• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

Kenshi story trailer, not very exciting but eh. I suppose with that out of the way there will be a smoke/noob classic costume montage tomorrow, so finally get to see if they really are MK2 outfits, or just the black and grey mk1 stuff from the story mode.

Also something interesting, a kind of official stance on the compatibility pack, from paulo, posted on TYM.

Not solely a MK team decision or at all. It isn't that big of a deal on PS3 but for Xbox more has to be done with MS. There are a lot of Xboxs out there (arcade units, core consoles, & ones with just bad or full small harddrives) where making the comp packs mandatory would make them not be able to play online at all. Just with the first 4 dlc characters we are making it would make the game now require a few hundred megs off free harddrive space.

It's been brought up multiple times by me and others that the majority shouldn't be inconvenienced by a minority of users.

Your best bet would be to make yourselves heard by writing in the WB and MS.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Is there any official info on the Kenshi release date for the EU PS3 players? I wonder if we get him with the same lag we got Skarlet...

KombatNetwork

Neo Member
TUNE IN! Details below:
VALLEY STREAM MONSTERS

The Gamers Edge
413 Rockaway Ave.
Valley Stream, NY 11581
(516) 792-6965[/COLOR]

http://thegamersedgerepair.com/

We're back again for week 7 of the Thursday Night Casuals.

The stream should start around 8pm and run till about midnight or a little later.

Some of our regulars at The Gamers Edge, ClassySasquatch, Dark Rob, and REO, all top finishers at ECT3 will be on hand to give everyone another great show following ECT3. At ECT3 they finished: REO - 3rd, ClassySasquatch - tied 7th, and Dark Rob - Top 16.

www.justin.tv/kombatnetwork

Brought To You By

KombatNetwork.png

The Kombat Network
"Get Konnected"
www.kombatnetwork.com
www.testyourmight.com - www.ultimatemk.com - www.classicmk.com

Stream Link - www.justin.tv/kombatnetwork
Streaming Every Thursday from about 8pm to Midnight EST

KombatNetwork

Neo Member
LOL, got the post fixed up now so it looks better. Don't worry, I'm not here to spam the forum with advertisements... I run a weekly MK9 stream and I just want to let as many MK players as possible know about it.

GrayFoxPL

Khezu said:

So they backtracked on the whole Ermac giving him telekinesis. Ermac's still evil in mk9 so they didn't know what to do and gave Kenshi telekinesis just because. That's lazy and lame.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the Nero ghost moves? He should've been a strait up blind swordsman. Too much sprinkles for me.

At least he still has that back turning stab animation from DA,D,A.

malfcn

I think a found a new god tier combo with Smoke, but I need a human to practice is on. The timing is difficult (at least for me, since I am not a technician), but if it is landed properly on a dummy it does about 70%?

Anyone on at this moment? (Xbox 360).

malfcn said:
I think a found a new god tier combo with Smoke, but I need a human to practice is on. The timing is difficult (at least for me, since I am not a technician), but if it is landed properly on a dummy it does about 70%?

Anyone on at this moment? (Xbox 360).

Very curious to know what the combo is.

On another note, I just want to know when Rain is coming out! (exact date) :( Should have been first DLC character, wasn't he the most requested? Haven't looked up anything on Kenshi so I'll get to be surprised by his moves and fatalities just as I was for Skarlet. Still annoyed they gave "Make it Rain" to Skarlett...makes no sense when a character named Rain is coming out! lol just minor pet peeve. Probably because I enjoy that phrase far too much.

Khezu

Rain is probably going to come out 2 weeks after kenshi, since that's there plan.

Anyway, the smoke combo that does 70%, does it involve a smoke bomb reset? Cause that only works on the computer in training mode, its blockable by humans.

GrayFoxPL

Khezu said:
Rain is probably going to come out 2 weeks after kenshi, since that's there plan.

Anyway, the smoke combo that does 70%, does it involve a smoke bomb reset? Cause that only works on the computer in training mode, its blockable by humans.

Humanz superior computerz inferior!

notworksafe

MK Facebook post on how to fix desyncs:

De-synchronization errors have been reported in online play of Mortal Kombat. The issues are specifically with the original downloads of the retail exclusive pre-order Klassic Skins. Anyone playing Mortal Kombat with the original pre-order skins installed will cause de-synchronization against anyone they play. Fixes are in progress for both platforms, with details below.

For Xbox 360
In order to fix the desynchronization errors on the Xbox 360, you must manually re-download the Klassic Kostume DLC files from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Re-downloading the Klassic Skins Pack will not fix the problem. You must re-download the original pre-order skin(s). Instructions for re-downloading:

1. Hit the guide button (XBox Logo button on controller)

2. Go to the right to the tab labelled "Settings"

3. Select "Account Management"

4. Select "Download History"

5. Select the pre-order DLC you wish to re-download.

6. Choose "download again"

If you have re-downloaded the Klassic Skins and are still experiencing desynchronization errors, it is because the person you are playing is still using the older skins. Both players must re-download the content to fix the issue.

For PS3
A patch is in progress to solve this issue for PS3 users. We expect to release the patch the week of 7/4. We will update this message once our timing is confirmed.
https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=117266501638089&topic=6333

fernoca

DR2K said:
Are the online character patches mandatory?
Nope, at the moment. Though when a new character is released, the info about the compatibility pack and the recommendation to download it appear on screen; it's optional.

DR2K

Banned
fernoca said:
Nope, at the moment. Though when a new character is released, the info about the compatibility pack and the recommendation to download it appear on screen; it's optional.

Wow, that sucks. Is it like that for both consoles? I can understand with 360, being that some consoles have no HDD.

fernoca

DR2K said:
Wow, that sucks. Is it like that for both consoles? I can understand with 360, being that some consoles have no HDD.
Yeah, for both.
Khezu posted some more details about it earlier in here too, from a recent post at the Test Your Might Forums:

Not solely a MK team decision or at all. It isn't that big of a deal on PS3 but for Xbox more has to be done with MS. There are a lot of Xboxs out there (arcade units, core consoles, & ones with just bad or full small harddrives) where making the comp packs mandatory would make them not be able to play online at all. Just with the first 4 dlc characters we are making it would make the game now require a few hundred megs off free harddrive space.

It's been brought up multiple times by me and others that the majority shouldn't be inconvenienced by a minority of users.

Your best bet would be to make yourselves heard by writing in the WB and MS.​

Sucks, though I don't know if they added something to detect if the other person has it or not; or if you just get disconnected if someone doesn't have it.

So far I've been matched with people with Skarlet so no problems.

Mileena

Banned
Hasenfeffer said:
Can you not use pre-order dlc in ranked matches? Wasn't able to select my reptile skin at all earlier today.
it's just problems with the online. Sometimes they'll show up, sometimes they won't. It completely boggles my mind considering they're on the fucking disc. NRS :lol

corkscrewblow said:
it's just problems with the online. Sometimes they'll show up, sometimes they won't. It completely boggles my mind considering they're on the fucking disc. NRS :lol

ahhh that's a bummer....Hoping they somehow get this online synch issue fixed (although I won't hold my breath; took them a couple months just to slightly fix the online. Can't imagine how long this would take.)

Xevren

RelentlessRolento said:
Havent been watching tourneys but has there been any 4 player team matches in the tourneys? Been wanting to watch those... oddly wished MvC3 had a 6 player option :(

No, I haven't seen any tournies use the team mode at all. I don't care for it at all either though.

Khezu

Trailer for the noob and smoke costumes.
They do indeed seem to actually be MK2 outfits, so awesome.

Now just need MK2 outfits for scorpion, reptile, sub-zero, mileena, kitana, jade.
Then UMK3 outfits for all the ninjas, and MK3 outfit for sub-zero, and a MK3 robot outfit for smoke and cyber-zero I guess.

Then maybe, just maybe, we can get some costumes for those non ninja characters no one remembers.

Xevren said:
No, I haven't seen any tournies use the team mode at all. I don't care for it at all either though.

I just like the idea of teamwork based high level play mainly. It'd add a whole different flavor to most fights IMHO. MvC3 would be nuts both in terms of gameplay and whatever.

Nemesis_

Khezu said:

Now just need MK2 outfits for scorpion, reptile, sub-zero, mileena, kitana, jade.
Then UMK3 outfits for all the ninjas, and MK3 outfit for sub-zero, and a MK3 robot outfit for smoke and cyber-zero I guess.

Then maybe, just maybe, we can get some costumes for those non ninja characters no one remembers.

I think the MK2 costumes for the FemNinja would be pretty bland, though. I don't think they should bother.

I'm surprised we haven't seen Cyber Reptile, yet.

malfcn

Yay, free skins.

Khezu said:

Yah, it was an EX smoke bomb reset. I figured it was not going to work against. Humans. It is really hard for me to pull off, but I think I landed it on a friend successfully and he blocked it. Not going to waste my time with it anymore (well I might, but just for fun.)

3 d1 2, jump 1, 3 d1 2, dash, 2 1 4, ex bomb, 3 d1 2, 3 d1 2, air kick/throw, ex bomb

Played around with substituting without the jump punch, and sometimes with b2 3 ex smoke.

malfcn said:
Yay, free skins.

Yah, it was an EX smoke bomb reset. I figured it was not going to work against. Humans. It is really hard for me to pull off, but I think I landed it on a friend successfully and he blocked it. Not going to waste my time with it anymore (well I might, but just for fun.)

3 d1 2, jump 1, 3 d1 2, dash, 2 1 4, ex bomb, 3 d1 2, 3 d1 2, air kick/throw, ex bomb

Played around with substituting without the jump punch, and sometimes with b2 3 ex smoke.

Do you have a list to what the numbers mean?

GrayFoxPL

Khezu said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNo4Xkxwtz4

Hey Smoke.

They look the same as other classic costumes to me apart the masks.
Would rather have Scorpion's DA costume, Kenshi's DA alt and unmasked Sub from mk3.

Edit: Hardcore lizard for Reptile!

Did they add a hidden patch to challenge 300? After losing a couple of times,
I started to gain life after defeating Goro. Same thing would happen after defeating Kintaro, and Mileena.
This never happened to me before the official patch that was released to fix online.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Shadowlink said:
Did they add a hidden patch to challenge 300? After losing a couple of times,
I started to gain life after defeating Goro. Same thing would happen after defeating Kintaro, and Mileena.
This never happened to me before the official patch that was released to fix online.
There was no hidden patch, as this was in the game from the beginning. Thing is, for the "easier mode" to activate, you have to wait until actually failing the challenge, not retry it before the window pops up.

Does anyone have any tips on how to perform a jump punch? Because most of the time it doesn't work. It seems like there's a delay to when I jump and punch. I press up and square (or triangle) but it's just not right.

Keiician said:
There was no hidden patch, as this was in the game from the beginning. Thing is, for the "easier mode" to activate, you have to wait until actually failing the challenge, not retry it before the window pops up.
Oh! I guess I never really noticed. I died a lot in this challenge before, but I probably hit retry a ton of times. Thanks!

vocab

eravulgaris said:
Does anyone have any tips on how to perform a jump punch? Because most of the time it doesn't work. It seems like there's a delay to when I jump and punch. I press up and square (or triangle) but it's just not right.

Are you talking about Reptiles 312 into elbow dash into Neutral Jump punch? I can't do it consistently, but you have to hold up during the dash and hit punch on the first few frames.

vocab

henhowc said:
Haven't really touched the game since launch. Is the online any better now?

I would say yes, but the fucking Matchmaking shit is still broken. I don't even play ranked cause it takes too long.

DasRaven

Noriega said:
So I wonder when they are going to release the 2nd klassic pack? Hopefully by the end of july.

Should be hitting PSN tomorrow and XBLM Wednesday along with the Kenshi DLC. We'll likely have the Rain DLC and two more Klassic kostumes by the end of July. They seem to be on a 2 week release schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom