• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DasRaven said:
The season pass seems to be the 360's "Kratos bonus.". A "free" character for those who buy the season pass.

Yeah, but won't PS3 get the extra character as well? Or is PS3 only getting Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain?

fernoca

GrayFoxPL said:
So why can I play online when I haven't entered my online code yet?

Played many hours online, I hope the new patch won't fuck it up for me. Online works for me fine. Only thing that doesn't work is Sektor. Combos just don't work.
Maybe they forgot to press the button to make it "online pass only" after the Store returned (if you're on PS3). :p

Darn, June 21 will be so great. New MK character and new LA Noire case! :)

U n i o n 0015 said:
Yeah, but won't PS3 get the extra character as well? Or is PS3 only getting Skarlet, Kenshi, and Rain?
The 360-Season Pass gives 4 characters for the price of 3; therefore 1 been free. While at the moment the pass hasn't been announced for the PS3. ;)

4 characters = 1600 Microsoft Points / $19.96 (PSN @ $4.99 each)
Season Pass = 4 characters = 1200 Microsoft Points ($14.99 in"real money" or $3.75 per character)

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
Maybe they forgot to press the button to make it "online pass only" after the Store returned (if you're on PS3). :p

Darn, June 21 will be so great. New MK character and new LA Noire case! :)

The 360-Season Pass gives 4 characters for the price of 3; therefore 1 been free. While at the moment the pass hasn't been announced for the PS3. ;)

Maybe Kenshi will kill Skarlett and we get him 21, then weak later Dead Skarlett dlc for 00.05$ as she just lies there... dead.

notworksafe said:
I know NRS turned off online pass stuff for PSN when the store was down. Did they not put it back up?

Nope. Maybe they decided to fuck this shit.

fernoca

GrayFoxPL said:
Maybe Kenshi will kill Skarlett and we get him 21, then weak later Dead Skarlett dlc for 00.05$ as she just lies there... dead.
That reminds me that Boon has been constantly asked (by me also :p) about making a 'free DLC-unlock" to select the zombie characters as extra costumes; without the need of inputting the 666-666 kombat kode or test your luck-slot.

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
That reminds me that Boon has been constantly asked (by me also :p) about making a 'free DLC-unlock" to select the zombie characters as extra costumes; without the need of inputting the 666-666 kombat kode or test your luck-slot.

Would be great. I can't remember even one code.

WB Season pass release said:
an unannounced new entrant to the Mortal Kombat tournament!

It has been officially announced that the 4th character will be NEW, someone not in a past MK game. What's funny is that this has been on Boon's Twitter today.

If Ryu from Street Fighter was the 4th DLC character. Would u consider that a good or bad thing?

RT @LATTOS @noobde ****ing horrible. **** street fighter, its all about MK Noobde: OK, I get it.... but what about KEN from Street Fighter?

Ryu the 4th DLC character - the prelude to a SF vs MK???? Or just another joke from Boon?

GrayFoxPL

_dementia said:
I'm going out on a limb and assume that's Boon trolling.

Drunk trolling.

I came to conclusion that all fighting game devs are drunks.

Harada drinks like a dragon. He openly admitted that.

Boon drinks and trolls the internet.

Ono drinks while doing cocaine.

That's the best time to make them agree on all those random guest characters.

fernoca

At the same time, I think it needs to be someone with some ties to the old games (rumors, etc.) or something (like Skarlet).

So it may be Zebron or Hornbuckle. :p

Bleepey

2rzc93m.jpg

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
At the same time, I think it needs to be someone with some ties to the old games (rumors, etc.) or something (like Skarlet).

So it may be Zebron or Hornbuckle. :p

Or maybe Boon actually did finish AquaMan from MKvsDC?

Btw. Wouldn't be funny if they made another deal with DC and put all superheroes back as a dlc for MK9? Or made a separate mode? Easy money.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
GrayFoxPL said:

Btw. Wouldn't be funny if they made another deal with DC and put all superheroes back as a dlc for MK9? Or made a separate mode? Easy money.

Warner Bros. owns Mortal Kombat.

Warner Bros. also owns DC.

Wouldn't be that hard to do.

GrayFoxPL said:

I don't think they need to make a deal with DC considering they are part of the same parent company now. If WB approves it, they can do it.

GrayFoxPL

U n i o n 0015 said:
SF vs MK needs to happen some time in my lifetime.

Your and mine brother. Hopefully by the time we would still remember our names. And where bathroom is.

Life is funny, we wanted Tekken vs VF we got TxSF. We wanted MK vs SF we got MK vs Goddamn Batman! We will probably get VF vs Smash Bros.

Seraphis Cain said:
Warner Bros. owns Mortal Kombat.

Warner Bros. also owns DC.

Wouldn't be that hard to do.

I'm sure we'll get at least Batman in mk on Batman 3 premiere.

Bleepey

GrayFoxPL said:
Your and mine brother. Hopefully by the time we would still remember our names. And where bathroom is.

Life is funny, we wanted Tekken vs VF we got TxSF. We wanted MK vs SF we got MK vs Goddamn Batman! We will probably get VF vs Smash Bros.

I'm sure we'll get at least Batman in mk on Batman 3 premiere.

I think if Capcom don't wanna play ball with NRS. NRS should do MK vs SNK. It helps make SNK popualr in the West and MK popular in the East. Shit's a licence to print money

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Bleepey said:
I think if Capcom don't wanna play ball with NRS. NRS should do MK vs SNK. It helps make SNK popualr in the West and MK popular in the East. Shit's a licence to print money

The problem is that SNK only has maybe 10% of MK's popularity over here in the West. It wouldn't even be a profitable venture for them to pursue.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
GrayFoxPL said:
We will probably get VF vs Smash Bros.

Make it happen. All of Akira's Smash attacks = block + A with 1/2 frame delay between button presses. Smash Bros with real fighting game mechanics confirmed.

Bleepey

Seraphis Cain said:
The problem is that SNK only has maybe 10% of MK's popularity over here in the West. It wouldn't even be a profitable venture for them to pursue.
Read what i said again. MK isn't popular in the East but SNK are. SNK aren't popular in the West but MK is. It could open up new audiences for SNK in the West and New audiences for MK in the East.

GrayFoxPL

Bleepey said:
Read what i said again. MK isn't popular in the East but SNK are. SNK aren't popular in the West but MK is. It could open up new audiences for SNK in the West and New audiences for MK in the East.

I think SNKP bosses are way more hardheaded then Capcoms. Or being traditionalists if you prefer. They probably don't know what mortal kombat is.

But the idea is cool. Shame snkp just loves to fail.

Thing about MK cross overs is that if the other game is not allowed to have much gore it halfs what MK is, maybe a MK vs Eternal Champions would work :p

GrayFoxPL

Had an amazing online fight between my CSZ and normal Sub. Basically equals. First round ended in time-out, second only 2sec left on the clock. Ice was flying, hilarious double freezes etc. I won this by a hair.

But later I learned the match up better and kept winning and now I'm convinced CSZ>SZ.

CSZ has a bit better tools. Teleport>Ice clone. But regular Sub has better combos.

Also note: sub x-ray beats kabals x-ray when done at the same time.

Another note: Kano can beat Subs x-ray with low kick combo. What the fuck?

I want replay save feature NRS! :(

Atruvius

Yesterday I played offline versus with a non-gaming-friend of mine. It was even his first playing a MK game. He said that the x-ray moves were gross and fatalities literally made him feel ill. :lol

Khezu

Another note: Kano can beat Subs x-ray with low kick combo. What the fuck?

Subs x-ray only has armor during the movement part of the animation, so if you are quick enough, you can beat him out of it.

GrayFoxPL

Khezu said:
Subs x-ray only has armor during the movement part of the animation, so if you are quick enough, you can beat him out of it.

Yeah I couldn't believe my eyes. His x-ray goes like length of 2 dashes. I got beat out of it about halfway through it's animation.

AAK

I sort of forgot but I remember reading something like this before., I'm planning on taking my PS3 over to a gathering for some games. Do I need to be connected to the internet for the patched version to run?

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
I sort of forgot but I remember reading something like this before., I'm planning on taking my PS3 over to a gathering for some games. Do I need to be connected to the internet for the patched version to run?

US got the 1.2 patch, so if you downloaded it already it should stay for good.

fernoca

Back to MK, received the 360 version today.
Going over the story mode again, on medium again..so can't wait for that final battle..again!! XD

I did noticed that the visuals are slightly better on 360 vs. the PS3 version. Looks cleaner and darker, but also the pixelated fire-effects from the PS3 version are not in the 360 version. Scorpion victory pose were he escapes to the Netherrealm, on PS3 the fire looks pixelated and overall blurry (though it was on purpose), but on 360 looks sharp and clean.

That aside no other big differences. Also got the retro pack, so can't wait for Skarlet this tuesday! :)

Mileena

Banned
Noticed something strange earlier. Whenever I picked Mileena costume 3 the game would desync. If I just hit X and used default we never got desynched. I guess I can't use my naked waifu Mileena costume :(

fernoca

corkscrewblow said:
Noticed something strange earlier. Whenever I picked Mileena costume 3 the game would desync. If I just hit X and used default we never got desynched. I guess I can't use my naked waifu Mileena costume :(
Strange indeed.
Originally some were guessing that the problems were tied to the DLC-characters slot (Kratos) and downloaded retro costumes; causing the desyncs. but your 'waifu' costume is not DLC.

We'll see.
Tried quickly the 360 version online, and no problems. Will test more in the day. Focused this 6 hours playing on starting and finishing the story mode and buying all alt-costumes in the Krypt.

Another difference I noticed between the PS3 version and 360 was that, I can play wired on 360. :p

On the PS3, I always had to put it on wireless to play online, but it was a pain since I prefer wired (duh), so needed to change connections every time.

GrayFoxPL

So what are your mains online right now?

Mine's Cage, if I lose with him(fucking Kitana) I switch to CSZ.
Last resort is Baraka, lol. He fucks up people badly.

I play Sektor for fun, but he needs to be fixed for online. I can do his non x-ray 44% combo with my eyes closed in practice but it can't be done online. Most his chains to special just don't work. Inputs don't register.

I'm thinking of joining Jax to the team. He's good rush shit.

corkscrewblow said:
I swear my mother could pick Kano and win online. Most brainless bullshit I've seen in a fighting game in a long time.

Don't like that Kanoball recovery huh?

Nightwolf is way harder bastard to defeat.

fernoca

cuevas said:
Can't you buy the bundle for all 4 @ 15$?
The bundle was announced the next day he posted that. ;p
Though at the moment, the bundle is Xbox 360 exclusive.

GrayFoxPL said:
So what are your mains online right now?
On PS3 were Sindel and Kitana. I'm a little rusty now that I'm back on 360, but it seems I'll main those 2. And glad too, because they were my main back in the arcade days; but they were really different in the last games; which was a little disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom