• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

corkscrewblow said:
200 points for THREE games? Fuck that. I was hoping it would have a platinum. NRS are such trophy trolls.

I don't think you can have more then 200 points for an xbla game, well it is a collection, it's still technically one game.

Xevren

I don't care about achievements or trophies, I just want to see how good the UMK3 game is. Has to be better than the old XBL port.

fernoca

Yeah. the 200-points achievements is a limit from Microsoft. All Arcade games have 200-points, and you can add more if you release DLC; but that's it.

Indie Games = 0 points
Games on Demand/retail: 1000 points (more with DLC)

Nemesis556 said:
WE WILL BECOME FRIENDS AND RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSET TOGETHER WITH OUR ACHIEVEMENTS
<3!!

Mileena

Banned
Khezu said:
I don't think you can have more then 200 points for an xbla game, well it is a collection, it's still technically one game.
silly

so silly

Xevren said:
I don't care about achievements or trophies, I just want to see how good the UMK3 game is. Has to be better than the old XBL port.
Do you like run jab spam? If so, this is the game for you!

edit: oh my... I'm so happy I could cry

JaCnF.jpg

infinityBCRT said:
Thanks for all the tips guys. Will try this stuff tonight.
Just won my last 3 games in a row. Last guy I encountered did nothing but turtle and I whipped his ass. He rage quit before I had a chance to finish him off :)

Thanks for all the tips again.

Started to look at Brady's Smoke guide. I'm finding it super hard to pull off Smokes 3,d+1,2 combo online, dunno if its because of lag or I'm just having performance anxiety while doing it against a real person. Think I'm gonna settle down on learning Smoke well though. After that maybe I'll start learning some Ermac.

edit: I thought Brady/S1LENT1 were going to do a stream tonight in preparation of EVO. But I don't see it. Any other MK streams going on right now?

sleepykyo

Unicorn said:
Blame the shitty achievement/trophy.

I'm never getting that one. The closest I ever came was someone who ragequit with 3 secs left on the clock. And another who decided the best last shot answer to air fans was to jump into one.

GrayFoxPL

fernoca said:
Me too....except the winning 200 matches. It could be easier with a friend or two, but none of them are going to buy the game. :/

But that's 200 on 3 games. I'm planning 190 in MK1, 9 in MK2 and 1 in UMK3. The last one will be the hardest.

GrayFoxPL

infinityBCRT said:
Started to look at Brady's Smoke guide. I'm finding it super hard to pull off Smokes 3,d+1,2 combo online, dunno if its because of lag or I'm just having performance anxiety while doing it against a real person. Think I'm gonna settle down on learning Smoke well though. After that maybe I'll start learning some Ermac.

It's strange but for some character the game seems to drop input in combos. Pre patch I couldn't do any combos with sektor, the inputs just didn't register. After the patch they started working but not always, sometimes it's a matter of luck.

DasRaven

Unicorn said:
What do you mean?

Nevermind, I'm off by a week. I'm so used to DLC releases every 2 weeks that I missed that the next one isn't coming out until 08/09.
So next week, we should get the official Freddy reveal, Story, and Klassic skin trailers(unmasked sub/tbd?).

Khezu

So top 8 for sunday.

Chris G reptile
Tony kabal
Perfect kung lao
tony soprano kitana
REO mileena
Red liu kang
JOP cage
denzell sub-zero

Neat.

Bleepey

Khezu said:
So top 8 for sunday.

Chris G reptile
Tony kabal
Perfect kung lao
tony soprano kitana
REO mileena
Red liu kang
JOP cage
denzell sub-zero

Neat.

Damn, now that's a balanced game! Congrats Netherrealm.

Noriega said:
Wish they didn't have SF and MK at the same time today :\
Agreed. Was kinda ridiculous that 2000 people were there for AE, 500 were there for MK but only like 1% of the people were watching MK because it was on some dinky screen to the side while AE was on the big screen. Should've given MK Quarters and Semis time on the big screen today during Pools for other games.

Heres the Tom Brady vs Arturo/Sabin match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcMgLCj5jYY

Unicorn

corkscrewblow said:
lots of MK. Mastery, double flawless on Shang and beating arcade on expert without dying can all diaf though.
Fuck those. I decided day one I won't even bother. Those will have to just be coincidence.

Unicorn

Has anyone at NRS mentioned the DLC characters' alts?

Man, I have so much fun in singleplayer, but going online, factoring in a second of lag, matches just turn to spam fests as actual play can't exist. :c

I'll continue to try and find someone on the west coast to play with :(

Mileena

Banned
Raiden because he's so bullshit and brainless. Get him in the corner first round with B+312, dash, 334 superman then spam 334 334 33 shocker 33 superman. It will take a couple tries but he's clearly the easiest for getting flawlesses.

Morphis

Just watching the Evo stream. Haven't played MK since pretty close to the launch, I liked it but was dissapointed by the netcode. I read that there's been a patch, how's the netcode now?

sleepykyo

corkscrewblow said:
Enjoy the influx of Mileenas now. I was the OG Mileena main :(

Given NRS unwillingness to add a couple of frame to the offline unsafe/"online safe" moves I still expect to see plenty of Reptile elbow dash. Oh and Raiden teleports gimmicks.

With Mileena her mid/low mix-up is a little harder to see online, but her blocked rolls are the pop up unsafe type. People might have to drop to a lower max punish but they'll still be able to get uppercut class damage or above. Can't really imagine too many bandwagon players joining up.

Fantasmo

sleepykyo said:
Given NRS unwillingness to add a couple of frame to the offline unsafe/"online safe" moves I still expect to see plenty of Reptile elbow dash. Oh and Raiden teleports gimmicks.

With Mileena her mid/low mix-up is a little harder to see online, but her blocked rolls are the pop up unsafe type. People might have to drop to a lower max punish but they'll still be able to get uppercut class damage or above. Can't really imagine too many bandwagon players joining up.

Yea, that and REOs techniques are really high level offline play techniques, especially the low in the air jump sais. The timing to do that and his pressure tactics and combos are really tough online. Maybe a few but most will give up fast.

Becoming busy lately so I'll let you guys in on a few observations of mine:

There's a character that totally destroys Kitana
There's a character pretty much designed to destroy Reptile
There's a character that completely dominates Raiden
There's a character that stuffs Mileena big time and
There's a character that (so far), seems to make life a living hell for both Liu Kang and Sindel.

Ill let you guys hit practice mode and figure out who they are, but if you're struggling, PM me and Ill give you a few strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom