• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All they should do is fix bugs like the classic costumes playing like their pre-patched versions, shorten Raiden's frame advantage off blocked vicinity blast, do something about Skarlet's knives, make her back throw do 12%, do something about Cyrax's reset and they're good to go.

fernoca

Newest bio!! :p

New Playable Kharacter: Freddy Krueger
Release: August 9, 2011
Price: $4.99 (PSN) / 400 Microsoft Points (XLM)
Kontent: Character model, biography, arcade ladder ending, X-ray move, special moves, 2 Fatalities, 1 Babality, retro (MK3) costumes for Sub-Zero and ??? *
*Retro costumes will also be free with the "compatibility pack". This compatibility pack is required to play online in order to see other players using Freddy Krueger.

GUqQ3.png

Freddy Krueger: Prince of Fear
A malevolent spirit of the Dream Realm, Freddy Krueger preys on the souls of the living as they sleep. When Shao Kahn began to steal Earthrealm's souls - souls Freddy considered his own - Freddy battled the emperor in the Dream Realm. But Shao Kahn's will was too strong. He pulled Freddy into the real world, where he was mortal, and defeated him.

A badly injured yet determined Freddy fitted both his hands with demonically enhanced razor gloves. Once he has killed Shao Kahn he will find a way back to the Dream Realm, where he will torment Earthrealm's souls for eternity.

Fatality #1:
Fatality #2:
Babality:
Stage Fatality:

fernoca

DR2K said:
??? = Sonya? No one else has been requested as much as her.
Only MK3 Kabal and MK3-Cyber Smoke has been teased, but nothing official at the moment.

I still say is MKII Mileena, but we'll see. :p

Khezu

Id rather have the non scared kabal model with the pony tail from the story mode.

Also after freddy comes out they need to make a mega compatibility patch, that comes with cyber reptile and inferno scorpion(with all the extra fire effects in his attacks). All the online warriors couldn't resist flaming skull scorpion, almost as good as a patch.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I had some extra points, bought rain. He's pretty fun. Didnt delve too much but so far hes the only one that has piqued my interest out of the dlc bunch. *shudders @ freddie*

Khezu said:
Id rather have the non scared kabal model with the pony tail from the story mode.

Also after freddy comes out they need to make a mega compatibility patch, that comes with cyber reptile and inferno scorpion(with all the extra fire effects in his attacks). All the online warriors couldn't resist flaming skull scorpion, almost as good as a patch.
Came here to post this haha. Just passed those 2 in the tower recently. Hopefully Freddy is the last character but they continue with more alts.

djkimothy

I like how when you can see the opponent bought every dlc character so far, but then picks scorpion. It's like some kind of stealth troll or something

fernoca

djkimothy said:
I like how when you can see the opponent bought every dlc character so far, but then picks scorpion. It's like some kind of stealth troll or something
Yep; happened to me a few times too.
Is like "look at me I have every DLC"...SCORPION!

djkimothy said:
I pretend to do fatalities, but then I punch them in the nuts instead. :p

Tower challenge 281 is killing me. Fuck this stupid ass tilt the world shit. I don't know what I'm doing with mileena and I'm about to burst a blood vessel.

Nevermind. Got it.

fernoca

HeresSomeWeapons said:
Really? Who was teasing such things?
Random posts though Comic-Con and the tournament. Some reported seeing MK3 Kabal. Others alluded to Cyber Smoke and Tom Brady apparently even mentioning him too.

But pictures never came. for Sub pics came relatively quick along with videos, but for the others..nothing. So I guess it was just wishes.

Hence my MKII Mileena is the safe choice. :p

Unicorn said:
Kabal needs an alt most of all right now. Fucking both costumes have pig-tails.
I'm pretty sure Kabal's hair was originally like that in 3, you just never got a good look at the back of his head.

I would say Sonya needs an alt the most. Both of her costumes are trashy junk.

Unicorn

Green Mamba said:
I'm pretty sure Kabal's hair was originally like that in 3, you just never got a good look at the back of his head.

I would say Sonya needs an alt the most. Both of her costumes are trashy junk.
I like her alt for boner material alone.

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
Well, Machinima (finally) posted the last episode of Mortal Kombat Legacy.

It's an awesome fight but something's bugging me no end.
How is it an accurate "test" for the cyborgs when they're putting 2 against one? Hydro was kicking their asses anyway at such disadvantage, it's clear that one-on-one neither Cyrax nor Sektor would have any chances. But they're eventually gangbanging him and peeps are like: "Success the new cyborgs are superior!" Superior my ass!

djkimothy

GrayFoxPL said:
It's an awesome fight but something's bugging me no end.
How is it an accurate "test" for the cyborgs when they're putting 2 against one? Hydro was kicking their asses anyway at such disadvantage, it's clear that one-on-one neither Cyrax nor Sektor would have any chances. But they're eventually gangbanging him and peeps are like: "Success the new cyborgs are superior!" Superior my ass!

Writing and plot was never the series strongest points. I have to say that they did the robot models very nicely.

GrayFoxPL

djkimothy said:
Writing and plot was never the series strongest points. I have to say that they did the robot models very nicely.

Would it hurt them to put 2 vs 2? Maybe not enough money to render 4, lol.

Ok, challenge 300 is ludicrous. Any tips or exploits? If I bought my way out of it, do I get the trophy and reward? It's insane and unfair. YouTube vids make me laugh because they never show the BS I go through. Invulnerable glowing assholes.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Looking like there's at least 500 entrants for MK at Evo. Pretty good turnout. This makes the future seem a little more bright for the game on the competitive scene.

djkimothy

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Ok, challenge 300 is ludicrous. Any tips or exploits? If I bought my way out of it, do I get the trophy and reward? It's insane and unfair. YouTube vids make me laugh because they never show the BS I go through. Invulnerable glowing assholes.

Yah, I had trouble too until I realized that difficulty ramps down when you keep losing. So change the difficulty to beginners and lose a few attempts (I think you have to retry and not do the rematch option). Eventually they won't have as much armour plus you regenerate HP.

Done and done.

Unicorn

MoonsaultSlayer said:
If you still wanna buy passed it, you DO get the rewards as if you beat it legit.

djkimothy said:
Yah, I had trouble too until I realized that difficulty ramps down when you keep losing. So change the difficulty to beginners and lose a few attempts (I think you have to retry and not do the rematch option). Eventually they won't have as much armour plus you regenerate HP.

Done and done.
After posing the question here, I searched other forums and came across that tip. I kept hitting pause and retry whenever I lost 50 percent health. Eventually I got it. Spammed Sheeva's d,u stomp.

Now for that damned test your luck trophy...

Mileena

Banned
I got the luck trophy in like 6 tries. There's a way for them to show up by hitting buttons a certain amount of times. Only one I got left is mastery of all characters and down to everything done but fatalities with only 6 characters left. Plat is so close I can taste it. Though, Boon really needs to not add the troll mastery trophies in UMK9 or MK10. Such bullshit.

I encountered quite a few guys today who were just turtling (holding down + block) most of the match and if I ever got near them they'd uppercut me. How would I counter that? If I try to get close and throw, I get nailed with an uppercut. If I try to jump in with a punch, uppercut. If I try to jump in with a kick, blocked and uppercut. If I try to sweep them, blocked and then counter sweeped. And my character didn't have anything that could chip damage that either (was using Smoke for a bit tonight).

Its fucking frustrating, but I know there must be some easy way to counter it. GAF, Help me!

fernoca

re: Easiest way to get the Luck be a Lady/Test your Luck trophy is to:
1. Go into Test your Luck
2. Choose 4 slots
3. Let the computer choose the opponent
4. Right after it chooses the opponent, press:
[360 / PS3]
-X / Square: 7 times
-Y / Triangle: 7 times
-B / Circle: 7 times
Just press them normally (1, 2, 3, 4..); not too fast, not too slow. And make sure that the 3 slots all have the coins. If any one of them doesn't; it won't work.

In case it doesn't work or there's a missing coin in one of the slots, just pause and restart the match.

Noriega said:
If they're blocking while they're crouching, then you can grab them.

Idk if Smoke has an overhead though.
Right, but if I approach him, he uppercuts me before I get a chance to do a grab. Do I have to be dash blocking so that I don't open myself up to that?

He is not uppercutting your throws on reaction. He's just uppercutting you whenever you get close. So go up, wait for uppercut to whiff, d+4, begin pressure. Or block the uppercut and d+1, d+4, overhead, crossup, throw, whatever.

Smoke's overhead is b+2,3.

I'm in pool 3. 8:00 am!

djkimothy

infinityBCRT said:
I encountered quite a few guys today who were just turtling (holding down + block) most of the match and if I ever got near them they'd uppercut me. How would I counter that? If I try to get close and throw, I get nailed with an uppercut. If I try to jump in with a punch, uppercut. If I try to jump in with a kick, blocked and uppercut. If I try to sweep them, blocked and then counter sweeped. And my character didn't have anything that could chip damage that either (was using Smoke for a bit tonight).

Its fucking frustrating, but I know there must be some easy way to counter it. GAF, Help me!

B2,3should knock them across the screen. Or you can chip them with 3,d1,2. If they unblock in the middle of that they get juggled. Next is to smoke towards them an throw them on reaction. You have to be far enough so when they uppercut you on reaction they'll whiff. Works some of the time though. When in doubt keep bombing them to gain meter.

I've been maiming kenshi lately though and he eats turtlers. B2 is one of the fastest overheads.

djkimothy

Unicorn said:
Blame the shitty achievement/trophy.

MK has some of the dumbest trophies. The character mastering is ridiculous. I'd yellow light my ps3 before achieving any of that. And I cant bother sitting through all those fatalities for each character.

I justbplay for fun.

Nemesis_

fernoca said:
Me too....except the winning 200 matches. It could be easier with a friend or two, but none of them are going to buy the game. :/

WE WILL BECOME FRIENDS AND RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSET TOGETHER WITH OUR ACHIEVEMENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom