• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TruePrime said:
Happy to see Rain. He looks awesome. Honestly I am one of the fools or whatever that only really cared about Ninja's in Mortal Kombat so he will be the only DLC character I will get that has been announced so far.

Beyond that unless they add Cham or Frost I will be skipping out on all the rest of the DLC except the next Retro Pack or they make it so I can download Smoke's on it's own.

skarlet isn't a ninja?

GrayFoxPL

TruePrime said:
Happy to see Rain. He looks awesome. Honestly I am one of the fools or whatever that only really cared about Ninja's in Mortal Kombat so he will be the only DLC character I will get that has been announced so far.

Shit, nothing to be shamed about. MK was known as: "that game with ninjas and Liu Kang". Embrace the ninjalords.

Still they did everything to make them look completely different. Does Ermac look like a ninja? More like a mumminja. Or Reptile? Damn they should left him as that awesome and ":D" - face lizard from DA. He was too funny. Crab Style!

GrayFoxPL said:
Shit, nothing to be shamed about. MK was known as: "that game with ninjas and Liu Kang". Embrace the ninjalords.

Still they did everything to make them look completely different. Does Ermac look like a ninja? More like a mumminja. Or Reptile? Damn they should left him as that awesome and ":D" - face lizard from DA. He was too funny. Crab Style!

Oh god, Hardcore lizard reptile was horrible. I do actually like the new look and the Klassic costume is Kool aswell.

Glad rain looks like a ninja and not that .. prince thing, classic smoke and noob is nice aswell. surely the can throw in classic rain as just a pallet swap of classic subz aswell.

Hidden reptile was a nice touch using the spears and ice ball.

fernoca

Hero_of_the_Day_1985 said:
Holy shit, great OT. Came in to ask a question about DLC, and found my answer. So, well done.

Has anyone claimed my the Retro Sub-Zero avatar yet? Saw someone else was using the one I grabbed of Gears 3 so looking for a new one.
Thanks, and welcome. :p

And I think you're good to go with the avatar. Some already changed it, and I haven't seen yours around. ;)

GrayFoxPL said:

what's different about rain?

GrayFoxPL said:

Ermac reminds me of one of the foot clan soldiers from TMNT.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Diablohead said:
I can't be the only one with this trouble where my moves just don't come out online.

I can do all the moves I want offline, online is just dropping everything.
This is me in every fighting game. :(

Beth Cyra

DryEyeRelief said:
skarlet isn't a ninja?
Hmm well I guess that's fair.

I should have said male ninja's. Skarlet doesn't do anything for me, just as Jade, Kitana before her haven't.

Frost is the only MK Female that I ever cared for.

Chamber said:
This is me in every fighting game. :(
Thing is I can pull off all I want in SFIV online no problem, but in MK I will cock up ermacs teleport lift and eat 40% punish for it, the game just can't read inputs sometimes online.

sleepykyo

ToyBroker said:
Fucking around with Skarlett and....meh.

Her little dagger pop ups (down back triangle, down forward triangle) are slow as fuck.

Thanks to MK animation and hits, the latter can still inserted into a combo though. eg. b+1, 1, launch

Any clue on what her reversal/armored moves are?

Xevren said:
LOL @ the Peaceful Jay stream. Just desyncs or dropped rooms mid matches every time. That's my KOTH experience.
only desyncs i've had are between loading and before round 1 starts, any other time is because the user quit or lagged out with a different message.

My fix was to delete all dlc apart from scarlet and klassic pack #1, all pre-order and LE dlc is deleted, fixed a lot of syncs for me, and I use a klassic costume online 90% of the time.

fernoca

DryEyeRelief said:
He still looks the same.
People complained when they changed him in Armageddon, this costume is closer to his alt there where it was a mix of a ninja, but with a veil instead of a mask and a tiara-like thing..and some other things to look fabulous. :p

Chamber

love on your sleeve
akilshohen said:
Is that really the rain costume? It says "not pictured" right under the still. It really looks like a recolored scorpion.
I think the "not pictured" refers to Shao Kahn but I also noticed he looks stunningly similar to Scorpion and even seems to be doing the Spear motion with his hand.

fernoca

Rain with Scorpion in the pic:

TjZxR.jpg

The shoulder-pads are different, he wears what seems to be a veil, there's the rope-like thing as belt too. His arms are fully covered in black too, not showing skin like Scorpion does.

GrayFoxPL said:
He's not yet in the game. His second costume will probably be all Armageddon.

Do they get second costumes?

Hacked Scarlett has a secondary costume but the current one dosnt have one (at least not unlockable as far as we know)

fernoca

Lost Fragment said:
So I bought the season pass, but I still can't use any of the classic costumes. Anybody else having this problem?
There are still problems with the retro costumes acquired through preorders. At the moment, they've only said that they're working on a fix.

Regular retro-pack acquired/.purchased doesn't seems to give problems...at the moment. :p

Too bad about that anyway, hoped that the compatibilty pack would at least reduce some of the problems, so we'll see.

fernoca

Lost Fragment said:
I didn't have any of the classic costumes through preorder.
So you got the full package for $5?

By preorder, I meant is as retro costumes acquired through individual codes (ie. 1 code for retro Scorpion, 1 code for Ermac, etc.). ;)

If you got the $5 pack..and are having the problem, then...it's really weird.

parasight

Is there any word as to when the Pass is no longer available? I'm out of points and am wondering if I should hustle to get some or can wait for a sale.

Nemesis_

Nemesis556 said:
FINALLY, what's the suggest course of action for downloading? I'm a bit confused, it looks like people are saying I should delete things, load the game, then download the new content or something.

Any answers?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Lost Fragment said:
...no, I bought the season pass, which is supposed to include classic costumes.
Season Pass provides you with DLC characters.

Ermac and Cyrax Klassic costumes came with the Skarlet Compatibility patch (which is not mandatory).

Mileena/Kitana/Jade/Scorpion/Subzero/Ermac/Reptile are either pre-order bonuses or the 5 bucks Klassic Skins pack.

parasight said:
Is there any word as to when the Pass is no longer available? I'm out of points and am wondering if I should hustle to get some or can wait for a sale.

As far as i know nothing has been said. Since you get one character free id imagine once DLC character 2 is released it wont be an option anymore.

However Considering its 1200 points its a money maker for WB and could stay up until the last character has been released.

notworksafe

Lost Fragment said:
k, so why does the season pass thing say I'm "entitled to 4 new characters and 8 klassic character skins" if it's not supposed to give me 8 classic costumes?
Each new character comes with 2 costumes when they are released.

Lost Fragment said:
So I bought the season pass, but I still can't use any of the classic costumes. Anybody else having this problem?
The classic costumes are of Sektor and Cyrax in the first pack with Skarlett. The classic human ninja costumes are not included in the season pass.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Lost Fragment said:
k, so why does the season pass thing say I'm "entitled to 4 new characters and 8 klassic character skins" if it's not supposed to give me 8 classic costumes?
Because each of the 4 characters comes with 2 Klassic Skins?

Just like Scarlet came with Cyrax and Sektor?

Khezu

Those are the 8 klassic skins that come with the DLC characters, there free to everyone.

Its mk3 cyrax and sektor, and MK2 smoke and noob, and 4 other ones that will come out later.

2 Come out with each character.

Seraphis Cain said:
I don't view it as being "screwed". 360 owners get a free character. We already got a free character in Kratos.

Playing field is even now. Hell, it's still slanted in favor of the PS3 owners, since we'll also likely get the character the Season Pass owners get for free. We'll just have to pay for it is all. PS3 users will still have more content (Kratos + his background). I don't see much of a reason to complain here.

I disagree entirely.

If it was truly "FREE" character to compensate for the fact that MS IPs didn't want to be a part of MK9, then one of the characters would be free for EVERYONE on XBL. It's not that at all, it's a bundle, a discount pack for pre-purchasing. I'd like to know why 360 users are being offered a discount for buying all 4 characters up front. That's all.

sleepykyo

Novid said:
I see this as the issue that defines most of dudebro/manchild/meathead this gaming generation - Sareena is hot to the dudebro. Meathead love Jade and Kitana, Manchild wants more ponies and icecream and so hate on MK.

But as a manchild I like Kitana and haven't seen ponies yet. Not to mention my issues with MK have nothing to do with ponies and icecream. To are some weird issues with the way MK handles hits and animates.

Who is Sareena and what's her fighting style anyway?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
corrosivefrost said:
I disagree entirely.

If it was truly "FREE" character to compensate for the fact that MS IPs didn't want to be a part of MK9, then one of the characters would be free for EVERYONE on XBL. It's not that at all, it's a bundle, a discount pack for pre-purchasing. I'd like to know why 360 users are being offered a discount for buying all 4 characters up front. That's all.

Hm. Fine. If my previous theory isn't satisfactory, then I present an alternative theory:

fOy8b.jpg

notworksafe

Boon did say that 360 was getting "something special" when people asked about why PS3 was being favored with an extra character. Maybe a bundle pack was that something?

fernoca said:
The shoulder-pads are different, he wears what seems to be a veil, there's the rope-like thing as belt too. His arms are fully covered in black too, not showing skin like Scorpion does.

:| It's like hearing someone describe the differences between Evil Ryu and Ryu. Oh well, here's hoping for the alt.

sleepykyo

notworksafe said:
Boon did say that 360 was getting "something special" when people asked about why PS3 was being favored with an extra character. Maybe a bundle pack was that something?

I always thought it was the avatar integration. Pretty special something though, working netcode, free tournament usable character and avatar integration.

TheHakku

I think it's really messed up that the compatibility pack is optional, even for ranked games. Too many people afraid of my Skarlet.

Fake Edit: I guess I didn't read up on it and understand now that the compatibility pack isn't even available, which would explain why I'm facing those that chose not to buy Skarlet. Even so, should be allowed to play as her. I paid for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom