• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

From the last page : MKII Kitana & Jade Trailer (thanks to Khezu)

And high-res render:

MBmo8.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Noriega said:
I must admit, I do like them too.

I don't like that the free costumes look more cheaply made than the others, but beggers can't be choosers, I guess. I've been hoping that they'd include the MK2 female ninja outfits, but didn't think it would happen.

Nori Chan

I'm guessing cause EVO is around the corner and they have been working on their SF and MVC.

I'd hate to say it, but it's true what Tom Brady said: MK community is backpacking the SF and MVC community.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Maybe. The mk community needs to start throwing their own events. its not a good long term goal to assume the game will just keep appearing at sf and marvel tourneys.

alstein

You can only run so many tournies in one place until you get overlap.

The real issue is that Capcom games are in such a dominant position that other games depend on them. The only communities that can really run their own shit that aren't Capcom are Smash and maybe Soul Calibur.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I love it how we get free costumes with each new character and that characters themselves are cheaper than those in let's say MvC3. Learn from NRS, Capcom.

Nemesis_

Yeah, not a huge fan of those Klassic costumes. I just feel like they don't require as much effort to create and put into MK9.

I'd love MK3 Sonya, however, with THOSE LOVELY SNEAKERS

notworksafe

Yeesh. Not great looking. However Sonya/Stryker costumes can't be reused easily so it makes sense that they weren't used.

I'm sure the next two will be more costumes for ninjas since they can get two costumes while only making one. I'm guessing MK2 costumes for Mileena/Skarlet, since they can just recolor these.

Khezu

notworksafe said:
I'm guessing MK2 costumes for Mileena/Skarlet, since they can just recolor these.

Can't do skarlet for a compatibility pack, not everyone has her and its supposed to be incentive for everyone to DL it.
I see it being MK3 male ninja outfits for like reptile and ermac. This way they have the design ready for a costume pack.

The length between the 4th and 5th character will probably longer since they probably haven't had as much time designing them, so they can pad it out with classic costumes.

MK2 reptile, scorpion, sub-zero, skarlet, mileena.

MK3 Skarlet, rain, noob-saibot, smoke, sub-zero, UM sub-zero, scorpion, Cyber-sub, and robo smoke.

Separate them into 2 packs and sell them. I would also like MK3 ninja outfits for human cyrax and sektor, but I doubt that would happen.

vixlar

I think the MK2 outfits look good. Actually, when UMK3 launched, I felt dissapointed with their outfits. In MK9, those outfits look good.

My only concern is: ¿Where is my bandage only Mileena? (That from story mode)

fernoca

GrayFoxPL said:
Rain in 3 days. You got to admit NRS isn't sloppy in releasing those dlc characters. Plus always free costumes!
Yep.
And the game's still selling well (still in the Top 10 in the US after 3 months); so hope more people join and they get into making more DLC (characters, costumes, etc.) XD

Plus new character in 2 weeks too. Wonder who's going to be. :p

Khezu

I hate the idea of tremor making it into the game, but with how much the MK community won't shut the hell up about him, I see NRS caving eventually.
I guess if they have to put him in they should downplay the ninja part, maybe have an outfit similar to guy from SF, but brownish, no mask or hood, and have lots of black dragon tattoo's.

Some people want him to play like the hulk from marvel, that seems kinda fitting, id rather them rip off the sand kid from naruto though, he is like the only person I have seen with interesting earth powers.

Disappointed in the decision to do MK2 costumes for the femninjas. They are objectively inferior to everything else they've ever worn.

Besides, we need MK3 Sub and Stryker costumes, stat!

Also, still waiting for Cyber Smoke, Boon. :mad:

GrayFoxPL

HeresSomeWeapons said:
Disappointed in the decision to do MK2 costumes for the femninjas. They are objectively inferior to everything else they've ever worn.

Besides, we need MK3 Sub and Stryker costumes, stat!

Also, still waiting for Cyber Smoke, Boon. :mad:

He can't be in as he doesn't exist now.

fernoca

The thing is that, seeing how it will probably be a new character; in the same sense that Skarlet was a new character; I still say that the 4th character is "Hornbuckle". :p

1MdoZ.png

Seeing how even Blaze (left) was added to the cannon; is the only character that like Skarlet through all this years "was there" while "not there" at the same time. :p

They could make him based on Dan Hornbuckle. XD
z8p4D.jpg

Since he's a mixed-martial artist it fits with the "kinda like Liu Kang" aspect too.

Man I really need to start playing again... again, played it tons when that online fix came out but again not touched the game for about nearly 2 weeks now, I need to try out kenshi who looks a ton better then another skimpy scarlet and those MKII outfits posted above are <3

djkimothy

Diablohead said:
Man I really need to start playing again... again, played it tons when that online fix came out but again not touched the game for about nearly 2 weeks now, I need to try out kenshi who looks a ton better then another skimpy scarlet and those MKII outfits posted above are <3

Kenshi is the shit. His zoning is superb. You have access to 90% of the screen with him. I don't get a chance to play with him much though. Not selectable sometimes. Not sure why.

fernoca

djkimothy said:
Kenshi is the shit. His zoning is superb. You have access to 90% of the screen with him. I don't get a chance to play with him much though. Not selectable sometimes. Not sure why.
If you can't select it online, is because the other person didn't downloaded the compatibility pack.

If the problem is offline, then a glitch of sorts. Though problems (well not big ones) hasn't been reported, so you'll need to contact WB or the guys at Netherrealm on Twitter if the problem's offline also.

corkscrewblow said:
Only if he has a spear
I wouldn't have it any other way.

GrayFoxPL said:
He can't be in as he doesn't exist now.
That's a weak argument. Human Sub-Zero doesn't exist now, but I can still play as him. Fighting game DLC isn't required to operate within story constraints, and even if it did, there's no reason they can't come up with something silly and contrived like they did with Kratos.

djkimothy

fernoca said:
If you can't select it online, is because the other person didn't downloaded the compatibility pack.

If the problem is offline, then a glitch of sorts. Though problems (well not big ones) hasn't been reported, so you'll need to contact WB or the guys at Netherrealm on Twitter if the problem's offline also.

Yah. It was online. Offline is fine.

GrayFoxPL

HeresSomeWeapons said:
I wouldn't have it any other way.

That's a weak argument. Human Sub-Zero doesn't exist now, but I can still play as him. Fighting game DLC isn't required to operate within story constraints, and even if it did, there's no reason they can't come up with something silly and contrived like they did with Kratos.

Wrong. Normal Sub-zero exist by most of the tournament time line, then he changes. That's why both are selectable. Smoke stays himself, Robo Smoke doesn't exist in the game's reality anymore. Cyber Sub Zero = Old Smoke.

fernoca

Plus for Cyber Smoke they'll need entirely new animations (like Human/Cyber Cyrax and Sektor). Cyrax and Sektor got their MK3 outfits because they already have a cyber-variant, so it just a skin. And no he wouldn't have a spear since a spear is not part of the "regular" Smoke's move .. :p
Hidden fights do have them, but that's more of fanservice than anything else :p
. ;)

So far the free costumes are just that..costumes. Smoke's case while not impossible; requires some extra work so at the moment we shouldn't expect it. :p

If anything, the last 2 might be MKII Mileena and one MKII male-ninja Scorpion, Reptile or Sub-Zero...or just MKI Liu Kang..since is just Liu Kang with black pants and white shoes. :p

Maybe they're planning some paid (and more "complicated") costumes for later, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom