• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AEREC

I really wish amazon offered release date delivery for the TE...ive got one day shipping on it but it still says it should be delivered on the 21st.

At least Ill have Portal 2 though.

Khezu

Today Giantbomb is doing MKvsDC on there TNT tonight, well its not the best game, and I honestly don't really want to watch it, jeff has had a good amount of time with MK9, so it should be kinda interesting to see what he thinks of DC after playing 9 for awhile.

The Lamonster said:
Small businesses, not retail chains. Not many of them around these days, and even less that would break street date.

I'm betting I wouldn't be able to find one here in Los Angeles, then...not many mom & pops here.

fernoca

Story Mode apparently only has (amount of chapters)
16 chapters, and all from the "good guys", and the ones that later "turn good" like Cyrax, Kitana, etc. No specific chapters for the rest
. But still quite long, probably 10 hours long if not longer.

I'm loving the Annihilation pictures in the last pages.. XD

burgerdog

Thread is too big to look for this answer, so sorry in advance. Is this a pad or a stick game? I have a ps360 but my stick is for 360.

fernoca

burgerdog said:
Thread is too big to look for this answer, so sorry in advance. Is this a pad or a stick game? I have a ps360 but my stick is for 360.
Depends on preference, more than anything.
It only uses 5 main buttons (2 punches, 2 kicks and block), and you can customize it.

And inputs are mostly directions, rather than motions. So depends on what do you like.

Nightz

TekkenMaster said:
I'm betting I wouldn't be able to find one here in Los Angeles, then...not many mom & pops here.
I think there are a couple. I don't live in LA, but I know some guys from the Madden GAF league that live in the area and they had their go-to shops to get it early.

Aske

SolidSnakex said:
Dan Forden just posted a blog entry about the audio for MK

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...ng-cinematic-audio-and-the-origins-of-toasty/

It also includes two audio tracks and the origins of 'Toasty'

Awesome. I love the soundtrack samples posted in this blog entry. I've definitely heard the second one before, but never appreciated it as much as this before. Both are fantastic tracks. Can't wait to turn up the music and sound effects in the game, though I hope the default mix is significantly better than the demo. Can anyone who has the game/watched a stream confirm? Anyway, I hope that there's a soundtrack release before too long. The 'inspired by' collection isn't really my thing.

Also, as Ed hinted and per Gerstmann's tweet...
Rain
confirmed?

I always had a feeling he'd be in the game rather than added later as DLC. Just hope he's as magnificent as he was in MK Trilogy.

TekkenMaster said:

There are a couple places I used to always go to when I was in the LA area. Rather not post their name here cause I'm paranoid and NRS is watching everyone!

TekkenMaster said:

There are a couple places I used to always go to when I was in the LA area. Rather not post their name here cause I'm paranoid and NRS is watching everyone!

Is there no chat for this stream? Or am I stupid?

dralla

i cant believe the person who gets the first hit automatically gets a third of a bar of meter. i thought that was going to be a demo thing

gray_fox224

Khezu said:
Today Giantbomb is doing MKvsDC on there TNT tonight, well its not the best game, and I honestly don't really want to watch it, jeff has had a good amount of time with MK9, so it should be kinda interesting to see what he thinks of DC after playing 9 for awhile.
What time does it start?

DasRaven

dralla said:
i cant believe the person who gets the first hit automatically gets a third of a bar of meter. i thought that was going to be a demo thing

MK has always rewarded aggression. That's why there's block damage, big meter for first hit, and special moves that generally put the characters closer together rather than zone them out.

Remember MK Trilogy's AGGRESSOR meter?

dralla said:

Can be disabled with kombat codes.

We have a "tournament mode" code, which disables that, toasty, and also the foreground objects.

DasRaven said:
MK has always rewarded aggression. That's why there's block damage, big meter for first hit, and special moves that generally put the characters closer together rather than zone them out.

Throwing is also encouraged!

flarkminator said:
Can be disabled with kombat codes.

We have a "tournament mode" code, which disables that, toasty, and also the foreground objects.
What the hell? This game has everything! I am now at the point where I need to see it to believe it. Tuesday is so close now, I can taste it.

One thing that has been bugging me in the Gamestop commercials - why aren't Klassic Scorpion's eyes white? They look orange and catlike in those commercials.

GrayFoxPL

DasRaven said:

Shame there's no aggressor in this. Shit was balls.

Ermac player's getting really good really fast with the combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom