• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

Khezu said:
All those terrible 3D games have made MK fans kinda crazy in the head, and whiny as all hell.
Nah..fans of anything are always like that.
I thought I was a fan of Zelda, until the Wind Waker reveal. XD
Then there comes the bullshit of "true fans". :p

Looking around, but seems Episode 9 hasn't been posted yet. :(

The series will be available of iTunes, Xbox Live, PSN and Bluray this fall.

I haven't seen any pics on here, all I see are you guys joking about Freddy and Jason. Did they not announce the character? I can't check cause I'm still at work.

fernoca

Squall ASF said:
I haven't seen any pics on here, all I see are you guys joking about Freddy and Jason. Did they not announce the character? I can't check cause I'm still at work.
:p

The video was posted already...just in case.

rAaZb.jpg

sleepykyo

Squall ASF said:

They announced him. Reboot version. Dual claws (I haven't seen the reboot so I'm not sure if that is accurate), still reusing the default jump p animation even though most of his punch attacks are slashes. Cool fatalites, one of which ends in the same ways as Johnny Deep. I assume the other is based on imagery from the reboot. Officially the last dlc character.

So Jason is part of a Halloween set/shopping set. Or not in the near future anyway.

sleepykyo said:
Officially the last dlc character.
Officially the 4th character, not the last. As you said, Jason has a good chance of coming later, as well as other characters that are wanted like Tanya, Fujin, Robot Smoke (please god), Reiko, etc. Likely there will be at least 4 more plus a whole bunch of costumes and maybe some fatalities.

On the Freddy note, he looks cool, I'll buy him, but I wish he looked like the old one, and had 1 glove.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Uh, I think it was a bad choice, they should have gone with one of the players' favourites.

Mileena

Banned
Keiician said:
Uh, I think it was a bad choice, they should have gone with one of the players' favourites.
They can save all the shitty 3D MK characters for UMK9 or MK10, which I for sure won't buy.

Cool, NRS just saved me $5 bucks, cause I couldn't possibly care less about Freddy Krueger.

It's too bad for them though, cause I would have loved to have given them my money to have another Mortal Kombat character in my Mortal Kombat game.

sephi22

Can any Euro/UAE Gaffers confirm/deny whether all of the character packs have hit the PSN store yet?

I ask because I stay in the UAE and the DLC in the UAE store is all over the place. We don't have the Skarlet or the Skarlet Compatibility pack. There's a Kenshi compatibility pack that costs $5 but there's no separate Kenshi character, and there's a Rain compatibility pack (for free) and Rain himself for $5, but the picture for the icon is the MK:Armageddon Rain, not the new MK9 Rain.

I ask because usually our store updates with the UK store, and we usually get the same games, but at different prices.

Also, first post. So happy.

Just got home so I could finally check what you guys posted. Thanks! LMAO at this development. Cracks me up even more that people are raging at other sites. Lighten up, yeesh. Can't wait to fool around with him. I thought the Freddy and Jason rumors where nonsense, guess not. Wonder if Jason will come later, looks like a few of you think he will.

The only MK characters I would find particularly cool to add at this point are Fujin and Motoro. At least the latter as he is in the original trilogy. Rain is who I always wanted so I'm content regardless who comes out now.

Mileena

Banned
notworksafe said:
Unmasked Sub should be cool (hurr hurr). I'm gonna guess MK2 Mileena for the second costume.
For sure. No way they're gonna make a MK3 Scorpion when they can't re-use it for the other ninjas. Unmasked Sub is cool I guess, though I wish it was for Cyber Sub since I actually play him.

corkscrewblow said:
For sure. No way they're gonna make a MK3 Scorpion when they can't re-use it for the other ninjas. Unmasked Sub is cool I guess, though I wish it was for Cyber Sub since I actually play him.
$5 pack.

corkscrewblow said:
Huh, why can't they reuse MK3 Scorpion for other Ninjas? I expect there will eventually will be more klassic skins packs which will fill out the MK2 male/fem ninjas and the MK3 male ninjas and probably a few other popular requests like MK1 Kano, MK3 Sonya and Stryker, and Robo-Smoke. So something out of those remaining costumes is probably going to be packed along with Freddy and Unmasked Subbie.

fernoca

Yep.
The current retro-pack is named Klassic Skins Pack #1, so they can just release #2 with the remaining colors, charge $5 and call it a day. :p

notworksafe

Hey if they are making an all new Sub costume than there's always a chance for

Cy1ud.gif

But I doubt it. :( I'll pay $5 for it if you toss it in a costume pack though, Ed.

sephi22 said:
HYPE HYPE HYPE
I hope he doesn't look too old under the mask.
I think his look in that MKDA concept art in the TYM article is perfect.

I like him looking a bit grizzled and experienced.

(Even though he's the younger brother)

Meh at Freddy (never been a big fan of guest characters in fighting games in general), so likely won't be buying him, but happy for unmasked Sub-Zero. I hope he's a grizzled mother fucker like he is in Deadly Alliance. That's by far my favorite Sub-Zero design.

Mileena

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
Huh, why can't they reuse MK3 Scorpion for other Ninjas? I expect there will eventually will be more klassic skins packs which will fill out the MK2 male/fem ninjas and the MK3 male ninjas and probably a few other popular requests like MK1 Kano, MK3 Sonya and Stryker, and Robo-Smoke. So something out of those remaining costumes is probably going to be packed along with Freddy and Unmasked Subbie.
"Last" DLC character

unless this...

Slamtastic said:

I wouldn't put it past them lol

sephi22

Khezu said:
No art is playing now, brady was getting destroyed with his sub.
Oh that makes sense. They just corrected the names display.
Brady's been getting exposed recently. I think Michaelangelo and Chris G are the ones to watch at EVO.

sleepykyo

Ultimoo said:
does tom brady always put NRS on blast? lol.

Some of the stuff sounds right. Some sounds highly speculative.

Some just sounds plain ridiculous. eg. Variable block stun, random/alternating priority when it comes to resolving trades.

fernoca

Yeah. Tom Brady is a nice guy and an awesome player, but when he rants...he really does. XD

TRMK is saying that apparently the second alt costume in the upcoming compatibility pack is for...Kabal. But have no evidence like with Unmasked Sub-Zero, seems to be just reports from the Gamestop tournament/demos.

EDIT:
Oh and Episode 9 of Legacy will debut Sunday, July 24th at 6pm PST at Machinima's YouTube Channel.

Oh bah. Looks like they made the UMK3 Ninja design to be reused a bunch and just headswapped it for Sub-Zero.

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Suspenders or bust.

fernoca

Yeah, looks nice! :)

So yep, guess Klassic Skins Pack #2 featuring:
-MKII Mileena
-MKII Scorpion
-MKII Sub-Zero
-MKII Reptile
-MK3 Scorpion
-MK3 Reptile
-MK3 Ermac
-MK3 Noob
-MK3 Human Smoke

For $4.99

fernoca said:

-MKII Mileena
-MKII Scorpion
-MKII Sub-Zero
-MKII Reptile
-MK3 Scorpion
-MK3 Reptile
-MK3 Ermac
-MK3 Noob
-MK3 Human Smoke

For $4.99
But I want MK 3 Cyber Sub, MK2/3 Skarlet, MK9/3 Cyber Smoke, MK 1/2/3 Rain.

Oh and regular alts for Cyber Sub and the DLC characters.

And MK1 Raiden. And MK3 Sonya.

So basically what I'm saying is shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

fernoca said:

-MKII Mileena
-MKII Scorpion
-MKII Sub-Zero
-MKII Reptile
-MK3 Scorpion
-MK3 Reptile
-MK3 Ermac
-MK3 Noob
-MK3 Human Smoke

For $4.99

The costumes that I want which haven't been released/confirmed yet:

MK1:
Kano

MK2:
Mileena
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Reptile

MK3:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero (Masked)
Reptile
Ermac
Noob
Rain
Smoke (Human)
Smoke (Robot)
Sonya
Stryker

Sell 2 more Kostume packs and call it a day. I'd be very happy with that.

I definitely would want MK3 Rain, would be so awesome to see him using the classic win pose with the MK3 costume.

edit: also slightly lame that unmasked Sub-Zero is pretty much just a UMK3 male ninja without the mask. I could deal with giving him a top because the suspenders were ridiculous but I liked the pant design he had from MK3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom