• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Tansut said:
So how exactly does one go about deleting the pre-order DLC from a PS3?

I seriously don't know how.

I did it accidently by deleting the game data from the PS3. Not the game saves but the install data.

Mileena

Banned
Khezu said:
Its not the actual netcode that is causing the desynces, its a problem with the klassic costumes and compatibility with other people, if they don't match it desyncs, and in KOTH its way harder to match everyone.
They have already said there working on a fix for it.

Its less of a problem for the xbox because you can just manually delete the klassic kostumes and it sorta fixes itself out, as long as you don't run into others with it.
That would explain me and some friends (none of whom have any DLC) constantly getting desynced. Oh wait. This game is a mess.

Khezu

Do you or your friends have any of the classic costumes got from pre order bonuses? They also count, even just one of them will causes it. Sometimes even just selecting alt costumes in general.

Deleting all the classic costumes and using X to select costumes instead of start solves most of the desynce issues.

fernoca

If anyone wants to buy the Xbox 360 Season Pass, but is not willing to get points, or attach credit cards/Paypal to Microsoft/Xbox; Gamestop is also selling the codes (both online/digital or in-store). So you can even use trade-ins or whatever to get this.

Link

Mileena

Banned
Khezu said:
Do you or your friends have any of the classic costumes got from pre order bonuses? They also count, even just one of them will causes it. Sometimes even just selecting alt costumes in general.

Deleting all the classic costumes and using X to select costumes instead of start solves most of the desynce issues.
Nope. No DLC at all and yet we get desyncs galore in both 1v1 and KotH

fernoca

VariantX said:
any idea on when NRS will address the issue of not being able to select MKI costumes online anymore?
They've only said that they're working on it. Since the issues seems to affect only retro costumes acquired through preorder codes, and also some; there may be other things tied to it. Another bit of info also said that it seem to be tied to the DLC slot, as some even have problems because of Kratos. (and by not selecting Cyber Sub-Zero/Kratos and choosing regular costumes always some found a temporary solution, but not everyone).

But, the same thing happened with the 360 patch (which was released just this week, so guess it was the same...just that it took more time to get certified) were there's no Kratos, but the temporary solution was/is to delete the preorder retro costumes 9if you purchased the 7 costumes pack, no problems has been reported at the moment).

Then, there's the wait till the patch are certified to be released; so who knows if we'll see it this week..or next.

Okay, bought the pass.

Got to the screen to dl Skarlett and it gives me an error.

Logged in just now after an hour or so of waiting.

Now it says Skarlett 1200 allards where it before said 0.

WHAT THE FUCK

Khezu

corkscrewblow said:
Nope. No DLC at all and yet we get desyncs galore in both 1v1 and KotH

Hmm I don't know then, sucks for PS3 players, its working really well on xbox.
Holding off buying the DLC would be the best bet. They need to fix it as soon as possible, cheap work arounds will only work for so long, especially for the poor reptile players.

fernoca

robut said:
Okay, bought the pass.

WHAT THE FUCK
Download the compatibility pack, quit the game and return again. Had a similar problem at 5AM... :p ..that solved it, don't know in your case.

By the way..PlayStation 3 users, Skarlet's out in North America! (pic from TRMK):

9yCIb.jpg

Mortal Kombat – Warrior Skarlet ($4.99)
Download and play as the Mortal Kombat Warrior Skarlet.
File size: 73 MB​

Interesting that the size's smaller than 360's (87MB).

How do you dl the compatibilty pack? It never auto queued it like it should have (I assume) and doing a search in the available dlc was fruitless.

Cider X

Compatability pack seems to be removed due to bugs. I have the same problem as the poster above me, got the season pass but it insists that Skarlet is now 1200 points to download.
No MK for me tonight it seems. Thanks for an awesome OT btw Fernoca.

fernoca said:
Download the compatibility pack, quit the game and return again. Had a similar problem at 5AM... :p ..that solved it, don't know in your case.

By the way..PlayStation 3 users, Skarlet's out in North America! (pic from TRMK):

9yCIb.jpg

haha damn, she is so naked

fernoca

robut said:
How do you dl the compatibilty pack? It never auto queued it like it should have (I assume) and doing a search in the available dlc was fruitless.

Cider X said:
Compatability pack seems to be removed due to bugs. I have the same problem as the poster above me, got the season pass but it insists that Skarlet is now 1200 points to download.
No MK for me tonight it seems. Thanks for an awesome OT btw Fernoca.
You're welcome. ;)

Really weird.
Just checked and it's nowhere to be found. In the Download History it appears listed, but get an error after clicking on it. So guess they're checking things after the reported bug, so they removed it.

Hope the one I downloaded doesn't get all wonky now. XD

The Lamonster said:
haha damn, she is so naked
And what little clothes she is wearing get ripped too...poor girls. :p
The chraracter's cool, hope to see more of her in later games.

Novid

Banned
fernoca said:
You're welcome. ;)

Really weird.
Just checked and it's nowhere to be found. In the Download History it appears listed, but get an error after clicking on it. So guess they're checking things after the reported bug, so they removed it.

Hope the one I downloaded doesn't get all wonky now. XD

And what little clothes she is wearing get ripped too...poor girls. :p
The chraracter's cool, hope to see more of her in later games.

well she is made of of blood... the perfect western female video game dramatis personae.

Novid

Banned
bangbang i'm a timpani said:
why the hell do they have so many characters that look exactly the same.

You missed the post a few pages up that explained it. Pretty much they didnt like the anime sex hair that Smoke had so they gave him Ninja #9832 look as a second option.

The women have... better design thats all ill say on the subject.

bangbang i'm a timpani said:
why the hell do they have so many characters that look exactly the same.
Many of the characters were originally designed years ago with RAM limitations in mind, hence the "palette swaps"

sleepykyo

fernoca said:

9yCIb.jpg

Given the nature of the character perhaps they downgraded the ps3 character model?

Novid

Banned
fernoca said:

9yCIb.jpg

Maybe thats the reason why 360 has all the issues? The update was looking for a much smaller file?

Deadstar

B1gg_Randall said:
Can anyone can point me to a printable combo guide?
edit:why is K o m b o censor

I've been looking for this along with a printable fatality and move list specifically for ps3 that shows the X [] O triangle and so on to explain the moves.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
robut said:
Okay, bought the pass.

WHAT THE FUCK

Same.

They just can't get their shit straight.

fernoca

Deadstar said:
Does Skarlett have an alternate costume? I wish she looked more like the concept drawings. She looks too skinny in the game.
At the moment, nope. Unless it's unlocked through other means, finishing ladder doesn't unlock an alternate costume. And selecting her with Start just..chooses her. The leak did showed an alt costume, so we'll see.

B1gg_Randall said:
Can anyone can point me to a printable combo guide?
edit:why is K o m b o censor
Combo (with a K) was censored because of the site.. :p
Prime had printable full color reference cards, which for a time one could also technically order for free too. But they removed every mention of that of their site. Was looking for that link, but no luck... sorry. The other suggestions could be GameFAQs or Test Your Might Forums.

U n i o n 0015 said:
Why would Skarlet be serving Shao Kahn while also be tied up in the background of the arena?
He seems to let her escape randomly to do his bidding and spy on warriors, which is why you can also see her though Story Mode cutscenes standing around.

Re: Compatibility Pack
It also should be noted that there was a glitch of sorts that some reported, that they could basically play with Skarlet offline for free after downloading the Compatibility Pack. So guess that's (one of the reasons?) why it was removed.

Lothars

vocab said:
I'll pass on the DLC. Skarlet looks cool, but online isn't the best so I really don't want to waste any more money.

I feel the same way, I am just really tempted to sell MK until they get things sorted out.

fernoca said:
Combo (with a K) was censored because of the site.. :p
Prime had printable full color reference cards, which for a time one could also technically order for free too. But they removed every mention of that of their site. Was looking for that link, but no luck... sorry. The other suggestions could be GameFAQs or Test Your Might Forums.
NVM I found a cyrax guide on SRK thanks anyway..

Lothars

vocab said:
Well I won't go that far. I still have fun with the game.

I've did pretty much everything else in the game and I don't have anyone local to play with so since online still has tons of issues that's why I am tempted to.

Khezu

Another thing I think they need to work on is the audio for the game. Well sound effects are great, everything else is too soft, the game feels really quiet.

It needs shao khan commentating matches like in UMK3, and just much louder music in general, something to get your blood pumping.

fernoca said:
Re: Compatibility Pack
It also should be noted that there was a glitch of sorts that some reported, that they could basically play with Skarlet offline for free after downloading the Compatibility Pack. So guess that's (one of the reasons?) why it was removed.

When did some snooping that's what I found as well.

At least it seems there's a reason it's all out of whack atm. Hopefully NRS being quite about it is because they think they can fix it quickly.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
AnEternalEnigma said:
Just bought the Season Pass. Now it says Skarlett is 1200MS.

Shaking my damn head right at you, Netherrealm.

Yeah, seriously. What the fuck, man? I'm getting tired of how shitty their online everything is.

BigFwoosh

Is it confirmed anywhere that PS3 won't be getting the season pass? I don't want to end up buying Skarlet now when I could have waited a week and gotten the pass.

Xevren

sleepykyo said:
Anyone know how (un)safe Skarlett's teleport and slide into kick are?

No idea on slide, but teleport is really punishable since you land and have to recover. Was able to do full land combo's after blocked tellies against her as Reptile. Slides I was able to do elbow dash but didn't really try combo's since it seemed to recover at least a bit faster.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Found a workaround for the Xbox 360 Season Pass Skarlet issue- The compatibility pack is still available in the marketplace. Just go to add-ons > M > Mortal Kombat > Extras and you'll find it available for download.

I had Skarlet available when I tried training mode. Dunno about online, because the match I tried didn't match me up with someone else who has the pack, meaning that Skarlet isn't available. It also disconnected me for the first time ever on 360, just like on PS3. Thanks for making the online even shittier, Boon and Co.! :\

The fact that the compatibility pack is optional is going to mean a lot of people are not going to get to use their DLC characters in online matches. Brilliant!

So I decided to go through my Xbox 360 HDD and delete the compatibility pack altogether to see if that would fix the Skarlet download issue.

One problem: it doesn't show up at ALL in the Mortal Kombat directory of the HDD. Unbelievable.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wow, I wish I'd read through this thread before buying the pass. This is so stupid. I just read all the movelist posts and pictures and thought everything was gravy.

Does Netherrealms even know this clusterfuck exists? I don't see anything on their twitter.

Big One

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
oh how I hope that the fourth dlc character isn't another fucking ninja
Probably won't be unless they add Tremor or a made-up character. I'm thinking the fourth DLC character will be Fujin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom