• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Trin3785 said:
Reptile is my Fav, when i play friends and they are hit by the green ball, they know its at least 25% life gone! =)

btw.... What is this shit!? Sprite in a bubble?

Maybe Reptile is an astronaut.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Only 2 people showed up for MK at Guard Crush 18. Ouch.
If NRS gets their shit together with the netcode I'd gladly drop all this "Fighting Game Community" crap and just play the games I like.

Plenty of people to play at any given time, if it worked well.

fernoca

There. Added the info from the online thread to this one, moved some things around.

Working on adding the fatalities of each character. (Skarlet's already tehre)

Human Cyrax's costume totally disappeared for me. I currently have...

Scorpion (GS pre-order bonus)
Ermac (KE bonus)
Klassic Costume Pack #1
Season's Pass
Skarlett (from Season's Pass)

Hopefully NRS fixes this.... this kinda shows the weakness of Xbox Live. They need to give the ability for developers to bundle downloads together so that they could pair down the amount of possible configurations (individual codes for classic skins vs klassic pack, compatibility skarlett pack vs actual skarlett pack vs season's pass skarlett pack). Also, NRS should've made the compatibility DLC mandatory and just made it so that when you boot try to go online it forces you to download the compatibility pack(s).

rayner said:
Finished up MK on Tuesday, took long enough to 1000/1000 this game.
don't you have to spend 24 hours with each character to get the total mastery achievement/trophy? you just idle in 2p or something?

orion434

Diablohead said:
don't you have to spend 24 hours with each character to get the total mastery achievement/trophy? you just idle in 2p or something?

Tag Practice left on overnight... still took a long ass time. The other requirements are nothing to sneeze at either, 100 Wins, 100 Fatalities, 150 X-Ray attacks, 10,000 pints of blood. Takes like 1 - 2 hours per character.

rayner said:
Tag Practice left on overnight... still took a long ass time. The other requirements are nothing to sneeze at either, 100 Wins, 100 Fatalities, 150 X-Ray attacks, 10,000 pints of blood. Takes like 1 - 2 hours per character.

Ugh. Shit like this is why I quit caring about achievements. I don't see how anybody can have fun doing stuff like that.

sleepykyo

rayner said:

Secrets to getting those in 1-2 hours?

fernoca

Those in EU regions using the PS3 version; if you were affected:
Unfortunately, due to some technical issues, the Mortal Kombat Skarlet DLC will not be available to PSN users in Europe until next week. We apologise for any inconvenience but assure fans that Skarlet and her fatalities are on the way.

To clarify the posted price of the Classic Skins pack on PSN is incorrect and is currently being rectified to £3.19 for UK users and €3.99 for European users.

All users will have access to the compatibility pack and free classic skins - Cyrax and Sektor - once Skarlet is available.​
Those that purchased the Klassic Skins Pack at the higher price will be refunded the difference. Keep in mind that, that particular issue was only in the PSN/PS3 and EU regions. EU-Xbox 360 users got everything at the price/points it was supposed to.

And darn, people are blaming Ed Boon for the EU-pricing/delay issue of the DLC. XD

notworksafe

Any of you guys know a way to tell if MK is patched up to 1.02 (PS3)? I want to make sure all of the setups we are using for the tourney are up to date. Is there a way to carry the patch on a flash drive in case one needs to be updated there?

fernoca

notworksafe said:
Any of you guys know a way to tell if MK is patched up to 1.02 (PS3)? I want to make sure all of the setups we are using for the tourney are up to date. Is there a way to carry the patch on a flash drive in case one needs to be updated there?
On PS3, I think you can check the install data and press Triangle it will show the latest update it was applied. At least some games do, don't know if MK is the same. As for taking it on an USB just in case, you can't...at least I tried to do so for a friend wit ha copy of Killzone 3 some months ago, and there was no option to do so.

Noriega said:
Kinda disappointed there was no bio or alt for Skarlet.
Bio's in Nekropolis.
Select any character, when the model is displayed. Press start, change character, choose Skarlet.

Alt..no sign of it..yet.

Noriega said:
Kinda disappointed there was no bio or alt for Skarlet.

Considering the hacked files had an alt, me aswell, unless WB is purposely withholding them for pseudo "free" dlc or paid dlc later down the line

notworksafe

fernoca said:
On PS3, I think you can check the install data and press Triangle it will show the latest update it was applied. At least some games do, don't know if MK is the same. As for taking it on an USB just in case, you can't...at least I tried to do so for a friend wit ha copy of Killzone 3 some months ago, and there was no option to do so.
I'll check on the update data thing when I get to my PS3 tonight, thanks. And people on Test Your Might are saying the "Downloaded Settings" file can be copied onto a flash drive and installed on other machines. I'll have to test that as well and see what happens.

Nori Chan

fernoca said:
Bio's in Nekropolis.
Select any character, when the model is displayed. Press start, change character, choose Skarlet.

Alt..no sign of it..yet.
Oops, I mean like a shrine like the other characters.

I played some on xbl today. The in game lag is greatly improved. It felt really good. Still getting those damn desync messages though. Good improvement though.

notworksafe

As a quick point, fernoca's idea of checking did work. Also we were able to copy the "downloaded settings" file over to the other PS3s. Just in case anyone was wondering. :)

fernoca

notworksafe said:
As a quick point, fernoca's idea of checking did work. Also we were able to copy the "downloaded settings" file over to the other PS3s. Just in case anyone was wondering. :)
Hope everything goes nicely at the tournament. ;)

Talking about Downloaded Settings, anyone knows if the "problem' of the 360 version of not been able to use the hot-fixes if the console was offline was solved? I recently got the (360) game and noticed the Downloaded Settings save along with the rest of saved-data; but don't know if that was already in there..and it still didn't worked. Or if it was just after an update and that save solved the issue...?

notworksafe

Sorry for the spam but I figured people here would be interested. I'm helping to run a big tourney at the Comic Expo in Albuquerque, NM playing MK (also doing T6, AE, and MvC3 with a $1000 guaranteed first prize) so if you're in the area come by and say hi! We'll be doing casual/free tournies today and the big money ones tomorrow.

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index....po-mvc3-100000-guaranteed-1st-june-24th-26th/

Justin Wong will be here tomorrow as well, so come get your chance to whup him in whatever game you want! We'll even have a Super Turbo arcade machine!

Unfortunately the net there is far too poor to run a stream but we'll have videos of Jwong's fights and all the finals up after the weekend.

miklonus

fernoca said:
Those in EU regions using the PS3 version; if you were affected:
Unfortunately, due to some technical issues, the Mortal Kombat Skarlet DLC will not be available to PSN users in Europe until next week. We apologise for any inconvenience but assure fans that Skarlet and her fatalities are on the way.

To clarify the posted price of the Classic Skins pack on PSN is incorrect and is currently being rectified to £3.19 for UK users and €3.99 for European users.

All users will have access to the compatibility pack and free classic skins - Cyrax and Sektor - once Skarlet is available.​
Those that purchased the Klassic Skins Pack at the higher price will be refunded the difference. Keep in mind that, that particular issue was only in the PSN/PS3 and EU regions. EU-Xbox 360 users got everything at the price/points it was supposed to.

And darn, people are blaming Ed Boon for the EU-pricing/delay issue of the DLC. XD
The compatibility pack is already up. I just went to my UK account to check. It's there. Type in kombat in the search feature. You'll find it.
The compatibility download is visible thus and available in the UK store, ironically, but it is not available in the American store, which is fucked up because I had to get mine through the game, which is the first time I ever had to download and install a patch through a game ("a patch" meaning a downloadable content type of patch).
But yeah, the compatible pack is in there in the UK store. Type in kombat in the search option and you will find it.

miklonus

kunonabi said:
Man I'm loving Sheeva with the latest buffs.
Agreed. Used her yesterday to get my 300th win in the challenge tower. 3 button combo with the punch buttons, followed by the down-up stomp. Damn-near got a perfect on goro, kintaro, mileena and kahn.

notworksafe said:
Sorry for the spam but I figured people here would be interested. I'm helping to run a big tourney at the Comic Expo in Albuquerque, NM playing MK (also doing T6, AE, and MvC3 with a $1000 guaranteed first prize) so if you're in the area come by and say hi! We'll be doing casual/free tournies today and the big money ones tomorrow.

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index....po-mvc3-100000-guaranteed-1st-june-24th-26th/

Justin Wong will be here tomorrow as well, so come get your chance to whup him in whatever game you want! We'll even have a Super Turbo arcade machine!

Unfortunately the net there is far too poor to run a stream but we'll have videos of Jwong's fights and all the finals up after the weekend.
Looking forward to the videos, hope it all goes smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom