• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.la1n

Thank god they didn't make Rain look retarded. Now can I please have a reptile that doesn't look stupid? Klassic doesn't count.

There is a compatability pack glitch, you can play as scarlet offline without paying for her and some people have made her work online too.

Nasty glitch as it's going to cost neverrealm dlc sales.

Khezu

Probably lose some sales, but they won't be able to keep her, all they have to do is patch it so its working right and they won't have access to her anymore unless they buy her.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Diablohead said:
There is a compatability pack glitch, you can play as scarlet offline without paying for her and some people have made her work online too.

Nasty glitch as it's going to cost neverrealm dlc sales.
I'm pretty sure the kind of person who's going to buy her is going to buy all the characters so they'll get the Season Pass. I doubt this will hurt projected sales any

ranked 1v1 has been near lag-less for me so far, props to that neverrealm.

However 60% of my matches desync after load, looks like I will have to delete my classic pack :( sucks dong but if it helps...

*edit* deleting the klassic pack and the other costume dlc I had from launch has fixed it, so far.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Diablohead said:
ranked 1v1 has been near lag-less for me so far, props to that neverrealm.

However 60% of my matches desync after load, looks like I will have to delete my classic pack :( sucks dong but if it helps...

*edit* deleting the klassic pack and the other costume dlc I had from launch has fixed it, so far.

Ugh, so we would have to delete the klassic pack as well? I thought it was just the pre-order DLC. This is really obnoxious.

.la1n said:
Thank god they didn't make Rain look retarded.
Looks boring, generic, and a continuation of the rainbow ninja stereotype that MK's design gets rightly bashed for.

Here's hoping costume 2 is an actual design instead of a recolor.

We know from the leak that Skarlet has a full second costume, and she was viewable in the model viewer in the leak as well. Wonder what's up.

GuardianE said:
Ugh, so we would have to delete the klassic pack as well? I thought it was just the pre-order DLC. This is really obnoxious.
Well what I did first was delete only the klassic pack, still timed out too often, then I removed all the packs and now it only times out like 1 in 10.

Not tried klassic pack without any other overlaying costumes yet.

I love the netcode now it's much MUCH more solid, only problem is still my input is too fast for the online code thus dropping moves, sub's BF4 slide will sometimes become a heavy kick instead because my reactions are too fast, annoying because offline I never have troubles like that.

Still I prefer this over what the netcode used to be.

U n i o n 0015 said:
What! Classic Smoke and Noob get the MK2 costumes?

Would've loved to have had those for Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile.
Time for a palette swap, neverrealms!

Think I found a good mix of dlc and getting the online to run smoothly.

The pre-order and LE dlc's need to be deleted, the klassic pack #1 download however can stay, after trying all combinations I have had a smooth online with minimal desyncs using only the klassic download pack and the free scarlet dlc (on 360)

So it looks like people have problems when there is multiple dlc installed for the same item, aka klassic costume for someone.

Are there issues with the PS3 version DLC?

I have pre-order DLC and the classic pack, and plan to get Skarlet DLC, do I have to go back and delete anything to avoid issues playing matches online? Sorry, I don't really have time to go back and read a bunch of pages in this thread!

The Lamonster said:
Are there issues with the PS3 version DLC?

I have pre-order DLC and the classic pack, and plan to get Skarlet DLC, do I have to go back and delete anything to avoid issues playing matches online? Sorry, I don't really have time to go back and read a bunch of pages in this thread!
If you get problems delete the pre-order dlc since it's mirrored in the klassic pack, should be good then.

MrMephistoX

Khezu said:
Couldn't you view her in the nekropolis by doing it through character select?

From some dude on MKO and GF.
img20110621060511.jpg

img20110621060533.jpg
Rain looks pretty rad but I need those MK2 skins for Reptile and the other ninjas as well! Hopefully fatality packs are in the works too: Shang MK2 alt and soul steal!

The Lamonster said:
I want classic costumes for all characters.
MK1,2,3 male ninjas. All male ninjas. MK2,3 female ninjas, including Skarlet. MK3 Cyber Sub-Zero. Both Klassic Kabal with the Khaki shorts/safari shirt, and the 3D game version with a trenchcoat over it.

Hell, let's not stop at classic.

Every outfit, from every game, for every character. Movie Raiden. Modern Human Reptile.

I want it aaaaaaaallllllll.

Nemesis_

Does anyone know where to get US Microsoft Points ONLINE?

I'm in Australia and need to purchase the MK DLC.

Preferably somewhere that sends you an email and accepts Paypal though that's only a preferene (the former is somewhat important though)

Also, does the Season Pass contain the original pre-order costumes too?

FINALLY, what's the suggest course of action for downloading? I'm a bit confused, it looks like people are saying I should delete things, load the game, then download the new content or something.

Do you guys think they'll release a "GOTY version" next year with all the DLC included?

Nemesis556 said:

Preferably somewhere that sends you an email and accepts Paypal though that's only a preferene (the former is somewhat important though)
Amazon does this, but unfortunately I think you need a US address if you just want to be emailed the code.

Nemesis556 said:

I'm Australian and I get my Playstation network codes off Amazon digitally, maybe you could give it a shot for your Live points.

Nemesis_

Also, does the Season Pass contain the original pre-order costumes too?

FINALLY, what's the suggest course of action for downloading? I'm a bit confused, it looks like people are saying I should delete things, load the game, then download the new content or something.

NeonZ

That image says that every new skin will be a "classic" one... I wonder if they'll all be ninja skins or if someone else is getting them? If they're going to make classic skins, they should at least make the pallet swaps for everyone already. Only Noob Saibot and Smoke getting MkII skins seems rather limited. I just hope they don't waste the last 4 slots with MkII skins for the female ninjas. Those designs just didn't look good.

Big One

Banned
Rain looks a LOT like Sub-Zero to me. Should've added the padding from the MK3 ninja costume for a more authentic representation.

Big One said:
Rain looks a LOT like Sub-Zero to me. Should've added the padding from the MK3 ninja costume for a more authentic representation.
Should have done something completely different from the "ninja" look.

Here's hoping for costume 2.

OneMoreQuestion said:
Because of Ttobias, of course.

what ever happened to that guy anyway?

tao feng then...nothing.

he's like the band member that leaves to do solo projects that suck while the band keeps on getting bigger and bigger.

fernoca

Some overall notes, since I just woke up: XD
-As expected her second fatality and stage fatality were found by the time I woke up. :p
Fatality #1: Down, Back, Down ,Down, Block (Close)
Fatality #2: Right, Left, Down, Down, Back Kick (Jump Distance)
Babality: Down, Left, Down, Right, Back Punch (Jump Distance)
Stage Fatality:Right, Left, Right, Front Punch (Close)

-Rain looks kinda similar to his secondary costume in Armageddon (i.e. Ninja mixed with price/royalty -veil too instead of mask it seems-) which is nice.

-As Khezu reminded me :)p) you can see Skarlet's model through the 'pressing start-trick to choose character' in Nekropolis. Still, choosing her with 'start' automatically chooses her, no alt costume or option to choose the seondary color. Her bio can be seen that way, but since she's not "normally selectable" you can't see her ending..again. Wonder if she has an alt-costume as the leaks showed, if it's unlocked through other ways (finishing Ladder doesn't unlock it..unless you have to do it at max-difficulty).

-Direct feed pics of the info online (thanks to TRMK..as always :p)

26LuI.jpg

TjZxR.jpg

Khezu

what ever happened to that guy anyway?

He did do a comic for MKvsDC, but other then that no idea.

Also rain is a lot more purple then that screen shows, and they made him a ninja because everyone complained about what they did to him in MKA and what they keep doing to reptile, it seems everyone wants nothing but power ranger ninjas.

Whoops should pay attention to what I copy/paste.

Khezu said:
they made him a ninja because everyone complained about what they did to him in MKA and what they keep doing to reptile, it seems everyone wants nothing but power ranger ninjas.
Well that's why we have 2 costumes.

Smoke costume 1 with sexy anime hair, costume 2 for dudebros who are insecure in their masculinity.

Reptile costume 1 should be his costume 2, and his costume 2 should be a modern human version.

Rain costume 1 should be MKA, costume 2 should be the one they've shown so far.

Easy. Please everybody.

Question, on the 360 version of the recent patch, when you select someone in a room to challenge them, does their connection show up correctly in the little window? I seems like it on this stream I'm watching. But on PS3 it's still all "4"s that vary wildly in quality between them.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Slamtastic said:

Smoke costume 1 with sexy anime hair, costume 2 for dudebros who are insecure in their masculinity.

Reptile costume 1 should be his costume 2, and his costume 2 should be a modern human version.

Easy. Please everybody.

If Smoke didn't have hair that was rendered like ass, then I think more people would use his Costume 1. Kind of like how nobody uses Kitana's alt because of her misshapen face.

W Hudson

Has anyone been using Skarlet in online play? From reading the other MK sites it seems like people are having a lot of difficulties in this. Hopefully its isolated, seems like a lot of bugs been springing up here lately.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Lamonster said:
I couldn't find Skarlet DLC in the US Playstation Store. What am I missing? Is it actually up yet?

You must be new to this whole Playstation Store thing. :lol

New stuff goes up whenever the hell Grace Chen is damn good and ready to put it up.

Seraphis Cain said:

New stuff goes up whenever the hell Grace Chen is damn good and ready to put it up.
Yeah, MK9 is the only game I bought on the PS3. So it's just not up yet, right?

fernoca

Seraphis Cain said:

hahaha.. XD
Hence the whole GCT (Grace Chen Time).

corkscrewblow said:
I wish you guys wouldn't buy the DLC till they fix this broken mess of a game. Oh well :(
No problems here, so the problems don't exist and there's nothing to fix!!.. :p
:p

The Lamonster said:
Yeah, MK9 is the only game I bought on the PS3. So it's just not up yet, right?
Yep. It's 3PM here right now, I sometimes had to wait till 10PM here for a few updates; sometimes less (like after 5PM)..so it could be at any point between 2 hours..to 7.

Mileena

Banned
fernoca said:
No problems here, so the problems don't exist and there's nothing to fix!!.. :p
:p
Tell that to the PSN crew that tries to get a KotH going and it doesn't last more than two matches before the desynchs. People supporting this god awful excuse for an online game by buying the DLC is just mind blowing to me. I doubt the game will ever get fixed at this rate.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Slamtastic said:

Easy. Please everybody.
Smoke costume 1 for 13 year olds who dream of being Naruto

Khezu

corkscrewblow said:
Tell that to the PSN crew that tries to get a KotH going and it doesn't last more than two matches before the desynchs. People supporting this god awful excuse for an online game by buying the DLC is just mind blowing to me. I doubt the game will ever get fixed at this rate.

Its not the actual netcode that is causing the desynces, its a problem with the klassic costumes and compatibility with other people, if they don't match it desyncs, and in KOTH its way harder to match everyone.
They have already said there working on a fix for it.

Its less of a problem for the xbox because you can just manually delete the klassic kostumes and it sorta fixes itself out, as long as you don't run into others with it.

fernoca

Khezu said:
Its not the actual netcode that is causing the desynces, its a problem with the klassic costumes and compatibility with other people, if they don't match it desyncs, and in KOTH its way harder to match everyone.
They have already said there working on a fix for it.

Its less of a problem for the xbox because you can just manually delete the klassic kostumes and it sorta fixes itself out, as long as you don't run into others with it.
Yep. Also, the problem seems to be tied to the retro costumes that people got through preorder codes...at the moment. Retro costumes acquired through the $5-purchase don't seem to be affected....at the moment. :p

It would be interesting to see if the Compatibility Pack helps the situation or they're going to release a new patch anyway for everyone; since it also affects 360 owners. But the PS Store hasn't updated yet....

Any word from 360 players that have used retro-codes and downloaded the comp-pack and noticed any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom