• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

On the other hand, if they did do a MK2 scorpion costume everyone and there mother would DL the stupid pack and you could actually play ????? online, so that's a plus, in a really stupid ass way.

fernoca

Khezu said:
On the other hand, if they did do a MK2 scorpion costume everyone and there mother would DL the stupid pack and you could actually play ????? online, so that's a plus, in a really stupid ass way.
But my mother wants aerobic Sonya and backward cap Stryker, so she's boycotting any download that doesn't include them.

:p

Khezu

Kinda weird mileena is so low, shes a really good character, reptile is also kinda low, lowest ninja anyway.

Also liu kang and raiden are only that high because it counts story mode, and the shao khan fights super inflated the list.

Mileena

Banned
I guess, though I still see a lot of Raidens online. It's hilarious though, out of all the Scorpion players I don't think I've ever played a single good one. He's like the Ken of MK9.

Khezu said:
Kinda weird mileena is so low, shes a really good character, reptile is also kinda low, lowest ninja anyway.

Also liu kang and raiden are only that high because it counts story mode, and the shao khan fights super inflated the list.
wouldn't be surprised that in a diverse audience of people if theres enough of a percentage that doesn't want to be playing with a character that has almost no clothes on, especially in front of their girlfriend/wife, siblings/family, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
corkscrewblow said:
I guess, though I still see a lot of Raidens online. It's hilarious though, out of all the Scorpion players I don't think I've ever played a single good one. He's like the Ken of MK9.
I actually made this appropriate picture on launch day

qybqj7.jpg

note: it helps if you've seen the sf4 version

GrayFoxPL

corkscrewblow said:

Very true. I'm just now trying out Scorpion since the demo and actually pretty tricky for proper play. Online Scorpion is total flowchart:
(Picture of a post in the making as it got screwed up in actual post.)

ienXAQ.jpg

ihasaflavour

Neo Member
GrayFoxPL said:
Very true. I'm just now trying out Scorpion since the demo and actually pretty tricky for proper play. Online Scorpion is total flowchart:
(Picture of a post in the making as it got screwed up in actual post.)

ienXAQ.jpg

Scorpion noobs playing like the above chart are serious lolz.

I main Scorpion myself, and if I ever uppercut after a connected spear, I would stop playing.

Just sayin'.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I was playing as Barakka and just fought a Scorpion who kept mashing the standard XXX/squaresquaresquare combo. I could block him, but I literally couldn't do anything else. There was no way to poke out or anything. What am I supposed to do there?

Mileena

Banned
You should be able to duck it and poke or uppercut after the third BP. Maybe it was bad input lag or Baraka really sucks that bad.

fernoca

Nemesis556 said:
This is fake, right?
If you believe it's real, then it is. :p

Quick reminders for this week:
July 19: Rain, MKII Kitana & Jade
July 21: Mortal Kombat Legacy Season Finale (Cyrax & Sektor episode)

45IOU.jpg

Nemesis556 said:
I really, really hope they don't leave it out to put it in the fourth character's pack. That would be lame
Its free, they are likely going to be more palette swaps. Perhaps it could be MK3 male ninjas (and if so will probably be Ermac & Rain). Theres likely going to be at least 2 more dlc costume packs which will include the rest of the MK2 male/fem ninjas, MK3 male ninjas and probably a few popular requests like MK3 Sonya, MK3 Stryker and MK1 Kano.

I'd be really happy if those were all the costumes they released and that was it.

I can't wait for Rain! ahhh. Where is his Vs. pic? Everyone elses came out before they were released. Most likely will want to swap Smoke for him.

I understand that some people get tired of the ninjas but personally, I care more about the skill set and a character with Earth powers would be pretty cool so I'd welcome Tremor.

Nemesis_

Guys, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get "GOOD" at this game. I was cleaning up the CPU (I guess that's no huge feat though lol) but I just can't hold my own online.

Is there a beginners guide or tips or something? I'm usually so good with fighters, but for some reason not this one =/

malfcn

How do you check which version you are running? I heard pressing some triggers on a certain screen?

Also, shout outs to TYM for their Season Pass contest. I won a code!

Mileena

Banned
Nemesis556 said:
Guys, no matter how hard I try, I just can't get "GOOD" at this game. I was cleaning up the CPU (I guess that's no huge feat though lol) but I just can't hold my own online.

Is there a beginners guide or tips or something? I'm usually so good with fighters, but for some reason not this one =/
pick Raiden

Nori Chan

Nemesis556 said:

Who do you use?

It's easy, just always sweep. People never block low. :D

fernoca

malfcn said:
How do you check which version you are running? I heard pressing some triggers on a certain screen?

Also, shout outs to TYM for their Season Pass contest. I won a code!
Congrats. :p
To check the version, go to:
1. Options
2. Gameplay Options
3. Inside Gameplay Options, press: R1 + R2 + Triangle on PS3 or RB + RT + Y on Xbox 360
4. Version number will appear right next to 'Gameplay Options'
5. Pressing this buttons will reset all the options in there, but going back and not saving the new options puts them back to how you had them.

SuperBonk

corkscrewblow said:
pick Raiden
Seriously. After spending so much time trying to learn Cyber Sub with mixed results, I pick up Raiden and it's like "Oh, I guess people don't know how to defend against 334."

GrayFoxPL

Nemesis556 said:

Who do you play as?

No1 rule is offensive, offensive, offensive. Normals do chip damage and that makes huge difference compared to other fighters. Mixing up combos from jumping punch is also big deal. Rather then jump in and do a short combo, don't finish it and start a new string to make opponent guess.

GrayFoxPL

DRE Fei said:
Ok, just downloaded Rain. He's awesome. Strangely, all of his finishing moves are unlocked from the start.

Tell me more. Can you stand on middle of the screen and super roundhouse, jab, super roundhouse, jab, ect.?

We poor euro psners gotta wait till late tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom