• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Someone is streaming it on justin, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it though, all he is doing is looking at the girls in the model viewer anyway.

Khezu

The Lamonster said:
There's a model viewer in this game?!

Yes, it would be kinda weird if it didn't honestly, they seemed to have put a lot of effort into the models and the damage, would be a waste not to have one.

Dude is streaming the story now so I'm not going to watch anymore.

Chairhome

Cancelled my Amazon pre-order cause they won't switch me to Release Day Delivery for some reason :-(. The best they could do was free one-day shipping with an estimated 4/21 delivery... no thanks. I'll have to figure out where to get this now, which is hard cause almost every retailer is having pretty good deals next week.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If only I felt as strongly about the game as I do the OP. I'll probably wait for a second edition with all (most) of the DLC included, but if and when it ever comes, I'll probably be over wanting it.

EvilMario said:
If only I felt as strongly about the game as I do the OP. I'll probably wait for a second edition with all (most) of the DLC included, but if and when it ever comes, I'll probably be over wanting it.
What if the game turns out really good, gets great reviews and everything? Would you bite?

shagg_187 said:
Seriously. This is awesome news if true and other games need small features like these that shows how much love went in making the game.
Yeah, I really love when developers include model viewers.

ScOULaris

Just watched the video with
human Cyrax and human Sektor.

i-came.jpg

plagiarize said:
is the rest of the album as awesome?
Some of the songs are boring, same thing over and over. The Skrillex song is generally considered the best but there are a few other gems like Goro's Theme and Mileena's Theme (your mileage may vary). Samples available on Amazon.

jtrov

Chairhome said:
Cancelled my Amazon pre-order cause they won't switch me to Release Day Delivery for some reason :-(. The best they could do was free one-day shipping with an estimated 4/21 delivery... no thanks. I'll have to figure out where to get this now, which is hard cause almost every retailer is having pretty good deals next week.

The same shit happened to me. Right there on the product page it says Release Day Delivery available, but when you proceed to checkout, it's no longer an option. I contacted Amazon, via chat, and they said "Release Date Delivery" isn't available for my address. However, I've used release date delivery before, and I even have Portal 2 coming release date delivery which is out the same day. So the guy said he'll e-mail me with an answer in 2-3 business days. They usually ship it from their distributor in either Delaware or Philadelphia, so I'm shocked if they didn't get MK in any of those areas.

jtrov said:
The same shit happened to me. Right there on the product page it says Release Day Delivery available, but when you proceed to checkout, it's no longer an option. I contacted Amazon, via chat, and they said "Release Date Delivery" isn't available for my address. However, I've used release date delivery before, and I even have Portal 2 coming release date delivery which is out the same day. So the guy said he'll e-mail me with an answer in 2-3 business days. They usually ship it from their distributor in either Delaware or Philadelphia, so I'm shocked if they didn't get MK in any of those areas.
Same here. Some items simply aren't available in your area. Amazon needs to fix this shit because every time a support person tells me this, Best Buy gets a new sale!

Alucrid

Banned
jtrov said:

I'm in Philly and I'm petty sure I have release date for my MK order...

Khezu said:
Someone is streaming it on justin, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it though, all he is doing is looking at the girls in the model viewer anyway.

idk but the cosplay videos in the OP would seem like a better option...

Struct09

Weird that Amazon isn't offering release-date delivery on the standard editions anymore. My order for the Xbox 360 version still has release-date delivery as the shipping method, but I see it's not offered on the product page now.

Khezu

Shang tsung was fighting smoke.. and he uh morphed into mileena..

I'm guessing because its old ST and he is NPC controlled.

Struct09 said:
Weird that Amazon isn't offering release-date delivery on the standard editions anymore. My order for the Xbox 360 version still has release-date delivery as the shipping method, but I see it's not offered on the product page now.
This typically happens closer to release date.

jtrov

Alucrid said:
I'm in Philly and I'm petty sure I have release date for my MK order...

That's what I'm hoping the Amazon rep tells me in this so called e-mail he's supposed to send today. I really want it from Amazon for the Reptile Klassic costume, as he is one of my favorites, but I just hate his redesign.

But as someone said above, if not, then Best Buy will gain a sale.

Struct09 said:
That's weird, what about if you have Prime I wonder.

Neuromancer said:

It's not showing release-date delivery for Prime either, on the game's listing. I already reordered it for RDD a month ago, though, so I'm hoping it gets here like it should.

GuardianE said:
Same here. All our local shops were swallowed up by Gamestop.
I used to have a local store but it was more board game based and there were always mouth-breathers playing D&D all the time. Every damn time I went in there looking for a specific game, I got dirty looks and felt unwelcome and they never had what I wanted anyway.

The Lamonster said:
I wish I had stores like these. All STL has is Gamestop.
There's a guy I know who's friends with a Gamestop manager. He pays the preorder in full and the manager lets him have the game. Later, the manager will just scan the UPC at midnight to make it look like he got the game at the midnight launch. Maybe you can work something equally shady out, lol.

By the way, while doing random searches on twitter a day or two ago I did notice a GameStop manager tweet something about taking out a copy of MK early... so yeah, that happens. GameStop basically lets employees do stuff like this to avoid theft.

Struct09

Neuromancer said:

I have Prime, it's still not showing up. My old order seems to be fine though.

Release-date delivery is still available for the KE's.

jondy1703

Neo Member
infinityBCRT said:
By the way, while doing random searches on twitter a day or two ago I did notice a GameStop manager tweet something about taking out a copy of MK early... so yeah, that happens. GameStop basically lets employees do stuff like this to avoid theft.

I used to work at Family Video, most of the games and movies get to the store the Wednesday and Thursday before. Employees get to rent this stuff for free in order to be able to offer opinions on the movies and games that come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom