• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAL2006

Banned
So how is the online in this game now has it been fixed, the only fighters I liked the netcode for are SFIV, MVC2, SF2HDR and BlazBlue. I bought MvC3 and resold it a few days later, because I can't handle the lag, is Mortal Kombat still laggy online.

Mileena

Banned
It's improved, but still not as good as BBCS or even SSF4. The session no longer available and desyncs galore make it not worth playing until they patch it (again)

fernoca

Unicorn said:
Where can I see patch notes and stuff about buff/nerf?
Sheeva was buffed on the May 20 update:
May 20, 2011
• Reduced some of Kung Lao’s combo and overall damage.
• Reduced the damage on some special moves.
• Increased the damage scaling after Kitana’s Enhanced ground fan toss.
• Adjusted some juggle’s damage scaling.
• Reduced the damage on some basic combos that were doing too much damage without using any meter.
• Increased Sheeva’s damage output for several of her moves and attacks.
• Temporarily Changed around some of Sonya’s fighting style properties to reduce her ability to lock someone down in block stun.
• Changed Kano’s Towards (Forward + Front Kick) to a low block.
• Reduced the recovery on Kano’s Upball to be closer to Johnny Cage’s Flip Kick recovery.
• Increased the damage of some of Baraka’s special moves and attacks.
• It is easy to juggle combo after hitting someone with Baraka’s chopchop on the ground.
• Increased the damage scaling on a frozen opponent.
• Baraka’s Away (Back + Front Kick + Front Punch) combo is now a true popup.
• Reduced some of Reptile's combo damage.
TestyourMight.com, TRMK.org post the info..and I post at the Online Kombat section too of this thread, when available. Netherrealm.com and TheMortalKombat.com apparently post the patch-notes too; but I haven't found them on the site...yet.

This thread at TRMK.org is following the fixes too.

KAL2006 said:
So how is the online in this game now has it been fixed, the only fighters I liked the netcode for are SFIV, MVC2, SF2HDR and BlazBlue. I bought MvC3 and resold it a few days later, because I can't handle the lag, is Mortal Kombat still laggy online.
The online was improved, though I didn't had many problems originally..it is more responsive....when it works. :p
The patch that fixed it, brought desync issues caused by everyone that has a retro-costume obtained through a code (preorder, BluRay, Limited Edition, etc.). You can delete them to reduce the issue, but as long as others online have them; you'll get desynced...99% of the time. They're working on another patch to fix that.

Last 2 days i've been playing this online and sf4 again, so many moves drop in mk9 it's starting to annoy me, I hope they fix that problem with another update. I really should not play sf4 straight before or after as it makes me even more angry with it.

I also love how people quit after they win the first round and then you win the next two, like they think it doesn't count when they bail or something. TBH the moment you land the last or fatality hit no internet connection is required.

fernoca

And we're in the Community-section. ;)
I'll continue adding the fatalities during this days and updating the thread when needed.

On the Mortal Kombat side of things, by the end of July; we're supposed to have:
-2 more DLC characters (Kenshi and Rain)
-4 more retro costumes for free (through compatibility packs; retro Smoke and Noob confirmed)
-A few more hot-fixes
-A patch to fix the desync issues
-The final episode of Mortal Kombat Legacy, featuring Cyrax and Sektor.

Then August with the brand new "???" character; so we'll see how things go.

sleepykyo

KAL2006 said:

Still noticeably worse than SSF4 (at least on the PS3 side) which isn't a particularly bar to begin with.

fernoca

Interesting.
Patrick McCarron; from TRMK posted another temporary solution for thsoe having the desync issue after the latest patch (1.02 on PS3, 4MB on box 360).

Basically, instead of finding the retro-codes-DLC (i.e. any retro costume obtained through a preorder, limited/tournament editions, Bluray, etc.) and deleting if from the HDD, go to the download history and download it again (if you already have it). Anyone that deleted it, download it again and then if the problem persists, do the "download again" on top of it.

And post if you see any improvements or not. Again, it may be a temporary solution, an actual fix is still in the works, for both consoles.

Nori Chan

X-Rays in training don't count towards.

It's easier to have two controllers and use the Kombat Kode that gives unlimited meters. All easy for wins too

fernoca

BigFwoosh said:
Anybody up for some PSN matches? It makes me sad that more people aren't playing this, even with netcode issues.
Don't be sad. :) :p

Check around the spreadsheet if anyone you know around here has the game, or add everyone to schedule possible matches.. ;)

If not, well..there are around a thousand people hourly playing, so jump into any lobby, meet strangers and have fun. Just don't drink anything. :p

Xevren

I've pretty much dropped playing online due to the desync issues and with how often moves are dropped. It's fine for some characters but it makes it far too hard to combo with others.

Prodigal

Banned
Sorry if this has been answered, but is the XBL season pass for all 4 DLC characters a timed exclusive or will the deal be released on PSN eventually? (or is it up in the air still)

BigFwoosh

fernoca said:
Don't be sad. :) :p

Check around the spreadsheet if anyone you know around here has the game, or add everyone to schedule possible matches.. ;)

If not, well..there are around a thousand people hourly playing, so jump into any lobby, meet strangers and have fun. Just don't drink anything. :p
Ah, forgot about the spreadsheet. Thanks!

outsidah

Wow I havent played really since launch at came online to unsync 99% of the time. I'll try the work arounds here and see how that goes.

The few matches I did play were I got some MK hate messages. Either for beating them or loosing... LOL. I swear this game makes people more nuts than any other fighter online.

fernoca

Prodigal said:
Sorry if this has been answered, but is the XBL season pass for all 4 DLC characters a timed exclusive or will the deal be released on PSN eventually? (or is it up in the air still)
At the moment, the Season Pass is exclusive to Xbox 360 and only available for a "limited time". There's no more details if "limited time" meant 1 month, 3 months or a year; or if it was a mistake and will be available forever. Guess we'll know in the upcoming weeks.

djkimothy

outsidah said:
Wow I havent played really since launch at came online to unsync 99% of the time. I'll try the work arounds here and see how that goes.

The few matches I did play were I got some MK hate messages. Either for beating them or loosing... LOL. I swear this game makes people more nuts than any other fighter online.

I have the same experience. I've never had so much junk email from so many people. So sue me for playing smoke...

Prodigal said:

No PS3. Supposedly, it's Netherrealm's make-up to the 360 people who didn't get an exclusive character.

Bleepey

djkimothy said:
I have the same experience. I've never had so much junk email from so many people. So sue me for playing smoke...

My brother plays Smoke. Playing the matchup against the bastard is so annoying.

Tansut

I haven't actually played any MK online since like the very short period of time before PSN went down. I'd kind of like to get back into it now that the patch and Skarlet are out.

I'm Tiberius800 or Tiberius-800 (I seriously can never remember which) on PSN if anyone wants to play sometime.

fernoca

Don't know if this means that there won't be a patch for 360 owners; but...

Warner Bros. and NetherRealm Studios has informed us that there is now a fix available for the desynchronization errors on the Xbox 360. In order to fix it, you need to manually re-download the Klassic Kostume DLC files from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

1. Hit the guide button (XBox Logo button on controller)
2. Go to the right to the tab labeled "settings"
3. Select "account management"
4. Select "Download history"
5. Select the pre-order skins and skin pack DLC and re-download.
6. Choose "download again"​

We advise everyone to download the files again, and also spread the word to better the overall online experience. Fixed files are not available to download for the PlayStation 3. We will inform everyone when the PlayStation 3 version is ready.

TRMK posted that after originally posting it on their forums, so it seems to be "an official solution for Xbox 360 owners". Is still unknown if it's "a solution" and not "the solution".

A PS3-patch it still in the works it seems.

So I still haven't received my Ermac code from WB. Going to call them up tomorrow, but I already own the classic costume pack. Should I demand something? :p

fernoca

Shadowlink said:
So I still haven't received my Ermac code from WB. Going to call them up tomorrow, but I already own the classic costume pack. Should I demand something? :p
Hehehe; sucks anyway.
See if you can get a Skarlet DLC-code or an avatar costume? :p

added myself to the spreadsheet (xeroxinlola on PSN&XBL). i really suck at this game but it's the only fighter to capture my attention for more than a few days.

i suppose playing with my brothers whom were there with me rockin it at the arcade in the early nineties helps with the enjoyment factor.

fernoca

Shadowlink said:
What if I already own Skarlett? :(
Demand Kenshi. :p
Though in the end, you already got the full costume pack. In the best case scenario they'll just send you a code for Ermac; which you won't be able to use. Or at least an avatar costume that's not Scorpion. ;)

sleepykyo said:
Just for the de-syncs or for a better overall online experience.
Seems that just for the desyncs...for now. Guess that after that one's out; they'll wait when people complain some more about the online to see what or how to fix it, and when.

Tesseract

Banned
fernoca said:
Don't know if this means that there won't be a patch for 360 owners; but...

Warner Bros. and NetherRealm Studios has informed us that there is now a fix available for the desynchronization errors on the Xbox 360. In order to fix it, you need to manually re-download the Klassic Kostume DLC files from the Xbox Live Marketplace.

1. Hit the guide button (XBox Logo button on controller)
2. Go to the right to the tab labeled "settings"
3. Select "account management"
4. Select "Download history"
5. Select the pre-order skins and skin pack DLC and re-download.
6. Choose "download again"​

We advise everyone to download the files again, and also spread the word to better the overall online experience. Fixed files are not available to download for the PlayStation 3. We will inform everyone when the PlayStation 3 version is ready.

TRMK posted that after originally posting it on their forums, so it seems to be "an official solution for Xbox 360 owners". Is still unknown if it's "a solution" and not "the solution".

A PS3-patch it still in the works it seems.

'We advise everyone to download the files again, and also spread the word to better the overall online experience.' by itself is not good enough. patch it or issue a refund and make the skins free.

fernoca said:
Demand Kenshi. :p
Though in the end, you already got the full costume pack. In the best case scenario they'll just send you a code for Ermac; which you won't be able to use. Or at least an avatar costume that's not Scorpion. ;)

Seems that just for the desyncs...for now. Guess that after that one's out; they'll wait when people complain some more about the online to see what or how to fix it, and when.
Going to demand for Kenshi/Rain DLC when I call them later. :p

fernoca

Tesseract said:
'We advise everyone to download the files again, and also spread the word to better the overall online experience.' by itself is not good enough. patch it or issue a refund and make the skins free.
Keep in mind that that was was added by TRMK, not WB/Netherrealm.
Plus the skins giving the problems (per se) are mostly the ones that were given for free (while Ermac was given Limited/Tournament Editions in the US, it was given free of charge, in other regions, so in that aspect they have no way of knowing who used a free one or got one through a preorder).

They're also investigating other things, because only a small amount of people (at least compared to the ones with the preorder/free codes); don't have any of the costumes ,and tried playing with people that don't have any of them neither, yet still got the desync problems. So they seem to be checking onto that too; since for most people it was solved by just deleting that (the individual files on Xbox, and the installed data on PS3).

Once I tried with the friend of mine, the issue only happened when he downloaded the Kitana DLC. We weren't able to even choose any alt costume. Once he deleted it, everything was back to normal.

Kinda ironic, that of all the problems the latest patch could've caused, the main it caused by something that it's actually stored in the game-disc. I was actually expecting Skarlet to cause all that. :p

If anything, the best solution would be to force everyone to download a relatively big patch to play online that not only fixes the retro costumes, but has the Skarlet data on it (and do the same for any upcoming DLC). And the (current) download is under 90MB, so is not like it might be a problem to many.

fernoca

Naar said:
Hey guys I just hosted a Mortal Kombat tournament in Kuwait and wanted to know what you think of the level of play that you see in the videos?

I plan to do more tournaments and then hopefully be able to compete in major tournaments.

There was a REALLY great match between the Kano player and a Raiden player but it was too long for youtube :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_FixzQz-Es&feature=channel_video_title
That was really nice. I'm not much int other technical aspects, so can't comment on the combos or stuff, except that it was cool to watch. Plus bonus points for been from Kuwait, always nice to see different communities all over the world.

Naar

fernoca said:
That was really nice. I'm not much int other technical aspects, so can't comment on the combos or stuff, except that it was cool to watch. Plus bonus points for been from Kuwait, always nice to see different communities all over the world.

Thanks :D Yea we got some good players in many different games and I hope we can compete with the big boys soon :)

Called WB! They couldn't do anything other than just send me an Ermac code. Don't really know what to do with it. Might give it away to a friend I guess.

djkimothy

Naar said:
Hey guys I just hosted a Mortal Kombat tournament in Kuwait and wanted to know what you think of the level of play that you see in the videos?

I plan to do more tournaments and then hopefully be able to compete in major tournaments.

There was a REALLY great match between the Kano player and a Raiden player but it was too long for youtube :\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_FixzQz-Es&feature=channel_video_title

Excellent video. More please!

Kano is a bitch to play against online. I feel like maining him next...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Does anyone still get hard system locks in xbox live menus and playing online after the current patch?

Game was very freezy at launch. Been trying to play online again the last few days, and when browsing the online menu or in an actual match online, it still tends to lock the system up. Xbox 360.

neos

Wtf, i'm trying to patch to 1.02 but my ps3 freezes everytime i try to download it.
Anybody else?

EDIT: i waited the game to load up, went on the online section, and when asked to, i upgraded to 1.02 and it's working.

VariantX

Kaijima said:
Does anyone still get hard system locks in xbox live menus and playing online after the current patch?

Game was very freezy at launch. Been trying to play online again the last few days, and when browsing the online menu or in an actual match online, it still tends to lock the system up. Xbox 360.

Ive experienced one during the vs. screen during an online match just last night but beyond that, nothing else.

Tesseract

Banned
the download history fix does not work for me. 7 games attempted, 7 desyncs.
i guess i'll delete the skins and wait for nrs to fix their broken game.

*edit* and yes i'm also getting the system locks :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom