• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
Mileena combos and instant air sais are hard to do online? You must be trolling. Combos in this game are so easy that slight input delay doesn't even matter.

I'm a MK noob but I started using Mileena because of EVO. I am stomping all of my friends now.

Jade is my main but I think I'm already beatter with Mileena.

Fantasmo

corkscrewblow said:
Mileena combos and instant air sais are hard to do online? You must be trolling. Combos in this game are so easy that slight input delay doesn't even matter.

Um, no I don't troll.

Both on and offline she doesn't have much of a low game but she causes big chip damage from blocked combos due to frame advantages. That and the double sweep mixup make her very dangerous to be near and hard to get away from. Should you try to get away you might eat U+4 (splits) or ball roll which leads to easy 30+%. In most matchups, you have to fight her off and one mistake and you're eating big combos and major pressure. I think most of us can agree on that unless you have an ace up your sleeve.

Mileena on offense offline, is much harder to read which makes her extremely dangerous.

Online, with lag, it's not so easy to perfectly place an air sai 100% of the time. A couple mistimed throws and an opponent can close in. With full speed you can also add this sai keepaway technique to her repertoire.

Maybe you're better than me, but Mileena has always been much more of a threat offline than she is online (and either way a good one keeps me guessing) unless I'm using my counter character which is still not an easy match either.

Offline she's an unbearable guessing game to me. Online, I fare quite a bit better.

corkscrewblow said:
Slight input delay doesn't matter, massive input delay, the game going in slow motion, and dropped inputs do matter.

UMK9, please be announced and save me from the current netcode :( .

Mileena

Banned
junkster said:
Um, no I don't troll.

Both on and offline she doesn't have much of a low game but she causes big chip damage from blocked combos due to frame advantages. That and the double sweep mixup make her very dangerous to be near and hard to get away from. Should you try to get away you might eat U+4 (splits) or ball roll which leads to easy 30+%. In most matchups, you have to fight her off and one mistake and you're eating big combos and major pressure. I think most of us can agree on that unless you have an ace up your sleeve.

Mileena on offense offline, is much harder to read which makes her extremely dangerous.

Online, with lag, it's not so easy to perfectly place an air sai 100% of the time. A couple mistimed throws and an opponent can close in. With full speed you can also add this sai keepaway technique to her repertoire.

Maybe you're better than me, but Mileena has always been much more of a threat offline than she is online (and either way a good one keeps me guessing) unless I'm using my counter character which is still not an easy match either.

Offline she's an unbearable guessing game to me. Online, I fare quite a bit better.
I don't know, I just haven't played anyone (online or offline) who can win matches against my Mileena except Xevren and a friend who plays Kung Lao. Everyone gets shitted on by the mixup game, so I don't even bother zoning. B3/U4 shenanigans get people so bad.

Fantasmo

Slamtastic said:
Slight input delay doesn't matter, massive input delay, the game going in slow motion, and dropped inputs do matter.

UMK9, please be announced and save me from the current netcode :( .
Yeah that's what I see a lot of.

Corkscrewblow I dunno if I played your Mileena but I'd be willing to test it out.

Osu 16 bit PM me.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How much are the DLC? Any expectations for a "Super" version to come out at some time? I'm thinking about getting the game from amazon for $39.99.

DasRaven

Trojita said:
How much are the DLC? Any expectations for a "Super" version to come out at some time? I'm thinking about getting the game from amazon for $39.99.

$5 each character.

Not currently, but that's always the case until it happens.

If you've ever liked any MK, Get it. If you like fighting games in general, Get it.

Just get it.

fernoca

corkscrewblow said:
fuckin hope so. MK9 is getting dull, I need my $15 copy of UMK3... :(
Apparently at the end of the month (August 30 PSN/31 Xbox 360) and $10 (800 MS points).
No specific date, but the price is final at least. :p

fernoca

Well, still not final. If anything, they'll move it to mid-late Septemeber to avoid direct competition with Third Strike. They always said "end of summer" and the plan was always to release after the Xbox-Summer of Arcade ended, so it fits. Capcom did the same for Third Strike, only that they announced a final date recently; while WB hasn't done so for Kollection yet.

Gamestop still has the tentative date of the Klassic sticks (with the code to download Kollection) as August 31; so guess we'll know for sure..soon.

Beardz

corkscrewblow said:
I don't know, I just haven't played anyone (online or offline) who can win matches against my Mileena except Xevren and a friend who plays Kung Lao. Everyone gets shitted on by the mixup game, so I don't even bother zoning. B3/U4 shenanigans get people so bad.

Don't forget my Night Wolf :p

Nori Chan

A malevolent spirit of the Dream Realm, Freddy Krueger preys on the souls of the living as they sleep. When Shao Kahn began to steal Earthrealm's souls - souls Freddy considered his own - Freddy battled the emperor in the Dream Realm. But Shao Kahn's will was too strong. He pulled Freddy into the real world, where he was mortal, and defeated him. A badly injured yet determined Freddy fitted both his hands with demonically enhanced razor gloves. Once he has killed Shao Kahn he will find a way back to the Dream Realm, where he will torment Earthrealm's souls for eternity.

Freddy's story in MK.

fernoca

Yeah, was posted in July 23: ;)

New Playable Kharacter: Freddy Krueger
Release: August 9, 2011
Price: $4.99 (PSN) / 400 Microsoft Points (XLM)
Kontent: Character model, biography, arcade ladder ending, X-ray move, special moves, 2 Fatalities, 1 Babality, retro (MK3) costumes for Sub-Zero and ??? *
*Retro costumes will also be free with the "compatibility pack". This compatibility pack is required to play online in order to see other players using Freddy Krueger.

GUqQ3.png

Freddy Krueger: Prince of Fear
A malevolent spirit of the Dream Realm, Freddy Krueger preys on the souls of the living as they sleep. When Shao Kahn began to steal Earthrealm's souls - souls Freddy considered his own - Freddy battled the emperor in the Dream Realm. But Shao Kahn's will was too strong. He pulled Freddy into the real world, where he was mortal, and defeated him.

A badly injured yet determined Freddy fitted both his hands with demonically enhanced razor gloves. Once he has killed Shao Kahn he will find a way back to the Dream Realm, where he will torment Earthrealm's souls for eternity.

Fatality #1:
Fatality #2:
Babality:
Stage Fatality:
Now to wait for his moves...and to see his babality. XD

fernoca

Shadowlink said:
Will there be a seperate thread for the Arcade Kollection? I think I'll get it on both consoles. :p
I think so.
Keeping an eye on the release date to see if I could make one...or not. New computer, so aside paint..have nothing else at the moment installed (to edit pictures at least). XD

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
This is my first fighting game since... MK3 on PC (also played it with keyboard).

Everything is so... new!!

Currently the only character who is bitch to fight is Scorpion.

COME HERE

COME HERE

COME HERE

djkimothy

subversus said:
This is my first fighting game since... MK3 on PC (also played it with keyboard).

Everything is so... new!!

Currently the only character who is bitch to fight is Scorpion.

COME HERE

COME HERE

COME HERE

Like Tom Brady said, scorpion is the un safest character out there. Block then punish.

Unicorn

DasRaven said:
And thus Cyber-Smoke is written out of canon forever.
Yeah, I don't like Cyber Sub, let alone... this.

Though, It was some wishful thinking to have Cyber Smoke, with classic moveset.. but I was willing to have Cyber Smoke with Human Smoke moveset. le sad :c

Khezu

DasRaven said:
And thus Cyber-Smoke is written out of canon forever.

It just gives the crazies more hope that he will show up as a DLC character down the road.
Unmasked sub looks awesome, cyber sub looks cool too I guess. At least he has an alt now.

fernoca

Interesting choice.
Cyber Sub's first alt. At least better and more unexpected than MKII Mileena. :p

Guess the rest of the retros will appear on a later Klassic Pack.

Khezu said:
It just gives the crazies more hope that he will show up as a DLC character down the road.
Unmasked sub looks awesome, cyber sub looks cool too I guess. At least he has an alt now.
I'm not sure as a separate character but maybe as a costume. If they want to sell the next Klassic Skins pack(s), why give away the best ones? (MK2 Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile, MK2 Mileena, UMK3 Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Reptile/Rain/Smoke/Noob/Ermac, MK3 Robo Smoke).

GrayFoxPL

Shadowlink said:
Nice costume announcements! For those wanting Cyber Smoke, wouldn't he have to be a new character?

Would have to be 2 Smokes, like Sub-Zero and Frost, but there's no other word for "Smoke" I think.... Or........Stop dreaming! There's no Cyber Smoke in MK Realm 2.0. End of story.

Unicorn

GrayFoxPL said:
Would have to be 2 Smokes, like Sub-Zero and Frost, but there's no other word for "Smoke" I think.... Or........Stop dreaming! There's no Cyber Smoke in MK Realm 2.0. End of story.
Steam, Vapor, Fog, Smog, Gas...

Anyway, I'm interested to see their DLCc plans for the following months. Obviously Retro packs are in high demand, but I'd also like to see Koncept Kostume packs, Fatality pack (retro or otherwise), and maybe secrets added.

Unicorn said:
Steam, Vapor, Fog, Smog, Gas...

Anyway, I'm interested to see their DLCc plans for the following months. Obviously Retro packs are in high demand, but I'd also like to see Koncept Kostume packs, Fatality pack (retro or otherwise), and maybe secrets added.
I would like to see the connection strength indicators work on PS3, that way I could test if 4 bar connections are the mythical "good as SSFIV" that I see people claiming.

EDIT: very awesome combo video

djkimothy

Finally after so much practice I finally pulled off Kung Lao's bnb combo.

The tricky part is connecting the final 2, 4, throw, 2. But I realized that the guy has to be practically touching the ground after the enhanced hat to get the right distance. It took for ever to get the timing of the dash 1 to connect. But figured that out too. I feel like perfect legend now. ;)

Shadowlink said:
Nice costume announcements! For those wanting Cyber Smoke, wouldn't he have to be a new character?
Remember that Human Sektor/Cyrax are just costumes for their robot forms. They could do something similar with Smoke.

infinityBCRT said:
Remember that Human Sektor/Cyrax are just costumes for their robot forms. They could do something similar with Smoke.
I think people want Cyber Smoke because they want something similar to his MK3 move set. I could be wrong, but they probably would have released his cyber costume if he were like Cyrax or Sektor.

GrayFoxPL

infinityBCRT said:

How could they if he wasn't a robot at any point in the rebooted story unlike S/C that were human and their alts make sense story wise?

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
My friend hasn't played a fighting game in like 20 years and he destroys me in this game. I just can't understand how this happens. I consider selling it because I bought it to play with him and he destroys me in every fight. It's just not fun...

I don't have such problem with computer opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom