• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFwoosh

fernoca said:
That's weird. If you downloaded the compatibility pack, buying Kenshi just overwrites that download (and unlocks him (for use), so if you were planning on buying Kenshi anyway (or any character); there's no need to download the compatibility pack before or after buying the character.

The PSN is apparently going through some maintenance/problems of sorts. A poster of the gaming side says he can't buy things right now and gets an error code. So who knows. :p
Ah, for some reason I thought I needed to get the compatibility back first. I'll try again in a little bit.

If anyone wants to get in some games tonight, I need some practice!

fernoca

Noriega said:
I haven't tried the ranked matches. I'm on 360, is it any better? I've only played matches in lobbies.
Is still a mixed bag. Seems that most people that do play online, play in Player Match and/or lobbies; so finding someone to play in a Ranked Match can be anything from seconds...to 15 minutes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
BigFwoosh said:
I can't even update the damn game. I downloaded the Kenshi compatibility pack, then I downloaded Kenshi, and then I went to update. Now every time I try to update, it says "Please wait" for like 10 seconds and my PS3 reboots itself. Ugh.

This actually makes me feel better, because the same thing happened to me, and I was worried about my PS3 afterward. :lol

Tried it a second time and it worked fine, though. Still haven't jumped online to test it out, though.

BigFwoosh

Seraphis Cain said:
This actually makes me feel better, because the same thing happened to me, and I was worried about my PS3 afterward. :lol

Tried it a second time and it worked fine, though. Still haven't jumped online to test it out, though.
You should come online and join the gaf room. It's lonely in here =(

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
BigFwoosh said:
You should come online and join the gaf room. It's lonely in here =(

I dunno, I'm pretty terrible. But I guess I'd be up for a few matches.

Oh god Beardz is there. I'm gonna get slaughtered. =/

Mileena

Banned
It's on par with SSF4 now, and MK combos are extremely easy to do. There's really no point in complaining about the netcode anymore.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Beardz, Fwoosh, did the game just lock up for either of you two?

Oh, looks like my internet is going screwy. Right on time too. Every damn night around this time. Fucking Time Warner.

BigFwoosh

Seraphis Cain said:
Beardz, Fwoosh, did the game just lock up for either of you two?

Oh, looks like my internet is going screwy. Right on time too. Every damn night around this time. Fucking Time Warner.
I feel your pain dude. My internet has gone out a couple of times mid-match. I can't wait for the day I'm free of TW's tyranny.

Also, I absolutely suck at doing moves that involve double-tapping a direction on a stick. And why the hell are there so many roly polies in my apartment?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, sorry guys. I should probably leave for tonight. My net's gonna be going out any time now, I can tell, and I'd hate to d/c in the middle of a match. If I see you guys on tomorrow a bit earlier I'll definitely join up though. So much more fun playing with GAF than playing with randoms.

BigFwoosh

Well, I think I'm done getting my ass handed to me for tonight. Good games everybody. I agree, it's definitely more fun playing with gaffers.

Beardz

BigFwoosh said:
Well, I think I'm done getting my ass handed to me for tonight. Good games everybody. I agree, it's definitely more fun playing with gaffers.

Good games indeed, I'm out too.

fernoca

corkscrewblow said:
I get on and you both get off. Screw you guys! :(
Sounds hot. >:)

In "MK news" after removing it for some time, Gamestop put back the "klassic stick" again for preorder (360 and PS3); with a release date of August 31. This sticks for $129.99; also include a voucher with a code to download the upcoming Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection.

kmcAD.jpg

Now, the August 31 date is obviously tentative, but fits with a few things:
1. The original press release announcing the Kollection; made mention of a "late summer release".
2. August 31 is a Wednesday. Xbox Live Arcade releases are usually Wednesdays, and PSN releases a day prior on Tuesday.
3. If the schedule continues, the last DLC character for MK will be released on August 2nd; giving a breather of a few weeks for people before (possibly) getting the Kollection.
4. Summer of Arcade 2011 runs until August 17.
5. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition is rumored to be released on the week of August 26.

So, guess we'll know for sure..soon.

sleepykyo

corkscrewblow said:
It's on par with SSF4 now, and MK combos are extremely easy to do. There's really no point in complaining about the netcode anymore.
Hmm. The few games I´ve played of ae were remarkably better .

Credit where credit due ? not a single de-sync message.

sleepykyo

If Tokido takes MVC3, the US can rest assured MK is still America's game

edit: Thanks for the heads up. Regardless of whether is MK9, SF4 or MVC3, your information network is amazing.

USD

Not exactly sure who the guy commentating with KSK is, but it's cool there's someone who knows MK (the Jax-Sonya-Kano connection, NINJAS AND CYBORGS EVERYWHERE, chip on normals, etc.) to explain to JP audience.

EDIT: Was Matt Dahte, Japanese descent, US-born. Explains why is Japanese and English was perfect.

Guy in the mask on the left is Scott Popular.

USD

And that's it for MK for now. They're playing all the games (MK, T6, MvC3, AE) up to Grand Finals, then they'll run the final match for each game.

Also, lol at the hype.

So do the English speakers there even play the game, or just know more about the series than the Japanese?

Heard one guy in English in the background acting really surprised when he saw a combo breaker, like he didn't know it was a thing in the game.

Vormund

Jeff Green's Son said:
Is there some sort of unwritten rule of not using X ray moves during online matches? So often I come across folks who just fill their meter all the way and don't do shit with it. Should I feel bad using my X ray?

Makes me wonder that. I was caught a guy with my net as cyrax and he had nearly no health. So I xrayd him. He disconnected. Lol

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've just played a bit with Kenshi and Skarlet. I love the former, he's fast and so fun to play.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
That's true, I was really hoping that after all those patches the netcode will be much better but out of 4 fights, 3 were terribly laggy (all opponents had perfect connection according to the game).

Khezu

Is the ps3 version still kinda bugged and shows 4 green dots no matter what? I know that's something my friend was complaining about, I never had it happen on the xbox version, most people I see have 2 or 3 dots, 3 is kinda playable, but 2 is not so hot.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Khezu said:
Is the ps3 version still kinda bugged and shows 4 green dots no matter what? I know that's something my friend was complaining about, I never had it happen on the xbox version, most people I see have 2 or 3 dots, 3 is kinda playable, but 2 is not so hot.
That would explain why the lag was terrible even when playing with people having 4 green dots.

sleepykyo

Khezu said:

Yes. The koth shows the actual connection for a split second, but the general indicators in the lobby and for challenges still just stay 4 dots.

miklonus

Has anyone else had problems inviting a friend from their friends list? I tried inviting mine, it wouldn't work. When she sent me an invite, it actually told me I had to quit the game, and then once that happened, it told me to insert the MK disc!?!? I kept hitting ok and it kept telling me to insert the MK disc, which obviously of course was in there. I have both packs, 1 & 2, all 2 of them, yet.....nothing. I came here hoping to see if anyone was talking about it. I also have PS3.

fernoca

icqpimp said:
Has anyone else had problems inviting a friend from their friends list? I tried inviting mine, it wouldn't work. When she sent me an invite, it actually told me I had to quit the game, and then once that happened, it told me to insert the MK disc!?!? I kept hitting ok and it kept telling me to insert the MK disc, which obviously of course was in there. I have both packs, 1 & 2, all 2 of them, yet.....nothing. I came here hoping to see if anyone was talking about it. I also have PS3.
Weird.
In any case, make sure that (just in case)
-You both have the (two) compatibility packs
-You both have the latest patch on PS3 (which was released yesterday)
-Reinsert the disc (make sure is clean)
-Try other discs if the disc-problem persists

The other option might be to delete the installed data, if it's just with MK.

miklonus

fernoca said:
Weird.
In any case, make sure that (just in case)
-You both have the (two) compatibility packs
-You both have the latest patch on PS3 (which was released yesterday)
-Reinsert the disc (make sure is clean)
-Try other discs if the disc-problem persists

The other option might be to delete the installed data, if it's just with MK.
That's how I was able to play today. I already played several rounds online today. Everything is as you suggested it should, yet I wasn't able to invite her or receive her invites. It's never happened before either, before that 1.03 update for the PS3 version.

fernoca

icqpimp said:
That's how I was able to play today. I already played several rounds online today. Everything is as you suggested it should, yet I wasn't able to invite her or receive her invites. It's never happened before either, before that 1.03 update for the PS3 version.
If she did the same, then..just weird. Maybe one of those "glitches" that out of nowhere everything starts working normally at some point..for no reason. :p

notworksafe

Hm just realized that the 4 characters who have gotten klassic costumes are all on the same row in the character select screen.

Here's hoping for the Sonya/Jax/Kano/Stryker row to be next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom