• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cider X

So no Skarlet because of the glitch and now the B Button on my POS Hori Tekken fightstick stopped working. Not a good night for me.

Khezu

Big One said:
Probably won't be unless they add Tremor or a made-up character. I'm thinking the fourth DLC character will be Fujin.

Boon said fujin is not going to be DLC, and deconfirmed a bunch of characters including someone named li mei, that fat drunk guy, and a bunch of characters I have never heard of, and someone else strongly hinted that it isn't robot smoke.

THe wording for the DLC release implies it might be someone new, but if it isn't, its either tanya, or shinnok, there the only two characters left from that poll that have not been deconfirmed.

Big One said:
Probably won't be unless they add Tremor or a made-up character. I'm thinking the fourth DLC character will be Fujin.

I'm actually afraid of NRS listening to the portion of the fanbase that wants Chameleon/Kharmelon in this game. Moar palette swaps plz

GrayFoxPL

I love how Rain looks. He'll be one badass motherfucker.

Thought they'd give him that Arabian knights look from Armageddon.

Btw. Will we ever get an alien in MK? Not from another realm, but galaxy!

I know cheesy as fuck. So it fits!

Big One

Banned
Khezu said:
Boon said fujin is not going to be DLC, and deconfirmed a bunch of characters including someone named li mei, that fat drunk guy, and a bunch of characters I have never heard of, and someone else strongly hinted that it isn't robot smoke.

THe wording for the DLC release implies it might be someone new, but if it isn't, its either tanya, or shinnok, there the only two characters left from that poll that have not been deconfirmed.
Boon is a fucking liar. Fujin's data is in the goddamn game for fuck's sake.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge said:
Found a workaround for the Xbox 360 Season Pass Skarlet issue- The compatibility pack is still available in the marketplace. Just go to add-ons > M > Mortal Kombat > Extras and you'll find it available for download.

Quoting for new page.

Boon never said Fujin wasn't in the game.

His response to the dude who asked on Twitter was: "Come back in a year and tell me Fujin is in the game."

Boon might be just being clever.

Despite the problems this game has, now that online is oh so much better and ranked matches are not laggy any more my love for the game is back into the 9's and 10's again, it dropped down to 5 at one point :p

Scarlet has a great move set but I hate all the near naked women, one reason why I hardly use mileena, jade and katana is because they just look too much like each other outside of their bra and hair style. jade could have had a cape or something...

Big One said:
His announcer call is in but he could be scrapped beyond dlc because someone else is better, or something.

GrayFoxPL

Big One said:

That "data" are scraps. A name sound file and a basic dummy test model.

That is nothing. Probably started as an idea of roster character and then they said: "Fuck it" and made Kung Lao.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So this is what happened today:

I booted up the game, willing to buy the Season Pass, but it was erroring out for me. Something about not being able to complete the transaction.

Since I'm not from the US, and this is a M rated game, I though my country (Brazil) wasn't on the whitelist, so I hopped on a VPN account.

This tiem around, i remembered that the Compatibility Pack was up, so I downloaded that first, then purchased the Season Pass. Everything downloaded and went perfectly.

Now, yes, Skarlet is listed as 1200 ms points. But it's also selectable in offline mode (I didn't try online mode yet because I only got the game two weeks ago and I'm only halfway through the story mode). Maybe they just have something wrong on their servers.

Also, I'd avoid buying anything from the actual marketplace. The in-game download menu even warns you about this.

Khezu

Big One said:

There is no fujin data in the game, only a random sound clip of his name, and they probably had the announcer prerecord as many names as possible to cover there asses just in case they did decide to go down that road.

Shame too, they could do some really cool stuff with wind elemental powers.
Personally I was rooting for the fat guy, just because he would have a different body size then the rest of the males, and every fighting game needs a token fat dude.

Struct09

AnEternalEnigma said:
Boon never said Fujin wasn't in the game.

His response to the dude who asked on Twitter was: "Come back in a year and tell me Fujin is in the game."

Boon might be just being clever.

http://twitter.com/noobde/status/67240465090613248

@noobde said:
RT @KabalandStryker @noobde I really hope Fujin gets a really good fatilty in mk9 Noobde: Fujin is not in MK9.

Just because there's a sound file with his name doesn't mean he will be DLC

MrMephistoX

DryEyeRelief said:
oh how I hope that the fourth dlc character isn't another fucking ninja

Unless it's Frost. None of the other characters past DA are worth it unless it's someone entirely new like Scarlett.

At release on 360 the compatability pack was glitched and scarlet was usable offline and online by some, they pulled the pack because of this (is what I am guessing, no other reason I can think of) so it's probably causing havok on people with the season pass not being able to see the right dlc to download or activate.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
drizzle said:
So this is what happened today:

I booted up the game, willing to buy the Season Pass, but it was erroring out for me. Something about not being able to complete the transaction.

Since I'm not from the US, and this is a M rated game, I though my country (Brazil) wasn't on the whitelist, so I hopped on a VPN account.

This tiem around, i remembered that the Compatibility Pack was up, so I downloaded that first, then purchased the Season Pass. Everything downloaded and went perfectly.

Now, yes, Skarlet is listed as 1200 ms points. But it's also selectable in offline mode (I didn't try online mode yet because I only got the game two weeks ago and I'm only halfway through the story mode). Maybe they just have something wrong on their servers.

Also, I'd avoid buying anything from the actual marketplace. The in-game download menu even warns you about this.

That's great. When there's a giant fucking ad right on the marketplace... it tells me to not buy it from the marketplace?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
GuardianE said:
That's great. When there's a giant fucking ad right on the marketplace... it tells me to not buy it from the marketplace?
I'm not going back to the DLC menu to transcribe what's said there, as I'm the middle of a Storymode Fight, but it says something along the lines of "after you buy this season pass, all the content has to be obtained from ingame. All the content is also available on the Marketplace. Buy it from in-game to avoid paying twice for the same content".

It was, obviously, better written than that, but that's the idea.

fernoca

Just in case also, from back when the pass/pack were released at 5AM:

fernoca said:
Well, the DLC is live on Xbox Live!

Skarlet/Compatibility Pack are 86.06MB.
The pass is 108kb since it's just an unlock key that is supposed to mark the 4 DLC-characters as 'purchased' (in-game).

Like with the Rockstar Pass when it launched, buying the pass right now doesn't unlock the other stuff as "purchased"; so you have to wait during the day to download it. If you're buying just Skarlet, no problem.

EDIT:
The downloads recommend to download the compatibility pack before going/doing anything online. Just did, and Skarlet appeared priced at 0, after downloading the pass. And now have Skarlet selectable and both Cyrax/Sektor Skins! :)

Announcer sounds ..different.. saying 'Skarlet'.. XD

EDIT 2:
Cyrax/Sektor retro costumes look ace!

EDIT 3:
Skarlet's fast and really feels like a different character. Kinda reminds me to Ibuki from Street Fighter with the small blades and the dashes. Her 'Blood Ball' move drains health, but also takes a nice amount of damage.

Kinda fun seeing her to perform her fatalities on the cyborgs...guess she loves oil too.

EDIT 4:
Her model is not added to the rest of the characters in Nekropolis. She also doesn't have a secondary/alternate costume. Her ladder ending is quite nice and the most animated of the endings though. Her secondary color is..kinda wine. :p

After that, the "loophole" to play as her offline for free. Was removed for a time, now the pack's back. #1 item listed to download under add-ons.

GuardianE said:
Nope. What it says is that after you buy the Pass in th Marketplace, you need to buy everything though the in-game store (DLC section in-game). Same as the Rockstar Pass. ;)

GrayFoxPL

MrMephistoX said:
Unless it's Frost. None of the other characters past DA are worth it unless it's someone entirely new like Scarlett.

Everyone is better then Frost. What a fugly character made popular only by that booby cosplayer.

Give me even that Mongolian dude over her for trolls and laughs. Tsu Hao.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
drizzle said:
I'm not going back to the DLC menu to transcribe what's said there, as I'm the middle of a Storymode Fight, but it says something along the lines of "after you buy this season pass, all the content has to be obtained from ingame. All the content is also available on the Marketplace. Buy it from in-game to avoid paying twice for the same content".

It was, obviously, better written than that, but that's the idea.

I'm not doubting what you said. I read it myself after reading your post. I'm pissed that they would expect people to not buy things from the marketplace. That's simply ridiculous.

Purchased a season pass earlier today, 108kb unlock and i also got the free mk3 classic costume somehow after i purchased the season pack i had scarlett already playable. without a download for her.

Finished the story mode with her and did abit of training mode she seems good i worry she might be a bit overpowered online but it has little effect on me since every time i step into the online fray i get boddied like a scrub.

Pretty pumped to find out who this mystery character is and rain looks good.

Khezu

GrayFoxPL said:
Everyone is better then Frost. What a fugly character made popular only by that booby cosplayer.

Give me even that Mongolian dude over her for trolls and laughs. Tsu Hao.

I think they could redeem frost, plus sub-zero is kinda out of commission story wise, could just make her a straight up sub-zero clone to replace him in the next game. Just make her less ugly, don't mind her frozen hair though.

StalkerUKCG said:
Purchased a season pass earlier today, 108kb unlock and i also got the free mk3 classic costume somehow after i purchased the season pack i had scarlett already playable. without a download for her.

Finished the story mode with her and did abit of training mode she seems good i worry she might be a bit overpowered online but it has little effect on me since every time i step into the online fray i get boddied like a scrub.

Pretty pumped to find out who this mystery character is and rain looks good.
A scarlet online today killed herself in round 1 by using the blood throw move while she had low hp, lol was funny. Think yoshimitsu's self stab but missing the opponent and killing yourself!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
They can just think up some bullshit to bring Sub-Zero back.

Example: Bi-Han being thrown into the soulnado cleansed his soul and blahblahblah, he is Sub-Zero once more.

Novid

Banned
Khezu said:
I think they could redeem frost, plus sub-zero is kinda out of commission story wise, could just make her a straight up sub-zero clone to replace him in the next game. Just make her less ugly, don't mind her frozen hair though.

Everybody who is a MK diehard hates frost but love Sareena. If anybody gonna make the DLC its Sareena.

Novid

Banned
Chamber said:

Example: Bi-Han being thrown into the soulnado cleansed his soul and blahblahblah, he is Sub-Zero once more.

that might work. crazy, but might work.

fernoca

Novid said:
that might work. crazy, but might work.
They did it with Scorpion in Deception too. :p
Just that the Elder Gods failed on their part of the agreement (well, Scorpion failed at it too :p) and he went "neutral" again.

Khezu

But then we wouldn't have noob saibot.

Unless they made younger robot sub-zero all black and have noobs moveset, and he can be robot noob saibot.
Cyber-subs moveset sucks anyway, awkward to use, if it wasn't for his divekicks he would suck.

Ranked is matching me up with oversea players it seems, lag is ok but annoying, feels like the old netcode code sometimes :p

Anyone on 360 for some rounds before I fall asleep?

GrayFoxPL

Novid said:
Everybody who is a MK diehard hates frost but love Sareena. If anybody gonna make the DLC its Sareena.

Sareena? That club whore reject? Please.

MK has pretty shitty female designs. More miss then hit.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Khezu said:
But then we wouldn't have noob saibot.
Noob Saibot from the original timeline travels back in time through means of a magical plot device in order to gain supreme power through the use of a bigger magical plot device.

Boom, baby!

GrayFoxPL

Chamber said:

Yeah I have similar theory. Maybe not becoming sub-zero, but becoming "Good Saibot". All white, light powers.

If Frost can have freezing powers then anyone can, just bring anyone from Subs clan. Maybe his dog. Sub-Hound! Awesome!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
corrosivefrost said:
Did Ed Boon or NRS ever say why PSN/PS3 users are getting screwed out of a "Season Pass"?

I don't view it as being "screwed". 360 owners get a free character. We already got a free character in Kratos.

Playing field is even now. Hell, it's still slanted in favor of the PS3 owners, since we'll also likely get the character the Season Pass owners get for free. We'll just have to pay for it is all. PS3 users will still have more content (Kratos + his background). I don't see much of a reason to complain here.

Novid

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
Sareena? That club whore reject? Please.

MK has pretty shitty female designs. More miss then hit.

I see this as the issue that defines most of dudebro/manchild/meathead this gaming generation - Sareena is hot to the dudebro. Meathead love Jade and Kitana, Manchild wants more ponies and icecream and so hate on MK.

Holy shit, great OT. Came in to ask a question about DLC, and found my answer. So, well done.

Has anyone claimed my the Retro Sub-Zero avatar yet? Saw someone else was using the one I grabbed of Gears 3 so looking for a new one.

Beth Cyra

Happy to see Rain. He looks awesome. Honestly I am one of the fools or whatever that only really cared about Ninja's in Mortal Kombat so he will be the only DLC character I will get that has been announced so far.

Beyond that unless they add Cham or Frost I will be skipping out on all the rest of the DLC except the next Retro Pack or they make it so I can download Smoke's on it's own.

Stackboy

This has probably been covered some time ago, but do you unlock each characters friendship and babalities, or are you suppose to stumble upon them/FAQ them. The same goes for pit fatalities.

Novid

Banned
Stackboy said:
This has probably been covered some time ago, but do you unlock each characters friendship and babalities, or are you suppose to stumble upon them/FAQ them. The same goes for pit fatalities.

Its more like you unlock them, but if you already know how to do the move you stumble upon these.

ok seriously there is only one thing they need to fix online and that is dropping basic moves, can't even do a DB1 because the game thinks I only pressed B1 online :/ main reason I get annoyed by losing is because my moves never come out while they 10 hit combo me like they have no lag, and no it's not a pad problem my fight pad works brilliant in other games.

I can't be the only one with this trouble where my moves just don't come out online.

I can do all the moves I want offline, online is just dropping everything.

vocab

Diablohead said:
ok seriously there is only one thing they need to fix online and that is dropping basic moves, can't even do a DB1 because the game thinks I only pressed B1 online :/ main reason I get annoyed by losing is because my moves never come out while they 10 hit combo me like they have no lag, and no it's not a pad problem my fight pad works brilliant in other games.

I can't be the only one with this trouble where my moves just don't come out online.

I can do all the moves I want offline, online is just dropping everything.

It's hard to tell if it is lag or not simply because normals are not 3-6 frames. Whiffed 2 on Reptile seems like -10-14 if you whiff it. When I try to elbow dash, and just get whiffed 2, I get punished for it.

also, negative edge, and some other factors blow online if it is laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom