• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

I'm telling you new guy got several armor plates on his arms and larger metal plate on belt.

Who could be that armored? Hotaru? Li Mei on one costume? Dairou?

Probably new guy, but...

Khezu

corkscrewblow said:
4jNVt.gif

believe

Well, in the new MK legacy thing.
maybesmoke.jpg

Might be a generic robot, or could be really awesome cross media promotion.

Khezu said:
Well, in the new MK legacy thing.
Might be a generic robot, or could be really awesome cross media promotion.
Looks a lot like the generic ones from MK9.

Of course, I don't want Cyber Smoke, so I'm probably biased.

GrayFoxPL

Slamtastic said:
Looks a lot like the generic ones from MK9.

Of course, I don't want Cyber Smoke, so I'm probably biased.

If they'd put Cyber Smoke they would fuck up all the hard work they've put in story mode.
They won't do it. If they do I'll lose all respect for Boon for giving in to the whiners.

Khezu

I just want a purple MK3 robot alt for human smoke, with the smoke bomb coming out of his chest, and the classic world destruction fatality.

A full on robo smoke character would be a bit much.

Tanya is suspicious. She was mentioned with all the other characters for possible DLC, but it was a separate tweet from Boon. Like an afterthought.

Maybe it's a redesigned Tanya.

Unicorn

Anyone know where I can buy MK new for $30 or under new and $20 and under used?

Amazon has it new for $37 ($30 used) and Half.com has it used for $33. I'm trying to factor in the online pass for used.

My 360 Died a week or so ago, I traded in all my games and have a fat stack of Gamestop credit. But, I don't want to use 60 of it for a new copy from them, knowing it's cheaper elsewhere.

Looking to buy it on ps3, obviously.

sleepykyo

Unicorn said:
Anyone know where I can buy MK new for $30 or under new and $20 and under used?

Amazon has it new for $37 ($30 used) and Half.com has it used for $33. I'm trying to factor in the online pass for used.

My 360 Died a week or so ago, I traded in all my games and have a fat stack of Gamestop credit. But, I don't want to use 60 of it for a new copy from them, knowing it's cheaper elsewhere.

Looking to buy it on ps3, obviously.

Sure about that? The netcode is still pretty bad on the PS3. Still generally laggy and the connection indicators are still broken so you can't find that rare good connection without suffering multiple matches of rage inducing lag.

Unicorn

Well, my Gold was expired, so I never even got to try online pre-patch on xbox (apart from using the trial pass at a friend's house one night).

I had plenty of fun playing by myself, and even though none of my friends liked the game, I'm fine with no online play. I just love this game so much, but I'm slightly hoping the online is better post-patch on ps3 than it was pre-patch on 360.

Mileena

Banned
sleepykyo said:
Sure about that? The netcode is still pretty bad on the PS3. Still generally laggy and the connection indicators are still broken so you can't find that rare good connection without suffering multiple matches of rage inducing lag.
This is so false.

Stop being silly.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
sleepykyo said:

Yeah, no. Post-patch I've encountered virtually no lag at all. No desyncs either.

Unicorn

Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, no. Post-patch I've encountered virtually no lag at all. No desyncs either.
Well, I'm tempted to use my $100+ gamestop cred to just buy this new and then buy like a $20 or $50 PSN card to buy the DLC.

Kind of have an urge to play it tonight, though I bought Red Dead again and want to complete the story.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Slamtastic said:
I have to agree with Sleepy on this one.

Netcode (PS3 at least) is still unplayable. Not to mentioned "Game session no longer available".

The netcode is better, but there's still an issue with desyncs for me. This now happens on both platforms, whereas before it only used to happen on PS3.

But the game still plays much better online now.

sleepykyo

corkscrewblow said:
This is so false.

Stop being silly.

Which part?

The laggy is subjective and ymmv. Personally it isn't in the same league as BB or even AE.

The second part you can try for youself. Just challenge a whole bunch of players. Did all of those 4 dot connections actually feel like 4 dot connections? For that matter doesn't it seem strange that virtually every connection is rated 4 dots (outside of KotH)?

fernoca

Quick-recap of tomorrow's (today's) schedule of stuff-MK related on Comic-Con...

11:30AM – 12:30PM
Warner Bros. Booth #4545
Mortal Kombat Legacy cast and MK co-creator Ed Boon will be signing autographs
Featuring director Kevin Tancharoen, Ed Boon [MK co-creator], Peter Shinkoda [Sektor], Darren Shahlavi [Kano], Matt Mullins [Johnny Cage] and Jeri Ryan [Sonya].

2:00PM – 3:00PM
Hilton Bayfront – Indigo Room
Warner Premiere Digital Series Panel
-Debut of Episode 9 (final episode) of Mortal Kombat Legacy
-4th (and final) DLC character will be revealed during the panel

7:00PM - 10:00PM
GameStop Westfield Horton Plaza
Mortal Kombat Tournament (with prizes) and playable demos featuring all DLC characters; including the new 4th character​

Of note is that the 4th character will be revealed during the WB Digital Panel and H+ (from Bryan Singer) is the only other web series expected to be there along with Mortal Kombat.

Guess we'll know in a few hours.

Mileena

Banned
sleepykyo said:
Which part?

The laggy is subjective and ymmv. Personally it isn't in the same league as BB or even AE.

The second part you can try for youself. Just challenge a whole bunch of players. Did all of those 4 dot connections actually feel like 4 dot connections? For that matter doesn't it seem strange that virtually every connection is rated 4 dots (outside of KotH)?
I try not to play randoms because they're awful and I don't like playing awfuls. I'm in FL and I mainly play a friend in NY for near 100 matches at a time and it's on SSF4s level with the netcode, AKA zero lag. Also haven't had a single desync/session no longer available since the patch. The netcode is fine.

Just over 6 hours away from the 4th character unveil. Somehow I think I will be disappointed unless its some crazy cross over character. I can't think of an MK character that will excite me as DLC.

Novid

Banned
fernoca said:
Quick-recap of tomorrow's (today's) schedule of stuff-MK related on Comic-Con...

11:30AM – 12:30PM
Warner Bros. Booth #4545
Mortal Kombat Legacy cast and MK co-creator Ed Boon will be signing autographs
Featuring director Kevin Tancharoen, Ed Boon [MK co-creator], Peter Shinkoda [Sektor], Darren Shahlavi [Kano], Matt Mullins [Johnny Cage] and Jeri Ryan [Sonya].

2:00PM – 3:00PM
Hilton Bayfront – Indigo Room
Warner Premiere Digital Series Panel
-Debut of Episode 9 (final episode) of Mortal Kombat Legacy
-4th (and final) DLC character will be revealed during the panel

7:00PM - 10:00PM
GameStop Westfield Horton Plaza
Mortal Kombat Tournament (with prizes) and playable demos featuring all DLC characters; including the new 4th character​

Of note is that the 4th character will be revealed during the WB Digital Panel and H+ (from Bryan Singer) is the only other web series expected to be there along with Mortal Kombat.

Guess we'll know in a few hours.

Ironic that all the DLC is banned at EVO but not here.

Novid said:
Why is it ironic? EVO is a tourney that people have been training for for months in advance and it attracts the best fighting game players from all over the world. This tourney @ comic con is just a small PR stunt to market the DLC and its likely going to be filled with scrubs as the competition.

sleepykyo

Novid said:

June 1 was the cutoff for all stuff going into Evo. AE being the exception seeing as most international players and arcade/tournament players have had access to it.

Uzumaki Goku

I wouldn't mind Cyber Smoke as a third costume for Smoke just with his animations changed a bit.. actually he still should've been in this game from the beginning. I LOATHE Cyber Sub-Zero as a character. (in the story mode review I'm making, I make this very clear)

...FREDDY KRUGER?! OF ALL THE CHARACTERS THEY COULD'VE PICKED?! ......WHY?!!!!

GrayFoxPL

Shit if they went that far they could bring Jason along with him.

I'm not a fan Freddy, but oh well, it could've been worse...Like Tanya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom