• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aske said:
Scorpion didn't have white eyes until MK2. It's a shame that the retro ninja costumes are based on MK1, because they didn't really nail the ninja look until MK2, and that's the design everyone pictures when they think of the classic versions of those characters.

20110414-m22fi79ucxnwudqjtjj9cph3im.jpg
Bummer. Appreciate the answer!

jintek

Banned
Alright guy's, the day has come and I'll be playing this all night tonight. It'll be a Day 1 buy for me, but I'll post my impressions after a couple hours.

jintek said:
Alright guy's, the day has come and I'll be playing this all night tonight. It'll be a Day 1 buy for me, but I'll post my impressions after a couple hours.

Uh did you get it or are you going to buy it?

Aske

SerArthurDayne said:
Yeah, retro ninja costumes are actually kind of a mesh between MKII and MKI. Just look at the texture of the colored portions- that is straight up MKII. But, they do have cloth rather than hard masks, which is MKI.

The texture is there in MK1 as well, it's just harder to see. If you look carefully, it's even visible on Scorpion's MK1 character select pic.

The only major differences between the MK1 and MK2 ninja costumes are the loose/tight hoods, and the shin guards.

SolidSnakex said:
Some guy on TRMK is streaming it but he's only giving PM links to long time members of that site.
cool, but not good enough for me! :(
I think this weekend we will start seeing a ton more streams appearing.

Aske said:
The texture is there in MK1 as well, it's just harder to see. If you look carefully, it's even visible on Scorpion's MK1 character select pic.

The only major differences between the MK1 and MK2 ninja costumes are the loose/tight hoods, and the shin guards.
And theres black trim around the colored fabric in mk2. But yeah, the quilted pattern is totally there on the mk1 costumes.

mjc

Is Jeff right in saying that MK games don't need to be played with sticks? I haven't played an MK game since the PS2.

strideramc

Just saw on a stream that costumes from Deception are available for purchase in the krypt. They purchased Mileena's. So this leads me to believe that we will be able to buy the klassic kostumes that retailers are using as exclusive incentives.

shuri

Banned
Well the game has been released on the internet now, i guess we can expect lots of 'my friend's cousin managed to get an early copy from his local store and forgot it at my place so here are my impressions' posts around the internet. Damnit, I WANT THE GAME NOW!!! It wont be in my country until wednesday. I'm trying to keep myself spoilers free.

strideramc said:
Just saw on a stream that costumes from Deception are available for purchase in the krypt. They purchased Mileena's. So this leads me to believe that we will be able to buy the klassic kostumes that retailers are using as exclusive incentives.

Oh my god that's awesome.

shuri said:
Well the game has been released on the internet now, i guess we can expect lots of 'my friend's cousin managed to get an early copy from his local store and forgot it at my place so here are my impressions' posts around the internet. Damnit, I WANT THE GAME NOW!!! It wont be in my country until wednesday :(

It already happened...

Khezu

Mega spoilers, no seriously.

there are babalitys, and they all have different animations, reptile hatches out of an egg, noob opens a portal, raiden summons lighting and gets scared of it and starts crying, shang steals the soul of his teddy bear.

Prodigal

Banned
strideramc said:

With all these people that have the game early, you'd think one of them would have clarified the klassic kostume stuff by now.

strideramc said:
360s psu is in germany for a repair, mk9 not released in the uk until next friday... fuck, waiting for a new psu to arrive before then is killing me!

2nqw0o4.gif

Khezu said:

there are babalitys, and they all have different animations, reptile hatches out of an egg, noob opens a portal, raiden summons lighting and gets scared of it and starts crying, shang steals the soul of his teddy bear.

Sweet Jesus.....

Tesseract

Banned
Khezu said:

my god.

RS4-

For anyone that has the game on 360 what's the deal with 2v2 with four people? I wonder if we could hook up 4 joysticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom