• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

sleepykyo said:
I always thought it was the avatar integration. Pretty special something though, working netcode, free tournament usable character and avatar integration.
Having played on both systems. this is arguable. Neither system's netcode is any good.

sleepykyo

I didn't type good, I just typed working. On the 360 side, it might be x% of the matches are going to terrible, but you'll be able to steer clear of them. With the current indicators, it is a shot in the dark on the PS3 side.

On the PS3 side, is there reason why Skarlett doesn't show up as usable for certain matches?

TheHakku

sleepykyo said:
On the PS3 side, is there reason why Skarlett doesn't show up as usable for certain matches?
I'm assuming it's because the compatibility "DLC" supposedly got taken down, and playing against someone without it and without Skarlet DLC.

notworksafe said:
Boon did say that 360 was getting "something special" when people asked about why PS3 was being favored with an extra character. Maybe a bundle pack was that something?

Wasn't their "something special" the inclusion of 360 avatars in King of the Hill? :\

--

FYI, I was just able to get the compat pack 1 through the MK interface on page 2 of 3 for $0.00.

corrosivefrost said:
Wasn't their "something special" the inclusion of 360 avatars in King of the Hill? :\

--

FYI, I was just able to get the compat pack 1 through the MK interface on page 2 of 3 for $0.00.

If it was the360 avatars thats the worst special thing iv ever received. I like how kratos plays, not to mention an extra stage 2 fatality s and the best babality in the game and then 3 stage fatalities and a arcade mode ending. Its a good job i played kratos to death on the ps3 version or id be really angry that the 360 exclusive was avatars hell the ps3 koth avis look better.

fernoca

Did some experimenting (Xbox 360) with the friend that got the copy yesterday and had a retro-Kitana code inside.

Before redeeming the code, yesterday and today everything worked fine. I could use any retro, etc.

He redeemed the code and downloaded it, and we weren't able to:
-Use retro costumes
-Use alternate costumes
-Choose Skarlet

So he deleted it, and everything went back to normal. 20 matches and no problems with all my retros, costumes and Skarlet.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
So no Skarlet alt outfit or damage for that matter? Kinda lame. Her "bio" shows damage but not the ingame model.
What do you mean? :p
Her character does receive damage in-game.

fernoca

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Nevermind, just watched her top wear away. It definitely doesn't happen as quickly as others.... but that could be because she isn't wearing much haha.
Haha, yeah. Reminds me of Yoda in Soulcalibur and how he's just wearing a robe yet one can hear the armor breaking-sound and pieces of cloth..falling. :p

sleepykyo

corrosivefrost said:

--

Guess more people need to download it then. Oh and I think Shang Tsung's Island disappeared from the PS3 lobbies.

Teknoman

Yeah downloading the compatibility pack 1 now. I'll probably grab the classic skins pack...dont see myself playing as Skarlet since her fatalities seem kinda boring(?) but i'll take Kenshi since I had fun with him in Deadly Alliance. Classic skins too.

does scarlet's blood ball scale in a combo? 7% self damage for 15% unscaled, if it did scale then it's not going to look too good in a combo doing half damage.

I am not playing koth until the sync problem is gone, i'd get stressed out waiting for 2 to 3 rights only to see a desync box.

Haven't played in over a month and decided to get back into the game once the Skarlet DLC was available

Rusty as hell and Challenge 251 is still a fucking bitch (even with the fireballs)

Skipped that piece of shit

10 ranked wins, thank you new net code and sub zero ice clones :) oh and special thanks to good old ermac making two people rage quit.

I honestly never thought i'd make it, 10 ranked wins when every few matches you bump into some elite mileena or cyber sub who can near infinite you.

Khezu said:
Those are the 8 klassic skins that come with the DLC characters, there free to everyone.

Its mk3 cyrax and sektor, and MK2 smoke and noob, and 4 other ones that will come out later.

2 Come out with each character.

hopefully a human reptile. I have the klassic MK1 one, but one with detail equivalent to scorpion's default would be awesome. Still not giving up hope lol

Khezu

I don't think they have ever said it was "exclusive" out right, but it really doesn't look like its coming to psn.

If it was coming it would have been out by now, since thats the whole idea of a "season" pass. That's not to say they might end up running a deal after all 4 characters are out and put em up as a pack, if you want to wait.

How do you guys like Skarlett?

I dig her, she seems to have decent speed and is easy to combo with. A good range of abilities and that Blood Ball is beast! Wondering if that will get nerfed. I like the blood absorption thing in her fatalties which fits with her bio but I think they could have been a little more creative with them. What's the pez dispenser thing you guys were talking about before? Only thing that really irks me (which is something stupid and superficial) is that they named one of her fatalities "Make it Rain". How could they not save that for...Rain! lol

sleepykyo

The Make it Rain fatality is probably tied for second right now as my favorite fatality.

1st: Sheeva's 2nd fatality (too bad it's Sheeva)
2nd: Johnny's 2nd and Skarlett's 2nd

Still unsure about her potential. After finding out (from the srk vid) she did have both of the slash options after the dash, I think she has some interesting potential. If nothing else, she is interesting design beyond the skimpy outfit. eg. Asymmetric throw damage, sacrificing health, double dagger toss (not a natural combo, but the 2nd hit can be canceled).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I think I'm going to pick this game up since my TV just got delivered. Which version should I go with? PS3 or 360?

Trojita said:
I think I'm going to pick this game up since my TV just got delivered. Which version should I go with? PS3 or 360?
Is it a 3D TV? Do you like Kratos? If so, PS3.
It's probably best to get whatever version your friends have though.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Trojita said:

which ever system you have a stick on, or more friends on. I personally think that the xbox version looks more colorful, but its probably my tv (and i mostly play on ps3 lol)

W Hudson

Squall ASF said:
How do you guys like Skarlett?

Big fan so far. I messed around with her in the lab and on ladder mode (no online yet) but she certainly has nice damage output, is very fast, and has a good mixup game. Zoning is good too. To me she seems up there with the best characters in the game.

Unicorn

Trin3785 said:
which ever system you have a stick on, or more friends on. I personally think that the xbox version looks more colorful, but its probably my tv (and i mostly play on ps3 lol)
I actually prefer pad over my stick in thbis game. I'm on 360 too, though I'm using my Tron controller (slightly better d-pad).

fernoca

Thread's moving to Community tomorrow, so...would everyone prefer to mix the online talk with the general talk in this thread, or continue with separate threads for both?

Not that the Online Community thread was used that much, but wondering in case people prefer everything in one place...so I can add the online-info from that thread in here and ask for the other one to be locked...

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
Thread's moving to Community tomorrow, so...would everyone prefer to mix the online talk with the general talk in this thread, or continue with separate threads for both?

Not that the Online Community thread was used that much, but wondering in case people prefer everything in one place...so I can add the online-info from that thread in here and ask for the other one to be locked...

Mix-up please.

fernoca said:

Mix would make the most sense. It naturally happened with other fighting game threads as their matchup threads faded in to obscurity.

Its neat that Noob & Smoke correctly are using the MK2 Ninja costumes. I hope that means we're getting an MK2 klassic pack and possibly an MK3 klassic pack as well. Would also like to see some classic costumes for non-ninjas as well.
Trin3785 said:
Both versions look pretty much the same if your TV is calibrated properly on both inputs (I'm lucky because I have an LG TV with ISF calibration built in which is basically the best thing you could ask for). Get an ISF Calibration DVD.

Xevren

fernoca said:

No one really uses the other thread, may as well just leave it all in here.

Diablohead said:
Fightpad bro
MKstick01--article_image.jpg

I don't have money for one, I am stuck with my SF stick :(

Okay, so I've been doing Tag Team practice with Reptile/Ermac vs Scorpion/Sub-Zero all in classic costumes for the past two hours straight, and I am loving it. So many memories.

Also I realize now that I can kick some major ass with Reptile. Never considered using him until he donned his classic green ninja costume. I'm a happy man. :)

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Soulscribe said:
Okay, so I've been doing Tag Team practice with Reptile/Ermac vs Scorpion/Sub-Zero all in classic costumes for the past two hours straight, and I am loving it. So many memories.

Also I realize now that I can kick some major ass with Reptile. Never considered using him until he donned his classic green ninja costume. I'm a happy man. :)

Reptile is my Fav, when i play friends and they are hit by the green ball, they know its at least 25% life gone! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom