir, that's the one!

You still coming and bringing most of CO? Someone other than Jwong has to win that big Mahvel prize!

Chavelo said:
YELLOW CARD!

Is it the Comic Expo tourney down at ABQ? Damn, it was two weeks from now, I would totally hit it up. Not even far (I live in Denver, CO) D: Got some family down (mom, sisters). DAMN IT. /cries
Duuuuude. We'll have videos up after the tourney, so you can see the matches at least. Net is too bad at the expo center for streaming though. :(

Chavelo said:
notworksafe: "Well, well, well... LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE HERE! It's me against Justin Wong. Wow, what luck, eh?"
Luck for him, maybe. I'm not that good. :p If nothing else I may just have someone snap a pic of him whupping my ass.

tirminyl

Just bought this as part of the Toys R us 2 for $50 deal. I'm loving it. Going through the story mode now but Smoke seams to be my favorite so far.

notworksafe said:
Yessir, that's the one!

You still coming and bringing most of CO? Someone other than Jwong has to win that big Mahvel prize!

Yup! I wanna say we got around 15 peeps. You should hook me up with a venue discount ^_^

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
CartridgeBlower said:
I still cannot get in a ranked game online.

Still.

PS3, btw.

I still get disconnects when rematching on PS3. BUT it has been improved post-patch...I had one match where I was able to fight the same person again! WOW! Progress!

notworksafe

FallingEdge said:
Yup! I wanna say we got around 15 peeps. You should hook me up with a venue discount ^_^
As nothing but a lowly bracket runner, I am the wrong guy to ask. Some of your guys came out here last week and stole dat Mahvel money at a smaller tourney so make them pay for you. :p It's actually a ComicCon thing, not us. We don't see any of the venue fee...but at least you get entry to the rest of the convention.

But yeah, if you're going to stick around post-tourney you should grab a beer or something with the NM GAF crew!

Khezu

Smision said:
Netherrealms seems to be sleeping on fixing/patching everything. accurate assessment or have they given some timeline or explanation?

They have talked about it on twitter, the desyncs seem to be a problem with the retro costumes and they are working on a fix right now.

MK_MortalKombat

If you have the classic skins and are seeing a desync error with the 1.02 patch, hold tight, we have a fix in the works.

How soon that means who knows.

fernoca said:
The bundle was announced the next day he posted that. ;p
Though at the moment, the bundle is Xbox 360 exclusive.

So if we want the bundle we have to wait until August? Or can we do it tomorrow and it will detected we've already paid for the bundle when the rest of the characters come out?

MrMephistoX

Khezu said:
They have talked about it on twitter, the desyncs seem to be a problem with the retro costumes and they are working on a fix right now.

How soon that means who knows.

That makes sense the overall online speed and ease of finding a match has been greatly improved but I'm kind of tempted to uninstall the classic skins temporarily just to see if I'll have a better experience.

Khezu

MrMephistoX said:
That makes sense the overall online speed and ease of finding a match has been greatly improved but I'm kind of tempted to uninstall the classic skins temporarily just to see if I'll have a better experience.

That might help a bit, but you would still get desyncs because other people you're versing will still have the packs, and who knows how people with only like 1 or 2 costumes fit into the problem. Worse, tomorrow skarlet and the two robot costumes come out, could be even more problematic.

Hope they fix it soon.

vocab

_dementia said:
Isn't the patch only on 360 for now?

PS3 only for now.

The thing is, they improved the netcode/stability, but the functionality of the matchmaking is still kind of shit. I just stick to the rooms or private games with gaffers.

VariantX

After the patch on 360, i can select ranked match and not have to wait minutes for it to find a match, my wait times have been as short as 10 seconds and the longest ive had to wait so far is about a minute. Theres still slight lag, but its no where as bad as it used to be where there was a huge gap between what i pressed and what finally happens on screen. For me, the experience is greatly improved. Only issue i have is not being able to select classic costumes anymore though.

fernoca

Squall ASF said:
So if we want the bundle we have to wait until August? Or can we do it tomorrow and it will detected we've already paid for the bundle when the rest of the characters come out?
Tomorrow along with Skarlet.
Like with the Rockstar Pass, you buy the 'pass' and after that, you access the in-game store and just download whatever new stuff is released.

And yep, Xbox 360 patch is up 4MB (3MB patch was the original one) and a fix to the PS3 1.02/desync problems is coming...soon. Seems the 360-patch also has the same problem (to some) of the PS3 one with the retro costumes, so a fix may be in he works..too.

No problems with the retro costumes here after the patch...yet.

sweet picked up the game for the first time in like 2 months and game froze on jade vs smoke story fight and corrupted my save data. fuck it time to sell,i aint schlocking thru the single player again.

fernoca

Just played 26 matches with a friend online, that got the game thanks to the awesome Toys R us deal. So awesome to be back. We stopped playing because he wanted to try out Black Ops (the other game he got in that 2 for $50 deal) and he was tired since he just returned from work and had to get up early. XD

On more MK related news...
TRMK.org posted a quite awesome guide/FAQ, related to the Skarlet DLC and other pertaining issues. So thanks for quite nice FAQ.

Z8Hpc.jpg

We have noticed there is a lot of confusion about what is happening with the Skarlet DLC arrival tomorrow. So we're hoping this informative post will answer most of your questions you may have. Tomorrow there will be a few different options available to Mortal Kombat fans to get the Skarlet DLC. Below we will outline the three different options of obtaining Skarlet available to you.

Skarlet Compatibility Pack
  • Free / 0 Microsoft Points
  • Contains Klassic MK3 skins for Cyrax and Sektor
  • Allows you to play against opponents online who purchased Skarlet
  • You will NOT be able to play as Skarlet online or in arcade mode

Skarlet DLC Pack
  • $4.99 or 400 Microsoft Points
  • Contains Klassic MK3 skins for Cyrax and Sektor
  • Allows you to play as Skarlet online and offline in Arcade mode
  • Allows you to play against opponents online who purchased Skarlet

Kombat Season Pass on Xbox 360
  • 1200 Microsoft Points ($15)
  • Gives you all 4 DLC characters for the price of 3
  • Only available for a limited time. Will not be available forever.
  • Xbox 360 Only!
  • Future DLC Characters included: Kenshi, Rain and Unannounced 4th Character
  • This is the Best Value for Xbox 360 owners

Downloadable Content (DLC) Frequently Asked Questions

Q. When will Skarlet be available for download?
A. The Xbox Marketplace usually updates around 5am-6am Eastern on Tuesday morning. PlayStation Network usually updates in the "afternoon" on Tuesday, so almost twelve hours later giving Xbox players first access to Skarlet.​

Q. What is required for Downloading Skarlet tomorrow?
A. In order to play as Skarlet your game must be updated to the 1.02 version of Mortal Kombat (2011), which was just released on the Xbox 360 earlier today and for the PS3 last week.​

Q. If I own an Xbox 360 Should I Get the Kombat Season Pass? If so, why?
A. By all means, YES! This is an incredible deal that is only available for a limited time. You are basically getting one character for free by pre-paying for three DLC characters with the Kombat Season Pass. I see no negative to this deal, besides being only available on the Xbox 360.​

Q. Are there new DLC Achievements for Mortal Kombat (2011)?
A. So far there isn't any new Achievements with the 1.02 patch, but it is possible that they may add Achievements with future DLC patch. We have contacted NetherRealm for clarification of any future achievement plans.​

Q. I'm getting desync errors when playing online.
A. There is an known issue with the classic skins which we believe is Xbox 360 only and no known fix is available yet. Also be sure to download the Skarlet Compatibility Pack if you don't plan on buying Skarlet but you still want to play online.​

Q. How do you do Skarlet's Moves and Fatalities?
A. We do not have a confirmed moves list at this time, but keep an eye on our Skarlet Character Move Page for information as it becomes available.​

Q. How long does the Season Pass last?
A. The Season Pass works forever, and will allow you to download each character's DLC as they become available over the next few months.​

Q. What are the other DLC Characters?
A. They have confirmed Kenshi and Rain as future DLC. The fourth DLC character is still unknown at this time.​

Q. When does the next DLC characters get released?
A. The release schedule is unknown at this time, but we'd guess that you'll see just about one new character per month for the next four months.​

Q. Will Skarlet (or any future DLC) affect the "My Kung Fu is Stronger" Achievement / Trophy?
A. It's unknown at this time, but we have contacted NetherRealm for clarification of this.​

Q. Will future DLC Packs also come with new skins for existing characters?
A. It has been confirmed that this is intact the case. Just not known what characters are getting new artwork treatment at this point in time.​

VXXzE.jpg

The only thing to add is that the "retro-costumes/desync problem" not only happens for 360 owners, but PS3 too. And a fix ifs coming for both; probably as 1.03 o nPS3.

I cannot BELIEVE this patch broke the fucking game even more.

I have "played" 8 post-patch games on the 360. FOUR of them got de-synced. Two of them didn't even make it to the actual game before it crapped out.

Piss poor, Netherrealm. If you have the nerve to tack on one of those stupid ass online passes, can you at least make sure the multiplayer fucking works? It's been over two months and the online still functions like total shit.

fernoca

AnEternalEnigma said:
I cannot BELIEVE this patch broke the fucking game even more.

I have "played" 8 post-patch games on the 360. FOUR of them got de-synced. Two of them didn't even make it to the actual game before it crapped out.

Piss poor, Netherrealm. If you have the nerve to tack on one of those stupid ass online passes, can you at least make sure the multiplayer fucking works? It's been over two months and the online still functions like total shit.
At least the issue has been identified. If you have any retro costume acquired through a code, delete it. If you don't, contact WB/Netherrealm and specify your problem, so they can look into it. What the patch was intended to fix the lag for the most part did reduce the lag and improved the overall experience...it just ended damaging the game in other aspects.

I played 26 straight matches online with a friend a few hours ago, post patch and everything was fine .Though I made sure to tell him to not download the retro Kitana costume he got (he bought the game new at TRU); just in case. I've been using the $5-pack with the retro costumes and no problems. Maybe the issue it's also tied to the differnet unlock keys overwriting the main unlock key.

Also keep in mind that online passes = WB, not Netherrealm so give the guys a break. Not trying to be an apologist (or corporate chill) like I know many think I am, just be calm. :p

fernoca

Well, the DLC is live on Xbox Live!

Skarlet/Compatibility Pack are 86.06MB.
The pass is 108kb since it's just an unlock key that is supposed to mark the 4 DLC-characters as 'purchased' (in-game).

Like with the Rockstar Pass when it launched, buying the pass right now doesn't unlock the other stuff as "purchased"; so you have to wait during the day to download it. If you're buying just Skarlet, no problem.

EDIT:
The downloads recommend to download the compatibility pack before going/doing anything online. Just did, and Skarlet appeared priced at 0, after downloading the pass. And now have Skarlet selectable and both Cyrax/Sektor Skins! :)

Announcer sounds ..different.. saying 'Skarlet'.. XD

EDIT 2:
Cyrax/Sektor retro costumes look ace!

EDIT 3:
Skarlet's fast and really feels like a different character. Kinda reminds me to Ibuki from Street Fighter with the small blades and the dashes. Her 'Blood Ball' move drains health, but also takes a nice amount of damage.

Kinda fun seeing her to perform her fatalities on the cyborgs...guess she loves oil too.

EDIT 4:
Her model is not added to the rest of the characters in Nekropolis. She also doesn't have a secondary/alternate costume. Her ladder ending is quite nice and the most animated of the endings though. Her secondary color is..kinda wine. :p

fernoca

Tokubetsu said:
How do you do her second and stage fatalities?
Don't know..yet. :p I'll be going to sleep now since it's 6AM and I stood till now to download Skarlet .."only" and ended playing Ladder with her. XD

Let's see if when I return someone already figured them out. Unlike the others, this can't be bought in the krypt or read through a guide...yet. Guess it's back to the arcade days of guessing at the moment.

Khezu

If you click on the MK season pass on the dashboard, if you hit up it shows whats coming in the next month.

Both kenshi and rain are coming in july, it shows rain, surprise hes a purple ninja!
It also says classic noob and smoke are coming as well, however, it shows renders of them, but there not the MK1 outfits, there MK2 outfits, with the paintball masks, hopefully there mk2 outfits and there renders aren't just randomly misleading.

NeonZ

fernoca said:
EDIT 4:
Her model is not added to the rest of the characters in Nekropolis. She also doesn't have a secondary/alternate costume. Her ladder ending is quite nice and the most animated of the endings though. Her secondary color is..kinda wine. :p

What? Didn't the leak show that she had an alt? I wonder what happened with that. Have you checked it after finishing the ladder?

Glad that the patch is finally here, sad that it fucks with retro costumes (I ALWAYS use them :( )

Buying the season pass, I feel that this game is worth it for the long run, not sure if I will play as many of the dlc characters however, I just want them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom